OtakuBoards

Hunters

Akieen Cloud

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Again, a mature RP, [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka flipped through the book over and over again, each case seeming more and more uncalled for, for her sector, to easy, a waste of their time...but the more she thought about it the more she wanted to take these cases with whispers of a man matching Kaion's description came with each one of them. She slammed the book shut and looked up as the other three of her sector came in, first was a young man around her age and height, his gaze was down as he entered the small office with her and took a seat on the desk waiting as well. Next was a taller man, Dylan and last was Gene. Once everyone was in the room she stood and shoved the book forward.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"We have a long drive ahead of us, we're heading to Okalahoma."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Dylan looked over with a frown.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"That's over a ten hour drive, why so far?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka looked over at him and pinned him with a look.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"It doesn't matter, the point is we're going. That's all there is to it."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She didn't give them any room to argue as she grabbed a small duffle bag on the floor and hefted it over her shoulder.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"We're leaving now. Hope your things are packed."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Grabbing a set of keys off the desk she moved towards the door and out into the hall way. The others following slowly as she moved towards the garage, she walked towards a small van and tossed the keys back over her shoulder towards TJ.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You first, I'll sit shot gun so when your ready I'll take over driving."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He nodded and moved to the other side of the van, opened the door and slid into the drivers seat, Oka takeing the pasenger seat. Gene got in shortly after, putting his hands behind his head.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"So why are we going to Okalahoma?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka pushed her shades higher on the bridge of her nose.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"We have a case there, A Woman in White."
"How is that a case?"
"Women in white are woman who went insane back in the old days, their husbands found unfaithful, they lost their minds, killed their children and than them selves. They prey on unfaithful men if the vengfulness is strong enough after that in the after life."
Dylan spoke next as TJ started the van."
"You think its one of those cases?"
Five men have all gone missing on a stretch of road in this town, all of them either involoved with a woman, or married. All of them missing to this day. No body, no sign of struggle. Nothing. Just gone. If it is we're to go and get rid of it, if it's not we're supposed to find out what really is going on and find a way to stop it."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]They all nodded as the van moved out of the garage and onto the road, heading towards Okalahoma.[/color][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#b22222]TJ raised the brim of his baseball cap well enough to see the long road ahead of them. It had been a while since he had such a drive ahead of him since a lot of his work was fairly local lately. It had also been a good while since he was grouped with a new set of partners. He hadn't heard a whole lot about the other three, but he didn't have any questions either. At least he didn't have any for them yet. This was probably his first trip into Oklahoma, so his focus mostly remained on the GPS's yelling at him while watching the road. He left the radio turned down as he took for the main highway. He rubbed his side lightly with one hand as they rode, adjusting his sweatshirt to sit more comfortably.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#B22222][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]He glanced over to Oka, then back to the road. He knew none of these three from his sector, nor had he ever been sent on such a long trip for that matter since he had only been with the Hunters for a little less than a year. The taller one of the two in the back was staring out the window in silence and the other seemed to just be checking the sights himself.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]TJ pulled onto the main highway, glancing to Oka again. "I find it kind of odd that we were chosen to go if there are sectors closer to Oklahoma than us. Any idea why?"[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Oka glanced to him over the top of her shades. "We were chosen for whatever reason we were chosen. All we need to worry about is completing our mission. You worry about driving until you need me to take over," she said, sitting back in her seat and getting as comfortable as she seemed to be able to get.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]TJ just shrugged it off as well as he could, returning his focus to the road. [i]A simple "It's not important. Drive." would have sufficed,[/i] he thought to himself with a smirk.[/size][/font][/color]

"[b][i]New mission with a bunch of people I don't know and with a woman who's mouth is her only weapon....niiiiiice[/i][/b]" Gene sighed as he thought to himself, the travel was long to their destination, it didn't make much sense to send another unit from out of state to an area where they had hunters, something was amiss and Gene didn't like the feeling.

"So..." He finally broke the silence over the already quiet radio and silence in the car. "What's the real mission about?" The silence continued as if it was never there in the first place. To Gene's expectations, it was Oka who answered his call.

"I told you the mission already, did you not pay attention?"

"Did you hear me stutter?" Gene replied, Oka raised an eyebrow as she removed her shades. "The driver's right, why are WE getting sent to Oklahoma instead of another team of hunters? There something happening that you're not sharing? It seems pretty odd that we have to travel a long distance to take care of a minor case"

"Obviously we can handle this case with out set skills combined together, but if you'd rather head home I say start grabbing your things and get walking." Oka turned back around, Gene continued to tune his bow that sat on his lap, he could sense TJ looking at the rear view mirrow and back at Oka from time to time. Dylan listened in closely as he peered outside, he too seemed interested in the idea, but felt like he should listen more before making a call. Gene placed one of his metal arrows on the resting spot of his bow as he began to talk.

"I think we should all just turn back, this doesn't feel right and I'll say it to your face if no one else will" With lightnight speed, Oka unbuckled herself and turned in her chair, grabbing Gene by the throat with her other arm pulled back, ready to strike. It surprised the man, but he too was prepared.

"What did you want to say to my fa-..." Oka stopped talking when she saw a smug look on Gene's face, then finally making the connection. Peering down, she felt the metal top of his arrow on her collar bone, his arm pulling back the draw string just enough to launch his weapon. "You think I can't move from your shot?"

"Not at this range" Both stared eachother down until the vehical came to a complete stop on the side of the road, sending Oka forward a little back to the front seat. TJ placed the car in park and addressed the group.

"Listen, we're not here to fight one another, we're suppose to be fighting with one another. Whether or not it makes sense, we have orders and we have to follow them." Oka placed her shades back on and opened her door.

"I'm driving now, we're about halfway there" TJ nodded as he opened his own door to get out. Now, it was Dylan who spoke.

"Impressive, you think ahead of the game, but I wouldn't underestimate that girl."

"I don't, in fact, her speed was enough for me to know she was a valid choice for team leader. But, that doesn't mean this still smells like a solid mission objective." Gene replied.

"Maybe not, but, we're in it, so let's get it over with and be done with it" The two finally entered the vehical one more and they took off, closer to their destination and closer to what Gene seemed to fearful and worried of.

