OtakuBoards

Toy Story 3

Claire

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just saw this a couple hours ago and I am still picking up the pieces.

I cried a whole bunch. It has the most bittersweet ending ahgkhfgklhlkhglkhfklhgl. The rest of it is either funny or stunning. The sum of the parts is AWESOME.

So go see it. Right now, if you can. You can't afford to waste any time not seeing it. What if you die before you get around to it? You don't deserve that.

This may be the most perfect movie ever made.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Just got back from seeing this, and I am in 100% agreement with you. I think it might even be my favorite in the series.

I too cried like a baby. ;~; And then turned right around laughing my butt off. Saying any more would ruin the experience, so I'll just leave it at that. Everyone needs to go see this, though; Pixar has done it yet again. <3[/font][/color]

I really loved this film. It had been so long since I saw the first two that I'm not sure how they compare, but this was easily the most powerful and entertaining film I've seen in ages. I'm really eager to see it again. Spoiling anything about it would be a crime, so I'd rather not go into any specifics. See the dang movie already!

-Shy

Absolutely the best film of the year, followed by How to Train Your Dragon. Once again Pixar knocks it out of the park. Seriously, the people working there are BRILLIANT, and are producing the best movies of this generation.

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I liked the majority of it, but was frightened to death by the monkey.

Seriously.

Pretty sure my favorite part was the hard reset and accidental rebooting section. If only because my girlfriend speaks the language and was laughing so hard she cried. Which was contagious.
[/color][/size][/font]

I can't get over this movie. I feel like my life has been changed for the better, which is not something I've ever gotten out of a movie. I also can't stop crying. I'm so emotional.

I've seen it twice and I'm hoping to see it a third time - my sisters and I are practically begging my mom to take us to the IMAX showing, but I'm afraid the tickets are too costly for her taste.

I'm also getting a Toy Story 3 cake for my birthday. I was seriously considering asking for Buzz and Woody toys, but I think I'd better herald in my nineteenth year with something more mature and practical (like college money, ugh). At least I have a Buzz Lightyear flashlight that glows in the dark.

[quote name='Raiha' date='22 June 2010 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1277224999' post='695810']
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I liked the majority of it, but was frightened to death by the monkey. [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
That guy and the baby were pretty freaky. But then again, those monkey toys and baby dolls are inherently terrifying in general.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I actually thought Big Baby was cute in a rather weird, grotesque kind of way. I also felt really sorry for him when [spoiler]Lotso told him that Daisy didn't love him anymore. It would be like if you told an infant their mommy didn't love them anymore, and they understood what you were saying. ;_;[/spoiler] Oh, and him [spoiler]pushing Lotso into the dumpster was a pretty big crowning moment of awesome for him.[/spoiler]

Totally agreed on the freaking monkey, though. Good grief. :blink:

I wanna go see it again...like, really bad. Toy Story was my first big obsession when I was a wee kindergartner, and having the series age with me and the rest of my generation was a rather brilliant move on Pixar's part. It's a heartbreakingly beautiful movie, it really is.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Vivian' date='24 June 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1277421952' post='695949']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I actually thought Big Baby was cute in a rather weird, grotesque kind of way. I also felt really sorry for him when [spoiler]Lotso told him that Daisy didn't love him anymore. It would be like if you told an infant their mommy didn't love them anymore, and they understood what you were saying. ;_;[/spoiler] Oh, and him [spoiler]pushing Lotso into the dumpster was a pretty big crowning moment of awesome for him.[/spoiler][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, Big Baby had its moments, but [spoiler]when the toys are sneaking out of Sunnyside and find Big Baby sitting on the swing is a little unnerving. And then just a moment later it has a major Exorcist moment and the music just shrieks and it's scary.[/spoiler]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I saw it and loved it. Great end to the franchise and only narrowly losing out to 2 for my favorite of the trilogy.

One thing that concerned me for a while was [spoiler]Lotso getting pushed in the dumpster. I knew he was a bad guy and he really did cross the line telling Big Baby that Daisy didn't love him anymore, but he was hurting about that too. After all, the guy's entire motivation was his refusal to grow attached to anyone for fear of being rejected again. If you look at it like that, he's probably the biggest victim the movie has.

And then he tried to kill Andy's gang by running off like a rat bastard instead of pushing the stop button on the incinerator. After Woody saved his life.

After that little moment, I just wanted to see more of him fastened to that semi grill.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm going to force my parents to watch [i]My Neighbor Totoro[/i] now just so they can understand the cameo.

EDIT 2: I really need to start thinking of these ahead of time. I love how Ken and Barbie were animated. Those awkward, jerky robot movements perfectly conveyed how hard it would be to move around without knees and elbows. It's the little things that impress me the most sometimes.[/font] Edited by gallowsCalibrator

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='01 July 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1277944808' post='696234']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]
EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm going to force my parents to watch [i]My Neighbor Totoro[/i] now just so they can understand the cameo.[/font]
[/quote]

[b]There was a cameo? Now I might need to go see the movie.

I'm not sure still though if I want to go see this one. I only watched parts of the first and second Toy Story movies. I get the general story idea, but if this is the first Toy Story movie I'll sit through, would I even enjoy it?

