Jump to content
OtakuBoards

us or them?  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. What editing software do you use the most?

    • Photoshop
      9
    • Editing software other than Photoshop
      4
    • Paint is all i need
      0


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
i have had cs5 extended edition for a while now, and though i am not sure what is new from four (my last one was cs2) I can say there is a lot of neat new features.
though the main selling point of the cs series is the 3D support. the picture editing software has made strides as well. especially a certain tool.
[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKjs8ZjQNg&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded[/url][/media]
with the ability to remove objects and have the computer fill the void is neat trick... its not perfect but its a lot quicker to patch up the editors attempt than doing it all yourself. also the resizing function works really well. combine it with a sharpening mask and you can make any reduction look like an original.
if you dont wanna watch the whole video i dont blame you... but skip to the part with the cracked roof building 2.20 and the kid in a grocery isle 3.19 and tell me if that doesn't look amazing.

also there are a few details about the workbenches id like to mention. so i added a screenshot Edited by CaNz
Posted
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I know this is about software, but I decided to move this topic to the Art Studio forum. It just feels like a more natural fit here. :)[/font]
Posted
sorry i put it in the wrong spot... i am usually pretty good with that kinda thing
most people do use the software for art...
Posted
Its pretty nifty depending on which Photoshop you had last. I'm used to CS4 thanks to my digital arts classes. I really saw little difference between the two. Just a few bugs being fixed here and there. It is however, a great leap from CS2. The only problem I have is how much memory it takes to run any of the Adobe editing programs. My poor computers just can't do it.
Posted
cool! so you have tried it. it dose take up some space, but my dell laptop seems to work perfect with it.
and its cool that you know the difference between cs4 and cs5.
they come up with new software every two years or so... and i just have not had a need for a new one till now (i left my disks at my old house and i got a new computer) so i got the upgrade... plus for some reason cs5 is easier to get then cs4.... i dont know why.
Posted
I have noticed the same thing. I wonder why that is. Even though I don't really see a difference in the Photoshops, however there is more of a difference in CS4 and CS5 Illustrators. It seems like they are trying to make Illustrator and Photoshop into one program.
Posted
i donno if thats the case, but illistrator programs have come a long way. i think people just always want more for the money, (man is it a lot of money) and th ability to use high end editing software in an illistrator program and even though the 3d capabilities in cs doesn't really match the vector work of illustrator, you still can finish some projects in similar ways.
Posted
Money is another big issue for me. Luckily, this year I can get the student edition through my school at a decent price. I haven't tried CS5 Indesign yet though. I'm interested to see how it differs from CS4. I heard they put a lot of effort into it fixing it.
Posted
when software price ranges up past the 500 dollar point.... yeah... that hurts everyone.
i wouldn't have it i flowed all of the rules...

I never understood why it costs so much. what do they pay thereemploiess if the sale has to be a 400 net gain per unit.
Posted
[quote name='Citric' date='11 July 2010 - 11:56 AM' timestamp='1278874610' post='697115']
Tabs have been there since CS4 and I hate them.
[/quote]

I do too. They never work for me, no matter what I do.
Posted
well... they work for me... clicking the top part just seems too easy to mess up... and if you need more than one thing open... windows still work. what other choices are there?
Posted
In my classes I tend to use the tile view of the documents. This way I was able to work on more then one thing with out switching from tab to tab. It would get my teacher really mad when I did that, the advantage though was finishing the projects early.
Posted
i just like being able to use the full screen... but thats probably because i have bad vision... plus tabs help me when i have a ton of pictures i am useing in a collage. I used to be scrolling for an eturnity or looking for windows... but now i can stay organized easily. i will put alll the tabs of one thing in one window then place all the pictures of thing 2 in a second window and so on.
Posted
well windows work well for that... and if you dont use windows then you can just pick duplicate layer and switch its destination to the other tab. both of those are ridiculously simple.

oh! i just made a gif with my new photoshop... its pretty much identical to cs3 i guess.. but i do like how they incorperate traditional widows commands, like shift and ctrl to select multiple frames. the saving option seems like it got a tune up... but i could be wrong, there is just a ton of options.
Posted
tabs do have there disadvantages, but they work really well for certain things. i would be working with windows before, and id have so many at once that id need to minimize them, then have to click on all of the tiny boxes to pick them up later. I dont use tabs 100% of the time, but i am glad they are there.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]That video blew my mind. There's just no way dramatically manipulating an image can be that easy.

