OtakuBoards

The Nerdiest Thing You've Ever Done

Nony

For the purposes of this thread, let's assume we've all done some nerdy things. Doesn't matter if it was related to typical nerdities, as long as it was damn nerdy of ya to think or do so then it definitely counts. Therefore, feel free to share the nerdiest thing you've ever done... so far.

In my case, I'd have to say it's the fact that I've spent over $2,000 on .hack over the past three years. Yeeeeah. I could make a list about how that all gets distributed, but unless you really want to know you don't need to know. Just know that it is quite nerdy, and honestly amazing of a girl who only gets cash through an allowance (that her parents still kindly allot to her).
The runner-up to my nerdiest act would be the fact that I've saved and kept over 4,000 images of one character. And a [i]lot[/i] of those are fanarts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own every book in the Fruits Basket series, cat book, sticker book, spoiler book and all 4 discs of the anime. AND a Shigure Sohma plusie that I have said good-night to and then kissed every night since 6th grade. And I'm going to be a freshman this year. That last part should be enough to win me the nerd trophy.

By the way, you can see Shigure in pretty much all the pictures I've ever posted of my self here.:animeswea

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]EDIT: Oh yeah, and I apparently married a fictional 23 year old half-elf teacher.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I married a 35-year-old sarcastic colonel that has/had a reputation of harvesting corpses for battle.

I win.

Anyhow, outside of my collection of video games that costs maybe half of your disturbing amount for your .hack collection, I once went into a Dollar General and bought everything and anything Pokemon related that I saw...mainly coloring books and stuff. Though there was a giant Pokemon puzzle that I bought, and it sits under my bed to this very day. XD But yeah, I was about 11/12 at the time.

Then came my freakish obsession with Sephiroth, and I printed...a crapton of pics of him and stuffed it in a folder. ._. I think I still have that under my bed, too...or in my closet. I need to find it and burn it. >_>;

And THEN a few years later, I became obsessed with Fullmetal Alchemist...I bought three out of four games that came out in the US [well, two of them were presents], got a ton of the DVDs [one of which is autographed by Vic Mignogna himself :3], uhmm...have calendars from 2007 and 2008 [I think those are the years anyway], the manga up to volume 11, keychains, VHS recordings...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a Roy Mustang blankie. 'tis very fuzzy.

...and I dunno how much that totals up to, nor do I wanna know.

...AND THEN we have the aforementioned colonel, but that's enough humiliation for now. >>[/SIZE]

Lets see...There was the time I spent over 50 something dollars to buy the novelization of Jim Henson Labyrinth. Well worth the money. I still have the book sitting all pretty on my bookcase in plastic. I own two complete sets of Harry Potter books. Both sets are first additions.

I do have a music obsession. I have collected all of Billy Idol albums including when he was in Generation X. Other bands I've collected all the cds to would be HIM, Marilyn Manson, and The 69 Eyes to date. I've got The 69 Eyes Back In Blood pre-ordered for September. Currently working on collecting all Wednesday 13 albums. If you were to put my whole music collection together there would be a couple thousand worth.

Yes, a music nerd and book nerd what I be.

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Green"]Bleach. Okay so lets total this stuff.

I have...

[LIST]
[*]9 posters of Bleach related characters on my bedroom walls (3 of which portray Grimmjow).
[*]All volumes of the manga (that's 27, if you don't know).
[*]An Ikkaku, Urahara Kisuke, and Grimmjow plushie. The Ikkaku plushie always seems to end up in my hands by the time I wake up. -cough-
[*]Grimmjow pillow (and no I don't sleep on it... >>)
[*]Grimmjow's sword PANTERA. I worship that thing. And yes, it's real. Sharpened and everything.
[*]I own the character biography and artbooks.
[*]My messenger bag (aka my 'purse') is a Bleach bag. Renji, Byakuya, and Hitsugaya are on the front of it.
[*]On that said bag I have three pins for the same three characters.
[*]I have a pure gold badge for Squad 11. I never take it out of the case.
[*]I made an Ulquiorra doll for a project my senior year of High School. I had to carry him around like a baby for a week.
[/LIST]