Normally I would just run out and see it, since everyone seems to like it, but I can only choose one movie to watch this month.

Oh and has anyone seen it in 3D?[/b]

I cried a little at the beginning, then shook with the full force of my sobs at the end...

I had to show my mom and sister my [i]My Neighbor Totoro[/i] DVD cover after the movie. I was so giddy when I saw that guy!

The movie was beautifully done and one line that many may not remember or care about stuck with me. [spoiler]It was from when Buzz was put in demo mode. Hamm was playing the harmonica and Buzz said, "Quiet, musical hog!" [/spoiler]I don't know why, but that just made me spit out my Sprite, I was laughing so hard! It would play in my head at the most inappropriate scenes and I would giggle-snort!

I knew that [spoiler]Lotso was going to abandon the toys when he got to the button, but I was still so pissed when he did! Woody saved that guy and he turns around and sends them into an incinerator?! I have never wanted to slap a stuffed bear so badly in my entire life![/spoiler]

Big Baby [spoiler]scared the bejesus out of me! Every time he was in a scene, I had to choke down a whimper! I felt a little sorry for him, but he was just so freaking disturbing!!![/spoiler]

Now, if you don't mind, I believe I have some plastic and stuffed friends to play with. Edited by chibi-master

[b]Chibi! :biggrin: You know me pretty well. Should I take a chance and go see it? And did you see it in 3D?

Oh, and even though I haven't seen any Toy Story movies, I did like the Incredibles, Up, Aliens Versus Monsters, etc.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='30 June 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1277947221' post='696237']
[b]I'm not sure still though if I want to go see this one. I only watched parts of the first and second Toy Story movies. I get the general story idea, but if this is the first Toy Story movie I'll sit through, would I even enjoy it?[/b]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]There are a few inside jokes and continuing plotlines that are definitely enhanced if you've seen the first two, but it's not required. The story does just fine as a stand-alone piece and you should be able to enjoy it still even if you haven't seen the first two. My suggestion is to see if you have a friend you can borrow the first two from, then go see it after that. If you can't do that, go ahead and go to the movie without seeing the first two, but make sure to watch the first two before it comes out on DVD so you can fully appreciate the callbacks when you get to see it again. The first two are well worth your time even without the third one, though.

Anyone else looking forward to [b]Monsters, Inc. 2[/b] next year? The [b]Toy Story[/b] world was a fun ride, but I can't wait to explore more about the universe [b]Monsters, Inc.[/b] is set in.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Lilit, you absolutely must see this movie. I was ever so slightly skeptical if they would pull it off as beautifully as they did, but oh my GOSH it blew all my expectations clear out of the water. It's so worth it. It really is. Although I highly, [i]highly[/i] suggest seeing the first two movies first. While they're not completely necessary for enjoying movie [i]tres[/i], most of the reactions here come from people who grew up with the first two movies. Pixar does a brilliant job of tailoring it to both newcomers and oldies alike, but it's really more enjoyable if you've seen the first two.[/font][/color]

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='30 June 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1277944808' post='696234']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]EDIT 2: I really need to start thinking of these ahead of time. I love how Ken and Barbie were animated. Those awkward, jerky robot movements perfectly conveyed how hard it would be to move around without knees and elbows. It's the little things that impress me the most sometimes.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Dude, Barbie herself kicked so much freakin' patoot! Patoot is a funny word. Anyway, she's probably one of my favorite characters from this movie. It was like this big conglomeration of all her past careers melded into one awesome super Barbie. Totally loved what Pixar did with her.[/font][/color]

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='30 June 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1277955717' post='696249']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Anyone else looking forward to [b]Monsters, Inc. 2[/b] next year? The [b]Toy Story[/b] world was a fun ride, but I can't wait to explore more about the universe [b]Monsters, Inc.[/b] is set in.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I didn't think it was 'til 2012...anyway, I'm looking forward to it now, too. I was apprehensive since we'll be getting three sequel movies three years in a row, but after TS3, there's no doubt in my mind that it'll be awesome.

That said, I'm still pretty disappointed that [i]Newt[/i] has apparently been canned, or at least delayed for the time being. Out of all the movies that they had announced back in...I think it was '08, that was the one I had looked forward to the most.[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='30 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1277944808' post='696234']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]EDIT 2: I really need to start thinking of these ahead of time. I love how Ken and Barbie were animated. Those awkward, jerky robot movements perfectly conveyed how hard it would be to move around without knees and elbows. It's the little things that impress me the most sometimes.[/font]
[/quote]

I love how all the different toys move in their own unique way. When Woody runs he really appears to be made out of cloth, just flailing about. My friend told me they perfected the Army Men's movements by having people try to walk with their feet attached to a board.

