OtakuBoards

Witch Hunter: Awakening

OMNOMNOMALY

[center][img]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6373/awakening0.jpg[/img][/center]

[font="Garamond"][i]Itâ??s been 3 years since I found out that I could use The Craft. Make that 3 years, 8 months, 3 days, 16 hours since I found out. I still remember the overwhelming loss of control coupled with a surge of power that I felt. It was like I had tumbled into this deep dark hole and I was staring up at the world from the bottom of this pit. Everything was distant; distorted. And I would call out and call out but no one would look in on me.

I screamed for what felt like hours. I had been in my room one moment, reading a book and the next it was like someone had pressed the mute button on the world. There seemed to be this great disconnect between my mind and my body. And then there was nothing, a flash, and then nothing again.

And then just like that, I was snapped back into my body, back on the surface of the earth and I knew that something was different. I told my parents what had happened and they exchanged looks like they just knew. That day was also the day that I found out both of my parents were seeds.

A seed is what they call a person who is descended from a craft user from long ago, you know. Iâ??d heard the term a lot when I was growing up but I never really understood what it meant until after my own powers showed up. Suddenly there was this whole other aspect of myself that I had to be very wary of and not to give in to, just in case it took over and I awakened.

My name is Elena Ward, I am 26 years old, I am a craft user, and I am the head of New STNJ. I can usually control electricity. Or at least, I try to.

Fourteen years ago it was discovered that The Factory was taking witches captured alive and experimenting on them, using their bodies as the basis for this witch-repellant liquid called Orbo. After the headquarters were destroyed and the people in charge were caught and incarcerated, a new organization was formed. They called it Hope. This time not only would they try to capture witches alive but they would also try to control them and rehabilitate them. Hope is working on a cure for those who awaken, something that will eradicate their powers completely. Orbo has since been discontinued, the remaining vials were destroyed. We use an artificial type of Orbo that is similarly effective but for shorter periods of time, so hunts are never supposed to go over 2 hours or things can get a little bit messy.

There is some bad news, though. Not everyone responsible for overseeing the Factory was caught. To this day weâ??re still not sure where theyâ??ve gone and that canâ??t bode well. They had some powerful contacts in the hunting world and they also hated witches, craft users and seeds alike. We could all be in danger now.

Thereâ??s been an increase in the amount of awakenings in the last year. Weâ??re not sure why or how but something is making this switch in seeds and craft users flip. And suddenly theyâ??re out of control. And then before we can hunt them, they go missing. A lot of seeds have also been turning up dead, usually by the hand of a craft user. New STNJ have really got their hands full, not only with the usual hunts but also with all these weird things going on in the world of seeds and craft users as well.

We have a lot of work to do.
[/i]

Hello hello and welcome to my first RP attempt, based on the anime series 'Witch Hunter Robin.' No you don't have to have seen it to participate, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll fill you in as best as you can. More holes will be filled to the starting point of the story in my first post. Participants will be chosen based on their sign ups, I probably won't take everyone or I may request you pick a different classification. I obviously don't want all craft users as this will be too dissimilar to the anime and less interesting if we don't have a lot of variation. Hope some of you decide to come and play C:

Name:
Classification: (Craft User/Human/Seed â?? if you choose Craft User, what is your power and how controlled is it?)
Years with New STNJ: (Rookie? Seasoned vet?)
Appearance: (pic is great, description of regular attire)
Personality:
Why/how you got involved with New STNJ:
Snippet, probably either a journal entry about what's going on within STNJ right now and your thoughts on it. Some insight into your character. Do you hate witches? Think powers are more like a disease? Etc. You could also do a journal style type like I did, or even write about when you joined. Just some background/history. Whatever.

