OtakuBoards

Movie scenes that make you go WTF!?

Drizzt Do'urden

I was watching [B]Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring[/B] and though I've seen it a couple times I've never paid much attention to a specific part.

[spoiler]Towards the end, when Sam (the fat hobbit) is chasing Frodo. He runs into the river, though Frodo is shouting about how he can't swim.

Well as Sam goes underwater, which is crystal clear, he goes from being able to stand to being completly submerged. As it shows him sink deaper and deaper, there is no ground at all behind him. No place for him to have been standing on in the first place. [/spoiler]

Now this is only one example of a piece in a movie that has made me go "WTF!? Can they seriously be that idiotic that they don't realize that people won't notice?"

So my question is what sort've memorable pieces in movies have made you say "WTF!?"

[B]Edit: [/B]Thanks for the heads up Korey, I wasn't even thinking

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"](Note: You should probably put some spoiler tags on your posts, Drizzt)

This was pretty recent.

[spoiler]In Fast and Furious, they blew up Vin Diesel's Charger when he jumped out of it in a narrow tunnel into the car next to him. It explodes and gets buried in rubble underneath a mountain.

Now, in the end scene of the movie where Vin Diesel is on a prison Bus headed to his prison, you see Paul Walker DRIVING THAT VERY SAME CHARGER. I literally jumped up in my seat and said:

"THEY BLEW UP THE CHARGER!"[/spoiler][/FONT]

[color=crimson]First thing in my mind, Cloverfield:

[spoiler]I am not a medical expert, but Beth was impaled through the chest with a steel bar. The characters proceed to lift Beth up, ripping the steel bar out of her chest, and wrap the wound in a makeshift dressing. For the rest of the movie, Beth is running and gunning better than anyone else with no obvious impediment from the puncture wound in her chest - not even a little pain or bleeding.

I remember watching this in theaters. I see Beth impaled through the chest and I'm sitting there waiting for a tearful "oh man, the girl I like is going to die in front of me" scene but, instead, they just rip her off of the damn thing and keep on truckin'.[/color][/spoiler]

[size=1][font=tahoma]I have found a lot of little movie bloopers that I found interesting...

Charlie's Angels : [spoiler]When the Angels are fighting the "Creepy Thin Man," right before Drew Barrymore lifts up Lucy Liu to spin her around and kick the thin man, to get Lucy's attention, Drew hollers out "Lucy!" even though Lucy Liu's character's name is "Alex."[/spoiler]

Pirates of Carribean/Black Pearl : [spoiler]Just as Jack says, "On deck, you scabrous dogs," to the very left edge of the screen over Jack's shoulder is a grip crew member with a tan cowboy hat, white short sleeve tee shirt and sunglasses, just standing there looking out to sea.[/spoiler]

Wizard of Oz : [spoiler]In the beginning while Dorothy is still on the farm, she walks along the pig pen fence and then falls in. When Bert Lahr picks her up out of there her dress is perfectly clean.[/spoiler]

Harry Potter : [spoiler]At the start of term feast, after Harry is sorted into Gryffindor, he sits down on the right side of the table next to Ron. When the feast appears, Harry is on the other side of the table, next to Hermione[/spoiler]

Mr & Mrs Smith : [spoiler]The movie is supposed to take place in and around New York City, however during the car chase where Angelina and Brad are fighting off the three BMW's, a wide shot clearly shows a street sign announcing Los Angeles[/spoiler]

I love these things. Good fun <3 [/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Drizzt Do'urden]I was watching [B]Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring[/B] and though I've seen it a couple times I've never paid much attention to a specific part.

[spoiler]Towards the end, when Sam (the fat hobbit) is chasing Frodo. He runs into the river, though Frodo is shouting about how he can't swim.

Well as Sam goes underwater, which is crystal clear, he goes from being able to stand to being completly submerged. As it shows him sink deaper and deaper, there is no ground at all behind him. No place for him to have been standing on in the first place. [/spoiler]

Now this is only one example of a piece in a movie that has made me go "WTF!? Can they seriously be that idiotic that they don't realize that people won't notice?"[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]That scene bothered me for a while after I first saw it. But I attribute it to two things.

[spoiler]First, the river leading up to Rauros Falls is a very old, very deep river, and most likely very fast at the bottom. Given time (Tolkien supplies more than enough of that), I suspect the river might have worn itself a trough in the center, and Sam might have fallen off of the shelf and into it. But this is only a surmise.

The second item is to remember that Sam cannot swim. And to a person who cannot swim, simply being submerged is terrifying enough, because all you can do is sink. It doesn't matter how far away the surface is because you can't get there, or how far away the bottom is because you're panicking about how to get back up and breathe. So from a distorted-perception standpoint, it makes more sense.[/spoiler]

The scene in [B]Matrix: Reloaded[/B] where [spoiler]Neo pulls Morpheus and the Keymaker off the exploding 18-wheelers. Neo is animated so that he's almost undulating like a whale.[/spoiler]

Although I highly doubt I need tags for the freaking Matrix. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']I was watching [B]Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring[/B] and though I've seen it a couple times I've never paid much attention to a specific part.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden'] "WTF!? Can they seriously be that idiotic that they don't realize that people won't notice?" [/QUOTE]

[size=1]... Apparently they can get away with that fairly well until a certain extent.

I still can't get over the bit in the Colosseum in 'Gladiator' [spoiler]during the reenactment of the battle of Carthage, where one of the women of the African legion gets split in two and she strikes the lamest pose ever. Plus, as one of the carts rolls over, you see a gas canister at the cart's bottom.[/spoiler][/size]