Oka pulled into the old gas station, she could still feel her teeth hurting painfully from the small disagreement with Gene. Even though she knew they were right, she didnt feel like going through the its to personal, you shouldnt do this' speech, she was tired of going through it. After filling the tank she slid into the drivers side and placed her hands on the steering wheel, taking a deep breath she let it out and pushed her shades higher.
"I'm looking for someone there."
The vans attention came to her, putting her forehead to the wheel she felt her eye twitch.
"There are rumors of a man in most of these cases that describe him being there and than just being gone within moments of helping a person narrowly escape death. This mans situation matches my older brothers almost perfectly. He went missing about six months ago, I've been trying to find him ever since."
She sat in silence for a moment before starting the van again.
"Thats the other reason we are going. Besides the fact that its our job to protect innocent lives. Lets not forget that shall we? Our main objective is to find whatever is hurting people and destroy it, than..I worry about Kaion."
She pulled the van back onto the highway and continued driving quietly, she grit her teeth hard, they still hurt...she almost allowed herself to lean forward and bite down on the steering wheel but stopped herself before she did. She could feel a small headache starting in her temples, sometimes, she hated herself. Letting out an inaudible growl she took her next exit and continued driving in silence, more than determined not to say anything else til she had the chance to sink her teeth into something and make sure the others werent on the menu. Shaking her head she tried to calm her nerves, but the only thought she could concentrate on was her brother, and her desperation to find him.

Dylan smirked at the silence that followed after Oka's little speech. "Could have said that in the beginning. I am sure we are not cruel heartless bastards" He unbuckled his seat belt and began to turn around as Gene looked at him. "What are you doing?" Dylan paused to look at him. "I am climbing in the back to take a nap." Gene had a thoughtful look then shrugged. He waited for Dylan to climb over the bench seat before putting his legs up on the seat. "Much more comfortable"

Dylan smirked again. "Told you" He lay down in the back getting comfortable and letting out a yawn before closing his eyes. his foot moved slightly to the low music coming through the speakers. He bounced a little bit every time Oka hit a bump but he didn't mind. Within a minute he was passed out asleep and off in his own little world. This team was a lot quieter then his last team but they weren't bad people. TJ kinda came off as curious and meaning no harm. Oka was just a big prison of emotion that was slowly filling up until it shatters and she breaks down. Gene had a temper and made him laugh, well not on the outside yet but after his little comment and his and Oka's close quarters bout he defiantly was crying on the inside from laughter.

"Sure to be an amusing trip" He mumbled softly under his breath

TJ lowered the brim of his cap and reclined his seat a bit, keeping his eyes out of view. He wasn't going to be able to sleep. Never could on long drives. He figured he'd at least try and relax regardless. "He's right. We're hunters. Missing persons fall under our department once in a while after all. Hell, my recruiter went missing a ways back and I've been just kind of hoping for the best since he's who trained me at first." TJ tugged his cap off, glancing to Oka. "Just try and relax, though. We'll back you up." Okay sort of let out a grumble and nodded, keeping her eyes on the road. TJ shook his head and put his cap back on over his face. "Think we should introduce ourselves or do we just want to do this anonymously?" he asked the car. "Name's TJ. Originally from a Pennsylvania sector," he said, setting his cap back on his head properly. "Multi-range combat. Preferably close. You guys?" TJ asked, looking to the others. He figured it might make it easier to work together if the knew even the minimal amount of information about each other, but wasn't sure what to expect.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I'm Gene Laguerta, top sniper in the Texas Hunter's region, which is the great state we're crusing through as we speak to head to our destination. I'm a sharp shooter with my bow and arrows, been practicing with them since I was a pup with my daddy, he was a sharpshooter in the military." Gene spoke as he examined the tips of his metal arrows, each equipted with different charges underneath the arrowhead for speacialty combat against larger creatures. The man looked outside his carseat window to see the city sign. "We're passing Denton, Texas now, should be about another hour or so until we get to Oklahoma". He spoke almost quietly as he went back to examining his ammo, Oka tightened her grip on the steering wheel and pushed her foot down on the pedal to give the car more power and speed, everyone felt the change as they held on for a moment. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"So, your dad was in the military, that's pretty awesome. Did you learn a lot from him?" T.J looked back at his team mate.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Lots: Survival, tactical planning and maneuvering, he took me to the gun range almost weekly. But, I still prefer using my old trusty guardian angels to light up the sky" Gene smirked as he leaned back and crossed his legs to get comfortable.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"You must have learned that attitude from him as well" Dylan smiled as he continued to lounge in the back seat.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"No way buddy, that's something you learn when becoming a man. Emotions are your downfall, especially in combat. Block them out of your mind, and you're completely ready for anything"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"And completely vulnerable" Oka spoke. Gene turned to see her eyes peering at him from the rear view mirror, he could tell she was still ticked off from their confrontation earlier. Gene simply brished it off.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Oh, I'm not the one complaining about a missing family member." That almost broke the straw on the camels back for Oka, she nerely crushed the steering wheels in her hands, the atmosphere was thick as fog now. "And that's what will make you vulnerable, if you know your brother is a strong person, you shouldn't have to worry too much about him or where he's at."[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"That was a low blow Gene" T.J gave an angry snort.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"How will our enemy see it as? A low blow? Or, a moment to strike when we're caught off gurard?" It made T.J think about the scenario for a moment, in a sense, Gene was right. Eve Oka knew it, but, she still had to do what her heart yurned for and try to see if the reports were valid. "I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, family is important, it's what brings us some happiness in dark times. Whatever family you have left, keep them close and tight." Silence once again as the car continued down the road, the hour passed as the team saw the city welcoming sign to Oklahoma. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"So, where are we going exactly? Tulsa or Oklahoma City?" Dylan asked.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"We're going to Oklahoma City, thats where the last disapperance occured. It's our best lead for now" Oka replied as she pulled into a near by gas station to fill up, she hadn't realized the gas she burned by driving like a bat out of hell, but, it got them there in record time. Eveyone got out of the car to stretch and ready themselves for the rest of the journey ahead. "I warn you though, the old side of Oklahoma City is pretty deserted and dark, lots of places to lose yourself. If we're going to split into groups we'll do it in pairs, otherwise..." Oka opened the trunk of the car and opened a small black box, inside, four wireless ear pieces were available for the team with a small microphone attached to the side that extended to the length of the users cheek bone. "Remian in constant communication with these, and when I say constant, I mean I'll pummel you if I don't hear back from you. Understood?" Everyone nodded as they fitted themselves with their communication pieces. Gene and T.J went inside the gas station to pay for their fuel and grab a couple of drinks while Oka and remained outside. Dylan leaned against the car while Oka grabbed the fueling hose and inserted it into the gas tank.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"You ready for this?" He asked while peering around the perimeter, it was pitch black outside, the stars and moon hidden within the deep banks of the clouds. Ususally, a bad omen for a mission like theirs, Oka gripped the handle pump hard and pumped the gas.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"More than you'll ever know" She stated confidently, peering inside the see her other team mates scour the convienience store for their items. [/font]

