OtakuBoards

Bounty

Shwa

[center][img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z154/ookami06/Bountiful.jpg[/img][/center]

We once thought that humans were the only specials intelligent and thriving in our simple solar system, theories of other worlds and life forms have been the center of the entertainment business and scientific theories. How simple things were many millenniaâ??s ago, and now, the fantasy is more than an idea. Itâ??s a reality.

In the year 2400, mankind received a communication signal from one of its orbiting probes beyond the outer ring planets. At first ignored due to the possibility of technical malfunction, but then though as fact after more and more signals began to transmit. Soon, Earthâ??s scientists and explorerâ??s traveled towards the strongest source and were astonished at what met them half way. Aliensâ?¦or to us there were, and to them we were. Having finally touched our corner of the galaxy, these aliens returned with the humans to Earth to learn more about their race and how they adapted on a single planet for so many years while leaving the others vacant. In turn, the alien race shared their technology with the human race, advancing their knowledge of the other galaxy systems and aliens that roamed around space seeking new life and spreading their knowledge. That was the first step towards space travel.
In the year 3465, most, if not all of Earthâ??s solar system is now inhabited by various creatures and beings from other worlds, mixing and breeding with one another, including humans. But, that came at a most horrid time when peace between the inner and outer planets had failed, pitting one side against the other in a colossal war. The two main factions were the Western Retaliation Front (WRF) and the Eastern Galactic Separatists (EGS). Both sides fought for dominance over Earthâ??s solar system for various resources, such as Mercuryâ??s abundant water supply, Jupiterâ??s natural space fuel mines, to Plutoâ??s telecommunication outpost. A simple voice on each side arose armies which none the like have seen before of all species of the galaxy to fight for their own beliefs and dominance. Earthâ??s current King during those times could no longer be the advocator for both sides and remained neutral, while planet faced off with planet, brothers against brothers in a simple matter of territory and honor. The Great Space war lasted another 2000 years.

Until, suddenly, a group of soldiers banded together in secret and wiped out the lead forces of both opposing sides. Freeing its people from further destruction and damnation from the war; and slowly brining the fighting to a standstill until a chance of peace arose from the ashes of battle. It was not long for Earth to finally come from the shadows of silence to offer a peace negotiation between the two opposing forces, and finally bring peace to the planets once more. Eventually, both sides agreed that too much blood has been spilled, and a new treaty was signed to end the great space war once and for all. These warriors of the shadows were brought to light once the war was finished. Skilled fighters, computer hackers, medical officers, military soldiers and even common thiefâ??s gathered together from both sides of the rings boarders to band together and do what they have to, and kill whom they must to make sure peace was brought to light. Humans and aliens alike banded together, sold their souls and made the ultimate sacrifice to ensure safety could be brought to the galaxy once more. Some perished, others survived with stories to tell their children, and always be ready to serve if peace were glooming in the shadows. They were known as the Shadow Soldier Corps (SSC), the King of Earthâ??s last trump card to save what little was left of his kingdom and territory against such rage and hatred. The members of the SSC were never publically named, but they remained ever the ready in case their king calls for them once more. Out of the 50 original Shadow Soldier Corps members from years past, only 3 remain alive, holding the secret of their past, and of their families past. But there are still next of kin sworn into the order by blood, once initiated into the SSC order, they will be forever bound by duty to answer the call when war threatens the very sanctity of peace.

The year is 4294â?¦and war between the galaxy now stretching on a thin line, not just between the inner and outer rings of Earth solar system, but whole star systems themselves. Armies are rising to the Westward systems while the Eastern planets gather their war ships and make their treaties. Once more the W.R.F and E.G.S factions have risen for more than Earthâ??s solar system and resources, but for the star systems currently mapped out in the galaxy. The current King of Earth, King Brandon, cannot extend his please any more, for no ear shall listen to his words. Now, as a final desperate chance of hope, the King reaches out for those who answered his call before and fought in the shadows for the side of peaceâ?¦the Shadow Soldier Corps. Little does the King of Earth know; the main reason there are only 3 remaining members alive is for the simple factâ?¦not all of their deaths were simply natural.

