grapedog Posted January 26, 2011 Posted January 26, 2011 [attachment=15014:q.jpg] [attachment=15015:julia.jpg] I have chosen to include my lovely rendition of Quistis first, and then Julia done in my unique stylings.
Boo Posted January 26, 2011 Posted January 26, 2011 (edited) [img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/doggygrapes.jpg[/img][size="7"][b]: [/b]I'M AMAZING ARTS. [/size] Edited January 26, 2011 by Boo
grapedog Posted January 26, 2011 Author Posted January 26, 2011 thank you to all who downloaded my work.
CaNz Posted January 26, 2011 Posted January 26, 2011 [quote name='Boo' timestamp='1296038421' post='704362'] [img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/doggygrapes.jpg[/img] [/quote] Okay that is just freaking adorable.
Dragon Warrior Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 I really enjoy the expression you put on Julia's face and it's amazing because it honestly looks like how she is. It's as if you were on the FF8 team yourself. Both pieces are impressive, but I do have some thoughts where you could improve. The way you did Quistis' arm is a bit awkward and I feel like you might have rushed it a bit. The rest of her looks fantastic and I think that's why the arm seems singled out. You spared no labor on her chest, and it really shows. Julia is probably my favorite, though. I just can't get over how you did her face. I would love to see how you do the other characters. You have me beat.
grapedog Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1296086605' post='704392'] I really enjoy the expression you put on Julia's face and it's amazing because it honestly looks like how she is. It's as if you were on the FF8 team yourself. Both pieces are impressive, but I do have some thoughts where you could improve. The way you did Quistis' arm is a bit awkward and I feel like you might have rushed it a bit. The rest of her looks fantastic and I think that's why the arm seems singled out. You spared no labor on her chest, and it really shows. Julia is probably my favorite, though. I just can't get over how you did her face. I would love to see how you do the other characters. You have me beat. [/quote] Sir you have clearly mistaken her Whip for her arm I believe.
Lyndy Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1296038421' post='704361'] I do love artists that make me look good! [/quote] [color="#556B2F"] [size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]That comment, my dear friend, made me smile.[/font][/size][/color] [quote name='Boo' timestamp='1296038421' post='704362'] [img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/doggygrapes.jpg[/img][size="7"][b]: [/b]I'M AMAZING ARTS. [/size] [/quote] [size="3"][color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]That took me a second to get.. I'm slow. But I get it now and I love it! :3 And as for the art. Very unique.[/font][/color][/size]
grapedog Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [size="3"][color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"] And as for the art. Very unique.[/font][/color][/size] [/quote] Why thank you!!! :)
The Spectacular Professor Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [font="Comic Sans MS"]Do you do tutorials? I've been working on expressions and hands, but I can't quite get them right and you look like the kind of person who really has their technique down.[/font]
Sangome Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][s]...Spoony? Is that you?[/s] Oh goodness gracious. This just took my breath away. Like, everyone on the face of the earth ever needs to give up on their artistic aspirations. This, my friends, is the new gold standard.[/font][/color]
grapedog Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 Just let everything flow from your mind to your hand and all will be good.
Dragon Warrior Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 I am so embarrassed. Now that I look at it again, I can see it's the whip. I am sorry I ever doubted you...
Lyndy Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1296095531' post='704403'] [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][s]...Spoony? Is that you?[/s] Oh goodness gracious. This just took my breath away. Like, everyone on the face of the earth ever needs to give up on their artistic aspirations. This, my friends, is the new gold standard.[/font][/color] [/quote] [color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]That hurt, Gome. I will never give up my artistic aspirations! If I give up, I might never have the chance to draw art like this. I am content with my artwork like it is now, but this artwork just inspired me to draw more. It's just... I have no words for this artwork. Maybe if I try hard enough, I might be as good as you, grapedog! Or even better! ...but that is just absurd for me to ever think that.[/size][/font][/color]
grapedog Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1296097592' post='704408'] [color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]That hurt, Gome. I will never give up my artistic aspirations! If I give up, I might never have the chance to draw art like this. I am content with my artwork like it is now, but this artwork just inspired me to draw more. It's just... I have no words for this artwork. Maybe if I try hard enough, I might be as good as you, grapedog! Or even better! ...but that is just absurd for me to ever think that.[/size][/font][/color] [/quote] Today's gold standard will be tomorrows pile of crap.
The Spectacular Professor Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='grapedog' timestamp='1296099205' post='704414'] Today's gold standard will be tomorrows pile of crap. [/quote] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Easy for you to say. You, sir, are a modern-day Da Vinci.[/font]
grapedog Posted January 27, 2011 Author Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1296100773' post='704427'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Easy for you to say. You, sir, are a modern-day Da Vinci.[/font] [/quote] Well thank you :) . Due to this great response to my drawings, I have decided to put them on Zazzle. So far I have yet to completely figure out everything with Zazzle, but I do have a mug on there for those who might find it a great way to start their day!!!
grapedog Posted January 28, 2011 Author Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) Here is my page. [url="http://www.zazzle.com/zenverak"]http://www.zazzle.com/zenverak[/url] Sadly they made me get rid of my dog clothing with Julia's picture on it. Edited January 29, 2011 by Boo
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now