Oka heard the click of the tank letting her know it was full, without speaking she put the hose back and slid into the car. She knew Gene had a point, she wasnt arguing that at all, but what he didnt know was who her brother was or how strong get for that matter. If he was missing, something was wrong. Heaving a sign she tried to calm her nerves as the others joined her in the van.
"First thing first, we check into the local motel and do some digging, we have to zero in on this situation before we barrel head first into anything. Gene, you and Dylan do some roaming around in the morning, talk to the locals, see what you can find out. Tj and I will hit the library and see what we can find."
"You mean we're not starting tonight?"
She looked back at Dylan and shook her head.
"Not at all. We have no idea exactly what's going on, and Im not going to hanyou you and make sure none of you die. We'll get some Intel in the morning, til than we rest."
She could see that they were all disappointed in the announcement, but if they were going to do this, they were going to do it right. The next morning things became more interesting as they drove through town, an old bridge caught her attention, but not before the blue and red lights. Pulling off the road she handed everyone their fake ids. Getting from the van she walked towards the sheriff, flashing the fake badge she took a deep breath.
"Another one?"
"Yup, same as last time too, no body, no sign of struggle, just gone."
She nodded, looking around she noticed the creek far below them.
"Any one ever, jump?"
"Long time ago, back in the 60's. A woman named Constance committed suicide from this bridge."
"What would make her do that?"
"They say she found her kids dead in the bathtub, couldnt handle the grief of it. Came out here and jumped to her death.:
Oka nodded before turning around and heading back to the van. Once there she turned on the three men.
"Sounds like a woman in white to me. Lets get to work boys. Still sticking with the game plan. Talk to the locals, find out as much as we can."
They nodded as they piled back into the van, leaving the bridge behind.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Gene roamed around the edge of the buildings rooftop above Dylan, who began to interrogate the populous on the ground, he had a birds eye view of the surrounding area, able to spot anything that seemed suspicious from his view. But, even with his stratigic plans, neither he or his ally were able to gather any useful information from the civilians below. Either they really didn't know or see anything, or they were hiding something, for the first time in a long time, Gene was marvled they were coming up empty handed. Dylan politely thanked the local flower shop owner and turned to walk down a couple blocks, looking down at his feet onto the pavement, he could see Gene's quick shadow blur in front of his, signaling that he made it to the next rooftop. Caring not if others saw the man talking to himself on his headset, Dylan reached to his earpiece and began to whisper to himself.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Anothe dead end it seems partner" He exhailed unhappily, almost annoyed from their lack of information. Gene did the same before he responded on the mic.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"This is annoying, nothing on a murder that seemed to happen in almost broad daylight. Someone's got to know something"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Have you been able to spot anything so far?"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Nothing, just some sparrows, gathering and people going about their business. A lot of people were gathered about the crime scene earlier this morning, but didn't get a single sense that one of them was the killer coming back to marvel her work. It's odd..." Gene replied as he stretched his arms upwards, feeling the pops from his shoulder blades release was relaxing to the man for his prolonged survalience.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Stay alert, we weren't able to find anything at the crime scene since it was being processed, we'll have to gather the evidence later at the police station." Dylan replied before turning a corner, giving a slight nod to a lovely woman in a yellow sun dress as he passed by.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"You think "Boss Lady" and T.J have found anything at the library? Best bet for them if they checked out the towns history archive, or even old news paper clippings." Gene began to sprint towards the edge of the rooftop until coming to the end, hunching down and taking a giant leap into the air, slowly guiding his body to the next rooftop in a flash as he rolled on his landing and stopped himself, standing up to brush some dirt off. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Who know's, I know we're not gonna get much out of this wild goose chase" Dylan commented as he headed towards another store to interrogate the next civilian. [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#B22222]TJ looked through as many books as he could on the town's history, but didn't find much more than a few paper articles. The story with the woman committing suicide held true, but that was about it as far as what he could find. "Constance Parker commits suicide back in '67 after her sons were found...drowned in her bathtub?" he paused, raising an eyebrow and waving Oka over. As she stepped over to look over his shoulder. TJ glanced over to her, pointing to the word "drowned." "Officers didn't mention that. Wonder what actually happened to her kids? I'll look more into their family matters I guess. But I have a feeling this place isn't going to have all the answers we'll actually need," he said quietly.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#B22222]Oka gave a nod and stood back up. "Let me know when you're finished up. I have a few ideas myself," she said before heading for the door.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#B22222]"Looking for other leads?" TJ asked as he looked back over his shoulder at her. "On the other case, I mean." [/color][/size][color=#B22222][size=3]Oka gave no reply and continued out the door. With a shrug, TJ went back to his research. With a sigh, he returned everything to where they came from. [i]Two boys drowned without a convicted killer, a woman committing suicide. Kinda have to wonder if she was still married when it happened...[/i] he thought to himself. It further frustrated him since he found nothing about a spouse, but he did come up with something to look for. [i]It's sort of hard for kids to drown themselves in a bathtub. Have to find out if there was forced entry, fingerprints, anything.[/i] He contacted Oka on his way out. "Done at the library. Meet me back at the car when you tie up your loose ends," he said, pulling his cap on and stepping back outside.[/size][/color][/font] Edited by Kayin

