OtakuBoards

Dungeons and Dragons: Repentance

ExcelExcel

Under the cover of the night, Louise slipped out of the group with Kumi towards a nearby lake that was out of eye's reach from the others. Here, at a certain point of the lake's shore there is a undergound cavern that is concealed by magic from the naked eye. It was a meeting spot for his father's men. Always occupied by two men of the organization.

"A song my good bard?" said one of the men as Louise approached the cavern.

"It-It's me, Louise." he replied with a slight shake to his voice. The man got up from his seat of rock and gave a grim stare.

"A [I]song[/I] my good bard?" the man repeated. His dwarven partner coming from behind Lousie with his axe at the ready.

"Um, I-I forgot the song...." Louise said quite embarrassed. He had the look of a child upon his face. Knowing he would be scolded by his father later on for this.

"Bah! Hahahaha, little Louise. I know that clumsy look anywhere! Bahahahah!" the axe weilding man laughed.

"Blasqu, please, I... It keeps changing and getting longer." he mumbled, again with a bright red face.

"Ah, well met little Louise. I am Dornzy and I assume from his laughter that my friend and you are well aquainted. Your father was getting a tad bit worried about your safety." Dornzy spoke. Louise let out a bit of a sigh and took a seat on the ground.

"I'm not little anymore. So please address me just as Louise, Mr. Dornzy and Blasqu, you old fool." Louise commented with a slight chuckle. Blasqu grunted with a smile and handed Louise a letter.

"Your eyes only, Louise." he said with a laugh. Louise looked over the strange characters on the letter and slowly they began to form into actual words before his eyes.

[I]My son,

I commend your recent actions my dear son. I hear you were quite something, like a bolt of lightning through the fire you went. Incredible son, but it seems that because of this we, the proud Tyolts of Gearlty are being labled as traitors to the Empire. Even now men march towards our land. Son... do not concern yourself with this. Your father and I can hold our own against the very gods of war themselves. Now, Louise the real reason of this letter was to inform you of our status here at home and of your coming marriage to the Eratia family of Hulitia's Umilia Eratia. She will meet you in Barceiles, but do not search for her she will come to you. There is much more to this then you think my son so do not give me that face you are of no doubt doing now.

So, my dear Louise. Go to Barceiles and met up with Umilia Eratia and be careful. I know you are sided with Lady Hope as well as a few others and that your path will be of great danger but, I believe you will all make it through this. [/I]

As he finished the letter his face was like that of a drunkards.

"I-I'm to... WHAT!? FATHER... MOTHER? I-I..." Louise could barely think straight. The news of his family's estate being marched upon was grim news enough, but he was now to be married?

"Little Louise, you look as though a beholder has got a hold of you." Blasqu cackled. Instead of sharing a sarcastic word with him he simply took his leave from the cavern and began a very slow walk back towards the group with Kumi.

"...I'm... I'm to be... married!? What are my parent's thinking at time like this?" he thought.

[SIZE=1]Careful not to wake anyone, Louise slipped off of his horse and rejoined the others as quietly as he could, only to be greeted by a faint whisper.

?[B]It is late, and we are heading out tomorrow morning Louise. Might I ask what you were up to?[/B]? Attakiru had noticed when Louise had departed, but made no commotion, he could already tell that he was no traitor.

?[B]I will tell everyone when the time is right, at the very least I doubt I can hide the recent events[/B].? Louise was under stress, being given difficult news to swallow.

?[B]It concerns me not, I only ask that you are prepared for what is ahead, because you will carry your own weight[/B]. ?

?[B]You needn?t worry yourself on my accord, a man dose not need my vision to see that you have enough to worry about.?[/B] with that, the two were silent for what remained of the night.

[/SIZE][center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

[SIZE=1]Grey skies greeted the travelers as a new day began. Shnorkel had already been awake and was coaxing the others to ready themselves quicker. [B]?Leaving now is best best best! Traveling the path of reeds will be faster and keep us safe from the nasty soldier,?[/B] as the travelers became ready, Shnorkel handed each of them cooked rabbit meat on an arrow. Everyone accepted this with thanks save for Hope and Ayeika. Attakiru made sure that the remainder was not wasted. ?[B]a good pace and we will be there not long after mid-day Shnorkel thinks,[/B]? They set off not long after.

