OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[quote name='Sangome' date='20 September 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1285012074' post='700641']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Thing is, all they're taking down are screenshots. Small pictures. It's not worth getting in a tizzy over. If people want visuals that bad, they can either [b]download the ROM themselves[/b], import, or wait 'til the game is released in their language. Screenshots are still fairly easy to find, too, so people are blowing this up way bigger than it really is.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]This makes it sound like this measure is going to end up resulting in exactly what Nintendo was trying to prevent in the first place by implementing it.

As for me, I'm just kind of baffled as to why they feel the need to do this now. Posting screenshots, sprites and the like hasn't been a problem for the last four generations, why is it suddenly detrimental to their income now? It's not like Serebii is handing out free ROMs to every visitor of their site. He's doing exactly what he did for the last two major Pokémon releases and probably more before that. It's not like seeing one cool screenshot is going to suddenly make you decide you don't even need to play this game anymore because you've already been satisfied by the one screenshot.

Honestly, if I hadn't already heard about Famitsu giving this game a perfect score, I'd wonder if this was the video game equivalent of not being screened for critics.[/font]

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Professor' date='20 September 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1285015154' post='700644']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]This makes it sound like this measure is going to end up resulting in exactly what Nintendo was trying to prevent in the first place by implementing it.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh, I'm aware.[/font][/color]

[quote name='The Professor' date='20 September 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1285015154' post='700644'][font="Comic Sans MS"]As for me, I'm just kind of baffled as to why they feel the need to do this now. Posting screenshots, sprites and the like hasn't been a problem for the last four generations, why is it suddenly detrimental to their income now? It's not like Serebii is handing out free ROMs to every visitor of their site. He's doing exactly what he did for the last two major Pokémon releases and probably more before that. It's not like seeing one cool screenshot is going to suddenly make you decide you don't even need to play this game anymore because you've already been satisfied by the one screenshot.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]It's because of the aforementioned [i]admitted[/i] ROM usage. WPM/PokeBeach openly admitted to using a ROM, and it was shortly after that that they received the C&D. Had he not openly admitted that, then Nintendo wouldn't have had a legal leg to stand on. I guess no one futzed up and admitted ROM usage beforehand.

[b]late edit:[/b] Also, the fact that this could possibly be a very elaborate hoax hasn't entirely been ruled out yet. Just keep that in mind. [/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' date='20 September 2010 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1285015618' post='700646']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]

[b]late edit:[/b] Also, the fact that this could possibly be a very elaborate hoax hasn't entirely been ruled out yet. Just keep that in mind. [/font][/color]
[/quote]

Do you [b]really[/b] think the Japanese Pokemon site would have it on their website if it was a hoax?

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Eh? I don't follow; the C&D is on Pokemon's official Japanese site?

Edit: PokeBeach has gone into detail about the fiasco; I guess the issue isn't about ROMs after all. So I do apologize for jumping the gun, but now this ordeal is just giving me a giant headache.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Oh! Sorry, no, I meant that there was still the possibility that the C&D itself was fake, not the games. I was initially skeptical given how much 2ch likes to screw around with western fans, and this sort of thing isn't above its western expy's brand of antics, either. But those're seeming less and less likely now that this is apparently real.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
[b]Yay, the Max Revive worked! XD

Anyways, both versions? O.o Wow, that must be fun. I can only choose one.

I still don't know which one to choose though! ><

I like the Pokémon in Black and the Black City, but I don't know. White Forest sounds nice for catching new Pokémon. What do you think Chibi?

Oh and what will you name your starters on both versions?

So what starters and versions is everyone else choosing?[/b] Edited by Lilt

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Preordered Pokemon Black, so I'm going with that. I wanted Black City, the Gothitelle line, and Reshiram way too much.

As for the starter I am choosing, unless I have a last-minute change of heart [always possible], then I'm going with Snivy. I love its final evo to death. <3[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1298994023' post='705397']
[b]Yay, the Max Revive worked! XD

I like the Pokémon in Black and the Black City, but I don't know. White Forest sounds nice for catching new Pokémon. What do you think Chibi?

