OtakuBoards

Crazy Dreams

chibi-master

So lately I've been having some insane dreams... O.o I was just wondering what some of your weird dreams are. I would start of with an example, but my two most recent dreams are already in the Padded Room Party thread.

Hmmm... I suppose you can also post about sleep disorders you may have. Personally, I'm pretty sure I have insomnia. Also, when I DO get some sleep, I sleepwalk frequently, often ending up sleeping in the tub. The other night, I had an episode of sleep paralysis. I woke up unable to move, feeling like I was pinned to my bed. For some reason, I had a dreadful feeling that there was something at the foot of my bed, watching me, waiting for me to give any sign of weakness. Suddenly, I saw a shadowy figure about the size of a medium sized dog climb over the end of my bed and sit beside my ankles. I screamed at myself to do ANYTHING. Then, without realizing what I was doing, I grabbed my cane and began beating the end of my bed viciously. About then it dawned on me that I had just experienced a sleep paralysis.

[font=trebuchet ms] Randomly, like two years ago I went through this period of terrible nightmares. Like," wake up and lie completely still out of overwhelming fear" nightmares. They basically all involved me being chased by something/someone trying to kill me, which, as you can imagine, ****ing sucked. So...yeah, thank god that's over. Or at least thank god I don't remember my nightmares now.

But I have lots of recurring dreams, my favorite being ones of flying. [/font]

[size=1][color=navy]The craziest dream I've had so far had to be of some girl licking my face. I don't know how it ended up like that, or why. All I remember is lying back on a desk (or was I being pinned....) and this girl licked my face... (jaw bone to lip) I think what triggered it was an episode of NCIS where [spoiler]Ziva licked Tony's ear[/spoiler] in the middle of some type of meeting, session or something. (They were required to attend some type of class or something)

Yeah, my dreams can get stupid. :animeswea[/size][/color]

I keep having short dreams where I'm falling, and it's in a city and at night, because tall buildings are surrounding me and all I can see is little windows lit up by light flashing past me as I fall to the ground... It's always exactly the same... And I've been having it ever since I can remember... I never hit the ground, ever, and I always wake up in shock just before I [I]do[/I] hit the ground.

:smoke:

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]You know how sometimes, on TV, a character is dreaming, wakes up, only to find that they're still actually dreaming, and [I]then[/I] they wake up for real?

Yeah, I had one of those today. It was...interesting.

I also tend to have a recurring dream about an unidentified man, usually hugging me. At one point, he even told me he loved me. I guess the reason I don't know what he looks like means that I've not met him in real life yet, but it's kinda reassuring to me sometimes.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lately it's felt like I've been having lots of crazy dreams, more than usual at least. Can't really remember any of them specifically though, which might be for the best.

One of the craziest I've ever had was a few years ago. It started out with me and this boy in some plane, and I guess the implication was that we were romantically involved. Then our plane crashed on some random piece of land. Of course we survived but then we went out exploring the land... and randomly he was gone (and I didn't question this at all) while I continued down a hill towards a tree building thing. After entering and exploring, I quickly hid 'cause I heard creatures coming... but then I got caught by dwarves and stuff. They tugged me down and one of them got out a giant butcher knife and was going to stab me in the back.
Then I woke up. :V

I've had some weird recurring dreams too. One series involves me somehow being topless (like, seriously completely topless), for whatever reason. And no, it's never kinky. One of them was me coming back from my own wedding and crazily my dress had no top so I went into a clothes store to find a shirt. Yeah. Luckily haven't had one of those types in awhile, 'cause seriously I hate those kinds of dreams.

My recurring dreams are about the end of the world or secret passages.

I've also always had nightmares about my dad. A while ago I dreamed that I killed him by pushing him out of a spaceship.

When I was little I used to have what are called night terrors, which are like nightmares, but you can't remember them, and you just scream and cry and sometimes sleepwalk.

Like Miss Anonymous, I've had weird dreams about being naked or topless too. Those were probably the weirdest ever. *shudder*

I've also had dreams about the future that I don't remember until the event happens, commonly known as "deja vu".

I think my most recurring dream is one where i'm in my old old house, where the florr boards creak without anything walking on it. I will walk outside and see this lizard monkey thing, and it starts chasing me down an underground part of the house. i run, and then look back and it's not there. then i find myself iin a lab-like place. with those things from Rez 4 on the table. The regenerater things. and i touch one and it grabs me. then i wake up.

lastnight i dreamt i was in a canoe going down the mississippi river with three crabs, and the crabs were having a conversation in some language i ddint understand. then a bear showed up and killed the crabs. and i started to scream. i woke up then.

dreams are weird for me, because i just usually have deja` vu.

[quote name='chibi-master']I LOVE the flying ones! Mostly because not only do I fly, I ALWAYS have wings! It's not like floating or anything, it's actual flight!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] That's interesting- none of my flying dreams involve wings or actual "flight." I always sort of bob and float up into the air when I first get up into the air, but after that I fly around sort of like superman...except I don't have my arms straight out in front of me.[/font]

[quote name='Fall']I keep having short dreams where I'm falling, and it's in a city and at night, because tall buildings are surrounding me and all I can see is little windows lit up by light flashing past me as I fall to the ground... It's always exactly the same... And I've been having it ever since I can remember... I never hit the ground, ever, and I always wake up in shock just before I [I]do[/I] hit the ground.

