OtakuBoards

Revenge.

chibi-master

So an ex of mine (we're still friends, though) sends me a picture a couple months ago with his arm around a girl and the message was, "Her name's Ashley, too!" I just sort of let it slide. But then he RE-sent and then later claimed he "forgot he'd sent it already". Yeah, right. So I have decided to extract revenge. At frst I thought I should find a cute guy and take a picture with him labeled, "His name's [so-and-so], too!" But then I decided to REALLY hurt him, I'm going to take a picture with a friend of mine, a GIRL, and send it saying, "Her name's Ashley, too!" Thus, emasculating him.:catgirl:

So, what was the worst revenge you have ever taken out on somebody?:animesmil

Heh, I've yet to really get revenge on anyone, although I claim I'm vengeful... Hehe. I just like the word. To be honest, if I ever sought out revenge on somebody I'm afraid I'd be in jail, especially the type of stuff that goes on in my head.

[quote name='Chibi']But then I decided to REALLY hurt him, I'm going to take a picture with a friend of mine, a GIRL, and send it saying, "Her name's Ashley, too!" Thus, emasculating him.[/quote]
Heh, I don't know anything about the guy, but if he's anything like the "typical" guy (at least I'm hearing that we're typical.) then I'm pretty certain he's not finding that hurtful... But then again... I am talking about a different age group here.

[quote name='Magus']Heh, I don't know anything about the guy, but if he's anything like the "typical" guy (at least I'm hearing that we're typical.) then I'm pretty certain he's not finding that hurtful... But then again... I am talking about a different age group here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about that, but I know him well enough to know that will give him the same pain as castrating him with a rusty dagger. I don't take any crap from guys, whether they're my friends or not.

Even though the feeling of getting revenge is somewhat satisfying at times, I don't find it the best action to take.

I was really good friends with this one person's mother way back when I was about your age, Chibi. The son was really mean to me so one day I decided to take revenge by stealing the boy's helmet. I did have an accomplice but that person backed out in the heat of the fire. I had to confront the mother by myself when she found out. I was really embarrassed and shamed. Revenge may feel satisfying at the time, but it will bite you back in the butt. I know it is hard, but try to find a more peaceful way to settle your differences.

[quote name='Japan_86']Even though the feeling of getting revenge is somewhat satisfying at times, I don't find it the best action to take.

I was really good friends with this one person's mother way back when I was about your age, Chibi. The son was really mean to me so one day I decided to take revenge by stealing the boy's helmet. I did have an accomplice but that person backed out in the heat of the fire. I had to confront the mother by myself when she found out. I was really embarrassed and shamed. Revenge may feel satisfying at the time, but it will bite you back in the butt. I know it is hard, but try to find a more peaceful way to settle your differences.[/QUOTE]

I really, really, really want to try to process and listen to this advice, but I just can't. I am a VERY vengeful person that can hold grudges for years. And that, coupled with the "Hell hath no fury..." component, has eaten away at my ability to forgive anything or anyone. Sorry.:animeswea

[FONT=Arial]"Revenge" is also more commonly known as "the one-up disease". So sure, if you want to essentially tell him you can be just as much a jerk as he can, go right ahead.

The hurtful thing to do would be to stop caring.

[B]Edit:[/B] Also, you're fourteen. How the frick do you even [I]have[/I] an "ex"?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][B]Edit:[/B] Also, you're fourteen. How the frick do you even [I]have[/I] an "ex"?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I was wondering the same thing.

O_o; Girl, I've not even had a boyfriend yet, and I'm 19. No need to get in a hurry, ya?[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]If either of you ever visited New York for a long enough period of time you'd be disgusted if intimate relationships at the age of 14 yield such reactions from you. Since my generation, the ages have only gotten younger and younger. My mother who teaches second grade has more than enough stories of sexual encounter between 7 year olds in her school.

Though, while that is less often...the age of sexual interactions normally starts happening around pre-teen anyway. Hell, my very first serious girlfriend back in high school was 14 and she had 2 exes before me.

Though this is the case in many more places as well, especially nowadays. Consider yourselves lucky you still live in a place where this hasn't gotten so out of hand yet.

[B]Edit:[/B] Actually, chances are very good it already has. So rather consider yourselves lucky you aren't aware of it yet.

