OtakuBoards

Pick-up Lines (the good, the bad and the... well)

Vicky

[size=1]For those of you who do occasionally participate in the social functions of dating and going out looking for that perfect someone (or the perfect someone for the night), how would you get them? Or you know, post some hilarious joke ones. But real life ones are probably funnier.

I just thought this thread would be good fun. There's so many funny lines you can use or find in joke books and I'm sure there's those special little lines that work all the time.

[Slight use of language ahead folks]

Funny thing. The other night I was talking to a lovely gay man in the toilets of a club and he bought me a drink. He spotted quite an older lady who I didn't really find attractive and he says "I'll buy you another drink if you go up to her and say 'fancy a shag?'". So I did.

I didn't get slapped but I ended up with her number and she won't leave me alone. So it's safe to say, at least for me, that 'fancy a shag?' works. Or the slight alternative I used for a smoker, 'fancy a *** or a shag?'. You'll either get somewhere or at least get a laugh out of them.

I also go up to people with a massive grin and ask if I can flirt with them. That normally works. And my last girlfriend I got by saying "I think we should make that girl over there jealous 'cause she keeps lookin' at me."

I don't normally use pick-up lines or remember what I do, most of the time it's for a dare or a joke. But one time I did actually get hit - [i]hard[/i] - for asking a girl if she was free tonight or if it would cost me.

Lol.

I do want to try one thing though. Printing off business cards that say 'smile if you want to get with me' and hand them to everyone. Hahaha. For laughs, nothing more.[/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Hehehe pick up lines. :animesmil

I told my ex husband that I believed that we couldn't be together because we'd end up killing eachother, care to prove me wrong? Oddly enough I was kind of right. We didn't stay together. BUt don't worry his proposal was worse.

My current boyfriend- Oh lord do you even want to know? Okay I'll spill. I told him, hey I had a dream of you last night. It was quite good, would you care to make it a reality? Maybe it was better or worse than that, but anyway it worked, we've been together over two years.

I can't think of any more good ones.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#9933cc]I know a guy who uses this one on every girl he sees (that he likes): "Hey, am I better looking than your boyfriend? If so, give me a call" and he gives the girl his number.

I thought it was hilarious.

I've never used any pick-up lines, myself. *frowns*[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Happily I can say I've never had to rely on pick-up lines, I find genuine conversation with genuine interest and compliments work far better. That said I've heard some truly awful ones from semi-drunk friends while in the time-honoured role of wingman, a few choice ones follow:

[B]"You know, you look just like my next girlfriend."[/B]

[B]"Can I borrow your phone ? I told my mother I'd call her when I found the girl of my dreams."
[/B]
[B]"I'm sorry, I dropped my number back there can I yours ?"[/B]

And the single worst pick-up line I've ever heard:

[B]"How about we go halves on a baby ?" [/B][/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]And the single worst pick-up line I've ever heard:

[B]"How about we go halves on a baby ?" [/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]The saddest thing is I could hear my boyfriend using that one.

How about: I love kids, want to have one with me?[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Okay, *cracks knuckles* here goes!
[B]
"Hey, the word of the day is 'legs.' Let's go back to your place and spread the word."

"Hey my name is Tom, remember that because you'll be screaming it later."

"Hey do you have ay Irish in you?"
"No."
"You want some?"

"Hey are you into nature and role-playing? If so, I'll be the hunter and you be the beaver."[/B]

And in the words of my friend Nick,

[B]"Can I poop on your chest?" [/B]
No seriously, he asks me this in English class all the time![/FONT]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]I do want to try one thing though. Printing off business cards that say 'smile if you want to get with me' and hand them to everyone. Hahaha. For laughs, nothing more.[/size][/QUOTE][FONT="verdana"][SIZE="1"]Oh WOW. The infamous date card! Yes, trust me i've seen guys make these and hand them out to every girl in the mall.Very entertaining. Especially since they usually end up in the trash can lol I've got like 30 in one day once it was rididculous.

I don't know much pick up lines, but the ones that are actually amusing and are not lame (like the legs one or nice shoes wanna ****?) are cool to read. I guess I can post some...

[b]I?m a thief, and I?m here to steal your heart.[/b]

[b]I?ve heard sex is a killer. Want to die happy?[/b]

[b]Can I read your T shirt in brail?[/b]

[b]Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants.[/b]

[b]I have Skittles in my mouth, wanna taste the rainbow?[/b]

[b]What has 142 teeth and holds back the incredible hulk? My zipper.[/b]

[b]If you were a new sandwich at Mcdonalds, you?de be called McGorgeous.[/b]

[b]Do you work at subway??? because you just gave me a footlong!!![/b]

[b]Do you like Bacon? Wanna strip??[/b]

Yah so basically all of these...funny. But would never work. Hahaha. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][FONT="verdana"][SIZE="1"]

I don't know much pick up lines, but the ones that are actually amusing and are not lame (like the legs one or nice shoes wanna ****?) are cool to read. I guess I can post some... [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Nothing compares to the lines I used to win you over, though, Pumpkin, my love ;] Haha.[/size]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior'][size=1]Nothing compares to the lines I used to win you over, though, Pumpkin, my love ;] Haha.[/size][/QUOTE][FONT="Times New Roman"]Haha, of course! Especially the lines about necrophilia and tater sauce. Yes, that always sets me in a romantic mood. :animeblus[/FONT]