My own:
Name: Elena Ward
Height/Build: 5'3, slight build.
Classification: craft user of about 2 years, power of electricity, control over it ebbs and flows, varying almost daily, much to her frustration.
Years with STNJ: 3
Appearance:
[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2406/tumblrl2y1l4hi9k1qzb9hg.jpg[/img]
Usually appears in very casual clothes, dark skinny jeans, high tops or flats, graphic tees and hoodies, always in her glasses as she hates contact lenses. When on a hunt she usually wears all black.
Personality: Elena is outspoken, loud and stubborn but friendly. She has the utmost respect for her team-mates but will not hesitate to harass them if they're out of line. She is slightly neurotic and despite her casual appearance her office is always ridiculously tidy.
Why New STNJ: After her powers appeared, her parents urged her to seek contact with a group that could help her understand what being a craft user meant as well as possibly find a place that could help her train her powers and get them under control. Bored with real life, she applied for NSTNJ and never looked back.

I'm very excited at the potential for this and I hope you'll give me a chance to get this off the ground =) If you have any questions about this, please feel free to post them or just PM me![/font] Edited by Anomaly

[font="Comic Sans MS"][font="Century Gothic"][color="#000080"]Name: Sekeiri Sanderson

Classification: Human

Years with New STNJ: 2

Appearance: [url="http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/Olera/anime/animewoman.jpg"]Sekeiri[/url]
She is usually seen in faded hip hugger jeans and a black, form fitting tank top; black combat boots and dark sunglasses complete her every day attire. Normally seen with a cigarette in her mouth as well and seems to continuously fiddle with the silver cross around her neck. The photo was taken of her celebrating New Years.

Personality: Laid back and good natured she can some times seem to be the most level headed person around although she does have a tendency to get out of hand as well. She has a hyper side and loves a chance to let loose and have fun but with every coin she has two sides and her temper seems to be able to rear it's head just as swiftly as her hyper side.

Why/how you got involved with New STNJ: She had history with the local police inforcemant, she had been trying for years to join early before her 25th birthday but was refused every time. Her scores be exceptional and her marks being above average in almost every field she participated in she was selected without a second thought to be a part of the New STNJ.

Snippet:
Two years ago today...hard to believe I've been here that long already; yet here I am. I never thought that I would ever make something of my self like I have now, I mean hell it feels like just yesterday when I was trying to become an officer in my neighborhood and now here I am hunting witches.
.....Witches....
That word makes me shiver...and not cause I have a problem with them or their powers, not at all; but I feel sorry for them. I mean how hard would it be to have this power dwelling deep inside you that you have no control over? One minute your fine, having Sunday dinner with your boyfriends parents and the next they're all frozen like giant human popsicles...not pretty...or even if your at the movies with friends and a scary part of the movie makes you scream; next thing you know the building is burning to the ground with your friends trapped inside it....Again...not pretty.
But even still I respect them more than anything, I don't think I would be able to handle something like that...makes me glad I'm neither a Craft User or a Seed....
Oh, Craft Users are people who have powers and can control them somewhat, while Seeds are those who have the power but don't know how to tap into it or even know that have it...or some thing like that. I'm not really sure...didn't pay enough attention to the damn brief for the rookies again today to really know what the hell I'm talking about...I always seem to do that, lose my train of thought that is...But anyway, seems like something big has this place off kelter lately; people have been going missing, showing up dead, or even missing than dead...it's all really weird and I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them while they talk to us. I'm more of a field learner if you catch my drift...I pay more attention if I'm doing something. I get bored easy it seems...and it seems I'm bored with this.

