OtakuBoards

Death Note TV

Dagger

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]
[spoiler]His suicide was shockingly violent, however, haha. Unless I'm forgetting something, that's pretty much the most violent scene in the entire anime, correct?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. [spoiler]Even discounting Mikami's death, with Matsuda shooting Light, there's already more on-screen blood spilt than in all the rest of the anime put together.[/spoiler]

Not to totally reiterate everything you said, but when reading the manga, my visceral reaction was [spoiler]a rather ugly sense of triumph. (In your face, Light! Die like the pathetic little nobody you really are!) The anime makes that kind of unambiguous response much harder. First there was that from-behind shot of him running haphazardly--knowing full well he can't escape the fate that's already caught up with him, but being no more able to stop this pointless motion than shed his human fallibility and become a god... then the flashbacks to the first episode that you brought up in your post: without resorting to cheap redemptive measures, they evoked the dignity that slipped through his fingers and the humanity he chose to lose.[/spoiler]

Speaking of dignity. I've already seen people complain that the changes [spoiler]make Light seem less pathetic. While I guess this is true if you compare episode 37 to the episode 37 that might've been if they followed the manga 100%, I don't think it's true at all if you compare the experiences of reading the manga & watching the anime. The voice acting alone makes the pathetic factor stand out in sharp relief, so I don't think anything was really lost in comparison to the manga. I certainly don't think they glossed over Light's downfall or anything. Just listen to Miyano go at it.

And anyway, somehow I don't think having Light flail around on the ground for ten minutes would've made this episode especially memorable.[/spoiler] Sorry, 4channers. :p

~Dagger~

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dagger]Speaking of dignity. I've already seen people complain that the changes [spoiler']make Light seem less pathetic. While I guess this is true if you compare episode 37 to the episode 37 that might've been if they followed the manga 100%, I don't think it's true at all if you compare the experiences of reading the manga & watching the anime. The voice acting alone makes the pathetic factor stand out in sharp relief, so I don't think anything was really lost in comparison to the manga. I certainly don't think they glossed over Light's downfall or anything. Just listen to Miyano go at it.[/spoiler][/quote]

Yeah, thinking about it right now, it seems to me that the manga and the anime [spoiler]represent the pathetic nature of Light's downfall in different ways, with the manga emphasizing the inhumanity Light gained and the anime emphasizing the humanity Light lost.

In the manga, the only shred of humanity Light seems to have left is the instinctual ability to fight against one's demise, and that isn't even exclusive to humans lol. Everything else left him - his logic, his empathy (though that disappeared a hell of a long time before the final chapter, haha), and everything else save his intense desire to somehow stay alive. Personally, I think Light's inhumanity was emphasized to get the type of reaction you described, Dagger - I know that's certainly how I felt when Light's eyes grayed out in Chapter 107's final panel.

With the anime, the stuff added to it shows how much Light lost and really seems to confirm what Light's father said about the power to kill being the real evil. In the end, Light was left without the evil tool that had consumed him from the start, and without it he was like a lost child desperately trying to find a way out of the mess he got himself into. In the end, though, there was no way for him to avoid it, and then he did the most human thing he could have - he accepted his fate and died a quiet whimper of a death. In many ways, I think the anime Light is a more pathetic, tragic figure than the manga Light because his last shred of humanity was wasted on the end result of the wasteful life he'd led for the past few years, whereas manga Light had been long gone by the time he died.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=xmystic_silverx]Of course he would. He's Light! [spoiler]Revealing yourself at the crucial point makes more of an impact doesn't it? And he likes making that impact.

He also revealed himself to Raye's fiance and only because he knew he was going to kill her anyway. I'm thinking he wanted to give her the feeling of impending doom.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right there, but it's still different in this situation.

[spoiler]In the case of Naomi, he had obtained her ID and thus her true name, so he knew she was dead, there was no escape from Kira in her case and Light knew it, so it was safe to reveal himself. In Raye Penbar and L's cases respectively, they are both dying from the power of the note at the same moment Light reveals himself to them as Kira. He does like to reveal himself to his important victims, but he only does it when assured of victory.

The whole aim for Kira through the entire series is: Do not let [i]anyone[/i] know who Kira is. Every move Light makes is calculated and percieved several steps in advance, he is not the kind to screw up everything at the most crucial moment just to gloat.

The way he reveals himself to Near and the others in the warehouse, is stupid and out of character in my opinion. Near is totally assured of himself, and Mikami hadn't killed anyone at all yet, so there was no way to know whether Light's plan had worked. Revealing himself at that time was way too risky a move for Light to make.[/spoiler]

It's all been said already, really :animeswea

A quick question to those who haven't read the manga (or hadn't before seeing episode 37): [spoiler]did you suspect Mikami's death at all?[/spoiler]

I ask because I was initially quite surprised they [spoiler]cut the epilogue, which tied up some loose ends. Then I watched the episode again and decided I liked it just fine without the epilogue, because much of the information it gives is implied anyway - Misa's suicide for one, and I suppose it's obvious to anyone that Near would later become the new L. The one thing I considered a loss was the suggestion that Near might have controlled and killed Mikami - partially because I like to have at least one little mystery to chew on after a series ends, and partially because it suggests Near might have thrown out his morals and actually used the Death Note, bringing him closer to the original L's personal sense of morality. After all, L was willing to have death row prisoners write each other's names down in order to test the 13-day rule.[/spoiler]

So what I want to know - because I can't be objective enough to tell for myself - is, [spoiler]does Mikami's suicide seem abrupt enough that you suspect foul play without Matsuda actually voicing the suspicion[/spoiler]?

