OtakuBoards

What I Never Got

NeonMuffinBot

I have asked for a stupid easy bake oven every year since I was 5 and am still waiting for it. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/whatever.gif[/img] Every girl I knew had one but me, and I REALLY wanted one. I won't ever let my parents hear the end of it til' I get to make a crappy cake using a light bulb.[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif[/img] Is there anything you wanted for Christmas that you put on your list every year and never got? Edited by NeonMuffinBot

I never got an easy bake oven. I never wanted one either. I am wise to not ask for anime or video games. If I did ask for them I wouldn't get it. Though surprisingly my parents buy me Doctor Who books. I learned to not expect anything and appreciate what I do get. Afterall it is the thought that counts.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I have the ultimate "What I Never Got" story. Although it happened so long ago that I can't really remember all the details.

But basically, when I was around five or six years old, my aunt and uncle were planning to go to the U.S. with my cousins and take them to Disneyland. It was this really huge thing (especially for a kid living in Australia) and best of all, they told my parents that they were planning to take me as well! So I was really, really crazily excited for the trip. I'd even planned - at the age of five/six - what souvenirs I was going to buy on the plane.

And then, at the last minute, it fell through. They went, but I didn't. I'm not entirely sure why - as far as I know, they were always going to be paying for it. As an adult I don't blame them at all (given that I now know how expensive it is), but can you imagine what that's like for a little kid?

It [i]hurt[/i], man. :([/font]

[quote=Japan]I learned to not expect anything and appreciate what I do get. Afterall it is the thought that counts. [/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]I agree and I was much the same as a child. But in my case, this vacation was [i]offered[/i] to me. And then taken back. Ouch.

Edit: It is therefore appropriate that I now have Shinji as my avatar, haha. :P[/font]

When I was younger, I usually got what I wanted for Christmas (N64, GameCube, doll houses, EasyBake Oven xD). But now I am a teenager and with the bad economy and all, it changed. =/ My mom always just gets me clothes and stuff like that now (and I would always end up taking half the stuff back to the stores >>; ). ._. Everything that I wanted, I would have to go out and buy it myself with saved up money--PSP, laptop, games, and movies. Christmas isn't all that fun for me anymore. >> And I never got that PS3 yet. ._. Edited by Lyndy

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 December 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1291586134' post='702399']
oh, I wanted a kitten for forever. i still want a kitten. the only cats i ever had were alive before I was.
[/quote]
OHMYGOSH when I was little I had a pretty unhealthy obsession with cats so in 6th grade when I moved I finally got one :D I wuv her so much =^^=

[quote name='Japan' date='05 December 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1291587142' post='702401']
I learned to not expect anything and appreciate what I do get. Afterall it is the thought that counts.
[/quote]
Yea :/ I was going to buy one with my own money and my parents said I was tooo old for it :P

[quote name='James' date='05 December 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1291588251' post='702403'][font="Palatino Linotype"]

But basically, when I was around five or six years old, my aunt and uncle were planning to go to the U.S. with my cousins and take them to Disneyland.
It [i]hurt[/i], man. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img][/font]
[/quote]

I went to Disney when my sister and I were around 2 so we didn't remember it. So for summer we begged parents to take us and they did :D We were like the oldest kids there XD

[quote name='Lyndy' date='05 December 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1291591276' post='702404']
(and I would always end up taking half the stuff back to the stores >>; )
[/quote]

I never thought of that... haha

[font="Garamond"]Hooray consumerism!!!!

except the trips those are less consumerism-ish so it sucks when you're that young to feel like you got promised something and then have it fall through :C unfortunate. I don't remember ever being really disappointed so I guess I sucked it up, tried to enjoy what I got and got over it.[/font] Edited by Anomaly

consumerism is the American way!

you may be fine with making do with what you have, but its my right as an American to b***h and moan until i get my name brand shoes, Ipod nano 100Tb touch screen Mp3 player and my new new new Droid with gravitational dampener so that it can float.
i also want a pony.... a pink one...

[quote name='CaNz' date='05 December 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1291586134' post='702399']
even I got an easy bake oven, (but like you said, every girl got one)

oh, I wanted a kitten for forever. i still want a kitten. the only cats i ever had were alive before I was.
[/quote]
Kittens die, what you need is a good pair of boots. haha worst Christmas present ever.

When i was 6 i was obsessed with DRAGON BALL Z!!!! All i wanted was dragon ball Z books/clothes/movies/video games/ and action figures.
For my christmas i asked for a goku action figure to replace mine that my sister thought was funny to rips head off [size=2][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/pout.gif[/img] For Christmas i got socks, a sweater that was to small and one of those "birthday/christmas presents" which was a book about something i didn't cared about. (don't remember what like i said something i didn't care about)[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]Anyways, after my discovery of no goku action figure.. i asked where there ideas of there gifts came from... my sister... who claimed i was to old to play with dolls! ugh... most painful time in a young boys life when he is "to old" to enjoy what is basically LIFE at the time to a boy. Never will forgive my sister...[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]
[size=2]As i am now older i realise how selfish i was, i mean sure it was exactly like the christmas story but without the suprise BB gun that i indelibly shoot my eye with. But there is always worse, i mean that god awful pinkish red sweater could have fit me![/size]

[quote name='CaNz' date='08 December 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1291862943' post='702552']
NOOOO kittens don't die!
they go to this really nice farm and live forever with the cows that give them as much milk as they want! :pout:
[/quote]

Oh yeah! i completely forgot about that place my bad, didn't mean for the scare there.[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
the only thing I asked my parents was for them to buy me a puppy. I used to have a black puppy but then it died because of some reasons. 

Anything before that, I did not ask for anything. Then until now, no puppy. So I stopped asking and get contented with what I have and what they give me. 

Your post reminded me James. I had two opportunities to go to Japan and Brazil and there were promises that I would get to go to both. ( and when the first trip to Japan fell through my junior year, I was promised to go when I was a senior. However the teacher failed to mention that he was only going to Japan every two years. I never got to go and a 10th grader took presidence over me on the initial trip just because she was going to Greece next year. )

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]When I was 16, I really wanted a car, and I asked several times for one. But my parents shut me down every time. Eventually I got over the disappointment; that is, until my sister received a car for her 16th birthday. It makes me sad in my soul, but such things build character. Right?[/color][/font]