Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]That's not what I heard Korey. Something Ikillion said about snow. Where it doesn't snow.

Anyway now it's hot again after two days of nice 60 degree weather. I finally hit on the genius plan of parking my laptop sized fan in front of the side window in my shared bedroom and shooting the ensuing stream of cold air right across the edge of my bed. It blows all my posters on the wall and all the pollen in a 10 mile radius right into my bed. But hey at least it's cool at night!
[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
Ah, yes... Cool nights... The last time Detroit had a cool night was apparently 2-3 nights ago, but it feels like it's been forever. Saturday night felt so sticky and muggy. My room is usually the coldest in the house (got this overpowered fan and huge windows) but even my room couldn't surpass the hot-sticky air. So freakin uncomfortable. I was only able to get 3 hours of sleep. Woke up around 12:30m only to find out we were at 76 degrees... X_X.
Posted
[quote name='Magus' date='13 June 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1276455733' post='695197']
Ah, yes... Cool nights... The last time Detroit had a cool night was apparently 2-3 nights ago, but it feels like it's been forever. Saturday night felt so sticky and muggy. My room is usually the coldest in the house (got this overpowered fan and huge windows) but even my room couldn't surpass the hot-sticky air. So freakin uncomfortable. I was only able to get 3 hours of sleep. Woke up around 12:30m only to find out we were at 76 degrees... X_X.
[/quote]

Ugh, I know how you feel. It is currently... [checks phone] 92 degrees outside and 75 degrees in the coolest part of my house - which is NOT my room. -__-
Posted
Sunday was the warmest day that Eastern Washington had yet. Other than that, it has been sunny, rainy, stormy just about every day.
Posted
[FONT=Calibri]A person died this past week at Bonnaroo. His internal temperature was 108.

I'm pretty anal about staying hydrated in the summer, except for two things. I don't like being outside at all in humid weather (gets harder to breathe, and I don't breathe enough as it is), and I don't like stopping what I'm doing every ten minutes to take sips of stuff. So I'll go for about an hour and a half or so doing whatever I need to do at the time, pit stop hard for Gatorade and water, and then head back out in it.

Incidentally, prepping with one of those 12oz "shot" bottles of Gatorade (come in twelve-packs) makes a heck of a difference.[/FONT]
Posted (edited)
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"] Internal temperature hot enough to boil water.

Note to self, avoid.

Let's see, my car hasn't had an air conditioner that worked since 2007. My driver's side window is gone because a moron wannabe hippy crashed into my driver's side door. In short, driving in my black car is hot business. I try to drink water, but driving stick and unscrewing caps of bottled water is hard work. [/color][/size][/font] Edited by Raiha
Posted
[color="#008000"]Well in Ohio its been raining at night, making the next day like 89 degrees and 90% humidity, it just plain
sucks![/color]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha'][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I try to drink water, but driving stick and unscrewing caps of bottled water is hard work.[/color][/size][/font][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]I just leave the cap unscrewed and stabilise the bottle between my legs. Should be easier for you, anatomically speaking.[/FONT]
Posted
Hey, Raiha specified she didn't want me in this conversation! Ooooh, I am SO replying.

It's hot here too - AND it's winter. Like, scarily warm for June... usually by now I'd be all coats and gloves and scarves, and I'm yet to break any of those things out. We're waiting to see if winter is just holding back...

Not to mention what summer will be like this year if it's not. Might have to move to Melbourne.
Posted
[color="#008000"]Huh, well its about 11:30 am right now in Ohio and it actually feels really nice outside. there's a breeze outside and it feels like 72 out, ahhhhh.=) [/color]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='18 June 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1276788486' post='695471']
[FONT=Calibri]I am tempted to call copyright infringement on your avatar.[/FONT]
[/quote]

Call all you want, honey... B)
Posted
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]It's hard for her to hear down there in that barbaric wasteland.

Anyway it's back to cold and windy up here. Which is nice, except again, with a broken car window, the temperature in my normally 90 degree car is now hovering around 50. At least my heater is effective.
[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Raiha' date='18 June 2010 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1276822944' post='695490']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]It's hard for her to hear down there in that barbaric wasteland.

Anyway it's back to cold and windy up here. Which is nice, except again, with a broken car window, the temperature in my normally 90 degree car is now hovering around 50. At least my heater is effective.
[/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

50?!! That's around the hottest temperature recorded in Os-trayl-yah! How are you still alive?! Oops, gotta go... it's lunch time!

*runs off to kill a goat with my bare hands*
Posted
So, of course, I had to go and wish for rain. Coming back from North Carolina this week, we got stuck driving 25 MPH on a 75 road because the rain was so bad we couldn't see and the wind kept trying to blow us off the road. Certainly cooled things down for about... 2 hours?
Posted
[quote name='Ravenstorture']50?!! That's around the hottest temperature recorded in Os-trayl-yah! How are you still alive?! Oops, gotta go... it's lunch time![/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]That's Fahrenheit, hun. 50 Celsius would be ridiculous.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Ravenstorture' date='17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1276824761' post='695493']
50?!! That's around the hottest temperature recorded in Os-trayl-yah![/quote]

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Oh right. That's farenheit dear not centigrade. Of course someone from that part of the world wouldn't know such a thing.
[/color][/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...