(Also, was it [spoiler]his pen[/spoiler] that he [spoiler]stabbed himself with[/spoiler]?)

You know, until I read the idea on another message board earlier today, I hadn't considered the thought that [spoiler]Near wrote Mikami's suicide into the Death Note. It [i]is[/i] something to think about, and I definitely think Near killed Mikami in the manga, otherwise there would be no real point in bringing up the possibility... in the anime, I guess I could go either way. As I wrote earlier, I could definitely see why Mikami would choose to kill himself, but his death is also so abrupt and violent that it's more than a bit suspicious.[/spoiler]

[FONT=Tahoma]Man, I had to admit while I saw some of that coming, there were some elements of surprise. [spoiler]Good for friggen Matsuda, the dude finally finds his own resolve and takes action based on what he feels is right. How the mighty have fallen, Light certainly has slipped up a few from his former self, as i expected his demise to be a result of. Not only not taking into consideration that Mello and Near would uncover the secrets of the note, but the fact that Near had so much time with Mikami and the notes that eventually someone as smart and resourceful as him would discover a fake. Light left well enough alone too much, and was caught up in the grandeur of what should have been his impending victory.[/spoiler]

In reference to Misa however, [spoiler]the implications are kind of obvious...she probably commited suicide. *sigh*...and here I thought she was in the clear...she had to go and die anyway. So sad.[/spoiler] Though I suppose I could be wrong about what happened. I'm sure the manga shed more light on that.

[spoiler]Mikami killing himself was something else I didn't expect, but only because the focus was off of him for so long during Light's little soliloquy. Then all of a sudden he thrusted something into himself. Couldn't tell if it was a knife or something he had hidden on him, or what. But yeah, i see how it could also be his pen.[/spoiler]

Over all...the ending wasn't bad. I admit to expecting a little more, but it certainly wasn't a ruined ending. This was by far the best series i've watched since I first saw Fullmetal Alchemist. I'll probably check out the manga ending just to see what the differences are. [/FONT]

Haha, I remember seeing your earlier posts about Misa and forcing myself not to drop hints. As for the manga, [spoiler]it pretty much ignores what happens to her after Light's defeat. Volume 13 (which is purely informational, not part of the story per se) states that she killed herself on Valentine's Day a year later. I think.[/spoiler]

I really want to know what's going to be in the anime special...

~Dagger~

Having decided early on that this anime was fantastic and worthy of being one of my favorites, the ending did not disappoint, and I couldn't be more happy with the final product. :D I've been keeping up with the manga as well, reading the corresponding chapters after each episode (since I didn't want to spoil the anime <.<), and while the manga expands on information to make some segments more understandable, truthfully there were points where I felt sort of confused as well. It could have been the translation quality of the manga, or perhaps the anime was successfully "simplified". In any case, I think I ultimately prefer the anime for the level of emotion it created, having brought the story and characters to life with movement, music, and voice acting that the manga cannot provide.

[quote name='Dagger]It did what the manga never could: [spoiler]made me feel for Light at the end, made me sense on an emotional rather than logical level the sheer farcical [i]waste[/i'] of it all.[/spoiler][/quote] [spoiler]The look on Light's face as he was running away from the warehouse did that to me as well. It was his desperation, so different from the egotistical and confident Kira we had grown to hate - this shadow of a younger Light with so much potential was the one whom I felt sorry for. I believe the anime did much better justice as an end to the Death Note story, with Light using the last of his strength to get away and finally die all alone, rather than begging Ryuk not to kill him.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru]The whole deal with [spoiler']Mikami worked better in the anime, too, I think. I always thought the throwaway mention of Mikami dying in prison (by Near's pen if Matsuda's theory is to be believed) was a bit anti-climactic for him; the pained look on Mikami's face and his subsequent suicide (try saying that five times quickly) in the anime make for a more fitting end for him and really help drive home the futility of what Light was doing.[/spoiler][/quote] [spoiler]Yeah, the insanity in his eyes was definitely not of a man who would go quietly to prison, lol. I, too, was surprised by the violence of it though, in addition to Light getting shot multiple times; after all those heart-attacks, I had gotten used to a much less gruesome death.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Dagger]Speaking of dignity. I've already seen people complain that the changes [spoiler']make Light seem less pathetic. While I guess this is true if you compare episode 37 to the episode 37 that might've been if they followed the manga 100%, I don't think it's true at all if you compare the experiences of reading the manga & watching the anime. The voice acting alone makes the pathetic factor stand out in sharp relief, so I don't think anything was really lost in comparison to the manga. I certainly don't think they glossed over Light's downfall or anything. Just listen to Miyano go at it.[/spoiler][/quote] Indeed. [spoiler]Just listening to the rest of the episode, up until Light's escape, is quite enough to instill how pathetic he's become, which as you say is thanks primarily to the voice acting. It's impressive how much thought went into conveying themes in the anime that were the same or similar to those in the manga, though they may have been presented in a different way.[/spoiler] *Madhouse fan 4 life* Has anyone else seen the Viz dub trailers and are horrified that these voice actors just won't be able to reach the level of emotion we've heard in Japanese?

