OtakuBoards

The Nerdiest Thing You've Ever Done

Nony

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]When I was in high school I used to do a Sailor Moon RPG over the phone with my friend which included our OCs, the original senshi and various voices.

I am obsessed with history and will talk about parts of history better left to Jeopardy contestant with whomever is around.

My friends and I are in our late twenties and have inner fangirl names and fight over who gets to claim Tamaki, Ed Elric and Roy Mustang

I named my second car Duo Chan because I was obsessed with Gundam wing.

I used to voice over the DiC dubs of Sailor Moon waking up my college roommates.

Oh yeah and now I voice over the 4Kids WInx Club dub because the lines are horrid.

And this is my second Anime messageboard- my first was Trouble Makers and All Things Naughty back in college.[/color][/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
In the Philippines we have a naming system wherein my Mother's maiden name becomes my middle name.

My name is ______ Chan _______

My handwriting script has an 'r' that looks like an 'n'

I've been signing contracts as CHAR for almost a year now.

"That ghostlightning HE IS CHAR"

[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]Firstly, to be nerdy, I'd just like to push my thick rimmed glasses up my spotty nose and hoist up my pants and say I was in a thread a while back that contended the definition of 'nerdy' and we didn't reach a verdict. But after some deliberation I think it's a lot nerdier to do odd geeky stuff that is unecessary (refer to example A, this post) and all that stuff you guys are talking about with the spaceships and the anime and the hoyvenglayven(sp.) My full time science degree would be considered by nearly everyone I know (including those doing it with me!) to be exceptionally nerdy, and I hear about it all the time when people call me up at two am on a friday or saturday night to find that I'm at home writing up a lab report. Sometimes people make me feel not so good about what they consider nerdy. I contest that this science degree is necessary, and useful, and therefore does not fall under the category of nerdy, perhaps geeky. You may input your opinion on this point if you so desire.

So to bring this long winded and exceptionally nerdy post to a denouement, as it were, (hoicks pants up again) whenever I don't feel very good for people calling me nerdy I just get on here and read about what you guys have been up to. Yes I'm the nerdiest person I know, but only in real life. On here, I'm almost a jock.

And now for a PS if you'd be so kind: Not that I'd ever feel bad about being called nerdy, it's a thing to be proud of.

And technically it is incorrect to include a post post transcript, so I shall call this one an addendum: May I also remind you that I have a diagram from a textbook tattooed on my god damned back.

And now one of you can claim a nerdy prize for reading ALL OF THIS POST. [/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='DerrickBo1']to keep it short, simple, and nerdy I thought Arial from the little mermaid was hot and yes i'm dealing with this insanity. :animeblus[/QUOTE][size=1]Ariel is pretty hot. Belle is better. I thought you were going to say that you thought the font "Arial" was named after her.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Ariel is pretty hot. Belle is better. I thought you were going to say that you thought the font "Arial" was named after her.[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Belle's main appeal is the fact that she frequently wears dresses that defy gravity in a way Star Trek women can only dream of.

Personally, I prefer Jasmine. I dunno why. I like her pants, I guess.[/FONT]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]I thought you were going to say that you thought the font "Arial" was named after her.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]And here I thought you were going to say "I thought you said the font 'Arial' was hot"...

Though you never know these days, man. >>[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Belle's main appeal is the fact that she frequently wears dresses that defy gravity in a way Star Trek women can only dream of.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]She has pretty brown hair and brown eyes, reads books and can handle a proper beast. [/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Guys, come on.

[i]Megara.[/i][/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hawt, but a real handful. Though probably a tiger during the biznizz.

But then again, Jessica Rabbit is owned by Disney too. [/size]

Simply the nerdiest thing I have ever done is openly and loudly played the Duel Monsters game from Yu-Gi-Oh in the schoolyard of my high school. A friend of mine and I got the crazy idea and then we just made it happen. It was just like the show....we called out our moves really loudly and had those crappy duel disks toys. We even had some friends cheer us on as if it were a real competition. I lost the duel but it was still fun to make a fool of myself for the sake of laughter.

• 10 months later...
Simple: I bought a dictionary of Mathematics . . . because I wanted it! That's right, it wasn't for a course or anything like that, but I just thought that I could sharpen up some mathematical concepts. (I also own a couple of books on Formal Logic, often considered a branch of mathematics.) Owning an insane number of anime related stuff is nerdy, folks, but not as nerdy as this helpful definition: [b]

Aleph-null: [/b]The smallest infinite cardinal number. The cardinality of any set which can be put in one-to-one correspondence with the set of natural numbers. Such sets are said to be countable" or denumerable. . . .

[quote name='Humaru' date='14 September 2009 - 08:48 AM' timestamp='1252943280' post='684186']
Simply the nerdiest thing I have ever done is openly and loudly played the Duel Monsters game from Yu-Gi-Oh in the schoolyard of my high school. A friend of mine and I got the crazy idea and then we just made it happen. It was just like the show....we called out our moves really loudly and had those crappy duel disks toys. We even had some friends cheer us on as if it were a real competition. I lost the duel but it was still fun to make a fool of myself for the sake of laughter.
[/quote]
i wish i would have done that! i probably had the same kind of duel disk.
i did play at school before but that was in the company of many other nerdy people. my nerdiest moment may have been massacring my family at star wars trivial pursuit. I only remember missing one question, and that one i got wrong because when they showed a picture of a space ship i called it a Nebulan-B frigate instead of an alliance frigate. so i missed a question because i knew too much about a fictitious ship.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think the nerdiest thing I've ever done is buy a Virtual Boy (I could understand buying one new, but buying one fifteen years later? And in a country it was never released in? Ugh). Even I can hardly stand the nerdiness of that.[/font]

I once got my entire Latin class to holler out the entire Pokemon first season theme song... :blink: We were all off key, and the hall monitor came in to yell at us even though the teacher was singing as well. Who knew so many people knew the entire song and yet none of them could sing it well?