OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Gym Leader Tournament II [REGISTRATION]

Kei

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312509313' post='708778']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]Yes, I agree. Volcarona is an Uber not a Pseudo-Legendary, in my opinion. 550 stats total, not a unique Pokemon (as in there are more than 1 in the game and it can be bred), and it's not even that strong (especially considering it likely won't have any level 60+ moves which are some of its best). That's my 2 cents, anyway.

On the topic of Excadrill... technically there[i] is[/i] a lot of them seeing as how the maximum we can have in the tournament is two. :P [/color][/font]
[/quote]
I am not sure, but I can't find anything that says it is a Pseudo-Legendary, and its stats don't hit 580.
It isn't my tournament though... so if Kei says no, you don't use it... Wobbufet isn't that great but it is considered a Pseudo-Legendary.

Anyways
Excadrill is a good pokemon, and no one complained about Emolga, Kingdra, and Altaria being used twice in the last one. I actually like the idea of having a possible match up between two of the same Pokemon.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Hm. Well, given the evidence, I will admit that I was wrong. Don't mind me, then, heh.

And yes, there is the point that there were repeat Pokemon in the rosters last time. So :V
[/color][/font]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312520684' post='708783']
I am not sure, but I can't find anything that says it is a Pseudo-Legendary, and its stats don't hit 580.
It isn't my tournament though... so if Kei says no, you don't use it... Wobbufet isn't that great but it is considered a Pseudo-Legendary.

Anyways
Excadrill is a good pokemon, and no one complained about Emolga, Kingdra, and Altaria being used twice in the last one. I actually like the idea of having a possible match up between two of the same Pokemon.
[/quote][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
First of all Wobbufut is [i]amazing[/i] if you know how to use him. Secondly, Excadrill is a power house.

Emolga doesn't even [i]compare [/i]to Excadrill. You are kidding yourself if you think that. Emolga is a horribly outclassed Pokemon and I only chose him because he looks awesome, heh. As for Kingdra and Altaria there was a Dragon trainer with a very limited choice in his roster so its no surprise there were repeats within that type.

I honestly don't care. If I were a Steel or Ground trainer, I'd probably use him too (he just [i]looks[/i] badass) but the complaint is warranted, haha. Excadrill is a scary Pokemon and having to fight two of them is a daunting task. :sweatdrop:[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lawliet' timestamp='1312481897' post='708760']
I finally changed my banner but now my avatar doesn't match. I also realized that Lrb has the type advantage over me again but this time I have no good way to counter it. Why ya gotta hate bro?
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Loool I honestly didn't even think about it. You'll probably beat me again. v_v [/font][/color] Edited by Lrb

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312525838' post='708787']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]
First of all Wobbufut is [i]amazing[/i] if you know how to use him. Secondly, Excadrill is a power house.

Emolga doesn't even [i]compare [/i]to Excadrill. You are kidding yourself if you think that.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Attackwise no, but it is an amazing baton passer and is fast enough to beat out the majority of the fastest Pokemon, and utilizing encore in a switch can be devastating. . It also can use light screen for some extra support. It also has a good type, with five resistances and an immunity and only two things that are super effective. It also flies over spikes and toxic spikes. Also with the spped it has Electro Ball can end up hitting harder than Thunder after an agility or two.

Exadrill has an 88 speed which can only be aided by sand rush or a scarf, and an overall defense every other steel type would scoff at. It has a good type, but four weaknesses is a lot. Lastly, the only two strategical approaches with Exadrill are sword dance and once in a blue moon rapid spin... though most of the time that would just be a waste of a good attack. This pokemon is just a good sweeper, and can be countered like every other good sweeper.

My point is both are good Pokemon, and because they are good, more than one person wants them.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312529849' post='708789']
Attackwise no, but it is an amazing baton passer and is fast enough to beat out the majority of the fastest Pokemon, and utilizing encore in a switch can be devastating. . It also can use light screen for some extra support. It also has a good type, with five resistances and an immunity and only two things that are super effective. It also flies over spikes and toxic spikes. Also with the spped it has Electro Ball can end up hitting harder than Thunder after an agility or two.