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka gave an affirmative before looking down at the clipping in her hand. The man in the picture covering his eyes to hide his face.
"Well Mr. Parker, I think we need to have a chat."
She walked through the streets til she came to the end of the town, the large field hiding the old house from view, walking down the drive she frowned at the smell hitting her nose. Booze, and stench, who ever this man was, he was certainly trying to keep his mind off of things. She looked back at the clipping and than back up at the house realizing that the picture was not the same, the old man had moved. Continueing on her trek down the dirt road she rolled her eyes as the sound of barking came from he house, the closer she got the louder it became til she was standing at the bottom of the stairs.
"Whose out there?"
"Mr, Parker? I'm a state officer, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions."
The door opened and she stood her ground as the large hound came from around the door towards her, though as it drew closer it's tail wrapped under it's body as it sank to the ground letting out a small whine. Smirking Oka looked up as the man emerged from the house, he was weathered and she could tell he had been through hell in his time.
"Mr, Parker?"
"Yes?"
She extended her hand towards him and smiled slightly as he took it.
"What can I help you with officer?"
"Have you heard anything about the missing persons in town lately?"
He nodded slowly.
"That stretch of road leads towards your old house, is there any reason you moved from that place?"
"How would you feel if you lived in a house where your children died?"
This grabbed her attention as she thought back to what TJ had told her.
"I'm sorry?"
"My two boys died in that house, both of them drowned...no one ever found out who did it either."
"I'm going to assume your the husband of the late Constance Parker than."
The man let out a sigh and nodded sadly.
"I am. She was the prettiest thing you ever saw, long black hair and beautiful green eyes. Never met a woman like her in my life."
"Any idea why she killed her self?"
"Our kids were murdered Ma'am, she couldn't bare the pain of that, I thought about it plenty of times my self to be honest. S'why I drown my self in whiskey every night, just to help me sleep."
"Sounds more like guilt to me Sir,"
"Guilt for what?"
"Did you ever, have other relations while you were with your wife sir? Anything that might have made her angry enough to hurt her self or the children?"
The man's face grew sour than.
"I might have made a few mistakes in my past...but Constance would never have harmed her own children. Please...get off my property."
Oka held up her hands and nodded slowly.
"Of course Sir, but ask your self this question and answer me before I do. Is there any way she could have done something like that if she was in enough pain, after finding out her husband was involved with another woman?"
"I said leave!"
Oka turned and left, walking back down the dirt road and back into town, a small smile on her face as she pressed the ear piece lightly.
"I have a lead boys, seems our Woman in White had an unfaithful husband after all. I have the old address, we're going there to check it out tonight. So get ready. Make sure you all have rock salt with you at all times."
Getting affirimitives from all of them she took the headpiece off and began to walk through the town again, she brought out a picture of her brother and showed it to a passerby.
"Excuse me, have you seen this man at all? In the last few months?"
"Him? Yes I have, he was here about 2 weeks back, was helping old Mr. Parker put in his new poarch, he was only here for about a day or so, but he was a kind hearted gentleman. Think he said his name was Kai."
Oka felt her heart stop for a moment.
"Did he happen to say where he was going?"
"Out to the mountains I think, said he had family out that a way."
"Where exactly."
"Across state, West Virginia I think."
"Thank you."
Oka walked briskly towards the motel, more determined than ever to get this case over with. She jumped slightly as her phone suddenly went off. Looking down she saw the number and lost her breath for a moment. Flipping the phone open she looked at the message and frowned, numbers filtered across the screen.
"Coordinates?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Pulling out the small personal GPS from her other pocket she inputted the numbers into the device and frowned more as the coordinates pointed to the mountains of West Virginia.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Kai...what are you having me follow you for?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Shaking her head she continued towards he motel, this case needed to be put to rest before she moved on to the next or to find her brother. She wasn't about to leave whatever this was to harm anymore people. Their safety came first. Entering the room she closed the door behind her and leaned on it. Looking around the room at the three men staring back at her she took a deep breath.
"Before we do this, I need each and everyone of you to be honest with me. Have any of you ever been unfaithful? At all towards any partner you've ever had? And when I ask this, I mean sexual partner, not business."
Dylan looked at her with a smirk.
"That can be business too ya know,"
Oka pinned him with an unamused glare.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your probably gonna be our bait."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He blinked for a moment before frowning, the other two smirking slightly.[/color][/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]The sun's rays slowly disapated into the land as the burnt orange glow from sunset slowly vanished, masked by the nights sky as the team ran through their place once more in their hotel room. Thankfully the town was small enough that travel time would make it easy to get to their target, but their main objective would be the murderer responsible for so much pain and deloation that's cursed this small town within the past couple of hours. Gene spent time soaking in the shower while the others waited on the pizza to arrive for their evening meal, turning the fosset handle to the closed position, the man simply stood in the tub, refresed and collecting his thoughts before their mission. Grabbing his towel, the man dried himself and proceeded to dress as the others talked outside.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"The old house Mr. Parker use to live on resides in a wide open stretch of property, only real enclosed areas are high above ground with trees and the woodlands a couple yards behind the main house. I suspect our culperate will work at night, or at least show up during the evening hours, I've already had the Oklahoma team install cameras on the inside for documentation. So far, it's a pretty run down house, but it was to be expected." Oka spoke to the others as they huddled around a small hologram diagram of the property.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"If we are dealing with an actual person, I doubt the takedown will be hard at all. But..." Dylan stood from his spot when numerous knockings on the main entrance door sounded. Making his way to the entrance, the officer paid for the pizza they had ordered and closed it once more, carrying in their meal and drinks, placing them on the small desk next to the window. "What if we're not dealing with something human?"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Then we take care of it like we would any other creature that threatens human lives, that's our mission as Hunters." Oka responded, Gene finally made it out of the bathroom groomed and clothed. T.J was the first to help himself to the pizza, soon the others would follow as they each served themselves and ate their meal. Still, Oka continued the briefing. "Gene, I want you purched in one of the trees, possibly the one that overlooks the east side of the house, that's the side will all of the windows for upstairs and downstairs" Gene nodded as he chewed his food.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Right, and since the sun sets in the north right behind the house, I doub't there will be much glare to block my view"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Exactly. T.J, once Dylan is inside, I want you to monitor the action from the rooftop, if it's going to be as dark as it was last night, I doubt there will be a problem with you being spotted by anyone. Just in case, you'll be bringing a black camo cloak to hide you just in case"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Sounds like a plan to me" T.J replied. "Where will you be stationed Oka?" [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I'm going to remain in the car, the windows are tinted well enough during the day, at night, its almost like looking into a black hole. Everyone will be in constant communication on five minute intervals, Dylan's mic will be on the whole time. So, in case we do have contact, we'll be able to listen in closely and strike if the presence of danger come up. Everyone nodded as the last of the team members finished their meals and grabbed their weapons and gear for the mission. The group filed out of their hotel room and entered the car, Oka at the steering wheel while the others strapped themselves in, time was of the essence for them at the moment, they would only have little time before the sun completely set into the earth, Oka pushed her food down on the gas and drove towards the country area where the old house of Mr. Parker resided. Their advantage would be that it wasn't too close to the town, but just in case things got hairy, Oka put the Oklahoma Hunter's on stand by, they would be in the town waiting to assist with any emergency that would come up. When the car turned the corner towards Mr. Parker's current house, she noticed that the lights were on, but his truck was not parked outside of the house. The others picked up on the change as well.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I thought you stated that he was the guy to wallow in his own depression." Gene commented, their car stopped next to the house as they all peered over.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"He could be at a local tavern for all we know, let's not raise any suspicions until we have something to go off of. Remember, we already have an assignment, don't need to add on more work to our load as it is." Though the others nodded, they still felt somewhat uneasy. Oka drove the car down the dirt road until they pulled in front of the abandoned Parker house where the murder's took place, turning the car off quickly and cutting the power, Oka addressed the team once more. "Sniper?"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Ready" Gene answeres as he flicked his bow, the ends of his weapon snapping straight as the twine tightened.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"T.J, you got everything you need?"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Ready, also brought some thermal shades the detect heat signatures" T.J respnded as he grabbed his gear.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Decoy?"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Here for your use" Dylan smirked, Oka nodded as everyone on cue left the car besides the team lead. Gene quickly dashing to his perch atop the tree, securing his location and new view of the house. He could see T.J on top of the roof, shaded in his cloak. Dylan casually strolled around the car and leaned on the drivers side of the vehical as he waited for the sun to competely set into the horizon.[/font]

