OtakuBoards

The Nerdiest Thing You've Ever Done

Nony

Okay, I must say this: Considering the site we're posting in, claiming things anime or gaming related as the nerdiest things you've ever done is kind of like walking into a dog show and saying you've got a pink poodle - and you see blue, yellow, and red poodles here and there, amongst other dogs of various styles. I know you all can be nerdier than that, my fine friends! But seriously, the nerdiest [i]anime or gaming[/i] thing I've ever done was pay over $300 for the [i]Evangelion Perfect Edition[/i] Boxset. (This was years ago, when the market was cashing in on the sudden rise in popularity of anime.) Nowadays, you could get 6 to 8 slimpack boxsets for that price. Heck, nowadays, I'd probably spend that loot on books about paradoxes or relativism or something along those lines. Nevertheless, that was my finest otaku hour. Edited by Pleiades Rising

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James' date='26 July 2010 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1280185169' post='697950']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think the nerdiest thing I've ever done is buy a Virtual Boy (I could understand buying one new, but buying one fifteen years later? And in a country it was never released in? Ugh). Even I can hardly stand the nerdiness of that.[/font]
[/quote]

That.... is pretty nerdy James :D

[quote name='chibi-master' date='27 July 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1280194961' post='697958']
I once got my entire Latin class to holler out the entire Pokemon first season theme song... :blink:
[/quote]

It's become part of my band's standard routine.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='27 July 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1280227213' post='697999']
It's become part of my band's standard routine.
[/quote]
i sing it with the people at my local cold stone whenever i get something.