[quote name='Shinmaru]Yeah, thinking about it right now, it seems to me that the manga and the anime [spoiler']represent the pathetic nature of Light's downfall in different ways, with the manga emphasizing the inhumanity Light gained and the anime emphasizing the humanity Light lost.[/spoiler][/quote] I think you just about hit the nail on the head there, Shin. haha

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][spoiler]The one thing I considered a loss was the suggestion that Near might have controlled and killed Mikami - partially because I like to have at least one little mystery to chew on after a series ends, and partially because it suggests Near might have thrown out his morals and actually used the Death Note, bringing him closer to the original L's personal sense of morality. After all, L was willing to have death row prisoners write each other's names down in order to test the 13-day rule.[/spoiler]

So what I want to know - because I can't be objective enough to tell for myself - is, [spoiler]does Mikami's suicide seem abrupt enough that you suspect foul play without Matsuda actually voicing the suspicion[/spoiler]?[/quote] I didn't really consider [spoiler]foul play until I read the last chapter of the manga, but I suppose it's only natural considering the notebook being the primary source of killing throughout the series. Honestly, though, I'd like to believe that Mikami killed himself in the anime (with his pen! which would only make sense :p), simply because there's no reason to unnecessarily suspect Near and make things that much more complicated. It seems reasonable that Mikami was crazy enough to do anything, and why would Near have wanted him killed after how far he came to avoid that kind of win? I think the manga left it open more, but.. Matsuda was always coming up with bogus theories. lol[/spoiler]

Man, I want to read that volume 13..

[FONT=Tahoma]I have a hard time believing that is Near had read all the rules of the note that he'd be willing to use it even if it was to control and kill [spoiler]Mikami. It's safe to assume according to the anime episode that Near only saw Ryuk and never actually conversated with him until that point where they introduced each other, so Ryuk couldn't have explained what he explained to Light about people who use the note not going to heaven or hell and being miserable.[/spoiler] If Near knew this, i'm sure considering he was confident in his [spoiler]victory against Light[/spoiler], he wouldn't bother writing [spoiler]Mikami's name[/spoiler] in the note, but even since Ryuk didn't speak to him, the rules in addition to his personal feelings i think would be enough to deter him from taking that kind of action.
[/FONT]

[QUOTE=BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma][spoiler]...so Ryuk couldn't have explained what he explained to Light about people who use the note not going to heaven or hell and being miserable.[/spoiler]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Technically unrelated, but this might be an interesting point at which to bring up [spoiler]when Near dies.[/spoiler] I can't recall exactly what volume 13 says about [spoiler]his lifespan,[/spoiler] but I'm almost positive that [spoiler]he dies surprisingly young. Like, not more than a few years after the Kira case is closed.[/spoiler]

Apparently Viz will be releasing volume 13, by the way. Just not until 2008. :animeswea

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Episode 37 almost made me cry.[/quote]
Ditto.

As I was sitting in front of my computer, gazing in awe at my monitor as I watched episode 37, it came as a complete surprise to me that I was actually starting to feel sorry for Light. That was really the last thing I was expecting to happen, but (as so eloquently aforestated by many others) the fact that [spoiler]all of his work had been a colossal waste, and also that the young, intelligent Light Yagami had had [I]infinite[/I] potential, and that he had just completely ruined his life made me feel absolute pity for the guy. Of course, I think he deserved what he ultimately got, but...he was just so pathetic.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'm not sure that it was pity for Light that actually brought me close to tears. I think it was just the [spoiler]sadness and hopelessness of the whole terrible situation (there were times during the episode where I was almost literally pulling my hair out of my head)[/spoiler]. I have to admit that I found it a bit of an emotional rollercoaster-ride. Which, in my opinion, is a sign of pretty incredible story-telling.

[spoiler]It seems that toward the end of the series Light really became rather unbalanced, which was quite plainly shown in the final episode. I agree with basically everything that has been said about how Light really underestimated Near, and that his overconfidence and pride was his downfall.[/spoiler] Hats off to Mamoru Miyano, by the way. That was really impressive.