:smoke:[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] One of my other recurring dreams is me jumping between tall buildings and I become more afraid of the fall as the jumps get higher. But then before I hit the ground after the highest jump I wake up.[/font]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]The one dream that drives me nuts is when I'm late for a test and can't find the classroom, or I have to do a performance and can't find my Cello. I'm always glad to wake up from those.

Anyway, lately my dreams have been pretty normal. Nothing crazy or annoying... though now that I said that I probably jinxed myself into having a nutty dream soon.[/FONT]

Argh... So remember how I mentioned that sleep paralysis thing in the first post? Well... In my dream last night, I was trying to have a conversation with the thing that scared me. You know, the shadowy thing. Apparently, I sleepwalked from my room to the towel closet of my bathroom in order to have a more private meeting with this dark figure... I'm pretty sure it was a raccoon or something... But yeah, woke up, cramped and aching, in the small floor of the closet. Not exactly comfy.

[size=1]I laugh at you all who can remember all your weird dreams. ALL of mine are weird, so I kind of got used to it. Some of them I wake up and I'm like "uh.... okay??" and some I wake up and wish that I could have recorded them on video for a movie cause they were just that interesting. ^_^

I have nightmares, too; not scary dreams where bad stuff happens to me, but stuff that's realistic. If I can find one thing that separates it from what is real (i.e., blue skin or tails) then it doesn't bother me. I'm a lucid dreamer; I am usually entirely aware that I'm asleep and so I act like God. :D

My nightmares consist of things that could actually happen. I almost never have night terrors; I say almost because I had one the other night.

Oh, and I talk in my sleep. Apparently my tonal memory is phenomenal, too. And I punched a wall once about a month ago. I was having this recurring nightmare that I used to have when dating my abusive ex boyfriend; needless to say, this time, instead of letting him choke me to death, I fought back. And punched a wall. Which somehow didn't wake me up.

So yeah. :D[/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I've been having crazy dreams ever since I went back on my anti depressant and my ADD meds. Most recently I had a dream that one of my friends wanted to kill me and she attempted to do so by chopping off my hair. I'm not sure why she wanted me dead. But I also dreamed that this friend didn't want me at her wedding because her future mother in law told her it was either me or her and it couldn't be me. I was actually quite pissed when I woke up from that.

I've had some very odd sex dreams too, none of them involving my fiance and a few of them involving a guy I knew from my Wicca 101 class I took 4 years ago. Yeah I really do have issues. Maybe if I could dream about doing the deed with someone I actually know and could do that in real life with I'd be better.

The oddest dream I can remember though involved my surviving grandparents. I had a dream that their house was on fire and we had to save them. This was their old house that they'd lived in from the time my mom and her sisters were in secondary school to when I was in high school but when the fire fighters rescued them they'd turned into rather obese cats.

Actually at that time I believe I was on the same anti depressants and ADD meds.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Oh, and I talk in my sleep.[/size][/QUOTE]

I inherited that from my dad. We can both hold entire conversations in our sleep and not remember a word of it. Infact, we can also have full-blown chats with other sleeptalkers! It's actually pretty interesting to witness, or so I've been told. Apparently, I once gave my friend a very long lecture about a drag queen muffin. I still don't believe it entirely, but she insists it happened, so...

[quote name='chibi-master']The other night, I had an episode of sleep paralysis.[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=]Well... In my dream last night, I was trying to have a conversation with the thing that scared me. You know, the shadowy thing.[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]That's actually the most successful way to not have nightmares. Talking to them, or attempting to befriend them, that is.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Stephanie][SIZE=1']ALL of mine are weird, so I kind of got used to it.[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Amen.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I don't remember as many of my dreams anymore that I used to.

But mine are all pretty boring.

I talk in my sleep though, apparently. My roommate told me that every night I say things like, "No, I don't want to" or "Get away from me". A few weeks ago I started yelling, "I DON'T WANT TO WEAR THAT!" Then my roommate to blow her nose, & I told her to be quiet.

Apparently.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I've had a few strange dreams after events, and I suddenly realised that I had to do something, but the world seemed unsolid and I was half asleep. also I had very little time to do what I had to do so I'd wake up feeling that I had to do something, but then realise I made it up. Another thing is that sometimes I have short dreams of floating in complete darkness and nothingness, which is cool.

THIS JUST IN: Okay, I just woke up, but I had one freaky dream.:animedepr ChibiHorsewoman came by to pick me up from school with two of her friends or something. For some reason, her friends went inside the school for a basketball game and we waited for them to come back out. In the middle of this, some lady with about three Dachshunds came around the corner with a golf club. She was carefully going down the enormous hill in the back of the school toward some dachshund puppies. Out of the bushes came a mountain lion. She sort of jabbed the golf club in its general direction, but then ran back up the hill screaming. Fearing for the puppies, I grabbed the golf club from her and ran toward the mountain lion. I swung the golf club at it and I started barking and snarling viciously. The mountain lion backed off a little, but was still too close for comfort for the puppies. So then I called out, "C'mere, puppies! Who's a good puppy? You are! C'mere! Good puppies!" And they came running toward me. When the woman and Chibi #1 had wrangled up the puppies, I leaped forward and knocked the mountain lion back into the bushes.

