OtakuBoards

My FF8 Fan art

grapedog

I really enjoy the expression you put on Julia's face and it's amazing because it honestly looks like how she is. It's as if you were on the FF8 team yourself. Both pieces are impressive, but I do have some thoughts where you could improve. The way you did Quistis' arm is a bit awkward and I feel like you might have rushed it a bit. The rest of her looks fantastic and I think that's why the arm seems singled out. You spared no labor on her chest, and it really shows. Julia is probably my favorite, though. I just can't get over how you did her face. I would love to see how you do the other characters. You have me beat.

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1296086605' post='704392']
I really enjoy the expression you put on Julia's face and it's amazing because it honestly looks like how she is. It's as if you were on the FF8 team yourself. Both pieces are impressive, but I do have some thoughts where you could improve. The way you did Quistis' arm is a bit awkward and I feel like you might have rushed it a bit. The rest of her looks fantastic and I think that's why the arm seems singled out. You spared no labor on her chest, and it really shows. Julia is probably my favorite, though. I just can't get over how you did her face. I would love to see how you do the other characters. You have me beat.
[/quote]
Sir you have clearly mistaken her Whip for her arm I believe.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1296038421' post='704361']
I do love artists that make me look good!
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"]
[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]That comment, my dear friend, made me smile.[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1296038421' post='704362']
[img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/doggygrapes.jpg[/img][size="7"][b]: [/b]I'M AMAZING ARTS. [/size]
[/quote]
[size="3"][color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]That took me a second to get.. I'm slow. But I get it now and I love it! :3

And as for the art. Very unique.[/font][/color][/size]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][s]...Spoony? Is that you?[/s]

Oh goodness gracious. This just took my breath away. Like, everyone on the face of the earth ever needs to give up on their artistic aspirations. This, my friends, is the new gold standard.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1296095531' post='704403']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][s]...Spoony? Is that you?[/s]

Oh goodness gracious. This just took my breath away. Like, everyone on the face of the earth ever needs to give up on their artistic aspirations. This, my friends, is the new gold standard.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]That hurt, Gome. I will never give up my artistic aspirations! If I give up, I might never have the chance to draw art like this. I am content with my artwork like it is now, but this artwork just inspired me to draw more. It's just... I have no words for this artwork. Maybe if I try hard enough, I might be as good as you, grapedog! Or even better! ...but that is just absurd for me to ever think that.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1296097592' post='704408']
[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]That hurt, Gome. I will never give up my artistic aspirations! If I give up, I might never have the chance to draw art like this. I am content with my artwork like it is now, but this artwork just inspired me to draw more. It's just... I have no words for this artwork. Maybe if I try hard enough, I might be as good as you, grapedog! Or even better! ...but that is just absurd for me to ever think that.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Today's gold standard will be tomorrows pile of crap.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1296100773' post='704427']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Easy for you to say. You, sir, are a modern-day Da Vinci.[/font]
[/quote]

Well thank you :) . Due to this great response to my drawings, I have decided to put them on Zazzle. So far I have yet to completely figure out everything with Zazzle, but I do have a mug on there for those who might find it a great way to start their day!!!