Also, Matsuda's role in this episode... [spoiler]It was kind of surprising to me at the time, considering his attitude toward Kira earlier in the series, but I think that what he did kind of suits his personality. He seems to be the kind of person who does things to the extreme, and has really fervent reactions to everything. The fact that his own father ended up dying in Light's efforts to wipe out all the criminals in the world seems to be what really sent Matsuda over the edge.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Raiyuu]A quick question to those who haven't read the manga (or hadn't before seeing episode 37): [spoiler']did you suspect Mikami's death at all?[/spoiler][/quote]
Hmmm... Well, to be honest, I can't say that I'd given it a whole lot of thought. I didn't really suspect it. It was [spoiler]Misa's death that I suspected, and I ended up being right about that, didn't I? :p At least, her suicide is certainly the impression the episode leaves, and there's also that thing that was mentioned about her killing herself on Valentine's Day in vol. 13 of the manga. Anyway, Mikami's suicide didn't come as a complete surprise, seeing as he's a complete nutter, but I did wonder what the heck he killed himself with... His pen has been suggested, although I'm wondering whether it would actually be that easy to mortally wound yourself with a pen... Anyway, that certainly was the most brutal violence in the whole series, as I recall, and I agree that the lack thereof in past episodes made it all the more effective.[/spoiler]

Anyway, this episode was also visually stunning, and the passionate artist in me had an absolute field day. This is the kind of thing I live for. I especially loved [spoiler]the scene where the wounded Light was running away from the warehouse, silhouetted against a sunset sky[/spoiler]...beautiful.

So it's over.

Everything being said and done, all [I]I[/I] can say is that the crew sure knew how to end a series. It was awe-inspiring, bittersweet and dramatic - yet nothing over the top.

And the lack of an epilogue was only positive for me, as I feel that "three months later" scenes would've seriously flattened the impact of the end.

Great series, definitely the best anime I've ever watched (which isn't saying much, though, since I've only seen so few).

• 3 weeks later...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/dancing-banana.gif[/IMG]

That's right--it's image spam time! Quick disclaimer: I didn't make any of these. Also, many are either from or inspired by 4chan, which really says it all. Please don't take offense, and watch out for naughty language. :animeswea [COLOR="Red"][b]Spoilers throughout[/b].[/COLOR]

[size=1]I posted non-spoiler examples for some categories; everything else, spoilerific or otherwise, is in link form so as to spare your connections. Occasional repeats from earlier in the thread.[/size]

First off, in the spirit of episode 37...

[b]Swimming Lessons!![/b] [size=1]& other variations on the ending
[url=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/779/swim1cn5.jpg][u]The original[/u][/url]
[url=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/931/swimanimelm8.jpg][u]Anime version[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1182954508286.gif][u]Gif version[/u][/url]
[url=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3025/deathnoteswim04vf5wa7.jpg][u]Spin-off[/u][/url]
[url=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/543/pencilbanneruw1.jpg][u]Similarly...[/u][/url]
[url=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1791/lollerskatesso8.jpg][u]Classic alternate ending[/u][/url]
[url=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6135/1175609529816vo2jx2.jpg][u]Another classic[/u][/url] (& my personal favorite; no translation necessary)
C'est dommage [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/aizawaagreesxj8.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/poolsclosedcopyey2.png][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/poool.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]JUST AS PLANNED[/b][size=1]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1175898664902.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1168363819542fc98.jpg][u]In honor of Caturday[/u][/url]
[url=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6816/1169580920313tq6.png][u]No, I have no idea, but it freaks me out[/u][/url]
[url=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2852/nearjustplandpl1zg8.png][u]Not as planned![/u][/url]
[url=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8043/volrx1sk3.png][u]Alternate take on the last manga panel[/u][/url]
International edition [url=http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3934/6g33s7dgy7.png][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4259/deathnote24large08hv7.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7035/1178058300071de0.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url]
[url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/818/justicebladderca5.jpg][u]Say it five times fast[/u][/url]
[url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2726/lollightfu3.jpg][u]Playing for high stakes[/u][/url]
[/size]
[b]I Am... L[/b] [size=1]based on the manga version of the scene

When animals attack [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6933/003uh6.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6068/nuko1kv4.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5461/20060228127351qp0.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url]
So who were you expecting? [url=http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8818/1110955360402ea1.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5903/1160540918397ai1.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2636/1180763265568zy1.png][u]#3[/u][/url]
Outtakes [url=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7627/2vdo7ysef1.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7352/bridgexf9.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5333/lfatherrk0zn4.png][u]#3[/u][/url], [url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2379/lsurprisewo3sz6.jpg][u]#4[/u][/url], [url=http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2305/seekrit2wq6.jpg][u]#5[/u][/url], [url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5849/shunib4.jpg][u]#6[/u][/url]
[url=http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/624/neneyj7.gif][u]Downright prophetic[/u][/url][/size]

[b]D&D Alignments[/b]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/chaoticneutralmatthu5.jpg[/IMG]
[size=1]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/chaoticgoodmelloax8.jpg][u]Chaotic Good[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lawfulevillightta7.jpg][u]Lawful Evil[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lawfulgoodlfy3.jpg][u]Lawful Good #1[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lawfulgoodnearbo0.jpg][u]Lawful Good #2[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/trueneutralryuksz3.jpg][u]True Neutral[/u][/url][/size]

[b]Cosplay & Real Life[/b]
[size=1]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1177291738961.jpg[/IMG]