[b][i]Continuing On....[/i][/b]

Both Vectis and Zen continued to converse silently as they tried to keep to themselves from any suspicious characters that would walk into the Vourian pub, or were already in the area. Zen had to be especially careful, the Nymphantile still wore his Galaxy Police uniform since working the night shift the day before, before any of the recent events took place. The mysterious woman who came looking for his father that evening, who's name was revealed as Katherine, but that was all Zen could get out of her before the police station assassination. His colleagues and best friend were murdered, and his own life was in danger, along with the human woman who came looking for him at the station. Then, it all went to hell when Zen and Katherine ran into the mysterious Vectis, who happened to be looking for Zen's father as well. More question continued to pop into Zen's head, but for the moment, they were still out in the open and on high alert for anything that might go down. The failed assassination attempt on Zen's life still had the man a little worried, but now that Katherine had gone on her own, the two were able to take on anything without worrying for her life. Humans were fragile after all. The plan was simple, hide out for a while and wait until morning time, but as time passed by, the morning hours approached quickly, but the crowd only grew inside the bar. Zen peered around, keeping his hat low to cover his eyes, it was bad enough for the Nymph that he had green body hair, but his eyes were especially bright under florescent lighting. Vectis remained calm, he would occasionally search around for any shady characters, but he remained close to Zen, fearing for his life more than ever after receiving the message from his father.

"Zen, you have to understand, the Shadow Soldier Corps is not even known in the underworld. None of these low lives would have a clue what it really is" Vectis took a swig of his brew before the bartender came around and offered the men two full mugs. They took it without question.

"If what you say is true, then that would mean that years ago, the King of Earth had his own "Hit Squad" to deal with the factions back then, and now the current King want's to use them again. For what purpose?" Zen took a swig, his tail rested comfortably on his lap, the furry green tip slightly swayed as it hung on his thigh. Looking cute and calm, but remaining on the ready for a surprise attack.

"You have to understand, back then it was just a war within Earth's solar system, but now, we have the Eastern part of the galaxy battling it out with the Western division, and both factions are being led by their original leaders. The King of Earth of that time was a wise man, a tactile human who did his best to prevent the war in the first place, but even he had to make a deal with his own devil, but it was for peace. But, it was a random selection for whoever got the emergency message, and lucky for him, he found an elite selection of fifty people who were willing and able to give their lives up to have some sort of hope for peace. Your Father, Torroth, eventually became one of our founding member, we both were the main leaders for our sections of the S.S.C. He took one squad, and I took the other." The information sunk deep, Zen listened to every word, still keeping an eye out for possible danger. The taller of the two men hunched down over the table to get to Vectis' height at the table.

"Vectis, you said fifty people were the original member. Where are the rest of them? Why are you looking for me and my father?" Vectis remembered going to visit Torroth and his wife Veronica, but the image of her dead body brought nothing but sorry for both of the Nymphantile men.

"I have a feeling we're in the same situation you are my boy"

"What do you mean?" Zen raised an eyebrow at the statement.

"I haven't been able to get in contact with the other members. I understand that some were human, eventually age would take their lives. But that was only two of them who died naturally, the others were reported "missing" or took their own lives. The others though...it's to much to even say. We were close, we all were like family to one another. It's still hard to believe at times that someone is even hunting us down" Vectis gripped his mug tightly remembering his lost brothers and sisters.

"How could they have been hunted down? I thought no one knew of your group". Zen replied, sitting back in his chair and taking a deep breath of the smoke filled bar.

"I'd like to know the same thing. Trust me, I do. But for now, my task is to keep you safe and alive and take you to our safe house." The noise in the bar picked up fast, the alien music playing over the speakers along with the other guests made the place seem like a popular hang out for those who walk on the darker side of the light. The morning still dragged as the two kept to themselves and organized a plan for leaving and going further with Vectis' plan of action.

