Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT=Arial]Since you haven't been a member of TheOtaku for 30 days yet, you cannot access the Community Chat feature. According to your join date, you should be able to get into it starting the last week of April.

Hope that helps! (^_^)[/FONT]
Posted
[FONT=Arial]Oops. I misread the date. :p

Other than that, if you can't get in it's probably something to do with your local connection. The chat service is very finicky about connections a lot of times; I can't get access to it when I'm downloading anything, and I spent a good deal of time unable to even access the system when it was first released.

If the box doesn't load, there's not much you can do.

Other than that, you'll have to tell us what exactly you're having trouble with, because just saying you need help isn't very specific. :([/FONT]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]If you're having trouble accessing chat, make sure JavaScript and cookies are allowed in your browser. If you have it set to only allow whitelisted sites to set cookies, make sure that 207.58.181.125 is allowed. (That's the IP address for the chat.) Likewise, if you use any script blockers, like the NoScript add-on for Firefox, make sure the IP is allowed in those.

If none of that is the problem, there may not be anything that can be done. Like Allamorph mentioned, some people have trouble connecting to the chat for whatever reason. You can try running a [url=http://dns-tools.domaintools.com/?q=207.58.181.125&m=traceroute][u]traceroute[/u][/url] to the chat IP to see if the connection is getting hung up somewhere.[/color]
Posted
Yeah, I can't get in either, but thats because i'm using a Wii, and Wii's, or actually more like Opera operating systems don't support Adobe. That sucks, 'cause I was alloud to use chat tne first of April. So with that, is there an Adobe free chat room?
Posted
[quote name='Botar15']Yeah, I can't get in either, but thats because i'm using a Wii, and Wii's, or actually more like Opera operating systems don't support Adobe. That sucks, 'cause I was alloud to use chat tne first of April. So with that, is there an Adobe free chat room?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]No, there is not. What you see is what you get.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]Just to clarify, theOtaku's chat does not rely on any sort of Adobe product (though for the record, Opera, which is the browser Wii uses, does support Flash - Adobe's primary web product). The Wii browser does support Javascript and I believe it may take cookies though I'm not positive on the latter. However, trying to get into the chat on the Wii browser wouldn't be too helpful anyway unless you have a keyboard plugged in. I'd suggest trying it from a normal computer.
[/COLOR]
Posted
Wii has cookies, (also has the ability to delete cookies) and I have a key board hooked up. But I do need to get the money to get a new computer, (Messed mine up by working on it to much.) 'Cause the Wii pisses me off a little. Thanks guys for the help.
  • 5 months later...
Posted
Hey guys... can anybody tell me how to switch what picture links say so that it does not just show a dumb loooking http adress... also... im currently only using photobbucket and tiny pics for image hosting... if anyone knows a better free site i would be very greatfull.
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I'm not sure what you mean, regarding the links. Taking a look at the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode][u]vB Code List[/u][/url] page might help, though. It explains how to use all of the available bb tags.

As for free image hosts, I use ImageShack.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...