The same cute kids [url=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6706/1176574647359ir5.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3078/1176574847189hi5.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1784/1176575258461hc1.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/469094.jpg][u]L & Light's seiyuu get in character[/u][/url]
[url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7066/4dcjvpkah6.jpg][u]Ruka (from Nightmare, which did the first OP & ED) makes an awesome Mello[/u][/url]
[url=http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8691/t3dq1.jpg][u]Ruka as Mello, closer up[/u][/url]
[url=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1513/sc1ri6.jpg][u]Ryutaro (from the visual kei band Plastic Tree) makes an awesome L[/u][/url]
[url=http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4287/sc2ub7.jpg][u]Ryutaro assumes the position[/u][/url]
Live-action Ryuk [url=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7122/4t8ant0tb7.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7904/ryuksexyhs6nt8.png][u]#2[/u][/url]
[url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1555/ryukronaldvu8xq3.jpg][u]If this is wrong, I don't wanna be right[/u][/url]
[url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5146/1180826723998wj4bq0.jpg][u]Speaking of which, what's wrong with this picture?[/u][/url] (took me forever to get it)
I see what you did there [url=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/966/lfridge1np6.gif][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7408/ceilingkiraoc1.png][u]#2[/u][/url]
Shrines to the fallen [url=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3329/lcakesas5kk6.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6860/mmshrine1eo0.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url]
[url=http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/437/cookieslz5.jpg][u]Yummy![/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]We're All Mad Here[/b] [size=1]maybe some more so than others

[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3497/1177008186451eg0.jpg[/img]

[url=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4600/1127464423298bq0.jpg][u]Time-honored manga 'shop[/u][/url]
[url=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7540/4349lvmiy6.jpg][u]Anime version[/u][/url]
[url=http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/93/1177357371181fl3wk6.jpg][u]That's gotta hurt[/u][/url]
[url=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1658/whattheqk8.jpg][u]Requires no explanation[/u][/url]
[url=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2315/1181993606504ip6aq6.png][u]And it's true![/u][/url]
[url=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1556/11214326435761mv0.jpg][u]Some questions are better left unasked[/u][/url]
[url=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9475/11ln0.jpg][u]Your mother warned you...[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]Epic 4chan Threads[/b] [size=1]& similar material

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/5e74c189.png[/IMG]

[url=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2913/note44wb6.png][u]In which Light demonstrates his brilliance[/u][/url]
[url=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2528/1177719504763xi4.png][u]Short but sweet[/u][/url] (or, uh, something)
[url=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4738/deathnotebelair2mr9pf5.png][u]"Well, let me tell you then."[/u][/url]
[url=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5242/dnthreaddonttouchmeex0cr8.jpg][u]"I didn't even go near him."[/u][/url]
[url=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9261/ryukandlightovu7.jpg][u]"Mawwiage is what bwings us togethaw today."[/u][/url]
[url=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3710/1175564658271om4nj9.jpg][u]Variations on a familiar theme[/u][/url]
[url=http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3630/1175616852166ek3.jpg][u]Trick question[/u][/url]
[url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9895/lightshingole1.jpg][u]In which Light is too sneaky for his own good[/u][/url]
[url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8109/lolpoolez1kc0.jpg][u]In which there is much underwater fun[/u][/url]
[url=http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7970/epicpartydo5.jpg][u]In which there is a PARTY@MYHOUSE[/u][/url]
[url=http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9597/nolightnofk2.jpg][u]In which our hero uncovers a vast fangirl conspiracy[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]Gifs[/b]
[size=1]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1178765226077.gif[/IMG]

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/646312.gif][u]Severe spoilers for Final Fantasy VII[/u][/url]
[url=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6900/12657962cz8.gif][u]Ouran High School Kira Club[/u][/url]
Other LJ icons [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1034819.gif][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1168423.gif][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1355321.gif][u]#3[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/2395840.gif][u]#4[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/000165ez.gif][u]Warning: gigantic file size[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1178655800896-1.gif][u]I just saved 15% on car insurance~![/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lightscakestealingpowers.gif][u]Light only uses his powers for good[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/2a6mezoqs6.gif][u] Way too adorable! Kill it!![/u][/url]
Various captioned gifs [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/fanservice2.gif][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/harder.gif][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/letsdothatagain.gif][u]#3[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/stfun00b.gif][u]#4[/u][/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/tehwinnar.gif][u]#5[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/light_desunoto.gif][u]Catering to the lowest common demoninator[/u][/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/1179278506080ly3.gif][u] Mikami doing his thing[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]Innuendo[/b][size=1] mostly of the BL variety

[img]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1744/nakedlightah5.jpg[/img]

[url=http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2554/1177163934051hd2.png][u]Eyes aren't the only thing he can trade[/u][/url]
[url=http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/893/1178274239038ws4.jpg][u]Front page news[/u][/url]
[url=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7683/1161161930947qv2.jpg][u]Misunderstood[/u][/url]
[url=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9400/1162602448970cd3.jpg][u]Bunny suit alert[/u][/url]
[url=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9823/11771759842621ge2.jpg][u]Quite possibly the prequel[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3347/sachiko1tq9.jpg][u]Poor Sachiko-san[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2281/1175738603599ai0.jpg][u]Narcissism[/u][/url]
[url=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8954/lightxlbk9.png][u]More narcissism[/u][/url]
[url=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8260/s640x480zf5.jpg][u]L redefines 'eccentric'[/u][/url]
[url=http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7658/imagaysa3.jpg][u]Wearying of logic, L takes a few shortcuts[/u][/url]
[url=http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7032/1177713468794ip9.png][u]Shark attack![/u][/url]
[url=http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/169/1178629785220kl3.png][u]Really, really not as planned[/u][/url]
[url=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5513/mnhi5po7.png][u]Nevertheless, accidents happen[/u][/url]
[url=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1089/vizdnadsa6.jpg][u]Hilariously, this is an actual DN ad[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]Other Captions & Comics[/b][size=1]