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires glanced up at the holo clock on the wall above the bar. His head slightly buzzed from the many drinks that him and Feltra had been having. The time read 0841 and the place was starting to pick up granted it was never really dead at anytime of day or night. The guards, bartender and other workers switched out with their replacements each of them giving T'kires the sign of respect. He returned then checked the time he was supposed to meet with Dalashin to pick up his next hit. It wasn't until 2200 tonight which gave him ample time to drink a few more with Feltra. His mind put together a plan for him getting his information and Feltra to still get the bounty that was on his head. "So what do you say about me joining you in getting Dalashin?" [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra finished her drink and got another. "Wouldn't that be against some kind of rules? Aren't you supposed to be neutral or close to something like that?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires laughed. "Many Vourians are bounty hunters, granted we tend to leave our own species alone but still I can go out and play the game. I may be a little out of practice but brushing up my skills wouldn't hurt"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra smiled picked her drink up in one hand and leaning her other arm against the bar in a kind of way you would interview someone. "Alright Mr T'kires, what could you bring to the table that could help me?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"Did you really just ask that question?" They both shared a laugh as Feltra shook her head slightly, Her platinum hair bouncing as she did. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"Okay besides having access to information, locations and everything else about a person. What kind of fighting skills do you bring?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires looked around then stood up killing his drink and getting another. "Follow me" He led her out the back of the bar and into a long alley way where three Vourian guards were standing around on break. The alley was set up into a kind of makeshift firing range that the guards used whenever they got bored. Most the time the targets were bottles but sometimes the target was an unlucky person that happened to cause trouble inside that wouldn't be missed if they were dead. The three guards gave the sign as T'kires nodded. "Set it up"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]The guards gave what could be considered a smile due to the fact the mandibles at the edges kind of made it hard to smile. They set up several bottles at the end which was about three hundred feet away as T'kires pulled out one of his M-77 Paladin pistols and attached a silencer. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra eyed the gun. "Quite an expensive firearm you carry there. And why do you have a silencer? I mean you just told me that your pretty much like a CEO of the these bar fronts."[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires nodded. "What's the point of having the money and not having the best equipment? As for the silencer let's just say sometime business doesn't always turn out pretty." In a flash he turned and fired three shots in rapid succession, all three hitting the bottles dead center."[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra gave a nod. "Brushing up my ass. But what about a moving target?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Suddenly one of the guards burst out laughing and picked up three bottles that were laying on the ground. "Sincar Zionix is a lot better shot then he lets on to be"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"Oh really" Feltra gave T'kires a stare. "A little bit of a hustler are we?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"I prefer the term humble and modest" He waited for the guard to hand a bottle to the other two then all three threw them in different directions. Within seconds all three shattered before they hit the ground. "Wanna go?" T'kires flipped the gun around and held it out by the barrel. Normally it would have burned but since his race had a metallic exoskeleton he didn't feel anything. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra smiled before taking the gun. She tested its weight and eyed down the sights a few times as T'kires took a seat on a crate to watch. "Normally I would tell someone of a different species to watch out for its kick but since your partially synthetic I don't see any need for it"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]One of the guards spoke up. "I give her three shots before she hits the target"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires laughed. "I give her two. First one grazes it the second one is spot on"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra smiled. "And if the first one is dead on then all four of you have to go get me another drink" She pulled the trigger hitting the bottle dead on. "Ha I win" T'kires took another drink leaning back. "You heard the lady, chop chop" Feltra fired another shot hitting another bottle. "I said four. That includes you"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires held up his hands in surrender. "i don't see a point in arguing considering your holding my gun." He stood up and got two more drinks then headed out side only pausing long enough to see that the police officer and his companion were still here. He turned to one pf the guards. "you have been taping that conversation right." The guard nodded. "Its being analyzed as they talk" T'kires nodded then headed outside and handed Feltra her drink. She sat down on a crate opposite of T'kires still holding his gun. [/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]T'kires tapped a gloved finger to his chin before speaking. "So Dalashin is going to be in the easiest spot to grab him at 2200 tonight. He will be located in an alley way next to market that is just a few blocks from here."[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]Feltra nodded taking a drinking. "Why is he going to be there?"[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"He is meeting someone to pass along information." He saw Feltra's look showing that she was interested to know who her hit was meeting. T'kires gave a sigh. "He is meeting Crimson Angel" Like he expected Feltra's eyes grew big. No doubt she was thinking of cashing in on the Crimson Angel's bounty. "But you will not go after him."[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#b22222]"But we not get both of them since them will be in the same..." She noticed that the three guards had turned and now facing her all three of their weapons had silencers and they were holding them to where all they had to do was raise and fire. She turned back and saw that T'kires' face had changed and now bore a cold and serious expression. "The Crimson Angel is a tribeless Vourian. He has no known family and he bears no marks. That is why we allow no one to go after him through us nor will any Vourian knowingly have anything to do with his capture. If you want to go after him I suggest doing it on your own time. I will not be a part of it and the fact that I know he will be there I cannot let you try to take him." His visage softened as he leaned back and took a drink. "Besides I think it would be damn shame if he killed you, I wouldn't have a drinking buddy who is good to look at now would I"[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
"Well....it's hard to say I will go after the Crimson Angel." Her eyes scan the silenced pistols the guards hold before looking over to T'kires. "To much messy work that would complicate my search for my father. Besides. It will take more than a few silenced pistols on safety to hurt me." SHe says before moving fast. Disarming the guards and and holding their guns in her hands. She broke them down into parts with in seconds as she doesn't even look at her hands but keeps her eyes on T'kires. The pieces of the guns falling onto the floor before she's only holding the broken down handles of the guns. "And I'm not a drinking partner. I can't get drunk." She said downing the last drink. "Filter out all the alcohal and use it as a bio-fuel source."