As for revenge, my only advice on that is if you want to handle it the best way possible, focus your efforts on bettering your life and not demeaning someone else. You will achieve much more that way, and be in a much better situation for it. Especially due to the lack of maliciousness in this scenario.

Not to mention, that is a really weak plan if your intent is to hurt. Consider the need to get back a largely unnecessary one. [/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I've done some pretty awful things in the name of hurting one of my exes, but I immediately felt like garbage afterwards. So no matter how you may feel at this point in time, I'd advise you to be the better person and just move on. I don't think your ex was purposely trying to hurt you, but this is speaking in generalities without knowing your ex's personality. Either way, rise above that nonsense and move on with your life.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']I really, really, really want to try to process and listen to this advice, but I just can't. I am a VERY vengeful person that can hold grudges for years. And that, coupled with the "Hell hath no fury..." component, has eaten away at my ability to forgive anything or anyone. Sorry.:animeswea[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Excuses, excuses.

It's very sad to see someone who recognizes that they have a fault and yet refuses to correct it. A least when somebody denies it, their lack of work comes from an absence of belief and not an absence of will.[/color]

chibi-master if your ex's intent was to hurt you, then bothering to take the time for an elaborate plan of revenge will only tell him that it actually worked. The easiest form of revenge, which isn't revenge at all, is to simply ignore it and not respond to it. Stop making excuses just so you can do something rather petty.

[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]If either of you ever visited New York for a long enough period of time you'd be disgusted if intimate relationships at the age of 14 yield such reactions from you. Since my generation, the ages have only gotten younger and younger. My mother who teaches second grade has more than enough stories of sexual encounter between 7 year olds in her school. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Sicko, why the frick do you assume it was sexual?! Cripes, he was a long-distance boyfriend! "Ex" does not have to imply intimacy at THAT level!:animedepr

[quote name='chibi-master']Sicko, why the frick do you assume it was sexual?! Cripes, he was a long-distance boyfriend! "Ex" does not have to imply intimacy at THAT level!:animedepr[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I didn't say your relationship was sexual, i was pointing out that at that young of an age these kids have already engaged in that kind of relationship. More so to point out that it isn't so odd that you would have an ex boyfriend at the age of 14. Though i personally tend not to count long distance relationships, but that is just my personal preference.[/FONT]

[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]I didn't say your relationship was sexual, i was pointing out that at that young of an age these kids have already engaged in that kind of relationship. More so to point out that it isn't so odd that you would have an ex boyfriend at the age of 14. Though i personally tend not to count long distance relationships, but that is just my personal preference.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ah, I see now. Sorry, knee jerk reaction.:animeswea

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]The best course of action would be to wait it out, then break up his marriage.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

This is why I cringe whenever I see that you've replied to any thread I have had even the slightest involvement in. :p

And Nerdsy, I see your point there. I suppose I [I]should[/I] try to wait until I've cooled down a bit before doing anything I'll regret... :animesigh

[quote name='chibi-master]And Nerdsy, I see your point there. I suppose I [I]should[/I'] try to wait until I've cooled down a bit before doing anything I'll regret... :animesigh[/quote]Yes, you should. You might find yourself looking back and wondering why you let it even bother you to begin with.

[quote name='chibi-master']Yeah, I've decided not to get revenge. But I'm at least sending some sort of prank pic/text his way.[/quote]Glad to hear it. If people are used to you getting revenge, and I'm basing this off of your responses in the thread, then simply pranking him will probably confuse the hell out of him. That alone ought to be quite amusing.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have only ever sought revenge once in my life.

There is a guy who I was dating a year & a half ago. He lived in Virginia at the time & never once came to visit me in the 6ish months we were dating.

Then this April after we had been broken up for nearly a year he randomly told me that he had bought a plane ticket to Indiana. So he stayed for the weekend, & we kind of got back together unofficially.

So in July he tells me, "I'm going to marry you someday" & basically tells me all about how we'll be married & living here while I finish school & all sorts of things.

Then the next day he told me, "You're right. We'll never work out. Heh.", blocked all forms of communication with me, & proceeded to hit on a mutual friend.

So.

I google'd his name & found his OkCupid profile. Naturally, I created a profile for "Andie Carmichael", a girl in North Carolina who had an interest in him.

To make a really long story short, Andie talked to him religiously for a few weeks. He asked her to visit. To his knowledge, she just never showed up.

Neither Andie nor I have talked to him since. Huzzah![/COLOR][/SIZE]