Dylan tapped his metal gloves against the vehicle as the sun finally set. "Well I am up" He straightened up and stretched as he made his way towards the house whistling. As he neared the house he tried the door knob finding it locked. 'Well time for a less subtle approach.' He locked his fingers behind his head taking on his carefree stance again as he lifted one leg up and kicked the door making it swing open. Suddenly Oka's voice filtered through the earpiece.

"What did you do that for?"

"The door was locked. I guessed I knocked a little too hard" He could hear Gene snickering as Oka let out a sigh. The combination of the two made a smirk play across his lips as he walked through the old two story house, the boards creaking as he walked around checking rooms still whistling to himself. The inside matched the outside. Peeling wallpaper, stains everywhere, broken kitchenware in the kitchen. It was pretty much your average abandoned old house. He started his way upstairs and stopped when he reached the top noticing a bloody handprint on one of the doorframes.

He ran his fingers across it. "Dried" He muttered to himself. After checking the room and finding nothing in it or the rest of the upstairs he started to turn back for the stairs. "There is nothing here. No sign of her at all." Even though the creature they were wanting to get was supernatural there still would have been signs.

Oka's voice came back though the earpiece. "We need a way to bring her out. See anything of use?"

Dylan shook his head even though he knew they couldn't see them. "No I don't..." His words left as he saw something he could use. "Hey guys I have a question?"

"what is it?"

"You got my back right?"

He heard the silence before Oka answered back. "Yeah we are a team remember"

Dylan picked the dusty item off the dresser and looked at it debating.. "Gene you got something that could blow a hole in the side of the house for me to escape right?"

Gene's reply came back quizzical. "Yeah for sure. What the hell are you planning?"

Dylan let his modified whip like weapon come undone from around his right arm and caught the handle in his hand then slowly started wrapping it around his fist, every time his weapon and the metal around his hands connected small sparks would fly up. He pulled out a vial of holy water and said a small prayer as he dumped in onto his weapon. He then picked back up the item and blew off the dust. "I am holding a picture of their family before the children and her died."

This time the silence was not due to being confused but to them coming to terms with what Dylan was about to do. Suddenly Gene's voice came back. "You have got to be the best decoy ever let's do this."

Oka cut him off. "You do know she is going to be dead set on killing you after you break that"

Dylan smirked. "I plan on doing more then that" He could here Gene snicker again. "Hey Gene I am going to need you to be quick about this one"

"And if I am not?"

"then I will probably scream like a little girl" He heard Gene break out in laughter as he reached the top of the staircase with the picture in his hand. The moment he reached the top of the stairs the whole house seemed to shudder. T.J. Spoke up. "Dylan my readings are starting to pick up." Dylan could only smirk. He was the one inside about to make an already angry spirit really really mad. He took a sigh as he started down the stairs slowly, he could see the front door still open. with every step the house seemed to grow angrier. "Would you just look at this family. ugly children and an ugly wife. No wonder he left. I would too." He took the picture out and smashed the picture against the wall as he reached the bottom.

Suddenly the whole close shook as the windows, shutters, the door, pretty much everything closed instantly. A loud wail could be heard upstairs. Dylan smashed a vial of holy water against the door then turned around taking a step off to the side so he wasn't in the way of the door but he could see what waited him at the top of the stairs. It was a woman dressed in a white gown with a deathly beauty about her, though her face showed extreme hatred. "On my mark Gene" Suddenly the woman let out and flew down the stairs in a flash. Dylan suddenly pulled out the picture and a lighter flicking it as he did holding the picture right above the flames reached.

The woman in white stopped when she saw what he was about to do. Dylan smirked. "If you don't want this to burn I suggest not moving." The whole house was shaking and he could feel her hate. "Mark" Suddenly a split second later the door blew inwards and any slivers of the wooden door with the holy water on it that pierced her caused her to scream while the others just went right through. Dylan ran outside to see Oka waiting in a fighting stance. Even though his ears were ringing he stopped right next to her and turned around.

