OtakuBoards

Discussion & Suggestion time

Persona

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#800080"]We all know and love our famous Graphics worm. Gotta love the use of creativity and brushes (and so forth). I've actually wanted to do this a while back. Not sure if it was due to the fact..that we had one of these (What I'm about to talk of soon) before. Can't recall honestly.

Thought it'd be nifty to have something along the lines of a graphics worm. But drawing wise. We have plenty of wonderful members who love to draw I'm sure. It'd be nice to have members with different styles come together and do a drawing project.
[b]
The idea is:[/b]

To sign up if your interested to draw. Once a list has been created of the participants. The first person to go will be given a handicap (Since their first). Which is the ability to draw any theme they like. Once they draw it (Either colored or black/white), they submit it with the following.
[b]
Their work
A theme for the next drawer.[/b]

Hopefully it doesn't sound complicated. It can be just like that or a drawing worm. I think having the images flow together sounds cool in some way. But that's a second option. Also we can do something along the lins of this:

I can give a list of themes and people can choose which they like to draw. Such as a theme of the seven sins.

Bleh I'm blabbering. I have it in my head how I want it. I just suck at typing it down correctly -.-...ugh. I need sleep.

What's your input upon this? Also any ideas of what else we can do drawing wise?I hope it doesn't sound foolish and whatnot. Simply something I wanted to do here.[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Persona

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I think this could be a really cool idea, especially if we can actually get all the drawings to connect and create a panorama like the Graphics Worm. It has some nice possibilities.
[/color][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#800080"]I'm glad you think so. I'd love to see how we can all connect our pieces to on another. Just hope to get more opinions about this idea and se where it can go from there.[/color][/size][/font]

I like the sound of this. Not everyone is able to use brushes/knows how to use brushes (Personally, I don't like them.), so this is a nice idea to get even more people involved. I'd be up for it, I know that much. :)

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#800080"]I do agree with you., about not everyone uses brushes and such. Not everyone is comfortable doing graphics or they simply like to do both. Great to know you'd participate! [/color][/size][/font]

I love the idea. I personally like to do both traditional art and digital. I would participate in this if we can figure out a way for it to work. The only request I have is to give people a little more time then with the graphic worm. For me it takes me longer to do a traditional art then digital.

[quote name='Cat' date='06 June 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1275804106' post='694705']
I love the idea. I personally like to do both traditional art and digital. I would participate in this if we can figure out a way for it to work. The only request I have is to give people a little more time then with the graphic worm. For me it takes me longer to do a traditional art then digital.
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#708090"]
That's a swell idea, to do both traditional and digital art. I have no problems with that at all. I too thought about the time expiration for handing in one's work. When we get all those who wish to join, we can discuss proper times and such. It's nice to have a group effort. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='AnimeArchAngel' date='06 June 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1275846745' post='694744']
Yeah, I would love to participate in this! I'm definitely better at drawing than with graphics, so I'm glad you proposed this idea. :lol: I also agree with Kei, it would be pretty cool to see if we could connect them somehow. Can't wait to see how this goes!
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#9932cc"]Sweet. Glad you like the idea and willing to participate. We've gotten some good suggestions so far for this drawing project, that's a god start. So far five all together for this. Hopefully we can get another set of members to want in and we can get a discussion on how to go about all this going. Once we get it all packed down and we start, I'm sure more would join and who knows how it'll go.[/color][/size][/font]

Sounds like a great plan! I was just talking with some members about starting more little fun projects in the Art Studio, especially with some more attention to other art forms than the typical digital art like used in signatures and such.

One topic that came up was the game started by Sara called 'Draw My Character' where a person would post their own character and the next would post their drawn version of it. Then they'd post their own character for the next person to draw.

I think the time limit with that drawing project was 72 hours. An idea for this one too?

Also it might be hard to actually align the drawings unless the edges are really extremely simple, when it comes to drawing, but you can be quite flexible with that. Though I was thinking that maybe it'd be fun if instead of one continues panorama kind of view, we could play like the whisper game where the first person whispers in the next persons ear and they whisper what they heard into the third person's ear etc. etc. But then with art! :^D But thats an other idea altogether, sorry bout that. :X

I like both ideas Lady Shy. I think right now we are trying to see how many people are interested in doing projects. The art studio needs more fun projects now with the whole new upgrade server thing.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='06 June 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1275860289' post='694751']
Sounds like a great plan! I was just talking with some members about starting more little fun projects in the Art Studio, especially with some more attention to other art forms than the typical digital art like used in signatures and such.