[/SIZE][center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]
[SIZE=1]
The group eventually ventured off the beaten trail onto a path that had probably been a main road once, but over countless seasons been reclaimed partially by nature, at first, there were only a few weeds or inconvenient vegetation, but as they traveled the brush thickened with them. Eventually it became too thick to traverse and the party came to a halt.

?[B]Path of reeds indeed Shnorkel , you spoke true[/B].? Ayeika stated with a hint of bitterness.

[B]?It will be difficult to go much farther with such thick brush[/B]? Lucas shared hiss sisters tone,

[B]?Not a problem[/B]? Attakiru stated calmly, ?[B]Hope, this is actually an opportune moment to give you some sword training. Come over here.[/B]? Attakiru pulled out the Tanto knife he kept in the sleeve of his robe. [B]?This blade was given to me the day I became a man, the knife was made for me, so as you can see, it is quite large.[/B]? Attakiru handed the knife to Hope, who almost dropped it from the surprising weight of the blade. ?[B]The size of the blade is more like a short sword to you, but its weight resembles a longsword, which is my recommendation. When we get into town I will find you one, but until then let us practice by clearing the path for our allies."[/B][/SIZE]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]
[SIZE=1]
The two cleared the way with ease, and soon enough the vegetation eased up and the main road came back into view. They walked beside it until the city was in view. The sun was in the middle of the sky, their destination reached. [/SIZE]

After passing through the brush, a warm wind began to blow, at Lucas' desires as storm clouds clouds began to form overhead, although a bit more slowly than Lucas had sommoned days before. This time, there was no problem. Lucas' powers were in fulll swing, and he did as he so desired with the weather. Ayeika looked troubled, and the two fell back behind the rest of the journeyers.

"Reminded of something?" Lucas asked quietly.

"Yes... I've been here before. There's quite a bit to see..."

"Including us?"

Ayeika sighed. "I don't know, I've never been to the gallery. I.. really didn't want to in case we are something to see there. Seeing you... would have been too much when you weren't with me."

Lucas' gloved hand moved to his throat, and he traced the thin scar hidden beneath his colar. As the city of Barceilies drew closer, they all could see the city watch was in full swing, though right now they were too far away to be spotted.

"Think we'll be able to get in?" Hope asked, curious. "I really don't want to have to fight."

Nodding, Lucas smiled. "Allow Ayeika to handle that for us." Ayeika smiled, distracted from her thoughts. "Sweet talking, eh? Child's play."

"Sister, don't be so modest." Lucas smiled.Looking over to Hope, he eyed her, pondering if her eyes would attract attention. "Ayeika, do we have have some kind of cloak for Hope?"

Bowing to Hope, Lucas apologized. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid the white eyes might give us away."

"White eyes? What are you talking about?"

"You'll see tonight in a mirror. Now, Ayeika, how about that cloak?"

Ayeika shrugged. "Sorry, Lucas. I don't. Maybe we can come up with another plan? Cast Fly on us... then Invisibility."

Thinking for a second, Lucas nodded his head. Speaking some mysterious words which only Ayeika understood, one by one the journeyers each began to feel light, and summoning his strengths, Lucas levitated up, casting his spells on the others.

"Let's meet up just on the other side of the gates. I will disperse with the magics there."

The others agreed, and they all floated over to the other sides of the gate, where Lucdas kept his word once no one was looking.

Ayeika sided with him, and they smiled. "So, where to, now?"

Hope paused to think."Well, we can go talk to the local clergies, or we can go to the art gallery. I'll leave it to you to decide."

Lucas and Ayeika shot each other a glance, and Ayeika spoke. "We'll handle the clergies. We'll meet up with you guys at that inn later tonight." she pointed to an inn, the Starbound Inn and Tavern, and with that, they were off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas and Ayeika walked the streets, passing the local market. Booth after booth of wonderful goods greeted them almost ever step as they asked around about what clergies were in Barceilies.

To their surprise, they found five. Barceilies, after all, was a huge city, bustleing with all kinds of people. The underground faiths mostly comprised of Oldimara, though there were rumors the twins heard of far darker faiths lurking in the shadows. The faiths they did find out for sure were in the city consisted of a large temple to Pelos, god of the sun and justice, Evening Glory, a goddess of love and respecting the memory of the dead through love, Baccob, one of the gods of magic, and Kord, the patron god of athletes. All in all, an interesting match up.

