OtakuBoards

OB Transition and Data Loss

Petie

[quote name='Petie' timestamp='1332535668' post='710916']
[color=#0000ff]Do you mean the welcome back announcement or am I missing something here? That announcement is one I put there when I re-launched the site and it doesn't disappear nor can it be closed. My only thought is that you have an ad-blocker that is looking for, among other things, the tags that IPB uses to define its ads. To make that announcement, I used the built-in ad system instead of modifying the templates as it was much easier. However, if you have an ad-blocker that's hiding them, it may be why you're seeing it for a split second and it is then disappearing. If you have one, try disabling it and let me know how that goes.[/color]
[/quote] :blush:

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1332536225' post='710918']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]I dunno if this is related to switching the skin back for him or not, but it looks like his mod title broke in the process:[/color][/font]

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/21aikgk.jpg[/img]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]As much as it amuses me, I figured I should at least point it out, especially since the others don't seem to have the issue from what I can see.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]How dare you make me hide my code. Real men wear it proudly out in the open.[/font]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1332554654' post='710924']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]How dare you make me hide my code. Real men wear it proudly out in the open.[/font]
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]Okay Phoenix, you can flash your badge around all willy-nilly, but we prosecutors prefer to keep our badges tucked away, because we have no need to be gaudy and egotistical.[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900FF]Or...something.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Japan' timestamp='1332554859' post='710925']
Hey I just wanted to update you, Petie. I browsed the forums on my iPod for a little while and I'm on my desktop now. My skin is still the main one and not stuck on mobile!
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Thanks for the update, Japan! I think I actually managed to fix the "Full Version" button on the mobile skin (not quite sure how but when I tested it, it worked) so hopefully, we won't have this problem in the future.[/color]

[size=4][font=Calibri]Found another bug. This weird account keeps liking random posts I made years ago. Think it's called [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/user/632-boo/"]Boo[/url] or something like that. Probably nothing, but if it's a spam bot it might be the first security risk we have.

Anything you can tell me?[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]Edit: [/b]Near as I can tell it hasn't been active for about an hour. Probably abandoned shortly after it was created?[/font][/size] Edited by Allamorph

[FONT=Calibri]On a serious note, is there anyplace that goes through a list of exactly what all coding/styling options we have for posts? I'd like to know if there's still an option for the blacked-over spoiler text instead of the collapsible box that the generic tag turns into.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Also, double-post ahoy. Merge if needed, I don't mind; mostly I just want to make sure it gets seen.

Was looking around at various pages. Stopped by the Members tab and saw this:

[center][IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/Sub/OBBug.png[/IMG][/center]

Any ideas?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1332690048' post='710990']
[font=Calibri]On a serious note, is there anyplace that goes through a list of exactly what all coding/styling options we have for posts? I'd like to know if there's still an option for the blacked-over spoiler text instead of the collapsible box that the generic tag turns into.[/font]
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Yes. You can find it here: [/color][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode"][color=#0000ff]http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode[/color][/url][color=#0000ff] - not sure why it doesn't show up as a link somewhere. I'll see it I can get a link up for it. As for the spoiler tag, for some reason, both spoiler and spoilerblock are outputting pretty much the same thing so I'll change spoiler back into the black highlight.[/color]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1332692483' post='710991']
[font=Calibri]Also, double-post ahoy. Merge if needed, I don't mind; mostly I just want to make sure it gets seen.

Was looking around at various pages. Stopped by the Members tab and saw this:[/font]

[color=#0000ff]*snip*[/color]

Any ideas?
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Not really sure what's going on there but I see it too. I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up![/color]

[quote name='Boo']I like how these BB rules think of hierarchy. [Acronym=In Allamorph's leave, the Boards continue]IALTBC[/acronym][/quote]

[font=Calibri]In Allamorph's leave, the Boards continue.[/font]

[size=2]Seriously. It's in the Code examples.[/size] Edited by Allamorph

[color=#0000ff]So, our original two skins are back and selectable (from the "Change Theme" link on the bottom left)! I'm going to leave the default theme available as well because I like it. And eventually, I'll try some color changes and see if I can get a few more options up.[/color]

[font=palatino linotype]Well done, Petie. This new software looks great. And thankfully Adam and co. were prepared in so far as back-ups go; it's a relief to know that we only lost a couple of months' data, rather than years and years of data.

So I think it's going to be time soon to start a new RPG! ;P[/font]

[color=#0000ff]Thanks, James. The loss is still disappointing but definitely not as bad as as losing everything for sure![/color]

[color=#0000ff]Also, I just realized I never changed our spoiler tag back when I was going to so I just took care of it. The default spoiler tag will once again black out text while the spoilerblock tag can be used for the collapsible box you were seeing before. Was there anything else I said I would do and then totally forgot about?[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I'm guessing that all of our customizations to IPB's default bbcodes got overwritten (didn't this happen once before when upgrading?), so there might be a few more tags that need tweaking. I'll try to get around to checking them all soon, but if anyone notices other tags not working as expected, post a heads up and I'll fix it as soon as I can.[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900cc]Uhhh, I don't know what happened, but my avatar seems to have reverted back to my old one. I had a bigger one, and it looks to me like those who had bigger ones suddenly got reverted back? Did the size allowance get changed again, or did something hiccup?[/color][/font]

[color=#0000ff]That's my fault. Since the sizes changed, I re-ran the cleanup script last night to try to sort out some missing images, which it didn't do because it seems those members somehow had their avatars stored in a different place. What it did do was reset it to whatever you had in the previous version. Sorry for the mix-up but you can certainly still use the bigger one if you'd like.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#0000FF]We're now upgraded to IPB 3.3.1! With this update, the upcoming calendar events and birthdays re-appears on the home page! As usual, let me know if you notice anything broken.[/color]

[color=#0000FF]Also, yay for double posts :P[/color]

[FONT=Calibri]So I noticed that if you reply to someone's status, dislike the comment and delete it, and then reply to the status again, the board system reads both of those replies as notification items.

Translation: I just got six notifications from [COLOR=DarkRed]Sazabi[/COLOR] making one reply to [COLOR=DarkRed]Asrai[/COLOR]'s status. Kinda weird.[/FONT]