Oh and what will you name your starters on both versions?

So what starters and versions is everyone else choosing?[/b]
[/quote]
Clever~
Also, I would go with white. It has the forest and that ectoplasm-looking Pokemon. I'm only getting black to complete my Pokedex and to get Reshiram because I love it.

My starter with be a Tepig named Samuel. Like Samuel L. Jackson.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1299015911' post='705410']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]
And I'll be starting with Snivy because the other two are peasants.[/font]
[/quote]
FILTHY AWFUL LIES. Tepig is like a marvelous prince and his final evo is a BAMF.

[B]Thanks, chibi. I'll get white then. I just need to change my pre-order if I can.
I realized I would miss out on Poochyena and Zekrom if I did get Black.

Just let me know if you get any extra Gothita on your Black version okay?

I just want Tepig as a starter because she's the only starter that gets a second type when she evolves I think? Or do the other starters get a second type when they evolve?[/B]

[b]I actually missed Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald so I forgot about Blaziken.

But come on, how can anyone say no to this face?

[center][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2nth2s2.jpg[/img][/center]

I think I'll name her Pino. (Pronounced 'Pee-Noh')

Also, instead of Pokémon Black I think I'll get the new version that adds a new legendary. I don't know what the new legendary will be like, but I heard it will be the best one yet.[/b]

[center][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2nw292a.jpg[/img][/center]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfvvk5xigkw[/media][/center]

Who'da thunk that they'd actually manage to successfully turn that insipid BINGBONG that plays when your Pokemon's HP is critical into something [i]awesome and catchy[/i]?[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1299171018' post='705458']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfvvk5xigkw[/media][/center]

Who'da thunk that they'd actually manage to successfully turn that insipid BINGBONG that plays when your Pokemon's HP is critical into something [i]awesome and catchy[/i]?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

aaaahhh. how delightfull! the original BINGBONG sounded like all your nails scratching a chalkboard.
this one sounds like a hundred nails going down a chalkboard!

So the short answer is: no.

[quote name='Pioneer' timestamp='1299177966' post='705459']
aaaahhh. how delightfull! the original BINGBONG sounded like all your nails scratching a chalkboard.
this one sounds like a hundred nails going down a chalkboard!

So the short answer is: no.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Fine with me, bro. More for me.

[center][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2w4wu1k.jpg[/IMG][/center][/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Welp, I've now obtained Pokemon Black. It's time to say goodbye to what remains of my social life.

My GameStop was surprisingly not crowded at all [there was a line for HG/SS last year]; I was able to walk right in and get it. There was a crowd of people hovering outside of it doing...something [I assume the Victini event], and there was also a table set out for people to trade/battle/whatever. Still saw several people walking around with Gamestop bags and DSes, though.

Oh, and they also had Pokeball cookies. I had one, but I couldn't finish it -- I nearly died from the sweetness overload. But I thought they were cute. XD

But yeah. Welcome to Gen V, folks.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1299438363' post='705517']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Welp, I've now obtained Pokemon Black. It's time to say goodbye to what remains of my social life.
[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Welcome to the club.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1299483578' post='705521']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Any type preferences among anyone else?[/font]
[/quote]
It's not like I explicitly like the type, but I seem to always love the Fire type Pokemon. I want pretty much all of the ones in the game, and I shall have them because I gotta catch 'em all. I'm training up my Sandile named Big Mama for the battle with Elessa at the moment.

My team at this moment:

Samuel: A tricksy Pignite with insecurities about his weight. Very protective of his team.
McMuffin: He's my second favorite to Samuel. This guy one-hit-K.O.'s everything he comes near. He eats Patrats like snacks. A Herdier with a Scottish heart.
Skeepy: She's a Tranquill that doesn't take crap from anybody. Very quiet.
Bismark: Named for the German Otto von Bismarck who coined the term "Blood and Iron", this Blitzle is actually kind of shy despite his name.
Big Mama: A Sandile with a nasty temper and taste for Electric types' blood.
Hamukiki: An adorable Darumaka that I'm carrying around until I find a Solosis. He's kind of irritating, really.