Taking a break after asking around, the two headed to an outdoor restaurant, and ordered several seafood specials, as Barceilies was also a port town. Trying the food, the twins chattered excitedly, not having had such seafood in years. Of course, for them, it was merely a few months, not the span of centuries since Ayeika's rule of the nation of Lossouls. They laughed and made merry, seemingly without a care in the world. However, they were also trying not to think about what the others were seeing at the gallery or what they were doing.

They both could only hope there were no paintings of them....

But, alas, the hopes of the twins would be forsaken.

They had taken off rather in a hurried manner, making Hope suspicious. What were those two hiding? What secrets might be lurinking behind those identical faces?

Hope pushed foreward, her head hidden beneathe a cloak they had bought for her first thing on entering the city. Hope and her allies managed to find their way to the large art gallery and museum. Barceilies was of course well renowned for the beauty of its many buildings and precious artworks.

On findling the building, Hope marveled at the pristine white walls and massive, elegant picture windows.

Unsure of what else to do besides marvel, Hope walked inside, along with Attakiru, Shorkel, and Louise. Louise was in complete awe of the beautiful paintings and sculptures, as was Hope and Shnorkel. Attakiru looked on at the various treasures, and held in his own opinions.

"Welcome, children."

Their heads whirled to the voice, and saw an old female elf. She was beautiful, even for her obvious age. "You have come to see our collections?"

Hope nodded. "Yes, madam. The artworks here are said to span over the ages, and many different art peices are here, each with it's own story. I thought perhaps we might become more enlightened about history by coming here."

"You did, did you? I'm pleased to see such youth taking an interest. But, you have a special reason for being interested, don't you, My Lady?"

Hope's eyes widened. "How...?"

"Does it matter? Come come, the only thing that flows faster than blood are rumors. Surely, from the position you once held, you know that."

Hope bowed her head. "No... I-"

"There's no need for excuses. Here then, follow me and I will take you to what you seek. This peice has been oround for millenia."

Stepping forward, Hope didn't understand what was going on.

The old elf spoke again. "I am Crema. Once upon a time, I escaped from Metedies dominion. However, I am unsure he will come to reclaim me. I've been in hiding for quite sometime, milady. But, How is it you came to escape him?"

"I am his daughter. And I will not rest until the Lord of Decipt is dead. My allies with me have aided me in a dark time of need, and so am I here now."

"Ah. How good of you. Tell me, what does your mother think of all this?"

Looking down, Hope blinked away her tears. "My mother is dead, and has been for years."

"So she has departed, and has not seen this day. Very good, may she rest in peice."

Hope nodded, and looked to a far wall. A large, massive portrait of two young children loomed in at her, their teal eyes staring back at her.

[I]Lucas? Ayeika?[/I] Her eyes stared at the portrait as they walked by. "Can you tell me who these children are?"

"Ah, those two? I'm sorry to say, but I can not. This portrait however was recently aquired from a ruin in the frozen wastes. It's amazing, the eternal cold had perfectly preserved all that was inside. But, all that was brought back was this single portrait. Something in the ruins awoke, and chased them out. Afterwards, the snow surrounding the area began to shift and move, hiding the castle from view." The old woman shrugged. "In all these years, I never thought I'd live to see relics of that long forggotten place. But, this is not why you came, is it?"

Rounding a corner, they came to another portrait.

"Father!" Hope breathed. "What do you know of him?"

"The Lord Dalmasca? Nay, child. This is a portrait of a man named Vincent Deluve. Quite the pirate, really. It's said he had the favor of the goddess Bobileoop. With her at his backing, they were a merciless band of pirates. One always knew it was he behind an attack. Bodies would be strug from the various railings of a destroyed ship, a hollowed carcas of a vessel he had been responsible for."

Turning one of her ancient eyes to the party, she smiled. "Recently, such a manner of destroying ships and the same signature has been seen again, in our time. The Pirate I have spoken of dupposedly died when his own ship came under seige over two hundred years ago. One can only guess who's behind it now."

So amazed was Louise by the great city that he had almost completely forgotten he had his own business to attend to.