Exadrill has an 88 speed which can only be aided by sand rush or a scarf, and an overall defense every other steel type would scoff at. It has a good type, but four weaknesses is a lot. Lastly, the only two strategical approaches with Exadrill are sword dance and once in a blue moon rapid spin... though most of the time that would just be a waste of a good attack. This pokemon is just a good sweeper, and can be countered like every other good sweeper.

My point is both are good Pokemon, and because they are good, more than one person wants them.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Well, I disagree. Excadrill is a much better Pokemon all around.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312530101' post='708790']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Well, I disagree. Excadrill is a much better Pokemon all around.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

who cares if one is better... the point is they are both good. We have had good Pokemon being repeated before so it seems like it is pointless to change it now, unless you think that we should stop people from picking what they want unless it is a dragon or a theoretical equal to an Emolga.

Also Wabuffet is a really good pokemon if you IV train. Having an HP, Defense, and special defense with an IV of 31 is what makes this pokemon able to take a powerhouse hit. The encore strategy works perfectly but it has plenty of counters, as well as a weakness to three good types that are commonly included in most teams. I think it is a really good Pokemon, but unless it has those IV's it is gonna get beat, making it a Pokemon fit for only simulators (or people with no lives.) Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312530735' post='708791']
who cares if one is better
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]I specifically said I don't care. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312525838' post='708787']
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]I honestly don't care.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]Also...[/color][/font]

who cares if one is better... the point is they are both good.
[/quote]
[size="4"]who cares if one is better[/size]
[/quote]
[size="6"][b]one is better[/b][/size]
[/quote]
[size="7"][b]one is better[/b][/size]
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]That's all I was arguing. That Excadrill is better. Case closed.

I seem to think he's considerably stronger than Emolga than you do (which is why I said the complaint is warranted) but there's no sense in arguing about it. I have no idea where you've got this notion that I want anyone to change it -I wasn't even the person the brought it up in the first place- and like I said...

[size="7"]I DON'T CARE[/size].[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312532912' post='708792'][color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"] I have no idea where you've got this notion that I want anyone to change it -I wasn't even the person the brought it up in the first place- and like I said...

[size="7"]I DON'T CARE[/size].[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I didn't think you wanted to change it, why don't you take another look at what I did say.

[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312532912' post='708792'][quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312530735' post='708791']
[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312530101' post='708790']
[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312529849' post='708789']
[quote name='Lrb' timestamp='1312525838' post='708787'][color="#696969"] [/color][quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1312520684' post='708783']
Excadrill is a good pokemon, and no one complained about Emolga, Kingdra, and Altaria being used twice in the last one.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Emolga doesn't even [i]compare [/i]to Excadrill. You are kidding yourself if you think that. Emolga is a horribly outclassed Pokemon...[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
who cares if [size="7"]one is better...[/size] the point is they are both good.
[/quote]
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]That's all I was arguing. That Excadrill is better. Case closed. [/font][/color]
[/quote]
I am getting the feeling that you think I am arguing about how good an Exadrill is... but if you read my posts instead of twisting them, you should be able to figure out that I think [u]both[/u] are good. [i]That doesn't mean equal[/i], and that doesn't mean Exadrill isn't better, because I too know that he is. I was arguing with your reasoning about discrediting my point on repeated Pokemon.

From what I gathered, you think this situation of repeated Pokemon is unparalleled from the first tournament because Exadrill is far better than Emolga, and is not a dragon type. My counterclaim is that Emolga isn't nearly as bad as you claim it to be, and that Exadrill is always going to be a sweeper build so you can easily form predictions and possibly counters. I really don't see why this case should be looked at any differently from the last tournament.