"I am glad the picture..." His voiced trailed off as he patted himself down. "****" They both looked to see the picture turning to ash in the middle of the door way and the woman in white kneeling down at it. "I just messed up." He readied his weapon knowing that the full charge of the spirit's wrath was coming towards him. Only one thing was different. He could swear he saw Oka smiling out of the corners of his eye,.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka didn't flinch as the White garbed woman came flying towards the door, her face now changed into something terrifying and ugly, instead, something happened than that made the rest of the team frown in confusion. The ghostly woman stopped suddenly upon seeing Oka, her frame shook for a moment before she hisses at Oka, who in turn smiled more.
"Now that I have your attention..."
She put her hand to the ear piece on the side of her head and spoke into it, confusing the others even more.
"Ghost, are you almost done on your end?"
"Yeah, I found the grave, I just got done digging gimme another few moments to crack open the coffin."
"Understood."
She looked back as Gene's frustrated voice came through the headset.
"I'm lost, why did she stop when she saw you and who the hell is Ghost?"
"He was supposed to meet us at the motel, but as soon as I learned where she was buried I had him come out here and try to find her grave."
"So we're grave robbers now?"
"No Gene, a spirit this angry, you have to salt and burn the remains, otherwise it'll run rampant for years, maybe longer."
Dylan spoke up than.
"Okay, none of this explains why she stopped in her tracks when she spotted you boss lady."
Oka felt her eye twitch at the nick name she was suddenly landed with apparently.
"I have no idea."
She was lying, of course she knew why the woman stopped, when something evil meets something even more terrifying than it's self, it'll always stop in it's tracks. Oka felt her teeth grit as they began to hurt, oh how she longed to come face to face with a physical target that she could actually fight, smiling again she had to stop her self as she felt her teeth dig into her bottom lip, instead she frowned and let out a silent growl at the woman whose eyes grew wide as she stepped further back into the house with another hiss towards Oka.
"Hurry up Ghost. We don't have much time."
Dylan looked at her and frowned at her.
"Bull ****, that thing refuses to come out here for some reason because of you, are you covered in holy water or something?"
"Not exactly."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"It's none of your business."
Oka felt her body shift into a more ready fighting stance as the sound of another car sounded behind them, it's high beams blinded them for a moment til they shut off, Oka recognized the sound of Mr. Parker's hound instantly.
"What an idiot."
She looked over her shoulder as the man came from his truck and walked towards them.
"What are you all doing here? What have you done to my old house?"
Oka grit her teeth even more as Constance's ghost saw the man, her eyes turning red as she took in her unfaithful husband again.
"Mr. Parker, I suggest you move away from the house now."
"I don't understand..."
Dylan shoved the man back towards his truck.
"Your wife is seriously pissed off, so she's been killing people, and now she wants your ass. Get it now?"
"H-how...?
Oka let out an audible growl this time, it was taking more of her patience than she like as she whipped around on the old man, taking off her shades and pinning him with her ice blue eyes as she growled louder.
"Because of you going behind her back she killed your children and became that thing you see in the doorway, our job is to kill it!"
"You can't! If that's my Constance I have to apologize."
Oka felt her teeth hurt more til the woman behind her screeched, turning Oka saw transparent flames surround her til she evaporated into a pile of dust, her scream echoing in the air around them. Oka sighed and put her hand to the headset again.
"Good work Ghost, time to regroup and get the hell out of here."
Oka moved to walk towards the van when she felt a hand tighten around her upper arm, her throat viberating with a growl as she looked back at Gene who stood frowning at her.
"Let me go Gene."
"I think you have some explaining to do Oka, why did that thing stop when she saw you?"
"I don't have your answers, and even if I did, I couldn't give them to you. You want the trust, as the elder, but your not getting it out of me. You've given me no reason to trust you with something that's been burdening me for most of my life yet. We all have secrets, you keep yours til your ready and I'll do the same with mine. Got it?"
"If it's endangers our lives?"
"I think it's because of me Dylan didn't get his face torn into piece tonight. Now, regroup at the motel, Ghost, meet us there. We leave in the morning."
Gene crossed his arms over his chest.
"For where?"
"West Virginia."
"Why there?"
"I received coordinates from a source saying we should head there next. So we're going."
She gave them no more room for argument as they piled into the van and headed back to the motel, leaving Mr. Parker to mourn his wife a second time.
That morning Oka woke up, stretching she let out a yawn and opened her eyes to see TJ staring at her, the others still dozing lightly.
"Thought I was the only early bird."
TJ shook his head slightly.
"My mom always got up early, plus I'm a light sleeper."
He walked the rest of the way into the room from the bathroom and sat down on his bed looking at her sideways.
"What?"
He shook his head before toweling his face dry from where he no doubt had just trimmed the small beard on his chin. He looked up, his eyes meeting her's through her shades.
"Why did that thing stop dead when it saw you...?"
Oka pinched the bridge of her nose before she rose from her bed, her feet instantly slipping into her boots which she laced quickly, grabbing her gloves from her night stand she looked up at him.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Outside."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He nodded and led the way out the door, which she closed behind them and looked around making sure no one was around, taking her headset she made sure it was off and watched as TJ did the same thing, she was thankful; she wasn't ready for many people to know just yet. Taking a deep breath she took off her shades and looked up at him.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Years ago, my brother and I took a mission, just the two of us, we were stupid for thinking we could handle it our selves. He was still pretty tired from a recruit he had been training for most of the week, said the guy was a quick learner so he had taken him through most of the training in just under a week, Kai was stupid for that."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Taking another deep breath and put her shades back on and looked around again making sure that they were still on their own, they were. She could neither hear or catch a scent of any one near them. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"The mission was rumors of a beast that was terrorizing a small town outside of Oregon. We had no idea what we were really going into. When we got there it was pitch black, the town was empty, no one was around no matter how hard we looked. The moon gave us minimal light that night, the attack came out of no where. Kai and I were blindsided, these things thought we were going to be bringing a full sector, not just our selves. Food for feast would be my guess."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Scratching the back of her neck she looked down at her boot before back up to him.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"One of them bit me before we were able to evac from there. It wasn't til later on that I found out what they really were or what I was going to become. Thankfully Kai taught me how to control it better and I'm able to use it to my advantage now more than anything."
TJ frowned at her suddenly.
"What exactly were they?"
"Were's."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Were's?"
She nodded before leaning on the motel, pinching the bridge of her nose again.
"Wolves to be more specific."
"So that's why she stopped like that, she was intimidated by you..."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka nodded.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Most likely. I really have no idea why she stopped to be honest. Maybe I did scare her a bit, but it's not like I would have been able to touch her so I really don't know why she did it."
He nodded again.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"TJ, you'll keep this to your self won't you?"
He nodded once more before he walked back into the motel room with out another word. Oka could only sigh and tap the back of her head against the side of the motel. She couldn't blame him, it was alot to absorb. Shaking her head she pat her back pockets, feeling her wallet she put her hands in her pocket and moved towards town, she might as well get breakfast since she was already awake.[/color][/font]

Ghost spread the salt over the corpse's remains and said a few words before burning the remains.