"Um, please excuse me for a while. I have someone that I must meet here." Louise said taking a bow to everyone. Attakiru was visibly the only one that gave a quick look to him as if thinking.

"Attakiru... I give my thanks to you." he said in his mind. Louise had developed a great deal of respect from the great man. He wanted to one day be as fine a warrior as him. As he began to walk away from the group a woman with long light pink hair, just about his very own age approached him.

"Y-you are Teyrn Serra's son Louise?" she said with a whisper. She seemed to be a little fearful of him, but Louise was quick to ease this.

"I am indeed, Louise Tyolt son of Serra Tyolt and I assume you are Teyrn Ozen Eratia's daughter, Umilia Eratia." he said with a smile. She was still a little hesitant towards him, but tried to overcome this.

"I-I am Umilia Eratia of Hulitia. I-it's a pleasure to meet you my lord." she said forcing herself to smile. Again Louise was put off by this. She was fearful of him without cause.

"Ms. Umilia, if I may. Please address me as you would any other. My father is a lord not I." he laughed.

"I-I will do so from now on then... Louise." she said with her eyes at the ground. Louise then formally bowed to her and showed her the message he was given. It was still a bit much for him, but he hid it well from her eyes.

"Yes, as you know we are to be wed for the fortune of our two houses." she said again looking away from him.

"You look quite displeased Umilia. We know little of each other, but I assure you now as your husband I will do all I can for you not my house." he pleaded to her.

"Y-you lie... like they all do. I'm nothing more than a... a... WENCH to you nobles! All my life I've have been noting more than a slave. I've been forced to work my entire life..." she yelled to him. Louise was more than just shocked at her outburst. He was horrified. He thought for a moment about her words.

"I-I'm sorry, but I'd rather die then marry you...." she said with heat to her words.

"I... Umilia...." was all he was able to say in response to her. He was overcome with a deep compassion for her at that moment.

"I was sold to the House of Eratia as a mere jewel at the age of seven. I was to be nothing more than a carrier for their bastard children and a face for their ugly image!" she yelled. Her anger towards the Eratias was apparent.

"Sold? They bought you? Tho-those scoundrels...." he replied lowly. It was but the only words he could say.

"Yes, they bought me. With no family to call my own nor to recall, it was nothing more than the right price for a pretty head and the man who owned me was quick to sell to nobility." she spoke with a tear to her green eyes. Louise listened to her words and heeded them to his heart. From them he thought of what he could do for her.

"Umilia... I will see to it that justice comes to the House of Eratia. I may not be the most experienced fighter, but I will do all I can do and more to see to this." he vowed to her. She was surprised by the emotion behind his words. Although, her faith in people had diminished over the years she could feel the sincerity of Louise.

"How? With the group you are with? You would all be killed..." she said yet again avoiding his eyes.

"No, the people I accompany have their own battle to fight. This one is mine. I will ask my father for-" he stopped when he heard her heavy sigh.

"Have you forgotten? The Empire has branded your entire house as traitors. As we speak now a battle is being fought near Gearlty with your father, Teryn Serra Tyolt at the front. To spar even a few men would turn the battle to the Empire's favor." Umilia mumbled.

"Ah... indeed I had forgotten, but no matter. I am the son of Serra Tyolt of Gearlty! My defeat will be of ancient age not by the blade. I promise to you that I will see to it that the House of Eratia falls!" he proclaimed to her. Umilia smiled to Louise and walked towards him stroking her hair.

"And what would you have me promise you, Louise?" she said playfully. Louise's chest was swelled with pride and he was quick to answer.

"That you would be my queen and allow me to protect you. Is that fair, Umilia?" he asked. Umilia's face turned a light pink when she heard his offer.

"Your queen? You mean your lover? Is-" she was cut off by Louise's cough.

"Ye-No! I mean I want to be your knight!" he yelled bright red.

"My knight? So you do wish me to be your lover." she mocked. Louise coughed again. His face brightening more and more with the passing of each second.

"Ye-NO! I-I meant I just want to protect you! Umilia, you are mocking me." he yelled a bit flustered. She laughed and then kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you Louise. For being so kind. I would rather like it if you would stay with me." she said with a bow. Louise smiled to her and turned his attention to a portrait of twins. This picture was so very familiar to him for some reason.

"This portrait... it favors two members of the group I'm with." he said to Umilia. She herself looked over the portrait carefully.