After this, we heard a loud roar/groan. I turned around to see an injured rhino coming down the hill. It had one eye missing apparently, as blood poured from its socket, and I'm pretty sure it was missing some teeth. Knowing that an injured rhino is not something you want to deal with or can take down with a golf club, I directed Chibi #1 and the woman around it along with me and the puppies. When all the canines were loaded into the woman's car, I ran inside the school to warn ChibiHorsewoman's friends and everyone in the school. With no pants on. And suprisingly, everyone listened to me! I had just gotten back into Chibi#1's car when I woke up.

I rarelly dream. But when I do ITsw kinda hard to explain. It's like when I go to sleep I'm waking up to another life. I'm still in Louisville except everything is different not different in every dream just different, like in one dream I had my Grandmothers house has one of the swedish/japanese style saunas in the front of it. Everytime I go there in my dream it looks that way. I havent had a nightmare in years. I usually dont sleep long enough to dream though.

I like it when I dream cause I'm alwasy doin something. Everyonce in a while I'll have a unrelated dream like the time I dreamed I was a woman and I was showing somebody my tits and they chased me around the house trying to either suck my nipples or have sex with me. I still wish I'd have another one of those dreams. I should put some of these on my blog, I've written down almost every dream I've had. Those worth writting about anyway.

I remember when I was little I had one of those dream-wakeup to a dream- wake up for real type things. I still to this day swear it wasn't a dream. I had just got to bed and the Booger Man comes out our closet and we had a decent conversation and he wanted my boogers. He was a pretty nice monster, rational too. I was gonna give them to him and he was gonna leave, he said he doesn't even hurt people. For some reason I ran into the living room and when we came back to check it out he was gone and never came back. I never remember literally waking up or goin to sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
I've always had bizarre dreams. For me to wake up not going "WTF? Oh well.." is an odd thing indeed.

Example wise... Once dreamed a guy I was dating turned into a wooden puppet that was talking and talking and talking and wouldn't shut up so I tossed him into a wood chipper. Woke up to find I had also punched him in the face in my sleep. That's only happened twice though... well the punching thing anyway... :animeswea

Backwards almost series of dreams involving zombies. Hard to explain but they all seemed to be linked together almost like parts of a story. Only dreaming from the end to the beginning. @_@

Yeah there are other examples but I think I'll stop there before I end up getting too far into the weirdness. :P "Normal" dreams for me is unheard of.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay, so this one made me doubt my sanity even more than usual. Sleep paralysis again.

I was lying on my bed, looking around for the shadowy thing that showed up in my last two episodes. But it wasn't there. I looked all around, but could see nothing out of the ordinary in my room. Suddenly, I got the feeling I was being watched. I looked at the foot of my bed where the shadowy thing was sitting the first time, but still it wasn't there. Then I looked up. I saw a very small, faint, far away looking face. It was brilliantly white, but it looked very unreal. It was like a disfigured theater mask. Scared out of my wits, I tried to look away, but could not. So I closed my eyes, hoping it would go away. But it seemed as if the face was imprinted on the inside of my eyelids, for it was now closer and clearer. I opened my eyes again, but the face was still there at the same level as it had been when my eyes were closed. I tried so hard to scream, but I couldn't.

Then, I felt as if I were floating out of my body. I somehow made my way toward the window away from my bed. I stared at my body, watching myself writhe pathetically. Afraid that the white face was still in my room, I stayed as quiet as I could. I considered my options. Should I run? How? And where? I was very upset that I couldn't think of anything to do in such as situation, when I suddenly was back in my body and I shot up in my bed. I was sweating a series of rivers down my back, and felt very cold and scared. I was afraid to look up, fearing I would see the face again. Then, I heard a noise coming from the small window by my bed. I jumped a good 5 feet out of the bed and across the room. I still heard the sound of the window screen being lightly tapped. I don't know how, but I made it back to my bed and looked out the window. It was the same Great Horned Owl that had kept me up all night a couple weeks ago with its never ending tapping and hooting. I ignored it, having had enough weirdness for one night, then turned on every light in my room and waited for morning. Now, the window by my bed sits on the roof. And there has been snow for a while. I swear I'm not making this up or trying to deceive anyone in anway, but there were no tracks in the snow on the roof. My friend thinks that perhaps more snow covered up the tracks, and I hope she's right.

I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][QUOTE=TimeChaser]My dreams are always a bizarre mash-up of random stuff floating around in my head. Last dream I remember having included a fancy hot dog joint, a couple of TV chefs (I watch a lot of Food Network) and a UFO invasion...

:animestun[/QUOTE]So you dreamed of UFO's... That reminds me of the time I dreamed of them myself. It's been a while though so the only thing I remember is everyone trying to hide since they'd snatch anyone who got too close. [/FONT]