OtakuBoards

Delicious

Claire

[SIZE="1"]Go to the freezer section in your local grocery store and buy Morningstar Original Chicken Patties. They are totally vegetarian, but terrifyingly convincing. I've had to scrutinize the box to be absolutely certain they weren't made of real meat.

Then get some Pillsbury biscuits. Go home and put the biscuits in the oven, warm up a chicken patty in the microwave. Make a sandwich.

Or maybe you'd like a meatball sub? Hopefully you can find Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs. Warm them up in a bowl with some tomato sauce while you toast a hoagie roll with some mozzarella in your oven. Put the meatballs on the sub, sprinkle more cheese on top, and let it melt. Maybe you can find fake mozzarella and make it a vegan sandwich (I haven't tried this yet, but I will very soon).

These things are all I've been eating lately. They are divine, let me tell you. I'm so pleased that there are such amazing imitation meat products out there; in the past three years I haven't missed the real thing at all.

So, what do you eat?

(P.S. - doesn't have to be vegetarian)[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I grate some white cheddar cheese over ordinary white corn tortilla chips and zap them in the microwave for about 45 to 66 seconds, as the new microwave at my new apartment is slightly less efficient than plonking the whole thing out in front of the sun for awhile.

Otherwise I eat whatever rice crackers caught my attention at the local asian market, or sometimes strawberries dipped liberally in sugar.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Clurr'][SIZE="1"]Go to the freezer section in your local grocery store and buy Morningstar Original Chicken Patties. They are totally vegetarian, but terrifyingly convincing. I've had to scrutinize the box to be absolutely certain they weren't made of real meat.

Then get some Pillsbury biscuits. Go home and put the biscuits in the oven, warm up a chicken patty in the microwave. Make a sandwich.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] As a southerner, I laugh at this.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] As a southerner, I laugh at this.[/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yes.

I like to slice up a tomato and put mayonnaise on it with salt and pepper. Blame my grandfather.[/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']Apples with slices of cheese on them are one of my favorite snacks!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

That's just disturbing. Like ketchup and potato chips...ick.

I was stationed in California for a little over a year. Anyone here who knows me knows that I'm from Alabama. Therefore, I like sweet tea.

I had no access to sweet tea for a year.

I have, since coming on board the new station in Georgia, gained three pounds. I blame sweet tea.

And good barbeque.

And good fried chicken.

And Bojangles.

And Waffle House.

And all the other things about the South that make it the glorious and alluring land that I love. Mainly awfully unhealthy food.

Have you ever deep fried a Snicker bar? Go do that. You'll hate life when it settles on your unprepared stomach, but good googly moogly, it's good on the way down.

-Justin

[quote name='Justin']That's just disturbing. Like ketchup and potato chips...ick.

I was stationed in California for a little over a year. Anyone here who knows me knows that I'm from Alabama. Therefore, I like sweet tea.

I had no access to sweet tea for a year.

I have, since coming on board the new station in Georgia, gained three pounds. I blame sweet tea.

And good barbeque.

And good fried chicken.

And Bojangles.

And Waffle House.

And all the other things about the South that make it the glorious and alluring land that I love. Mainly awfully unhealthy food.

Have you ever deep fried a Snicker bar? Go do that. You'll hate life when it settles on your unprepared stomach, but good googly moogly, it's good on the way down.

-Justin[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Apple and cheese is the bomb diggity

also other southern foods that rock:
- creole/cajun
- dumplings
- biscuits and gravy...or honey
- cornbread
- Chick-fil-A
- Zaxbys
- georgia peaches

god we are awesome[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
- Chick-fil-A
[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]
Hey, I work there!

I'm from Michigan, but I've spent a solid decade in Georgia now. Which means I'm pretty hooked on sweet tea.

But I've gotta say I like fried chicken smothered in cream cheese. Very delicious.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Justin']That's just disturbing. Like ketchup and potato chips...ick.
[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"]Ummm I think that you misspelled YUM.
Ketchup chips are fantastic, and frankly, I'm surprised that the States doesn't have them.

Or All Dressed.

Damn, y'alls are missing out.[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]We did have ketchup chips once upon a time. I believe they were from Herr's. I haven't seen them in years though. I prefer to just dip my regular chips in ketchup though. Better flavor that way.

Though I'm a Yankee (or at least was raised one, live in AZ now), I have a definite leaning towards certain Southern foods. I have no idea how I got through 20 years without sweet tea. Seriously, it's like the greatest non-alcoholic drink on the planet, hands down.

That said, I don't like Southern cornbread. Correction - I like northern cornbread way better. Cornbread was meant to be made with sugar (and I always get a kick out of the fact that us Yankees are the one that do it, considering the Southern tendency of having a little tea with their sugar). And grits are some of the most god-awful things in the frickin' universe.

Fried chicken, on the other hand, is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm painfully happy that we have Popeye's and Chic-Fil-A down here in AZ (neither existed in PA, where I grew up). I have discovered that KFC should not be allowed to call their food fried chicken, as it doesn't do proper fried chicken justice.

As for snacking, I like buttered popcorn with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning to top it off. Usually require a box of tissue nearby, but it's soooooo good.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Cornbread depends on who's making it, generally. That is to say, whether or not it's soul food cornbread or country cooking cornbread. Soul food cornbread is sweet, albeit not nearly so much as I have tasted elsewhere. Country cornbread is not sweet, and is best eaten in crumbles in a bowl of milk.

You people with your cheese and apples and chips and ketchup make me want to hurl.

-Justin

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Cheese and apple slices is actually quite tasty. Potato chips with Ketchup... BLECH. As for cornbread, I can't stand sweet cornbread because then it's corn[U]cake[/U] not cornbread. lol [/COLOR][/FONT]

Apples and cheese is quite tasty... as long as you have the right kind of cheese. I myself prefer having it with some Babybel.

Otherwise, I'm a pretty big chip person. I try not to snack on them too often, but dang it if I can't help it. I have to agree with taperson on Pringles too, hot damn.
Probably the best chip brand I've ever had are Kettle chips, though. They make some tasty stuff, like cheddar and sour cream and buffalo bleu chips. Mmm, I'm starting to crave 'em right now. Px

While in New York, I stopped by the hotel's dining area to eat. My sister ordered some weird special that came with a salad, entree and ice cream. Her entree was something that the chef must have stolen from heaven. It was some sort of pineapple glazed chicken and it was by far the most fantastic thing I had ever tasted! In fact, my sister and I both asked if we could hug the chef, but the waiter, thinking we were just joking, turned away laughing...