My mom bought the Toy Story 3 Wii game today, woohoo! Edited by Tonks

[quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='30 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1277944808' post='696234']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]
EDIT 2: I really need to start thinking of these ahead of time. I love how Ken and Barbie were animated. Those awkward, jerky robot movements perfectly conveyed how hard it would be to move around without knees and elbows. It's the little things that impress me the most sometimes.[/font]
[/quote]

It was interesting because sometimes it seemed like they had no joints, yet other times it seemed like they did. I did love those two, though! [spoiler]Especially the scene where Barbie destroys his clothes...[/spoiler]

[quote name='Vivian' date='01 July 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1277955795' post='696250']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Lilit, you absolutely must see this movie. I was ever so slightly skeptical if they would pull it off as beautifully as they did, but oh my GOSH it blew all my expectations clear out of the water. It's so worth it. It really is. Although I highly, [i]highly[/i] suggest seeing the first two movies first. While they're not completely necessary for enjoying movie [i]tres[/i], most of the reactions here come from people who grew up with the first two movies. Pixar does a brilliant job of tailoring it to both newcomers and oldies alike, but it's really more enjoyable if you've seen the first two.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[b]
Thanks Vivian. :biggrin: Actually, I think I'm going to see it tomorrow in 3D. So no time to watch the first two. D: I'll watch them when I get back, since I'm sure I'll be curious to see how it all started.

Did everyone here watch it in 2D or 3D?[/b]

I didn't watch it in 3D seeing as I wear glasses and without them my vision is crap on a crusty biscuit. Whenever I have to watch 3D, I have to wear the goofy cardboard glasses over my regular ones and I give myself a headache. I made this mistake watching [b]Up[/b], you see. I accidentally bought tickets to the 3D version and was in agonizing pain through the whole movie.

I just saw it today... I loved it...
the movie was not to big on the excitement factor but everything else was wonderful.
I was wondering why people were saying it was sad, and then [spoiler] when the ending came i actually cried... oh... no spoilers... im just kinda embarrassed [/spoiler]
what an amazing sequel... cant wait for four. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='chibi-master' date='02 July 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1278054170' post='696321']
I didn't watch it in 3D seeing as I wear glasses and without them my vision is crap on a crusty biscuit. Whenever I have to watch 3D, I have to wear the goofy cardboard glasses over my regular ones and I give myself a headache. I made this mistake watching [b]Up[/b], you see. I accidentally bought tickets to the 3D version and was in agonizing pain through the whole movie.
[/quote]

[b]Don't worry, I went to go see it in 3D for you! :biggrin: (This emote is replacing my lost cat face grin if you haven't noticed yet. XD)

I'm glad I listened to everyone and went to go see it. Now I just need to rent number one and two.

Isn't this supposed to be the last one though? Or are they making a fourth?[/b]

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1278378659' post='696612']
I just saw it today... I loved it...
the movie was not to big on the excitement factor but everything else was wonderful.
I was wondering why people were saying it was sad, and then [spoiler] when the ending came i actually cried... oh... no spoilers... im just kinda embarrassed [/spoiler]
what an amazing sequel... cant wait for four.
[/quote]

There probably definitely won't be a fourth Toy Story movie. It would just ruin the most perfect ending Pixar already accomplished.

I hope they don't start making sequels to all their old movies, though. I heard there's going to be a second Monsters Inc.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]As of right now, there's a Cars 2 planned for next year, and Monsters Inc. 2 planned for 2012, along with Brave, which is original. I'm personally looking forward to Monsters Inc. 2, but why they have a sequel to [i]Cars[/i] is beyond me. Granted, it's the only Pixar movie I've not seen yet, but...I want a sequel to The Incredibles, dangit! I'm also still miffed that Newt got canned, or at least delayed for the time being. That was the one I was looking forward to the most!

And as far as Toy Story 4 goes, Lee Unkrich, the director, says that he's flattered that people are asking for a fourth one, but there's currently no plans to make one. [Although, supposedly, the Pixar Short before Cars 2 next year is going to be about Toy Story. I'd go see it just for that.][/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

Saw it last night, definitely my favourite movie of the year so far! HILARIOUS! And extremely clever... who thinks of all of that stuff? The tortilla... the mrs potatohead eye wormhole... I recommend it to everyone but I'm not sure it's much of a kid's film... just that there's so much in there that would go over their heads.

Like pretty much everything to do with Ken. Ken was the star of the film, I reckon... Spanish mode a close second.

• 2 weeks later...
Walking into the theatres to see this movie I expected two things. The first I expected to see a movie that I grew up on, one that would bring back that old feeling the other movies did. The second being, I wanted to see Buzz and Woody back in the game doing what they do best.

And I was not disappointed.

I won't go into detail of the movie since that would be spoiling the whole experience. I couldn't and didn't care less about the 3D elements that they SUPPOSEDLY had in the game. It really didn't improve or cause any damage to the film's enjoyment factor. It seems that 3D movies is all the rage and Disney\Pixar wanted to stay in that race with the technology. To each is their own I suppose.

Overall I got exactly that what I wanted. I felt like I was 10 years younger watching the movie. The music is still in there, the lovable cast is still in there, the comedy is still in there, and sad to say, I cried at the end. It was touching, made me feel exactly how I would in the given situation.

I give Pixar a thumbs up for once again making an excellent movie. They have not let me down in making a good quality film. I only wish some other film companies would take their example in story quality heh.

But I guess that is too much to ask.