"Find piece with your children in heaven as God is forgiving and understanding. No more torment and no more pain. It is time to lay down for a final rest." He says digging into his pockets.

As he placed two quaters over her closed eyes to pay for the fairy to heaven. He would like a torch and light the remains on fire. Over the headset, he could hear the spirit burn and turn to ectoplasmic dust. He took a deep breath and burried the remains of the corpse he just burnt. He placed a head stone with the woman in white's full name on it along side a few more for her children she killed.

"May the deeds you have done be forgiven in the after-life and enjoy all time with your children woman in white." Laying a white rose with two red roses on either side of the white rose.

He held his finger on the headset. Listening into the conversation before Oka ordered everyone to return to the motel. He wanted to ask what motel as he only arrived half an hour ago from the Oklahoma Hunter's branch.
Slings his rifle over his shoulder and presses on the talk button on the headset to comfirm the new orders.

"Roger that Ma'am. Please send motel location and room number to my personal cell. Ghost out." He says placing the headset into his pocket and pulling out his cell to confirm the location.

He recieved the location and room number and contacted his branch for confirmation on being reasigned to this high ranking unit. He nodded as he listened to his branch leader give him orders. Mostly on keeping his mouth shut and try to make his home branch look good in the re-assignment. He said he'd drop by before leaving to say goodbye to everyone around ten am the day before heading out with Miss Oka. He'd hope in his truck and drove off to the motel which was rather odd seeing as he lived in that same motel just on the other side of the place.

"Well..being re-assigned to a new Hunter cell isn't my idea of punishment..." Says out loud thinking to himself as he adjusts his mask to make it easier to drive in the dark. "...But those guys seem like a messed up bunch. I'm sure to fit in!" He would say even louder doing the fist pump and almost drived right off the road into oncoming trafic. "OH ****!" He yelled out getting back on the right side of the road.

He sighed and drived silently to the motel. He parked next to a van with tinted windows and sighed.

"I hope they aren't driving that....thing." He's always hated those vans. Didn't know why but he shrugged and carried his rifle and a small bag upstairs to the teams room.

He took a deep breath and almost knocked on the door but backed away as he placed the bag right at the door then knocked on the door before walking off down the balcony to his room. He didn't want to meet his new team members after what he heard on the headset in the night so he decided he'd talk to Oka at least to get orders signed so it was completely official he was intergrated into her team. He slide his key card through the card reader and opened his door. His room was basically the same way he rented it. Plain and simple. Just a small bench for his ammo modifications and for his mask which he took off and placed where it normally goes.

"Well Pops and Ma....I'm doing important things even if the world will never know of it. I miss you both so much." Right next to where his mask is placed is the only photo of his adopted parents and himself.

It was taken when he turned seventeen. They both passed away a year later. He promised them he'd do something to help better the world. To make sure no kid was abandoned and left to die just because the parents where drug adicts and where afraid of their own son's eyes. He striped down to his boxers and layed ontop of his covers. He eventually drifted off to sleep till he heard voices when the day broke into his room in rays across his bed. It sounded like Miss Oka was talking to someone. He could barely make out the words but didn't want to intrued on the private conversation. He'd wait till they get done talking before going to introduce himself properly to Miss Oka.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Gene was still uneasy about what transpired the night of the ambush, but, he was thankful that Dylan was able to make it out of the situation unharmed. To Gene, a mission would'bt be accomplished unless all of his team mates were out safe and alive, scratches and injuries aside, as long as they were breathing through their lungs, it was a complete mission none the less. Still, the man looked at the stance their "Boss Lady" had that evening, still shaken that she alone was able to surpress the woman in white where she stood...or floated for that matter. Yet despite all the hustle and bustle, Gene knew on the inside there was something not right with Oka, and it was something dangerous indeed. Dangerous enough to raise the last warning flag about a person before he had to take his own initiative and snoop around. Thankfully, he had the sources and resources to use with his former team in Texas, the best damned HUnter's he's known for years all working together as a unit. The current one he was with was not too bad, a little rough around the edges, but at least they got the job done. Still, having no faith in their team lead was something everyone should be concerned with. Gene was the last to wake in the hotel room, Dylan just returned from the bathrom, showered and ready for their trek to their new destination in West Virginia. He seemed calm and poised, his usual demenor that he flaunted around the others besides the once in a while silent treatment. Most would be shocked with coming so close to a spectre, but the man had balls, Gene had to admit that. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Still angry about last night?" Dylan broke the silence, bringing Gene out from his deep thinking as the man continued to get dressed.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"You know what's on my mind, don't play coy with me"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I'm not, it's been on my mind too. Honestly, I should have been dead, but thanks to Oka, I'm not" Dylan grinned as he gathered his things. "They're both outside, Oka and T.J. Guess their our early birsds of the group, lord knows that's not me in this case" [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I guess" Gene replied, finally gathering all of his things, strapping his Bow across his chest along with his arrows strapped to his pouch, the man got up from the bed and made his way to the door, stopping meer inches away from the handle. "You know I don't trust Oka, don't you?" Gene turned his head slightly to the side to glance back at his team mate.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Yes, that's a bit obvious, especially after her actions last night and "not knowing" how she was able to do it. I'm a little on edge too, but I gotta hand it to her, she got the job done and saved my ass. I'm on my toes as well, but for now, I'll see how things play out" Dylan responded, Gene nodded slightly before opening the door, seeing Oka and T.J standing outside. T.J smiled as he saw Gene, Oka kept her same emotionless face as the man closed the door and walked towards the stairs. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Where do you think you're going? If we're all up then we have to get packing for West Virginia" Oka spoke, Gene stopped in his place and turned around, his arms crossed over his chest once more.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"A location with 2 Hunter groups already assigned? Please, don't tell me your grandmother went missing this time too" Gene smirked, seeing the angry glare coming from Oka was just another breeze to him. She was too in tune with her emotions, not someone with leadership potential, no matter what the circumstances. The woman calmed herself, placing a hand on her hip and calmed herself.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"With an attitude like that, I doubt anyone would put their trust in you..."[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Trust is earned girlie, not given. As far as I'm concened, I TRUST one of my arrows to hit you between the eye. That's the trust you have with me" Gene narrowed his eyes slightly, Oka looked directly into them with anger and slight confusion. No one spoke a word as the calm breeze made its noise, traveling through the air as if it needed to be noticed by humans. Gene turned back towards the staris and made his way towards the van. "I'm driving for this one, now hurry up and get ready" Hitting the bottom step, Gene made his way to the van and entered the drivers seat, reaching to his earpiece to contact a friend.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Dial Carla Martiez, Texas division"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"One moment" Spoke the female operator, silence took over before a female voice answere the call.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Carla here"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Carla, it's Gene"[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Howdy Gene, how's the new assignment and all? We miss you on our team"

