OtakuBoards

"I Don't Know Anything About Cars"

Raiha

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I recall seeing a post somewhere where Gavin said he was in league with Basement Cat. So pledging that is the same as offering up your soul. o_O So you're still in trouble.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Impossible. OtakuBoards already ownes my pathetic little soul. No silly little demonic cat (no offense, Allamorph) can wrench it from its grasp.

[FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I believe the sentiment was that the cars currently being produced by GM are of a quality and strain that does not quite match up to the foreign models that function better for cheaper with less issues.

If your friend's cars were bought a few years ago or more, they probably don't have the same issues they have now. A friend bought one of their SUVs and had to practically give it back. Lemon.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Ah, okay. As for my friends, that would be true, most of them were bought within the past five years, only one was within the last year. He hasn't had any issues yet, but that could change. ^^[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Not even if I pledge eternal loyalty and servitude to the Gavin Corporation?:confused:[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]Perhaps you may be spared if you prove loyal.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I recall seeing a post somewhere where Gavin said he was in league with Basement Cat. So pledging that is the same as offering up your soul. o_O So you're still in trouble. [/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Now, now. I believe you'll find if you swear unwavering loyalty to me I'm a far more humane master than Al. Yes, I'm prone to yelling "[I]You fool!! You have failed me for the last time.[/I]" and then shooting my minions for their failures but I feel this is merely a reflection of the high standards I expect my lackeys, I mean employees to follow. Any rumours that I meet Basement Cat twice weekly to enjoy a brunch of freshly harvested souls with Bill Gates and Satan are purely fictitious...Now if you'll excuse me I'm in need of a snack. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
Now, now. I believe you'll find if you swear unwavering loyalty to me I'm a far more humane master than Al. Yes, I'm prone to yelling "[I]You fool!! You have failed me for the last time.[/I]" and then shooting my minions for their failures but I feel this is merely a reflection of the high standards I expect my lackeys, I mean employees to follow. Any rumours that I meet Basement Cat twice weekly to enjoy a brunch of freshly harvested souls with Bill Gates and Satan are purely fictitious...Now if you'll excuse me I'm in need of a snack. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Gavin, how you come up with these totally bad-a** lines I will never know. But I wish I did.

Anyway, I'm not to worried about this subject, since it won't affect me much. I'm not getting a new car or anything, I'm going to drive the awesome banged up looking Jeep in my backyard to school and whatnot.

[quote name='chibi-master']Gavin, how you come up with these totally bad-a** lines I will never know. But I wish I did.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm just the right kind of jerk to give away Gavin's secret.

[spoiler]Watch Star Wars[/spoiler][/FONT]

[font= franklin gothic medium] What's really interesting is that domestic car parts themselves are assembled in other countries and then shipped to the factories in the US. I've read enough of those window dealies at dealerships to know my Ford was built "Ford tough" but the tough parts are made in Mexico.

But the reason why GM (and the auto industry) isn't doing so hot is due to poor buisness practices. Even before the economic downturn, the auto industry was pushing more "luxury" type vehicles than practical cars that were beneficial to the economy. Now, GM struggled the most because of how many different brands they own. Thier car models were pricy and in some cases almost identical. The Hummer H2, Yukon Denali, and Cadillac Escalade were all built on the same chassis. Before GM received their bailout, they were questioned about this. To which the government got a lollipop answer.

Doesn't help when the execs are corrupt, either.[/font]

[FONT="Arial"]If anything, the comments about lack of quality and corruption, only indicate the need for someone with strong business skills and a lack of car expertise. Someone like that won't be shackled or inclined to stick with auto industry norms since clearly, those have failed. So instead of being alarmed that he has no knowledge of cars, I think it's better that way.[/FONT]