The guards let out a groan of anger as they watch their guns fall to pieces as T'kires just lets out a vourian smile. She rolled her eyes and kneeled down then reassembles their pistols before handing them back to the guards. She walked over and sat down next to T'kires before lightly pounching his shoulder. She didn't talk for a good while as she seemed to be off in another world. Though if he would look into her eyes. The blue lines in her eyes would be flashing in an almost computing fashion.

"So what do you think? T'kires asked, She looked at him before looking at the pad.

"Just the target. Crimson Angel is too much of a risk and besides." She looked at him with a wink. "He's doing good work."

T'kires just laughs as he casually takes the pounch to his shoulder and drinks his drink. He leaned back as she seemed to go back off into her own little world as the blues in her eyes flashed rapidly.
They had several hours before they even needed to leave the club. So it's not like she needed to leave right now. At the moment she was accessing the local net as she accessed the club's cameras easily by her standards. She even made a ghost image as she split the live image into two pieces. That way she could see what's going on in the club without tripping security alarms. This was more of a defensive act for her to do if she was staying in one place longer then an hour. It was even a subroutine to analyze local surroundings to plan escape routes.

"Tell me more about yourself." T'kires said just out of the blue. Which caught her off guard and nearly falls off the place she was sitting.

She recovered from nearly slipping off her seat. "I already told you about me." She said as she gets back onto the seat.

"You told me why you are here but not about yourself." He says looking at her. "I've seen many castes before but they all seem to look the same. You how ever are different then the rest of them."

She almost wanted to crack his head open for wanting to know more about herself but she calmed herself as she looked at him. Though she talked her voice had a cold undertone to it. She did not like talking about herself period but she took a chance at it since he didn't try to make some kind of move on her.

"I'm a third generation experement hybrid my goverment was doing. The previous generations...did not make it past birth then past five years. Due to reworked growth programs and genetic modifications. They wanted a what humans would call...a furry. Though my exact look was due to my father altering key genes to be unique and one of a kind. My mobile node was made only for my use. No other can use it and if you where to try and hack into it. It would fry anything used to crack it." She would take a small pause in her speach. "I am fashioned after the black wolf located in Maine, United States, Earth's mountains. I have a thin layer of fur the same color of my hair growing from my body. I am unique in many ways. I am the lightest model ever born in the past thousand years. I am the strongest model of my weight class and then some. I am agile. I am fast. I can hack any computer naturally but my father has helped me hone my skills into a very capable hacker. I learned how to use my sword on my own. Making many mistakes in it's use. Through military training I learned how to handle the two massive weapons. The mini-gun and the micro-missile launcher. I also can use the micro-missile as a rough demolition explosive. The armor I wear I have built using scraps. I trust my armor with my life and it's served me well. And I know your asking yourself about my eyes. I am accessing the wireless net. Doing research on things."

T'kires dropped his glass as she spoke. It shattered against the hard floor as she turned her head to look at him. "Well...now that's more then I thought would be told."

"There really isn't much to tell you that I am willing to share with someone else. Just count yourself lucky I didn't decide to do the opposite of what I normally do when people prod into my own life." She said handing her glass to him as it was only sipped from.

"I do not want to know what the opposite is so..thanks for sharing with me." He says taking the glass. "Sure I won't get sick?" He laughed at the joke.

She felt something she hasn't been able to feel for a long time. She laughed at the joke as she shook her head no. It felt good to laugh. She checked her internal cloak on the time and they had plenty of time to spend. "I haven't laughed in years. Lets go enjoy ourselves for the night. You though don't drink too much. You can't filter the alcohal out like I can drinking buddy." She said standing up.

He smirked as he got up to. "I assure you I can hold my liqure. What do you think I am? Human?" They both laughed at the answering question as they walk back into the bar.