Sekeiri took a long drag off the cigarette hanging from her lips and exhaled the smoke and giving a crooked smile to no on in particular as she shut the small notebook. Pulling the dark shades over her eyes she rose from her desk and opened her door, grabbing her cigarettes, keys, wallet, badge, and phone from her desk as she exited her room. She would head to the dining hall and blow some time there, maybe get a bite to eat...maybe harass some of the others in the building. All depended on how she felt when she got there. But for now, she was just content to lurk the halls puffing on her cigarette.[/color][/font][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Name: Felix LeBeau
Classification: Seed (knows he carries the witch gene)
Years with New STNJ: four years with the old STNJ.
Appearance: [img]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/cb_vincent0031.jpg[/img]
He normally leaves his hat behind, but a black cloak is common for him. Underneath that is a normal uniform.
Personality: Usually the silent type, He doesnâ??t usually get too personal with others, However he places himself in front of all danger when he thinks it is necessary. He could take a bullet for a stranger, and definitely for the team. He also loves animals.
Why/how you got involved with New STNJ: Prior experience as a hit-man. Convicted and freed on the condition that he worked for STNJ.
[font="Garamond"][b]
â??Your pardon is valid weather you join up with HOPE or notâ?¦ you donâ??t really need to be here at allâ?[/b] one of the rookies had apparently gotten wind of his past.[b] â??Whatâ??s making you stick around?â?
â??I donâ??t need a reason to shoot a gun, just a finger.â?[/b] Felix turned to look his questioner in the eyes, causing him to swallow involuntarily.
[b]â??Iâ?¦ uhâ?¦ never mind. Sirâ?¦ just making conversationâ?¦. See you laterâ?[/b] Felix doubted it. The people who stood up to fight witches need a resolve, and that man couldnâ??t even look him in the eye. To Felix a craft user could be a dangerous threat or a powerful ally. He really doesnâ??t think he needs either one, so getting as many out of the way as he can suits him just fine. Michael Lee approached him.

[b]"Strange isn't it? when we first got here we couldn't wait to get out. This was just like any other prison, except for hard labor and a few benefits we were on lock-down." [/b]said Michael.

Felix nodded, "[b]after all the complaining we ended up coming back after all... makes me kind of glad they didn't give me a choice[/b]."

Michael smiled, [b]"yeah, I still wont forgive 'em for keeping me cooped up in that headquarters. at least you got some to get some air!"[/b] Felix let out a sigh, [b]"Hey,I woulda fought a caster with my bare hands if I could get out of that desk. speaking of desks, I have one for you."[/b]

They took a walk down to the elevator. After descending two floors the doors opened to a newly revamped shooting range. the targets were placed on a series of pulleys, some were far away and some were close up. Michael directed Felix to the small room surrounded by what could only be stainless steel and bullet proof glass windows.
[b]"The bomb shelter is yours, for now at least."[/b] he handed Felix a keycard. [b]"I will be counting on you for firearm and hand to hand training, as well as tests on craft users, got that?"

[/b]Felix looked at what few would call an office. [b]"I got it."[/b]

[/font] Edited by CaNz

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#006400"][b]Name: Laurence "Locke" Vallence

Classification: Craft User; teleportation; Laurence discovered his powers only 6 short mothos ago while attempting to rob a local gas station. As he was emptying the cash register the store clerk burst out of the store room with a sawed off shotgun, he saw the barrel flash and then was lying face down in the middle of a half-flooded street with no recollection of what had occured, only an ominous feeling of dread and terror tingled through his body.
Years with New STNF: Locke has only been a member for 3 short months since being rescued from a HOPE facility.

Appearance: (See attachment)

Personality: Laurence was always one who couldn't be trusted, always feeling like an outcast he choose a path of solitude based on whatever petty crime he could pull to keep himself going. He is a practical joker, but usually not the kind people like around. His pranks were always pulled on strangers, and as such tended to border on cruel. His short time in STNJ hasn't improved his social graces, but he has seen the bond many of the agents possess, and yearns to find that same.

Why/how you got involved with New STNJ: After the initial feeling of dread left Laurence, he became aware of the prospect of these "powers". No more knocking over little convienient stores, instead he would hit a bank or two and be set for life. Instead he made the mistake of trying out his powers too soon, instead of appearing in the bank he wished, he appeared smack in the middle of a crowded mall where two ex, but still very active, Factory agents. After being grabbed and taken to a facility, Laurence suffered painfull torture and experiments until he'd given up on life. Then after two months STNJ agents busted the facility and rescued Laurence and several others.

