OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament II [REGISTRATION]

Kei

[center] [img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7017/logocopypo.png[/img]

[font="Century Gothic"][b]Come one, come all! The 2nd OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament is coming in September![/b][/font]

[left][font="Century Gothic"][b]What is the OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament?[/b][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]The OBGLT is a tournament for Pokémon trainers here at OtakuBoards. Any and everyone is welcome to participate.[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"][b]How do I sign up for the tournament?[/b][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]To claim your stake, simply post in this thread with the type you would like to claim. Once you have decided on your team, please edit your post to include that team and your Friend Code. This post will be edited with open and closed positions during the sign-up process, and with standings once the tournament begins. [/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]Sign-ups for the September tournament are currently[/font][font="Century Gothic"][color="#00ff00"] [color="#8B0000"]closed[/color][color="#8B0000"][/color][/color][/font][font="Century Gothic"]. Trainers must register their final team roster by [color="#ff0000"][b]September 3[/b][/color] (meaning the team list must be posted; movesets and Hold Items do not have to be listed). The actual tournament will begin on [b][color="#ff0000"]September 24.

[/color][/b][/font][center][font="Century Gothic"][size="4"][b]RULES

[size="3"]Regarding Teams[/size]
[/b][/size]
[/font][left][list=1][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]All Trainers must specialize in one type of Pokémon, i.e. all Pokémon must share a type (Fire, Water, etc., et. al.).[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]Types are claimed on a first-come, first-served basis.
[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]All participating Trainers must own a copy of Pokemon Black or Pokemon White. Teams must consist of six Pokémon at Lv. 60. [color="#8b0000"]Duplicates are not allowed.[/color] Two differently gendered Pokemon with different forms do not count as two separate Pokémon.[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b][color="#8b0000"]Only one Pseudo-Legendary/Legendary Pokémon is allowed per team.[/color] (i.e. there can only be one, period. Any Trainer with a team roster containing more than one will be asked to change it.)[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]No Pokémon may have their moveset changed during the course of the tournament. Hold Items may be changed.[/b][/font][/list][/left][font="Century Gothic"]
[size="3"][b]Regarding Battles[/b][/size]

[/font][left][list=1][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]Match-up rosters will be posted early Sunday. Trainers will have until [color="#8b0000"]3 a.m. Sunday Eastern Time[/color] to complete their battles and report their results via PM to the coordinator.[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]If one Trainer contacts another to battle without a response, [color="#8b0000"]the coordinator must be notified ASAP[/color]. If no response is received by the end of the weekly battle window, the non-responsive party will forfeit their match for the week.[/b][/font][*][font="Century Gothic"][b]If technical difficulties arise during the course of a battle, both parties must agree on the final result, or the battle will result in a draw-loss for both parties.[/b][/font][/list]
[/left][/center]
[center][b][font="Century Gothic"]See you on the battlefield![/font]
[/b][/center][/left][/center]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1311474590' post='708591']
I'll take Flying for this time around.
[/quote]
Flying? What an odd transition... anyways I would love the [b]Ground type[/b].

My team will be:
-Gligar
-Nidoking
-Claydol
-Excadrill
-Hippodon
-Garchomp

[size="3"][b]Friend code:[/b] 0604 7787 4225[/size] (sorry, My old DS broke in half, so I have a new one.)

Hey there! If it's okay, I'd like to join in on this little tourney. And, seeing as it is yet to be taken, I would like to claim fighting type.

My Team:
1. Poliwrath
2. Gallade
3. Machamp
4. Blaziken
5. Heracross
6. Cobalion

If there are any problems with the line up, please tell me. I'm a little new to actually picking a effective team rather than a team of pokemon I think are cool (... yeah, I'm that guy.) Edited by Muuh Puar

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1311571707' post='708611']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I think I'll call Bug type. I just hope my Scizor is of an appropriate level, because I've run out of Metal Coats.[/font]
[/quote]

I can give you mine if you want Ace, and I won't even demand that you take a fall in our battle.

[s]There are a bunch of water types that I didn't get to use in the last one... but I guess that we are all switching so I will grab Dark type.[/s]

I instantly regretted this decision, I'm sticking with Water for this one too. Edited by Lawliet

Good Lawleit... I need a challenge for this one.

Bug vs Ground: resistant
Flying vs Ground: immune
Ice vs Ground: super effective
Water vs Ground: super effective
Grass vs Ground: resistant + super effective.

I guess I have to fight all my demons this time around.

Also Abbadon is here strictly for this tournament so don't bother being nice or trying to make friends with him. d:

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1311615090' post='708618']

Also Abbadon is here strictly for this tournament so don't bother being nice or trying to make friends with him. d:
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Good, my entire team won't get owned by your ******* Dodrio again, LOL.

I gotta say, though, Endure, Speed Berry and Flail with Normal STAB is an EVIL EVIL EVIL but AWESOME strategy for Dodrio.