[img]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8306/338c784211f3f35cf11253dvl1.jpg[/img]

[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9852/lightnote005ff3.png][u]How to raise a pet, part I[/u][/url]
[url=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7087/lightnote006sh8.png][u]How to raise a pet, part II[/u][/url]
[url=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1433/lightnote012of5.png][u]A person on topic[/u][/url]
[url=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3392/lightnote020ig8.png][u]Not quite 'Sophie's Choice'[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8449/kira08qt5.jpg][u]Instant front-runner[/u][/url]
[url=http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3366/000361kebd3.jpg][u]An unaltered screencap[/u][/url]
[url=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4429/cunningplanjl6.png][u]Plausible dialogue[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2590/lbedwetterag0.png][u]We all make mistakes[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8894/cookiefd0.jpg][u]That bastard![/u][/url]
[url=http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1300/2percentotd5.gif][u]Did you know?[/u][/url]
[url=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5594/matsudacookieshl4.jpg][u]Fatal mistake[/u][/url]
[url=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8291/d26f7708ad86c6c6e9ce2a3ki9.jpg][u]Everyone needs a hobby[/u][/url]
[url=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9875/deathnotenearswalktrialfm0.jpg][u]Attempting the impossible[/u][/url]
[url=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2952/0401xf7ul3.gif][u]Young man, there's no need to feel down. I said, young man~[/u][/url]
[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7990/44v9lypqe2.jpg][u]Literally, OBOHU[/u][/url]
[url=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5668/001a5s46sb1.jpg][u]The many outfits of Matt[/u][/url]
[url=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2016/yagamipapicecreammm1tv3.png][u]Don't we all?[/u][/url]
[url=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5214/lkirakk2.jpg][u]Baaaaang![/u][/url]
[url=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8633/1163365859428se0.jpg][u]The road to Hell is paved with good intentions[/u][/url]
[url=http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1211/1168109439177bl4.png][u]Pick your size[/u][/url]
[url=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9254/51982448dt6nh5.jpg][u]Another one bites the dust[/u][/url]
[url=http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/976/1168614902763od7.jpg][u]Playing it cool[/u][/url]
[url=http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3995/1175807602468ut7.gif][u]Tragedy strikes[/u][/url]
[url=http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4373/1175812626309vn5.jpg][u]The real mystery[/u][/url]
[url=http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5143/1176952216330ej0.jpg][u]Reminds me of Lost[/u][/url]
[url=http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3733/1180954150516ng2.jpg][u]Mikami[/u][/url]
[url=http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3179/1182360377356ei7.jpg][u]Mikami once again[/u][/url]
[url=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2457/bscap2096copyne0.jpg][u]What Light was really thinking[/u][/url]
[url=http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8579/c4gs1.jpg][u]Freudian slip[/u][/url]
[url=http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2369/lsname1gc6.jpg][u]Turning the tables[/u][/url]
[/size]

[b]Crossovers[/b][size=1]

[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1917/osakujouq2.jpg[/img]