Snippet: Day 90...

I'm more exhausted than I think I have ever been; I am impressed with the training regiment assigned to me though, its really helped me control my 'jumping'. I don't jump just because I get startled anymore.

Next week is supposed to be big, some of the higher ranking agents are set to try me as an 'escape' teleorter. Since I have to have some sort've knowledge of my destination in order to take more than one person with me, they plan on having me accompany them and act as an escape pod.

I guess I could be ready, they're postponing the training of my powers and having me concentrate on combat training for the next week. I was hoping my first field mission was to be an easy one, apparently I was hoping to much.

[/b][/color][/font]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][b]Name:[/b] Sandy Matthews
[b]Age:[/b] 13
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Classification:[/b] Craft User - Water Manipulation: In the short time Sandy has had his power he has quickly adapted to it. While the extent of his actual manipulation is minimal (he cannot expand water, manipulate more than 2 litres of it and he cannot freeze the water or manipulate ice to any extent) what he can manipulate he can be deadly with. Fortunately the innocence of a child has saved him from using his power for evil and he simply carries a water jug on his back for dealing with bullies. He's unaware he could kill someone with the water, so he mostly uses it to throw water punches to prove a point.
[b]Years with New STNJ:[/b] Sandy was recruited only a few weeks ago.
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9099/boysellingwaterbykinly1.jpg[/img]
[size="1"]([i]minus the wooden plank around his neck... and the cactus[/i])[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b] Losing his Mother at an early age, Sandy was always a fairly quiet child who preferred observing over socializing. This, combined with constantly moving due to his Fathers job with the military, caused Sandy to never make any real friends and so mostly he was just picked on. When he discovered his power, Sandy found the courage inside him to stand up to the bullying. Kids around the playground began to recognize Sandy as a hero rather than a quiet loner and Sandy relished in the praise, almost too much.

That's when New STNJ swooped in and took Sandy under their wings. It's taken getting used to, and Sandy misses his father, but he doesn't miss always the moving around. While New STNJ isn't really meant for children, Sandy is a rare exception that they believe to have a lot of potential. They hope to mold him to be the perfect STNJ agent.

Enjoying his new life at STNJ, Sandy has grown to be a little more talkative but mostly it's to satisfy his curiosity. While he can be quiet, Sandy enjoys helping those in need and has recently found himself having deep intellectual discussions with complete strangers, learning a lot about the world in the process. Most adults are astounded by his maturity, always following orders and always on task, and he is even being considered for a field mission in the near future.
[b]Why/how you got involved with New STNJ:[/b] A fight with a bully got too heated and Sandy knocked the boy unconscious with a water punch to the temple. It made the local newspaper and the event caught the attention of New STNJ who then swiftly recruited Sandy into their ranks.

[i]Snippet in progress...[/i][/font][/color]

[font="Garamond"]Hello lovelies,

Great sign ups so far, I hope you are as excited as I am to get this off the ground. I'll try to do something after Thursday of this week (3 exams down by then, yay!). I'd be so down for a few more players but I'll start with or without more and it's not out of the question to add someone later.

Again, glad you're all willing to take a chance with me on this, lets see what we can do
C:[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm interesting in participating in this Anomaly but I've yet to finish Witch Hunter Robin to get a full understanding of the lore behind the series (exams atm), if it's OK would I be able to submit a sign up in a week or so and start later ?[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='07 December 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1291750243' post='702480']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'm interesting in participating in this Anomaly but I've yet to finish Witch Hunter Robin to get a full understanding of the lore behind the series (exams atm), if it's OK would I be able to submit a sign up in a week or so and start later ?[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]I'd love to have you and that would be totally fine with me, perhaps you could be a new recruit found somewhere else by headquarters and shipped over to us. Lots of possibilities. Good luck with your own exams, and I'll see you on the other side![/font]