Petie Posted April 21, 2012 Author Posted April 21, 2012 [color=#0000ff]Yeah, I saw that as well. Not sure why Their own upgrade script would miss data like that but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it outside of resetting all display names to the original login names and having everyone change back after that. Do you think that's worth it?[/color]
Horendithas Posted April 23, 2012 Posted April 23, 2012 [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#4b0082]Not sure it's worth the hassle. Doesn't really matter if you can't see someone's past display history. It's just something I noticed is all. I assume it will show any made from now on so that should be more than enough.[/color][/size][/font]
Petie Posted April 23, 2012 Author Posted April 23, 2012 [color=#0000ff]It would actually be pretty simple. And yes, it would show any new history but at least everyone would have a starting point of their original username in their current history if we went ahead with that plan. I'm just concerned it would confuse/annoy people.[/color]
Allamorph Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 (edited) So, in trying to reply to a message, I added a few 'Enter's to try and make a decent unformatted list of stuff. Problem is, when I send the message, all those extra lines just vanish into nowhere, leaving my list looking something like this.Item A which is cool.Item B which is sorta neat.Item C which is mostly silly.Item D which I am just including for space now. Edited January 16, 2017 by Allamorph
Petie Posted April 25, 2012 Author Posted April 25, 2012 [color=#0000ff]Hmm... well that would explain why your message disappeared :P Are you in WYSIWYG mode or the raw editor? Regardless, it's strange since you can clearly create paragraphs.[/color]
Allamorph Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 (edited) I've toggled my editing mode so I have to manually input all of my code for formatting. Easier to see where something is doing weird code-y things so I can fix it.But I also tried a formatted list, and when I had everything set up as bullets and sent, the resulting message had no bullets and looked exactly like I had wanted it to look in the unformatted list, except without the space between the initial line and the start of the list.And I don't seem to be having any issues in regular forum posts. So that's odd. Edited January 16, 2017 by Allamorph
Petie Posted April 25, 2012 Author Posted April 25, 2012 [color=#0000ff]Interesting... So it seems that bullets simply don't work. Let's see how lists function in normal posts: No Formatting: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Bullets:[/color][list] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 1[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 2[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 3[/color] [/list] [color=#0000ff]Numbers:[/color][list=1] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 1[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 2[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 3[/color] [/list] [color=#0000ff]Letters:[/color][list=A] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 1[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 2[/color] [*][color=#0000ff]Item 3[/color] [/list] [color=#0000ff]So, it seems this problem may be limited to PMs. Also, lettered lists can only be entered in manual mode.[/color]
Allamorph Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 (edited) Right, because the default for specific lists is the 'LIST=1' code, I think. You have to physically tell it to switch to =A. Edited January 16, 2017 by Allamorph
Petie Posted April 25, 2012 Author Posted April 25, 2012 [color=#0000ff]Right. But if you enter the list in the full editor, switch to manual, change it to A, and switch back, it reverts back to numbered. It seems the full editor doesn't understand anything but bullets and numbers.[/color] [color=#0000ff][b]Edit:[/b][/color] [color=#0000FF]So, after some more testing, it seems that the manual editor does not get along well with PMs. Line breaks seem to work while posting in normal threads though, even in manual mode.[/color]
Allamorph Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 (edited) At present, browsing by category is a somewhat tedious process. The boards currently appear to interpret the filter as a search function, and so if you're looking for particular threads or thread types and moving on to the next page of threads, it considers you to be "searching" too quickly and enables Flood Control on your browsing. Edited January 16, 2017 by Allamorph
Petie Posted April 16, 2013 Author Posted April 16, 2013 I removed search flood control from all groups so that should no longer be an issue.
Allamorph Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 (edited) Okay, so as of right now, filtering forums by tag and attempting to use the advanced search feature both return database errors on the site. Edited January 16, 2017 by Allamorph
Boo Posted November 25, 2013 Posted November 25, 2013 Confirmed. I searched for "poopamorph" and got a database error. :/
Petie Posted November 25, 2013 Author Posted November 25, 2013 Yeah, this is definitely an issue. I'm not entirely sure what's causing it though. There are software updates available so I'll try installing them and then get back to you. Thanks for the report.
Petie Posted November 25, 2013 Author Posted November 25, 2013 Okay, so it appears to be working again, at least on my end. Can anyone confirm?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now