Oh and that ******* Ambipom and Porygon. God, your normal team was ridic.[/font][/color] Edited by Lrb

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1311615090' post='708618']

[/quote]

I wasn't even thinking about that, I can switch if you want. I feel like ground types can learn stone edge/rock slide which is good against bug, flying, and ice :)

Plus, I didn't have any favorable match ups last time (though not as bad as what you are going to have to put up with) and I still went undefeated! I am going to switch my banner to the one Kei made me for being the champion of the first one... at some point.

Oh, I have a friend on the way too!

Before I get too into making my otakuboards profile and forget this thread existed,
[b]I dibs the POISON -type![/b]

Probably gonna look like:

-Nidoqueen
-Crobat
-Roserade
-Drapion
-Tentacruel
-Gengar

Trainer name: Cyan
FC: 0089 2858 1071 Edited by Fancie

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1311622595' post='708620']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Good, my entire team won't get owned by your ******* Dodrio again, LOL.

I gotta say, though, Endure, Speed Berry and Flail with Normal STAB is an EVIL EVIL EVIL but AWESOME strategy for Dodrio.

Oh and that ******* Ambipom and Porygon. God, your normal team was ridic.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

My porygon-Z had nothing special... but yeah... I loved my Dodrio and Ambipom. Fake Out/Last Resort turned out to be the only move-set that hadn't been massively used before, but it seems like the people at Smogon University have come up with everything... I only have two pokemon with unique move-sets for this match, everything else someone had already come up with.

In case people wanna check it out
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

I love the pokemon metagame, but these guys have gone all out, to the point where I can't read their stuff...

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Well, if it wasn't made explicitly clear by now, I'll be running Steel this time around. It's nice to see some new faces. ^ ^ We've already got 10 types registered, so this should be a very interesting tournament this time around. Thanks to everyone that's entered so far.

EDIT: As a note, I have changed the rules concerning teams just slightly. It's too hard to determine whether or not a Pokémon is necessarily Uber, as there is analysis available for Pokémon on multiple "official" levels. So that bit of wording has been removed. However, pseudo-legendaries/legendaries are still restricted to one per team.

EDIT 2: And here's the roster.
[/color][/font][list=1][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Ferrothorn[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Metagross[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Mawile[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Lucario[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Bisharp[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Excadrill[/color][/font][/list][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Friend Code: 3825-7967-4999 [/color][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1311965212' post='708663']
I feel like there is too much Excadill in this tournament.
[/quote]

[center][img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs029.snc4/33818_869014690521_9030823_47816698_101848_n.jpg[/img]

[left][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Ain't but two of 'em so far. And we're liable to be running completely different builds, so :V. =p[/color][/font]
[/left][/center]

I am pretty sure we are gonna be close to the same build... but you can't blame us for picking one of the best Pokemon to come out of black and white..

Also, you are STAB super effective against it.

[size="1"]

So I will call Fire type.

I'm usually a sucker for bug types, so stepping out of my comfort zone should be refreshing.

And my pokes will be:
Reshiram
Blaziken
Volcarona
Chandelure
Charizard
Magmortar

I'm excited. I lurked quite a bit during the last tournament since I hadn't purchased black or white by the sign up date. Lawliet went with me to pick up my copy today, so I'm super psyched and preparing my dudes! Can't wait to see you folks on the battlefield.

[/size] Edited by sakurasuka

Yah my friend came, too bad my STAB is super effective against her ... I guess this means she can only hope to get second place :)

I finally changed my banner but now my avatar doesn't match. I also realized that Lrb has the type advantage over me again but this time I have no good way to counter it. Why ya gotta hate bro?

[quote name='sakurasuka' timestamp='1312254069' post='708713']
[size="1"]

So I will call Fire type.

I'm usually a sucker for bug types, so stepping out of my comfort zone should be refreshing.

And my pokes will be:
Reshiram
Blaziken
Volcarona
Chandelure
Charizard
Magmortar
[/size]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Heyo. Thanks for signing up for the tournament this time around. Great to see new faces.

One little problem with your team, there. Reshiram is a legendary and Volcarona is a pseudo-legendary, so I'm gonna have to ask you to choose between them. One of the rules is that you can only have one legendary or pseudo-legendary, not both. Once that's all fixed, you'll be good to go. Thanks![/color][/font]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1312506792' post='708776']
Umm, I actually don't think that Volcarona is...

[url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pseudo-legendary"]Evidence[/url]
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]Yes, I agree. Volcarona is an Uber not a Pseudo-Legendary, in my opinion. 550 stats total, not a unique Pokemon (as in there are more than 1 in the game and it can be bred), and it's not even that strong (especially considering it likely won't have any level 60+ moves which are some of its best). That's my 2 cents, anyway.

And you talk about sakurasuka like nobody knows her. I remember sakurasuka from way back when the art studio had people in it. ^_^

On the topic of Excadrill... technically there[i] is[/i] a lot of them seeing as how the maximum we can have in the tournament is two. :P

Also, I'm not looking forward to fighting that stacked uber team.

[b]My team:[/b]
Venasaur
Cradily
Breloom
Torterra
Whimsicott
Ferrothorn[/color][/font] Edited by Lrb