OtakuBoards

What do you know?

Sara

Know a fun [b]fact[/b]*? Share it with us!

[size=1]I'll start: [b]Theodor Geisel (better known as Dr. Seuss) had more than one pseudonym.[/b]

"Dr. Seuss" was used for stories that he both wrote [i]and[/i] illustrated, and "Theo LeSieg" (and in one instance, "Rosetta Stone") was (were) used for stories that he wrote but did not illustrate. (Like [i]In A People House[/i] and [i][url=http://www.amazon.com/Please-Remember-First-Octember-Beginner/dp/0394835638]Please Try to Remember the First of Octember[/url][/i].)

*People who post misinformation will be mercilessly mocked.[/size]

A [URL="http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/nsmb/vol2_page1.jsp"][COLOR=DarkOrange]recent interview[/COLOR][/URL] between Nintendo's Satoru Iwata and Takashi Tezuka, it was revealed that the "P" in the [URL="http://quick.dezro.com/PWing.png"][COLOR=DarkOrange]P-wing[/COLOR][/URL] from Super Mario Bros stood for "paratroopa"--it was one of their wings! Cool, huh?

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Someone in Indiana once tried to pass a law redefining Pi as 4.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Is that so? It's all that crack cocaine in the Wabash that's ruining everyone's minds.

Speaking of Indiana, DID YOU KNOW... that Elvis Presley's last concert was at the Market Square Arena?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]Scratch that, it was 3 not 4. Commence the mocking.

And, as it turns out, that bill is still up for vote! It passed in the house in the late 1800s (wtf?) but stalled in the senate.[/color]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Is that so? It's all that crack cocaine in the Wabash that's ruining everyone's minds.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Or the horrible poisons in the White River.[/color]

[quote name='Gavin'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]The only letter which does not appear on the Periodic Table is the letter ?J?.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=darkslateblue]That makes me feel left out, as someone who's name begins with 'J'. Or should I feel special?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=darkslateblue]In 2001 Mamoru Oshii, director of such anime classics as Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor, teamed up with a Polish film studio to create the live-action sci-fi film [I]Avalon[/I]. The original language of the film was of course Polish, and it won several awards in film festivals throughout Europe.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=darkslateblue]Maybe that wasn't obscure enough. Whatever. If you want to see it, you might find it at Blockbuster. It's quite good.[/COLOR][/FONT]