I think that you probably would agree with me, but we got in this pointless squabble because of a misconception.

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]You should be getting the feeling that [b]I don't care[/b]. What part of that don't you get? I don't want to argue about this with you. It's just a game. I think that Emolga is a lot worse than Excadrill than you do. Leave it at that, you are not going to convince me otherwise.

Also, I didn't twist your words at all. I quoted exactly what you said.

[b]EDIT:[/b] And for what it's worth because now you've ticked me off, Excadrill is one of the[i] best sweepers in the game[/i]. There are a LOT of Pokemon that can do what Emolga does [i]but better[/i]. Which is what I mean when I say he is outclassed. Yeah, he's [i]good[/i] -any Pokemon can be [i]good[/i]- but there are a lot of Pokemon that do his job better than him as opposed to Excadrill who is one of the best at what he does.

Who cares if you can "form predictions and strategy" beforehand? We're stuck with the Pokemon we use, the only thing you could possibly do is change around your Pokemon order and maybe change a move. You can formulate a strategy for fighting a Giratina that doesn't make him less strong.[/font][/color] Edited by Lrb

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1312574780' post='708796']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]How about we drop the subject entirely and move on? I think that's a good plan. ^ ^[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Sounds good. I am sorry for causing problems.

[quote name='Tulas Shorn' timestamp='1312606054' post='708799']
Since no one has claimed it, I shall shoot for Dragon type. I'm totally excited.
[/quote]

To be warned, due to the rule where you can only have one pseudo-legendary/legendary per team you are forced to use Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Haxorus, Druddigon, and then one other of your choice. I love dragon types but the rules for this tournament make it a pretty blah type. I'm surprised that no one took Dark or Ghost yet... I feel like I could do some shenanigans with them.

I wanted to get a verdict on this now. I'm on holiday 13th October - 25th October, I'm sure I could have my battle before I leave, however I will be unable to make any battle the following week as I will be in various places in America. I wanted to know if it would be possible for me to have 2 battles the week before or week after I get back? I would hate to have a loss due to visiting another country...

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Since you're giving me advance notice, I can make arrangements for you to have your battles. Just remind me closer to the actual date.
[/color][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]All right, people! The sign up window has officially closed. Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far.

Please remember that you have until [color="#FF0000"][b]11:59 p.m. EDT on September 3 [/b][/color]to lock in your team and post your Friend Code, or you will be disqualified. Please make a new post to confirm your registration.

Thanks again and happy training![/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"] I should probably just go ahead and do this now.

[/color][/font][list][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Ferrothorn[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Metagross[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Mawile[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Lucario[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Bisharp[/color][/font][*][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Excadrill[/color][/font][/list][font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Friend Code: 3825-7967-4999

Just a reminder to everyone to[b] please confirm your registration[/b]. You have until [color="#FF0000"][b]September 3[/b][/color]. Thanks.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='sakurasuka' timestamp='1314653749' post='709167']
[size="1"]

Alright, I was really bummed when Bug type was already called for. I am curious if there is any way for me to claim Bug as long as I have my roster up by the third. I have some badass dudes I'd like to use!

[/size]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I don't see why not. I would really like it if [b]everyone else[/b] could confirm by the 3rd, too.[/color][/font] =p

[s]*continues to lurk until the last minute* ;D

[/s]Okay so my team will be:

Rayquana
Archeops
Togekiss
Gliscor
Ninjask
Scyther

Friend code is: 4212 4208 9191

I'm preparing for a thorough thrashing this time! Edited by Morbo

I can't wait for the battles to start.

Kingdra
Vaporeon
Gyarados
Gastrodon
Gorebyss
Empoleon

2666 1502 9371

Sakurasuka is having to work late and doesn't want to miss the deadline so this is the team she is going to be using and her friend code.

Scizor
Beedrill
Volcarona
Accelgor
Heracross
Galvantula

2108 0862 0753 Edited by Lawliet