"Where are the two whom you speak of Louise? I didn't see any children with you." she questioned. Louise looked around hoping to see them to make certain his suspicion. The similarities of the portrait and the twins themselves could be no mere coincidence, in fact their ages coincide with that of the young twins in the portrait.

"Lucas and Ayeika? These two twins are without a doubt a portrait of you two when you were younger...." he said picturing them in his mind.

"The Daughter of Evil, Ayeika Iycewind and The Servant of Evil, Lucas Iycewind... I cannot believe what my eyes are viewing." Umilia said in response to Louise's observation.

"How do you know of them Umilia? Only a handful of people know of tales from Lossouls?" he asked her.

"I read many books to... escape my pain. That is how I happen to know of them, but I could ask you the same Louise." she responded.

"I am a bard. I should know many tales as I do and that is one that I learned from my father, but perhaps we should discuss this more with the others instead of between ourselves... we may be mistaken." he said to her.

Louise's mind was racing with far too many thoughts. He wanted to race to his father and mother's side fearing the flow of battle. Even if he couldn't make a huge difference he would try. He still wanted to see to it that Hope was not harmed still remembering her former self, but her altered self awoke a small fear in him and he was not one for revenge. He thought about the possibility of the twins being from the tale of Lossouls, but that he was not so sure of yet, still he felt they were which he would discuss with the group including them personally. His final thought was his promise to Umilia. He felt an overwhelming amount of compassion towards her much like he felt for Hope before her alteration....

Indeed, Louise had a wild storm raging in his mind and couldn't begin to quell it....

OoC: Righty o', since I was asked to point this somewhere this ubbah post was born. Louise seems to have figured out the twins secret, but will the others believe him? Hmmmm... most of all will the twins admit it or keep it a secret? Will Louise still side with Hope? Questions, questions....

• 2 weeks later...
LUCAS AND AYEIKA ARE BACK!

The twins made their way around, inspecting, asking, and smiling their way to information they desired. Ayeika did most of the talking, while Lucas went about the same tasks in his own way. They met up again in the local marketplace, and discussed what they had learned of the clergies. Now armed with new information, they headed back, though not to the inn. Knowing the others, at least in part, they were probably still at the art gallery, marveling at the various works and sculptures. They weren't in a hurry, they were loathing the prospect of walking inside. They often stayed away from such places, they didn't need any attention of any kind, especially with the tortured link they bore to the past. But, on coming to performance plaza, they decided to blow off some steam.

The twins didn't think far too out in space for them to be hunted now in this age and time if they were discovered to be the Daughter of Evil and her Servant, especially with so many of the details of their past forgotten by society.

The twins made their way, talking casually, though nervous. They knew quite well random paintings of them popped up all over the world, and they didn't have a clue why or how they had been pilfered from their castle. At that moment, it began to lightly rain, mirroring their sorrow for their past deeds.

There was one other reason they never tried to see paintings of themselves. It was far too much for them, and an all too vivid reminder of who they once were.

Redemption is a powerful motivator.

They managed to come to the gallery, and each with a deep breath, went inside. Almost immediately, they noted how few people there were, though it was easily possible because of the weather many had left. But, then they came to the painting of themselves. They had been only children, and had no idea the roles they would play in history. Memories bubbled up inside them, both of their eyes watery and on the brink of shedding tears. Not knowing what else to do, they continued on, looking for the others in silence.

On noting them, Attakiru moved behind them, noticing their distant demeanors, and their sad expressions. "So, do you two want to tell us who you are?"

Hope, Shnorkel, and Louise each surounded the twins, and they didn't make a motion to fight.

"Want to explain that painting?" Louise asked, his hand on his sword.

Hope looked on at the two of them, her stark white eyes gazing deep into them. "Speak. I wish to know as well."

Lucas spoke, bowing, and placing his hand on his chest. "Forgive us, but we are not yet ready to admit who we are."

Ayeika bowed her head in shame. "You suspect who we are, and you guess the truth. Lucas, there is no point in hiding who we are, that painting is proof enough." Looking on at the people around her, she sighed. "Come, let us turn in for the night at an inn, and we will reveal everything you want to know. We won't try to escape. However, will knowing who we are change anything?"

Okay, this video is their performance. Yes, they are singing about themselves.