Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']Eh, that looks more like a sky-kitten strip.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][I]*immediately thinks of [U]Sky Kitten and the World of Tomorrow[/U][/I]*[/FONT]
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='Doc Holliday'][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2730662392_48bc95f802.jpg[/IMG]

The inevitable fate of all sea-kittens.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Yum, Sea kitten and chips. Or... on Fridays especially during Lent would resturaunts be advertising their Friday Sea Kitten fries?[/color]
Posted
Sea Kittens? :animesighOkay the truth is it doesnt really matter if you change the name or not cuz fish is fish no matter what you name it. I support Peta (kinda :animeswea) but Sea Kittens? i think they took it a little to far :smirk:
Posted
[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"][B]"Is this chicken, what I have here, or is this kitten?"

Changes the whole thing completely. But to be honest, just makes me think about all those land fish that'll go hungry when people quit buying tuna.

I won't stop eating fish because fish is tasty and delicious. And I happen to like food that is tasty and delicious.

I admire what PETA's trying to do, but a fish by any other name would taste as sweet.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='kenshinsbabe'][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"][B]"Is this chicken, what I have here, or is this kitten?.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Yeah That just wouldn't be the same: They say it's chicken on the can but it tastes like kitten... Suddenly it's just gone from dumb to ridiculous. And eerily enough I could picture Jessica Simpson saying that[/color]
Posted
[quote name='kenshinsbabe'][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"][B]I admire what PETA's trying to do, but a fish by any other name would taste as sweet.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Nice pun, but you FAILED to recall that the majority of fish is in fact not sweet. So a fish by any other name would still taste like a dang sea critter to me.:p
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Nice pun, but you FAILED to recall that the majority of fish is in fact not sweet. So a fish by any other name would still taste like a dang sea critter to me.:p[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]A fish by any other name would still taste fishy... and be okayed by the Vatican to be eatten on Fridays. Is that better?[/color]
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]I don't see myself giving up fish if the name is changed to sea kittens. o_O It's not like I eat a lot of it anyway. This whole approach just seems rather pointless and silly if you ask me. [/FONT]
Posted
What of the cows, chickens, and pigs?

Let's not forget moose, buffalo, and deer.

Quite frankly, these animals were put on here for us to eat. We need both meat and veggies to sustain a good balanced diet. Meat does contain a lot of iron.

Sea kittens? They already have Sea Lions. However the big difference there is that sea lions are cute.

Bring in the sushi. Let's have a feast.
Posted
[quote name='Japan_86']What of the cows, chickens, and pigs?

Let's not forget moose, buffalo, and deer.

Quite frankly, these animals were put on here for us to eat. We need both meat and veggies to sustain a good balanced diet. Meat does contain a lot of iron.

Sea kittens? They already have Sea Lions. However the big difference there is that sea lions are cute.

Bring in the sushi. Let's have a feast.[/QUOTE]

[color=teal][font=curlz mt][size=7] J[/font][/color][/size] [color=#9933ff]apan, why stop at those? You forgot Sheep, (I don't eat the latter) goat (they make delicious curry) pheasant, quail, rabbit, duck, goose and ostrich. The list goes on.

And while I won't deny that meat does have a lot of iron, you can also get your iron by eatting a lot of dark green veggies and taking suppliments. What I don't agree with is PETA forcing people to become vegatarians. If we weren't all supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?

This whole thread makes me hungry and makes me want to do quotes

A wise person once said: You're awfully cute unfortunately you're made of meat. So live by the wise one and at least appologize to your food before you eat it.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]A fish by any other name would still taste fishy... and be okayed by the Vatican to be eatten on Fridays. Is that better?[/color][/QUOTE]

By far!

Hey, is anyone else wondering when a PETA spokesperson will announce "It was all a big joke!"? Because I'm having a pretty hard time believing these people can actually be this stupid.
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']By far!

Hey, is anyone else wondering when a PETA spokesperson will announce "It was all a big joke!"? Because I'm having a pretty hard time believing these people can actually be this stupid.[/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=7][font=curlz mt]C[/color][/font][/size][color=#9933ff]hibi, four words for you: Fish Save New York.

That's what PETA wanted to change Fishkill, New York to a few years ago. And that wasn't a joke.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=chibi-master]By far!

