OtakuBoards

Name that movie

Linkukun

[center][color="#2e8b57"]I've been having movie quotes running through my head all day and I figured 'Why not have a bit of fun with them?' So I decided to start the oh so popular 'name that..." game. The rules are simple. I start of by quoting a line from a movie. Whoever guesses it correctly first will then have a turn at quoting a line from a movie and so on and so forth. Now for my first quote I will start with an easy one.

"Do you feel lucky? Well do ya' punk?"
[/color] [/center]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Hi Linkukun - I just moved this topic to the White Noise forum, where movie discussions are held. :) Good topic idea, by the way.

Your quote is from [b]Dirty Harry[/b].

Now, let's see...here's my quote:

[b]"Follow the white rabbit."[/b]

[/font]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Well, that can only be [b]The Matrix[/b] of course. :3

Here's mine:

[b]"You made me swallow my gum! That's going to be in my digestive tract for [i]seven years[/i]!"[/b][/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='James' timestamp='1297730057' post='704997']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Hi Linkukun - I just moved this topic to the White Noise forum.[b]"[/b][/font][/quote]

Thanks! Sorry I'm fairly new to the forums. ^.^;

[quote name='White' timestamp='1297730602' post='704998'][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
[b]"You made me swallow my gum! That's going to be in my digestive tract for [i]seven years[/i]!"[/b][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Scott Pilgrim VS. The World

Now for a harder one. Popular movie but the quote is heard in the background. The name in the quote should help.

[align='center'][s]"Norm, you've contaminated the sample with your saliva.[/s]"[/align]

Ok, I think that one is too difficult. Lets go with another.

[align='center']"Then we will fight in the shade."[/align] Edited by James

[color="#006400"]I knew I had heard that one before, but I won't lie that I had to do a little research, lol.

Hot Fuzz

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand in hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."[/color]

Ooo... [b]Pulp Fiction[/b] is classic ;] This game is right up my alley. And darnit, James, I knew your first quote nobody got. I should've spotted this thread a long time ago.

Here's mine:

[center][i][b][size="3"]"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"[/size][/b][/i][/center] Edited by Dragon Warrior

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1297876182' post='705035']
Groundhog Day?

"Why is the rum always gone?"
[/quote]

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead man's chest.

I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp.

Now...lets see....lets go old school.

"What was my hair out?" ah...loved that scene

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1297863177' post='705034']
And darnit, James, I knew your first quote nobody got. I should've spotted this thread a long time ago.
[/quote]

Quote is one post up...sorry for the double post but why Did you call me James? I see where it says edited by James...but I came up with the second quote. :/

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1298118513' post='705112']
Zombieland. Not so old :]

[center][b][size="3"]"Roses are red. Violets are blue. I love Spectre. "[/size][/b][/center]
[/quote]

Big Fish, I loved that movie. To me, it was a masterpiece.

[center][size="5"]"It was beauty that killed the beast."[/size]
[/center]

[quote name='Linkukun' timestamp='1298141235' post='705116']
Big Fish, I loved that movie. To me, it was a masterpiece.

[center][size="5"]"It was beauty that killed the beast."[/size]
[/center]
[/quote]
King Kong. Hopefully the original and not the remake which was hard to take seriously with Jack Black in it. :x

[size="5"][center]"I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"[/center][/size]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' timestamp='1298146909' post='705119']

[size="5"][center]"I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!"[/center][/size]
[/quote]

O' Brother where art thou? This one I'm not too sure on. But when I hear Dapper Dan thats the only movie I think of. If I'm right then...

[center][size="4"]"It's called the Frankenstein, because when you smoke it you walk like this."[/size]
[/center]

[quote name='Linkukun' timestamp='1298151220' post='705120']
O' Brother where art thou? This one I'm not too sure on. But when I hear Dapper Dan thats the only movie I think of. If I'm right then...

[center][size="4"]"It's called the Frankenstein, because when you smoke it you walk like this."[/size]
[/center]
[/quote]

Grandma's Boy?

EDIT: Try this:

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Edited by Vicky

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1298161388' post='705125']
Grandma's Boy?

EDIT: Try this:

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
[/quote]
Silence of the Lambs. :] Far too easy.

Not sure how well known this next movie is:

[center][size="4"]"Oh, Benson ... dear Benson, you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intelligence."[/size][/center]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1298386231' post='705174']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
"I was in the path of the tornado... I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has."[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"]That, my friends, is [i]The Shawshank Redemption.[/i]

[b]"This time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly." "That was Gary Cooper, a**hole."[/b]
[/color]