Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I think the longest I've gone is a few days without sleep. The last time, it was because I was sick and I had a headache that kept me from falling asleep. The rest of the time, I tend to sleep about six hours and then I'm good to go. Sometimes I'll sleep around eight, like on the weekends, but the rest of the time, I'm too used to waking up after that six hours is up. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
I think my record is roughly around the 36 hour mark. Despite the numerous screwed up sleeping schedules I've had in life, I've always managed to somehow squeeze in a couple of hours before or around that point, so I've never really went any longer continuously. I could actively try for longer, but I don't think my body or my mind would particuarly appreciate that little course of action.
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]So why am I the first person here making a "Welcome back Warlock" post ? Kids these days, they got no respect...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Ssssh, you'll blow my cover. ;)

But yes, you're right. Where's the parade and the marching band and the streamers? I guess that's the problem with waiting too long to make your triumphant return; no one remembers who you are.
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]My standing record is just over a week, although I barely remember it, as I was much, much younger at the time (I only know it went that long due to family testimony). Some crap had happened and my little step-sisters were being paranoid, so I apparently decided that the big brother route to take was to just not bother sleeping so they could feel like someone was there at all times, just in case. In recent memory, my best is 4 days, and that was literally just because I could.

Not sure I could even do the 4 days now, as that was still in high school, and I have issues staying awake if I go past 24 hours awake now. Thankfully, I still only require 5-6 hours of sleep.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Who knew that reading some 273 pages of 400-something page book and then blasting my eyes with the intensely birght light of a laptop screen could make me feel so tired. Seriously, my eyes feel like they're about to bleed and I'm pretty sure I'm foaming from the mouth a little. Although, I'm sure that exhausting yardwork I did today is not helping much. Or the fact that I'm so stressed out about not being able to catch the effing Entei in my pokemon ranger game (the older one)... STUPIDFARNJHYTDURFLUGTYDRSERSELIWASSOCLOOOSE!!! I DO NOT RECALL THERE BEING A RING OF DANCING FLAMES AROUND THE CRITTER [B]NOR[/B] DO I RECALL IT BEING ABLE TO CREATE BIG-A** FLAMEY SHOOTY THINGS AT RANDOM ON THE SCREEEEEN!!!!!!!:mad:
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I've been awake for nine days straight.


I've been talking to the lamp for the past three hours.





He's a cocky bastard.











[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]I'm anxious to see how many all-nighters I pull this semester.

Woo Graphic Design and ridiculous deadlines.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Well, there was this time when I was younger and my mom was trying win a car from the local radio station. They basically had to stand non-stop with at least one hand on the car. every couple of hours, they got a 10 minute break so it pretty much left no time for sleep.

I decided that I would stay up with my mom just to give her moral support... I lasted for just over 4 days... And I wouldn't have even made it that long if it weren't for the energy drinks I had. (Unfortunately for Mom, she wasn't permitted energy drinks)

But other than that one time, I think I've stayed up close to 72 hours... It was mostly school related, but from time to time, I'll have a burst of creativity and I literally can't sleep for a couple of nights until I get everything out onto paper or computer...
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I think my record is a few days and only when I'm sick and don't feel good. Otherwise, I tend to be a creature of habit and sleep regularly. I feel out of sorts if I don't. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Kimmeh'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=Green]I'm anxious to see how many all-nighters I pull this semester.

Woo Graphic Design and ridiculous deadlines.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote] ALL NIGHT GRAPHIC DESIGNIN', AWWW YEEEEAAH. I've had no life so far this semester because of graphics.
Posted
[size=1]So I'm pulling an all nighter right now simply because I should go to bed on time tomorrow night.

Watch it not happen.

And I think it is hilarious that it took me three tries to spell 'happen.' Oh joy.[/size]
Posted
Last night I was up so late that if I sat up my head would spin. If I tried to stand up, I'd fall over with my eyes trying to roll into the back of my skull. At that point I sort of wondered if someone at the Minute Maid factory had tampered with the cans of frozen lemonade and put alcohol or something in there, seeing as I had a large glass of it...:animedepr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...