Hey, is anyone else wondering when a PETA spokesperson will announce "It was all a big joke!"? Because I'm having a pretty hard time believing these people can actually be this stupid.[/QUOTE]Nope, because they are that stupid. o_O They've been going downhill with campaigns that make no sense for a while now.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Nope, because they are that stupid. o_O They've been going downhill with campaigns that make no sense for a while now.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Just wait, pretty soon they'll have a campaign claiming cannibalism is both nature?s ultimate population control and food-source for humans, and they'll do it with completely straight faces. On the positive side we'll be able to hunt down and kill every member of PETA and claim we're doing it for food rather than sport.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Nope, because they are that stupid. o_O They've been going downhill with campaigns that make no sense for a while now.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? I thought they'd only had a couple campaigns!:animedepr
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']You're kidding, right? I thought they'd only had a couple campaigns!:animedepr[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]They had one legit campaign. Someone was experimenting on monkeys and the living conditions were horrible and they were mutilated in order to see if they could learn to control prosthetic limbs in order to feed themselves.

That one was their big break. Since then, it's been nothing but controversial flash games, unfounded Colonel Sanders harassment and child-directed propaganda.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']You're kidding, right? I thought they'd only had a couple campaigns!:animedepr[/quote]They've always got some sort of campaign going on. [URL="http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/index.asp#campaigns"][U]PETA[/U][/URL] Just scroll down a bit and take a look. Sometimes they have a decent one, but as of late, they're just downright stupid like the sea kittens deal.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Before I forget, here's an example of another whacked out idea done by PETA... [URL="http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/01/veggie_love.php"][U]Veggie love[/U][/URL]. The only good thing you can say is that checking out their site and forums is good for a laugh. Though usually it takes little time for me to just shake my head and leave.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][B]EDIT:[/B] Before I forget, here's an example of another whacked out idea done by PETA... [URL="http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/01/veggie_love.php"][U]Veggie love[/U][/URL]. The only good thing you can say is that checking out their site and forums is good for a laugh. Though usually it takes little time for me to just shake my head and leave.[/QUOTE]

WTF?! O.o The people in PETA must have had their brains replaced by veggies... But the really disturbing things are some of the comments made under the video...
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Watching PETA in action is mainly good for a laugh these days. Honestly... sea kittens? :blulaugh: I don't see that changing anything at all. I'm still going to enjoy having fish a couple times a week. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Watching PETA in action is mainly good for a laugh these days. Honestly... sea kittens? :blulaugh: I don't see that changing anything at all. I'm still going to enjoy having fish a couple times a week. =P[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[B][FONT="curlz mt"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Magenta"]O[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [color=#9933ff]h don't I know it? I don't know if I'm the only one who's seen their Kentucky Fried Cruelty billboard campaign with none other than Pam Anderson (who's VEGAN with rather large fake boobs- *shakes head*) but it illicites a chuckle every time I think about it.

On and off topic, yesturday at work the cook made sea kittens for the residents and some of the staff ate it too. One of my co-workers said they tasted like fish. Isn't that funny?[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]This whole thing does nothing but tempt me to make sea kitten patties shaped like a cat. I'll just use a cookie cutter like this: [URL="https://www.fancyflours.com/fancyflours/images/items/cookie-cutter-cat-face.jpg"]Cat[/URL] to get the shape right. I already have the fish since I tend to use it and chicken more than red meat.

Also... lol@Gavin =P[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]This whole thing does nothing but tempt me to make sea kitten patties shaped like a cat. I'll just use a cookie cutter like this: [URL="https://www.fancyflours.com/fancyflours/images/items/cookie-cutter-cat-face.jpg"]Cat[/URL] to get the shape right. I already have the fish since I tend to use it and chicken more than red meat.

Also... lol@Gavin =P[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]You know what? If you do 'sea kittie' patties with a cookie cutter like that, it'll look like you're taking a bite out of Luna. More likely than not Sailor Moon will come and punish you- or sit down and eat depending on how hungry she is.

Gor, that was a horridly disombobulated post. I do appologize. And if PETA really wants a cause we can believe in, they're more than welcome to protest the chipped beef with potatos that was served at work on Tuesday.[/color][/font][/size]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]You know what? If you do 'sea kittie' patties with a cookie cutter like that, it'll look like you're taking a bite out of Luna. More likely than not Sailor Moon will come and punish you- or sit down and eat depending on how hungry she is.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'll confess right now that I've only ever really watched the Abridged Series, but my understanding of Serena's character leads me to believe that she'd probably eat it, then actually cook the real Luna.

In other words: Sailor Moon says PeTA is stupid! Teehee![/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Usagi would snarf every single one of them herself ChibiHorsewoman. After first squeeing over how cute they are. lol

Anyway, I see this as.. [I]welcome to the stupidity known as PETA![/I] campaign. Though they seem to have snagged Gavin just fine. =P

Seriously though, names are meaningless. Point is, if it's tasty... we tend to eat it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...