Fairy tales [url=http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2007/1164647533006kz0.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5208/deathnotefablesbykichigam4.png][u]#2[/u][/url]
Celebrities [url=http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leoyagamiwa6.jpg][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8130/samlqt7ee0.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/739/shinigamiannalq7.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url]
Pop culture & entertainment [url=http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2158/ilycapslockof9qd0.png][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9752/1178817067379nh0pm6.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ringuuuj9.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url], [url=http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/6973/lifeguardff5.jpg][u]#4[/u][/url], [url=http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8358/1177659066330av9kj8.jpg][u]#5[/u][/url], [url=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9021/haadomelotc3.jpg][u]#6[/u][/url], [url=http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1180282311771wi6uh2.jpg][u]#7[/u][/url], [url=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4262/poorwillywonkabydaciahewr5.jpg][u]#8[/u][/url], [url=http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/881/mellowonkaqt7.png][u]#9[/u][/url], [url=http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2322/kirafishpv6.jpg][u]#10[/u][/url], [url=http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6893/lightgrinchmt7.png][u]#11[/u][/url], [url=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8164/wince9.jpg][u]#12[/u][/url], [url=http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2601/1178676508452hr6.jpg][u]#13[/u][/url], [url=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4859/imagezz1pu7.jpg][u]#14[/u][/url], [url=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/152/mari1am1.png][u]#15[/u][/url], [url=http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5226/mariof157iq7.png][u]#16[/u][/url], [url=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9905/1171593585180qc7sq2.jpg][u]#17[/u][/url], [url=http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9052/robiniu3.jpg][u]#18[/u][/url], [url=http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8400/yagamiandryukubp8.jpg][u]#19[/u][/url], [url=http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6725/shivermetimbersgi9.png][u]#20[/u][/url], [url=http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8560/1181830826818ss7rh0.jpg][u]#21[/u][/url], [url=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/530/untitled1mi3.jpg][u]#22[/u][/url], [url=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1821/1181389336237wi2wb5.jpg][u]#23[/u][/url]
Other anime & manga [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/425/image55fb2.png][u]#1[/u][/url], [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5447/1176064496789rm4.jpg][u]#2[/u][/url], [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3479/1175805588253sx9.jpg][u]#3[/u][/url], [url=http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7807/1162685458459fk2.gif][u]#4[/u][/url], [url=http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5630/a16tm6.png][u]#5[/u][/url], [url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8999/ilplazzosakujoid9.jpg][u]#6[/u][/url], [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3507/exemellopi9.jpg][u]#7[/u][/url], [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5729/1176135619072dt5ya8.jpg][u]#8[/u][/url], [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/489/konanuk0.gif][u]#9[/u][/url], [url=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7868/1175909279495mq1zx1.jpg][u]#10[/u][/url], [url=http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4594/1178661786006lf7.jpg][u]#11[/u][/url], [url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5867/1178468291172lj2.jpg][u]#12[/u][/url], [url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7129/isuckle9.jpg][u]#13[/u][/url], [url=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9958/1181426263795cm7ss0.jpg][u]#14[/u][/url], [url=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6837/gintokikirawd0.gif][u]#15[/u][/url], [url=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2518/1181426205378mo4gm7.jpg][u]#16[/u][/url], [url=http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8075/kiradesuih2.jpg][u]#17[/u][/url], [url=http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6373/memo58bp6.gif][u]#18[/u][/url], [url=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2415/1173063781042be9.jpg][u]#19[/u][/url], [url=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2891/1173666138705vd6.jpg][u]#20[/u][/url], [url=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1157/deathnotenyoronbysilenthl3.jpg][u]#21[/u][/url], [url=http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8157/ryukychanph6mz4.jpg][u]#22[/u][/url], [url=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/143/lolooooooxj6.jpg][u]#23[/u][/url], [url=http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6613/1101954116098yj5.jpg][u]#24[/u][/url], [url=http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/921/1175947217482we6kd3.jpg][u]#25[/u][/url], [url=http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3933/2u7mvkpdn5.png][u]#26[/u][/url], [url=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6011/1182873938965cx9.jpg][u]#27[/u][/url], [url=http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3958/uguu2ok1.jpg][u]#28[/u][/url]
[url=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9708/1095081607328tv0.jpg][u]An untranslated epic[/u][/url]
[url=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4541/kiraballzdz2di8.jpg][u]A translated epic[/u][/url]
[url=http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4564/1180479599723uz5rr6.jpg][u]The third greatest crossover of all time[/u][/url]
[url=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2899/mmmmfx3.jpg][u]The second greatest crossover of all time[/u][/url]
[url=http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6328/1180407255548ro3uu8.jpg][u]The greatest crossover of all time[/u][/url]
[/size]

And that's barely scratching the surface, haha.

Anyway, here's the body of my original post.

[SIZE="1"][url=http://www.animeonline.com/index.php?page=news_details&action=details&id=102636][u]Summer Special details[/u][/url]

[quote]The episode will be a whopping three-hour reconstruction of the anime titled "Death Note Director's Cut Complete Ending," which will begin all the way back with the battle of wits between Light and L.

New recordings from the voice actors have been provided, as well as brand new scenes from the manga that didn't appear in the anime series. The episode is set to air on August 31 at 8:03pm...[/quote]

Geez, three hours? That's pretty hefty, even if they're covering basically three-quarters of the show. How much can they really add from the manga, though? There's the final chapter, I guess, and maybe some extra scenes from the second arc. I wouldn't mind a total recap if they re-animated scenes from the middle.

With the American DVD release not too far off, I've been thinking to myself that what I really want is some kind of "best of" collection with episodes like 1, 7, 25, 29, etc. If the special ends up being the equivalent of this--albeit woven together more smoothly--that would be awesome.[/SIZE]

~Dagger~

I hated when L [spoiler]dided he was my favorite but seeing Light / Raito die [/spoiler]didn't make me feel any better. I pity Light because he was trying to do the right thing but when about it the wrong way.

I would love it. It has all the things Adult Swim would love to see. Long as its on Saturday I won't care just as Long as I could see it. Viz is good form what I watched of their work they at lest try to keep it close to the words as possible. They could work on their voice actors but I have adapted to some like most of the bleach characters.

So I believe some time is December according to what I've read on Viz.com. Hoping sooner. if its at that time Blood + will be done its only 50 episodes. Shin-chan is ok don't care for it much. But ok.

[URL="http://deathnote.viz.com/"]http://deathnote.viz.com/[/URL]

I'm begging please Adult Swim poeple put Death Note on I proise its short But tons of blood and action. * bows down*

P.S. the preview sounds like the english voice is the same for Light as for Ichigo.