Everything is shopped now. There are no more legit photos. I won't believe it, lol.[/font][/color]
Posted
[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='24 July 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1279930636' post='697721'][color="#006400"][font="Arial"]Everything is shopped now. There are no more legit photos. I won't believe it.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

This.

Though I wonder of some pictures how they look from up close. With the ruin thing I can imagine the roof has some really repetitive stones, for example. I'll have to get my hands on this to make the world a weirder place.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR=#35425e]Mmm... CS5 looks delicious! I especially love the way it resized the man/cow image.

But for my purposes, my CS3 serves me just fine. I am hoping for a drastic revamp of the Layer Styles function though. Being able to pick which styles go above which (i.e., Pattern Overlay over Color Overlay) would be a big plus!

About the tabs, I hated them at first too. But like Office 2007, the system grows on you. I think they added the tabs because new features will just make 7's interface more confusing sloppy, and therefore, less user-friendly for those who are using Photoshop for the first time.[/COLOR]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
[color="#4169E1"][color="#48D1CC"]I actually managed to get myself the entire CS5 master suite, and I gotta say... Im very impressed with photoshop, but what im most impressed with is Illustrator!
I dont know if there any actual graphic designers here who do more than just signatures on photoshop, but Illustrator really blew me away with its perspective tool.
Im quite happy that photoshop cleaned up its layout and added some more 3D tools to work with.

CS4 was bullshite, CS5 is actually worth converting to.[/color][/color] Edited by Endrance
Posted
i here illustrator is great.... i am just having too much fun in the normal software to try it.
i never had CS4 but any differences mentioned could help.

currently i am working with the animation.
i like how you can make a slide by showing what is vi sable.
i lined up layer after layer for a recent gif and just clicked the eyeball icon and made a perfect gif in no time.
Posted (edited)
I love illustrator, maybe more then photoshop. I mostly use it to do digital drawing with my bamboo pad and vectors. I like how clean it makes lines. I do like photoshop more for coloring my sketches. The masks make it easy for shadings.

Examples of Vectors
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/333755/billy_idol_vector_art"]vector 1[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/337868/solitary_man"]vector 2[/url] (The background was raster. I got sick of this one real fast)

Digital drawings with bamboo bad.
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/339162/oc_kirstin_lebeau"]DD 1[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/337862/the_heartbreak_kid"]DD2[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/339653/david_bowie"]DD3[/url] Edited by Cat
Posted
[color="#4169E1"]Im the same when it comes to digital art. Sketch and lineart in Illustrator, CG in photoshop. Unless of course im doing graphical design works such as logos or brochures, then the entire image needs to be a vector. Thats why im much more accustom to Illustrator rather than photoshop I suppose.[/color]

[quote name='Cat' date='16 August 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1281915577' post='699458']
I love illustrator, maybe more then photoshop. I mostly use it to do digital drawing with my bamboo pad and vectors. I like how clean it makes lines. I do like photoshop more for coloring my sketches. The masks make it easy for shadings.

Examples of Vectors
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/333755/billy_idol_vector_art"]vector 1[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/337868/solitary_man"]vector 2[/url] (The background was raster. I got sick of this one real fast)

Digital drawings with bamboo bad.
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/339162/oc_kirstin_lebeau"]DD 1[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/337862/the_heartbreak_kid"]DD2[/url]
[url="http://www.theotaku.com/fanart/view/339653/david_bowie"]DD3[/url]
[/quote]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...