OtakuBoards

Favorite Food

IIISTARSCREAMERIII

[color="#0000ff"]I moved this thread over to The Lounge because it makes a little more sense over here.[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]As for the actual topic though, I have one, though it's really a snack and not so much a "food" - String Thing! And I mean before they started getting lazy and making half of it flat candy instead of filing the entire piece of cardboard with a big, continuous string of candy. These things were awesome and I really wish they'd bring them back.[/color]

[quote name='Petie' timestamp='1323810540' post='710561']
[color="#0000ff"]I moved this thread over to The Lounge because it makes a little more sense over here.[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]As for the actual topic though, I have one, though it's really a snack and not so much a "food" - String Thing! And I mean before they started getting lazy and making half of it flat candy instead of filing the entire piece of cardboard with a big, continuous string of candy. These things were awesome and I really wish they'd bring them back.[/color]
[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="5"][color="#9932CC"]Sorry I put my topic in the wrong place that is such a noob thing to do -_-;;; what kind of candy was in that String Thing? was it like gummy or something? [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='IIISTARSCREAMERIII' timestamp='1323811429' post='710562']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="5"][color="#9932CC"]Sorry I put my topic in the wrong place that is such a noob thing to do -_-;;; what kind of candy was in that String Thing? was it like gummy or something? [/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#0000ff"]No problem. You're new and you'll catch on quickly I'm sure ^_^[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]It was sort of a gummy candy - sort of the same as Fruit Rollups but less sticky. Here's an original commercial for it:[/color]

[color="#0000ff"][youtube]YTWgH9m306c[/youtube][/color]

[quote name='Petie' timestamp='1323813411' post='710566']
[color="#0000ff"]No problem. You're new and you'll catch on quickly I'm sure ^_^[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]It was sort of a gummy candy - sort of the same as Fruit Rollups but less sticky. Here's an original commercial for it:[/color]

[color="#0000ff"][youtube]YTWgH9m306c[/youtube][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"][color="#9ACD32"]OwO[/color] Omg!! I remember those too they were so fruity and sticky and I remember the wiggly pattern never came out in one piece [color="#9ACD32"]xD[/color] and I do have to say it had one of the most uncreative names ever lol[/color][/size][/font]

Most things I can think of can't even be fairly called "food", unless we're generous to include candies of some sort, haha. There were some chocolate bars that are no longer around that I liked when I was quite young. Of course, they went the way of the dinosaur and the dodo-bird, and are now but a misty-eyed memory to one now older fellow. Another thing I liked (and I don't know if the things are still around) were these ice cream sandwiches called "Snack and a Half". It was just some ice cream sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies, and then coated with chocolate. Nothing spectacular in itself, but it when you're a kid it's like tasting what Zeus himself ate on a hot day after much battle and strife. Edited by Hunter S. Spaceman

[quote name='Hunter S. Spaceman' timestamp='1323840719' post='710576']
Most things I can think of can't even be fairly called "food", unless we're generous to include candies of some sort, haha. There were some chocolate bars that are no longer around that I liked when I was quite young. Of course, they went the way of the dinosaur and the dodo-bird, and are now but a misty-eyed memory to one now older fellow. Another thing I liked (and I don't know if the things are still around) were these ice cream sandwiches called "Snack and a Half". It was just some ice cream sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies, and then coated with chocolate. Nothing spectacular in itself, but it when you're a kid it's like tasting what Zeus himself ate on a hot day after much battle and strife.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]I've never heard of Snack and a Half but I personally don't think chocolate and oats go very well together [/color]owO[/size][/font]

[size="1"]Mmm, String Things were delicious I had no idea they were made by Betty Crocker.

I loved Dunkaroos, which were apparently also made by Betty Crocker. Little snack sized kangaroo cookies with frosting for dipping. Their still sold in certian stores I guess but I haven't seen them around me. There was also this cereal...I have no idea what it was called. It consisted of little yellow squares with strawberry, grape, or orange frosting inside. I loved them, I would put a handful in my pocket and eat them as I played.[/size] Edited by SaiyanPrincessX

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX' timestamp='1323923553' post='710597']
[size="1"]Mmm, String Things were delicious I had no idea they were made by Betty Crocker.

I loved Dunkaroos, which were apparently also made by Betty Crocker. Little snack sized kangaroo cookies with frosting for dipping. Their still sold in certian stores I guess but I haven't seen them around me. There was also this cereal...I have no idea what it was called. It consisted of little yellow squares with strawberry, grape, or orange frosting inside. I loved them, I would put a handful in my pocket and eat them as I played.[/size]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][b][font="Courier New"][size="4"]Oh yeah I remember Dunkaroos they where Awesome!![/size][/font][/b][/color]

[quote name='Hunter S. Spaceman' timestamp='1324010251' post='710608']
Oh, this isn't "food" but a drink, rather: Crystal Pepsi! I bet even Biggie Smalls drank this stuff too. I loved this drink when Pepsi used to make it, which is odd since I didn't like regular Pepsi at all. My friends and I would buy this all the time every day non-stop can't stop won't stop.
[/quote]
I wasn't even alive when that stuff was out and that makes me sad because it sounds really weird owo

Shrimp are absolutely delicious in my opinion. They can be cooked numerous ways, but I like a simple steaming the best. Shrimp also improve pretty much everything they are put in. Shrimp Salad, Shrimp and pasta, shrimp stir-fry... everything is just so delicious.

Strawberry Jell-O. Actually, Jell-O in general, though strawberry is the best.

As for foods I remember, there were these cookies that had little marshmallow puffs on top and a dab of jelly in the middle... It was made by a Mexican company (I still lived in El Paso at the time.). Ah! Here they are!
[img]http://www.eltrimarket.com/images/detailed/0/Sponch.jpg[/img]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]You guys are snack-food fiends, haha.

My absolute favorite food is carrot sticks. I eat them like potato chips. I like to have them with ranch dip from time to time, but they're good by themselves too. My mom used to by them for me for after-school snacks since I didn't want stuff like Fruit by the Foot or Gushers like my siblings did haha. I guess I was a square from day 1.[/font]

[quote name='T.O.P' timestamp='1324505273' post='710701']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]You guys are snack-food fiends, haha.

My absolute favorite food is carrot sticks. I eat them like potato chips. I like to have them with ranch dip from time to time, but they're good by themselves too. My mom used to by them for me for after-school snacks since I didn't want stuff like Fruit by the Foot or Gushers like my siblings did haha. I guess I was a square from day 1.[/font]
[/quote]
You...had snack-food at your disposal the whole time? Yet you still chose carrot sticks?

[IMG]http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj368/FunnyBonesDJs/scanners4.jpg[/IMG]

Carrot sticks are snack foods too!
Unless you are a rabbit I am pretty sure you don't make a habit of eating them as a meal. Healthy alternatives are nice though.... why did you have to leave America? You were one of the rare people who enjoys eating healthy.

• 5 months later...