OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Also if this post counter for this thread is accurate, chibi is had thrice roughly thrice the number of random thoughts compared to the rest of us. Only double Al's though which makes sense I suppose.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Rach pointed that out a few pages ago, silly gosling!

YET ANOTHER RANDOM THOUGHT: I like the word "quirk". It is a lovely way to use a 'q', I believe! Not to mention I feel a special attachment to the word, as I have many quirks!

Literally 25% of my science class was out sick today. Apparently, roughly half of the student body is sick with some sort of flu bug. That means that every teacher is going crazy with the Lysol wipes, even though they are not school issued! 'Tis a rarity, teachers demanding the usage of their precious wipes! I am frightened...

[FONT=Calibri]From my anonymous friend on Facebook:

[INDENT][I]Good news: The Baucus Bill is online for public review. Bad news: One would have to read and comprehend 20 pages per hour for the entire 72-hour review period in order to get through this thing before the vote.[/I][/INDENT]

Thank you, Congress. Thank you.

(For those who don't care to do the math, that is over one-thousand and four hundred pages.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]From my anonymous friend on Facebook:

[INDENT][I]Good news: The Baucus Bill is online for public review. Bad news: One would have to read and comprehend 20 pages per hour for the entire 72-hour review period in order to get through this thing before the vote.[/I][/INDENT]

Thank you, Congress. Thank you.

(For those who don't care to do the math, that is over one-thousand and four hundred pages.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I mean really I don't think it'd be too hard to find a summary of it online. [/font]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Resistance to considering you a mascot of sorts? Don't be silly. :D[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Which brings the question of what the Chibi-Mascot-Symbol would look like... I will do some work on photoshop tonight...(though I suck with technology):animeswea

I've been watching a lot of episodes of the Sailor Moon Signature Series since I bought 3 volumes of it... Magical Girl anime kills my brain cells... But I'm about to see Chibiusa, so I guess I'm a little excited...

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms'] I mean really I don't think it'd be too hard to find a summary of it online. [/font][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]It's Congress. Do you really think that if the summary was enough they would have spent the effort to construct ten gross of pages, and not saved themselves the trouble?

I'm sorry, hun, but knowing the [I]gist[/I] of the bill isn't enough when one's watching for a myriad ways someone can piggypack their own agenda onto it.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]It's Congress. Do you really think that if the summary was enough they would have spent the effort to construct ten gross of pages, and not saved themselves the trouble?

I'm sorry, hun, but knowing the [I]gist[/I] of the bill isn't enough when one's watching for a myriad ways someone can piggypack their own agenda onto it.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I'm not talking about a summary from the government, I'm talking about news sources.

And if someone is really that intent about finding out piggybacking representatives, suck it up and read it.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms'] I'm not talking about a summary from the government, I'm talking about news sources.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Hang on, lemme wrap my mind around this. You want to depend on getting crucial information in an intelligent, citizen-minded dissemination, from today's news sources?

lol[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]^You're probably correct. =P Though I haven't watched it so I wouldn't know.

I did watch some stuff on one of those cop shows where they have footage from real events. One of them was some guy in a truck driving like he was drunk and wouldn't get out even when the truck finally stopped. Turns out that not only was he drunk, but other than some boots, he was completely naked. [/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Hang on, lemme wrap my mind around this. You want to depend on getting crucial information in an intelligent, citizen-minded dissemination, from today's news sources?

lol[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Aaryanna']:blulaugh:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Wow, pretentious much?

I mean, god forbid that citizens don't have time to read through thousands of pages of primary sources to understand what's going on in the world. Yeah, really, darn Congress for not making their bill-making process easy for the common person to read/understand.

And yes, please fire back at me about how ****** Fox news is and how CNN gets wrapped up in sensationalism.

I believe it is perfectly fine for someone to form an opinion over political events by reading multiple sources they respect. Blast me if you want, but I like [b]The Economist[/b] and the [b]New York Times[/b]. I tend to agree with what their editorials say and how they present their information.

So excuse me for scoffing over the fact that you're getting annoyed at Congress for making their bill too long. Maybe you should try sitting in there getting **** done sometime.

And Aaryana, until you start getting all your news from primary sources, don't scorn news sources, or don't laugh at me for suggesting that people use news sources to inform themselves. The fact is, even if you could use all primary sources to inform yourself, you'd never do it due to time and resources. If you're going to dismiss all news sources as illegitimate, you might as well stop reading any article or newspaper. [/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]My roommate & I were up late last night talking about scary movies until we were too scared to go to sleep. She was telling me about how she wanted to see Paranormal Activity but that she wouldn't because it would scare her too much.

But then tonight she told me that her fiancee wants to see it with a group of people but that she wouldn't unless I came with her.

So yeah, we're going on Saturday, & I'm nervous. I love scary movies, but omg they... scare me. Whodathunkit, right?

& also lol to what was said about news stations.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

...Tense atmosphere much? Geez, calm down. It's a freaking bill. People will read it or people will not. No need to get so defensive and snarky about how some people choose to have information presented to them(this applies to both parties). Although I may not know where I'm coming from... I have no interest in even reading so much as a SUMMARY of a bill. Psh. I'm moving to the U.K. first chance I get in my adult life! I'm tired of all the crappy political problems of the U.S.!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So I've been watching [B]The Weekenders[/B] again lately. That show is great. It's like [B]How I Met Your Mother[/B], but kid-friendly. Such witty banter and all the main characters are twelve.

Also, the best part about Al baiting people is when they bite.

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm moving to the U.K. first chance I get in my adult life! I'm tired of all the crappy political problems of the U.S.![/quote]

Politics are universal. You may be able to escape certain stupid problems, but that doesn't mean more won't pop up in their place. About the only place you can escape political issues is the Moon. And that still leaves you with the oxygen issue.[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='chibi-master']...Tense atmosphere much? Geez, calm down. It's a freaking bill. People will read it or people will not. No need to get so defensive and snarky about how some people choose to have information presented to them(this applies to both parties). Although I may not know where I'm coming from... I have no interest in even reading so much as a SUMMARY of a bill. Psh. I'm moving to the U.K. first chance I get in my adult life! I'm tired of all the crappy political problems of the U.S.![/quote]I'd listen to Ace since you can't escape it, and going to the moon is no answer either. Just sit back and watch the show of people rising to the bait. =P After all, god forbid Congress actually put something out for a week or two so the common person can have it long enough to use it to verify what those 'legit' news sources post. You know, to make sure they understand the issue better.

But it's more fun to rush it so people don't have time to find the problems and object until it's too late and thus a royal pain in the *** to undo. That governmental mentality just makes me laugh. [/FONT]