One topic that came up was the game started by Sara called 'Draw My Character' where a person would post their own character and the next would post their drawn version of it. Then they'd post their own character for the next person to draw.

I think the time limit with that drawing project was 72 hours. An idea for this one too?

Also it might be hard to actually align the drawings unless the edges are really extremely simple, when it comes to drawing, but you can be quite flexible with that. Though I was thinking that maybe it'd be fun if instead of one continues panorama kind of view, we could play like the whisper game where the first person whispers in the next persons ear and they whisper what they heard into the third person's ear etc. etc. But then with art! :^D But thats an other idea altogether, sorry bout that. :X
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]AH! That's what it was, the: Draw my character. That's what got this idea going way back then. Lol. I love both ideas a lot. When we get all the participants, we can all discuss these suggestions and see what we come up with. Indeed we need to make the Art Studio more lively, full of color and styles. That makes six members all together. Let's hope to get 4 or more takers. As Cat said, we're waiting on how many members we can get to join. Once we reach 10 though it's a go. [/color][/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Alright I do think 7 is enough to get this project going. What do you say? I'd like all six of you if you can to fill this form out:

What do you think the maximum amount of time is needed, to submit one' work?
What type of Drawing Project should it be or consist of?
When would you like to start all this?

Feel free to say anything else you think is needed.[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Persona

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I think Boo's idea of making the time limit 72 hours is a good one. Three days should be plenty of time now that it's summer and people don't have that much to do (unless they have a job or so). But there should be an option for a small extension of extenuating circumstances or the person can opt to just be skipped for that go-round.

As far as the project itself, I was thinking that something like an action-reaction thing could be fun, i.e. the first person draws a character doing something and the following artists draw a character reacting to that action. Once everyone has gone, the next person can start a new action chain. That's just a little idea. I dunno if it would work.

Also, I'll be on vacation for the next week, so if I were to take part (which I want to), I'd rather it start after June 16. > >;
[/color][/font]

What do you think the maximum amount of time is needed, to submit one' work?
I like Boos (Lady Shy) idea of 72 hours as well.

What type of Drawing Project should it be or consist of?
I'm really not that picky when it comes to projects. If I had to chose I like the Draw my Character Idea or Kei's action-reaction project.

When would you like to start all this?
Whenever is fine. I can start right away or wait a few. It don't matter.

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#4b0082"]Alright so far a 72 hour mark has been mostly suggested. I myself think that's also a good enough time for anyone to finish their drawing. The action reaction sounds pretty darn awesome. I love that idea and that can work with no hassles.

Now I do ask about the size. How do we go about it?

Ah before I forget, I do think we'll get this project going near your date Shy. So you can always be put in the bottom of the list to have time.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='10 June 2010 - 03:04 AM' timestamp='1276153446' post='695001']
Think you mean Kei, no?

But the Action-Reaction plan has my full support. I ruv it. And it'd be awesome if it would become a crossmedia project too!
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#4b0082"]Lol! Yes I did mean Kei. I was confuzzled at the time. Man, what a blooper. Action-Reaction seems to be what we'll be aiming for. Oh crossmedia project?[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Persona' date='10 June 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1276189764' post='695028']
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#4b0082"]Lol! Yes I did mean Kei. I was confuzzled at the time. Man, what a blooper. Action-Reaction seems to be what we'll be aiming for. Oh crossmedia project?[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

I think what Boo means is by cross media is people can use different mediums. For example one person might use pencil and paper and the next might use charcoal. This would give a variety to people and not leave them to constricted. I'm not sure if Boo also means to have digital mediums be used as well though.

[font="Garamond"][color="#0000ff"]Ah I see. Sounds great. I think we can start this next week, so it'll give some time to do what we have to do. I'll post more detials later. Just wanted to reply back quickly.[/color][/font]