Ya rly. :3 I could go on, but... *shot*
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT= Franklin Gothic Medium] I 've managed to collect almost every PS2 [b] Street Fighter[/b] game. I used to be big into [b] Magic: The Gathering[/b] and still have a rather large collection of cards in a box in my closet. I also have a bunch of football/ baseball cards that I could probably sell, but I'm lazy and don't want to look up card prices.[/FONT]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I signed up for OtakuBoards.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Green"]Oh yah, you ttly win. :3

But then again, we all have that problem don't we?[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I have been known to correctly identify what season an episode of TNG is in from the length of Warf's hair, the state of Riker's beard, and the sound or picture quality.

I have also been known to correctly name an episode of TNG within seconds using little more than opening shot of the Enterprise D in space.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Damn near life-long obsession with Star Wars that has lead me to spend probably thousands at this point on novels, games, comics, movies, clothing and other merchandise. Nerdiest thing I've done in relation to Star Wars directly is seeing ROTS three times on the release day, although I'm giving semi-serious consideration to either a set of Stormtrooper armour or Jedi robe and properly cast lightsaber hilt.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I have been known to correctly identify what season an episode of TNG is in from the length of Warf's hair, the state of Riker's beard, and the sound or picture quality.[/color][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Having misspelled the name of the son of Mogh I demand you commit [I]Hegh'Bat[/I] to retain your honour or be denied passage to [I]Sto-Vo-Kor[/I].[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]got a ton of the DVDs [one of which is autographed by Vic Mignogna himself :3][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Ahem...

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Monkey-chan/SakuraCon/VicMignogna-1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

:3

[img]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v198/118/89/543153284/n543153284_456275_3274.jpg[/img]

[color=crimson]Home made Jedi robes for girlfriend's little brother's Star Wars themed birthday party.[/color]

[img]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/118/89/543153284/n543153284_454650_2347.jpg[/img]

[color=crimson]Shih-Tzu's are good Jedis.[/color]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]You were saying, dear? :animesmil[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pfffffft, whatevs... Although that does further prove how cool Vig Mignogna really is. Seriously, the guy has CRAZY fans and he's still super nice.

BUT! I still have my [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Monkey-chan/SakuraCon/nazuka.jpg][b]Kaori Nazuka autograph[/b][/url], so nyeeeeeeh.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So there I am at Comic Con on two separate days. One is of me in my customized White Mage robes from FF Tactics with my friend as a quest giver from World of Warcraft.

And the other is of me with my favorite assassins and bounty hunters. Sadly there were no good Fett people to take pictures with at the actual convention, otherwise there would be pictures of me with them too. Probably being ravaged. Or is it ravished?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26662&d=1217614424[/IMG]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
Having misspelled the name of the son of Mogh I demand you commit [I]Hegh'Bat[/I] to retain your honour or be denied passage to [I]Sto-Vo-Kor[/I].[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hab SoSli' Quch.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Where to start...

It would have to be a toss up between dressing up as Light for NYAF two years ago, entering in the cosplay contest, and writing down one of the judge's suicide in my death note after naming me the winner of the contest. Though I did not win, I did con a free beef patty as a consolation prize thanks to that little stunt.

or

Wearing my moogle pom-pom hat to work last Halloween and wearing a name badge that read "Mog". Was still surprised my manager gave it the ok, but she got a laugh when a customer went up to her and complimented the service that Mog gave her.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I at one point in time had all four of my bed room walls covered in inuyasha and gundam wing. I had a Duo Maxwell Plushie, and I nick named all my best friends after the pilots, ALSO my brother and I used to go around the house and everytime we would bump into one another we would both yell out Ka Me Ha Me Ha. O.o;;; yeah... [/FONT][/COLOR]