[color=#b22222][size=2]As they made their way back to the bar T'kires noticed that the officer that had walked in hours ago was getting two more drinks at the bar. What became even more clear was the fact that his shoulder was bandaged up. Upon getting closer the smell of dried blood reached his nose. He knew if he could smell some of the other more predatory based species were probably going crazy in their seats.[/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]He walked right up beside the officer. "You and your friend should probably go upstairs to the on sight medical station here. The smell of your blood is most likely driving some of the other patrons crazy and i do not want any problems in my facility" The man looked at him then nodded and went back to his table then allowed one of the guards to lead them upstairs. [/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]T'kires was about to turn back to Feltra as his eyepiece went off. He gave a frowned look then the bartender came up and handed him a holopad. "Very well. "Seems my job calls. Feel free to make yourself at home and i will return after I deal with this matter"[/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]He gave a slight bow and gave the sign of respect then made his way towards the door. He walked outside as one of the guards outside opened the door to a completely blacked out vehicle. T'kires climbed in and poured himself a drink as the Vourian driver rolled off. He looked over the holopad. It seems one of his old contacts had gotten stuck here on Earth and as luck would have it T'kires turned out to be the only contact on this planet. Granted he and this contact never met but they had shared information about almost everything in the past.[/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]The vehicle made their way down the streets. His contact had requested a car that allowed no sunlight in, reasons being only guesses to T'kires. That and the contact only gave a name. Doll Kilsa. T'kires took a stab in the dark and guessed that this person happened to be female even though it was obviously a code name this person was using but with now a days you could never be sure. [/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]As the car pulled to a stop in front of one of the small spaceports T'kires checked his pistol. Could never be to sure. He climbed out of the car and made his way inside and up to the reception desk. I am here to meet a friend by the name of Doll Kilsa. [/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]The young human woman at the desk nodded and called out over the intercom. "Doll Kilsa your ride as arrived"[/size][/color]

[color=#b22222][size=2]T'kires put a hand underneath his trenchcoat touching his pistol before removing it and folding his hands outside of his jacket behind him as he waited.[/size][/color]

[font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]Peering out the large window curiously, Keira watched as the vast arrangement of creatures scurried through the streets and in shuttles. This was a very bright planet compared to her home with lots of busy people to preoccupied with themselves to stop for a moment. It was very alien to her. " [/size][/color][/font][color=#800080][font="'comic sans ms"][size=3]Why do they run i wander? What could be so important? Hmmm.... Maybe there is a party and everyone is late. There are no silver clouds for racing either. What odd specimens...[/size][/font][/color][font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]" Reaching into her belt pouch she removed a small halo pad mentally started typing her observations for Earth. After a few moments she returned her pad to her pouch and skimmed the area and pressed her goggles. "[/size][/color][/font][color=#800080][font="'comic sans ms"][size=3] Recording Specimen Human, planet Earth. Data entry 307. My time spent on the human military vessel is over. After a week of cell time from false accusations by the commander the humans brought me to their home planet Earth, where I was transported to a small medical facility for treatment from their star's rays. While in treatment I met human doctor who has had contact with another Traveler other than I. If my suspicions are correct then Zev may still be alive. I will continue to try and find evidence of his location as well as study the Humans. Keirka'Gora Rath Navi signing out[/size][/font][/color][font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]."[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#000000][size=3]Suddenly a quite voice echoed from the intercom overhead. "[/size][/color][color=#800080][size=3]Doll Kilsa your ride has arrived[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]."[/size][/color]

[font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]A large smile crept across her cheeks as she jumped down from the window pane and dashed towards the reception desk. Skidding to a halt as she nearly rams the desk, Keira giggles and wiped her skirt. " [/size][/color][/font][color=#800080][font="'comic sans ms"][size=3]Whoa that was close! I keep forgetting about these floors haha.[/size][/font][/color][font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]" [/size][/color][/font][font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]Looking around frantically her eyes stumble upon a Vourian eyeing her suspiciously with his hands behind his back. Walking up to him casually she looks him over and winks. [/size][/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms"][color="#000000"][size=3]" [/size][/color][/font][font="'comic sans ms"][color="#800080"][size=3]Well well well if isn't Angel. I've gotta admit I was not expecting to find any of my contacts when I landed here, but thank the stars I did. Can you believe that the Humans actually tried to arrest me? They're lucky I am not the type to hold grudges or they might have found a few essential data files mysteriously gone hahahaha! I'm teasin Kitty no need to get involved with that.[/size][/color][color="#000000"][size=3] [/size][/color][color=#800080][size=3]It's nice to finally meet ya face to face by the way. There aren't many others that I trust enough to actually meet with. So what are you doin around here?" [/size][/color][size=3]â?? Noticing that she had unknowingly interrupted him every time he tried to speak up, she blushed and rubbed her neck. " [/size][color=#800080][size=3]Oh damn I'm sorry. I tend to either talk to much or not at all when I'm nervous.[/size][/color][size=3]"[/size][/font]