Take the Death Note on Adult Swim poll at:

[URL="http://www.quizilla.com/users/serenayasha/polls/5309239/Do_you_De"]http://www.quizilla.com/users/serenayasha/polls/5309239/Do_you_De[/URL]serenayasha [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Indigo"][INDENT][B]serenayasha[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing something that would spoil it for someone who has yet to see a show, always use spoiler tags. Just check the sticky on how to post in Anime Lounge for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. Thanks. ~indifference[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Hey I heard a rumor that [COLOR="Red"][U]Death Note[/U][/COLOR] is going to be on Adult Swim.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Orange"]1. Is that true?
2. Can anyone that lives in this place tell me?
3. Starting Oct. 20 or something?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Green"]What's wrong with the dubbed voices? I think there OK plus you have to hear more than a 1-2 minute preview to say

"well those voices sound like crap."

and your so use to one set of voices its going to sound weird.
As long as the voices fit the character and show him like the original voice, isn't that all that should matter?oh why does everyone bad on English dubs and not other languages?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]serenayasha[/b]: If you have something else you want to say, but youre the last person in the thread to have spoken, just add to your last post by using the Edit button, 'kay? Thanks. -Kei[/color][/size]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='serenayasha'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]oh why does everyone bad on English dubs and not other languages?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]There are plenty of terrible Japanese dubs out there. It's just harder to spot bad acting when you don't speak the language - you don't know where the inflections are supposed to fall, so you can't tell if they're wrong wrong wrong like a lot of bad English dubs.

No idea about the Adult Swim thing. It wouldn't surprise me though. Tried Google, or the Death Note page on Wikipedia? Or perhaps Anime News Network? They're generally the best places to confirm rumours like this.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Or you can check on the ever-fabulous theOtaku.com. ^_~ Gia posted an article the other day saying that the folks over at [as] confirmed the rumor. Death Note will be starting on Oct. 20.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-10-01/notes-left-near-bodies-in-belgium-linked-to-death-note][u]Notes near body parts in Belgium linked to Death Note[/u][/url]

Troubling, creepy and as messed up as hell, but to be honest, I almost feel like it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

~Dagger~

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened already. Although, I don't see how the killer really thought he could be Kira, because Kira only kills people by way of a heart attack, usually. But still, I agree it's creepy as hell to find a human organ laying out in a park, with a message relating to Death Note nearby. I mean that's just flat out [B]weird[/B].

Hmm...maybe we should team up and see if we can solve this case, Dagger.;) We could be the ultimate team![/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Quick note: [URL="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/"][U]Anime News Network[/U][/URL] is your friend for this type of question. Just go there when you want to know a little bit about an anime show. The notes there as to what Death Note is about is this:

[INDENT]Yagami Light is an ace student with great prospects, who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the "Death Note": a notebook from the realm of the Death Gods, with the power to kill people in any way he desires. With the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create his perfect world, without crime or criminals. However, when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer, and a battle of wits, deception and logic ensues...[/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Well, I've just finished watching the first episode of Death Note dubbed on Adult Swim. And, I have to say that that was a lot better than what I thought it would be. As far as the dubbed voice's go, I'm kinda here and there about it. But as far as everything else goes, I pretty much liked it. I think the only thing I'm trying to figure out now is whether or not Viz has done any changes to the episode itself.(like cutting out certain scene's, etc.) Anyway's, so what did the rest of you think about the dubbed Death Note episode?[/SIZE][/FONT]

I didn't think it was bad at all. Ryuk's voice is pretty good. He sounds serious, but there's also room for a nice, mocking tone. I also enjoy his laugh. It's like a grizzled criminal who's having a good laugh before he cuts your throat. My enjoyment of Light's voice is more inconsistent. At times it was good, but at other times it was almost like it was too insane too quickly. I mean, Light's a ****ing nutjob and all, but he's not a full-blown sociopath just [i]yet[/i].

...okay, maybe he [i]is[/i]. XD

But, yeah, it's a bit over-the-top for me right now, which is probably a weird complaint about Death Note considering its many big, epic scenes ([spoiler]Mikami's first writing sequence, anyone? Haha. Pretty colors are fun.[/spoiler]).

Ryuk's voice wasn't too bad, but I felt it could be a little rougher, if only to distinguish him more from Light. I did enjoy his laugh, though.

As for Light, I had a hard time taking him seriously as a calm and collected [evil] genius. I did not think that he portrayed the insanity well, especially in his laughing. To be honest, the voice just.. annoyed me. lol The way he sort of rose up in pitch at the end of sentences, like he was always asking a question, and I felt it was somewhat "bubbly" at times as well, as if he was too happy I suppose. I'm not sure I'll have the patience to sit through listening to him the whole series. v_v

[quote name='Syk3']I'm not sure I'll have the patience to sit through listening to him the whole series. v_v[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]
Well hopefully you won't have to listen to that same voice in every episode. Because if I'm not mistaken, I think Light's voice change's a little bit later on in like episode 5 and 6. It won't be much of a change, but his voice will probably sound a little more mature, and he won't sound like he's still going through puberty, lol.[/SIZE][/FONT]