"I miss y'all too. Listen, I need detaled intell on my new team leader, first name Oka. I wanna know everything about this *****, no loose strings. Ya got me suga?" Gene could hear some typing on the other end.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"I'll get to work on that right away, I'll give you a call when I have something for you." The line went dead, Gene started the van and noticed the gas was only half was full, bucking his seatbelt, he decided to fill it up before their long trek cross country. [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#B22222]T.J. shook his head as he sat on the edge of the nearest bed to his bag. He reached into his bag and moved some of the bats around and gave a nod as he saw a glint reflecting off of one of the bats. He zipped his bag back up after putting the bag for his clothes back into it and slung it over his shoulder. He made his way out to the van, resting a hand on Oka's shoulder as he passed her. He put his bag back in the trunk, shutting it afterward. He raised an eyebrow after seeing that Gene had made a call, but made no comment on it. Wasn't really any of his business anyway. He gave a glance to the unfamiliar face as they started over to the group. TJ gave the man little regard aside from tensing up defensively.[/color][/size]

[color=#B22222][size=3]He headed up to sit in the passenger seat, leaving the door open as he took a seat. TJ looked over his shoulder to Gene, raising an eyebrow. After catching Gene's glance, TJ gave a slight head movement toward the guy that just showed up. Gene gave a shrug as well as they both watched in the mirrors to see the guy move to Oka. The two began to speak and TJ just shrugged it off. "Guess it's someone she knows," he said, readjusting in his seat and relaxing somewhat.[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]Gene shrugged it off. "Beats me. Gonna go fill up before we get rolling though."[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]TJ gave a nod. "I'll keep you company. It's best for us to at least hang out in pairs," he said, pulling his seat belt on. "If that's alright that is," TJ said with a chuckle, tipping his cap up.[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]Gene smirked. "No matter to me, man," he said, starting the car and pulling out of the lot. The others look confused, but TJ shot them a text before they were out of eyeshot reading: "Filling up. Be back momentarily."[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]"I'd ask if everything was alright, but it's not hard to see that the boss doesn't give you a lot of room to trust her," TJ said, looking down the road. Gene shook his head, rubbing his temple. "I understand. I guess it doesn't bother me because I'd only become a hunter to help people despite their problems. The guy that recruited me went missing too, but I haven't heard anything saying they found remains or anything so at least I know he's alive," he said, sighing. "Guess as long as we're helping her while getting jobs done, we're still doing what we're supposed to. Just...seems misguided though."[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]"Well, you're right. It does seem misguided. Just wish we could actually trust our 'leader.' She's telling us to do what she wants us to do without giving us rhyme or reason. And then that spirit just stops in its tracks with no explanation. I don't like working with someone who ain't telling me everything," Gene said with an obvious bad taste in his mouth. They pulled into the gas station and Gene jumped out and started pumping fuel as TJ had gotten out, leaning against his door.[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]"We'll figure it out, chief. Until then, we keep doing our job. She'll tell us when she's ready. Gotta figure she's leading us for a reason or another," TJ said, stroking his hairless chin. "You ever shave more than you mean to end up taking everything off? Hate that..." he said, sidetracked momentarily. Gene just shook his head with a chuckle after hanging the pump back up. TJ looked up. "Uh...don't mind me... Just talk to myself more than I'd like."[/size][/color]

[color=#B22222][size=3]Gene gave a shrug. "No big man. Let's head back and get this show on the road," he said, jumping back into the drivers seat as TJ hopped back in as well for the two took off back for the motel to pick up the others.[/size][/color][/font] Edited by Kayin

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka shook her head as the van pulled back into the motel, taking a deep breath she looked back at the other two and inclined her head towards the vehicle.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I'll check out. You guys go ahead."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]They nodded and walked to the van as she walked into the office and began to check out, she stopped as her phone rang, looking at the caller ID she frowned and put enough money on the counter before walking out while answering her phone.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Tomya."
"Oka, one of your sector is being to nosey for his own good. There was a attempted breach in your file. We stopped and tracked it back to his old sector from Texas. I need to speak with Gene. Now."
"Elder, we're half way across the flippin country, how-"
"I sent Lucas to collect you."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"And the mission?"
"You'll pick it up again after I have a conversation with the young man. Your secret is supposed to stay that way. Your one of the best operatives we have due to your gift, if you were to be found out than there would be a hunt for you and we can NOT afford to lose you. Not with your brother still missing."
Oka pinched the bridge of her nose knowing exactly who it probably was.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Gene...."
"Yes. That young man needs to accept what he has been given or step down. We can't have someone like that in a sector. He's been questioning your missions and your orders. Plus the search for your brother."
"Well in all defense Elder, if I were able to give them the truth about...all of this, I seriously doubt he would be so inclined to mistrust me. In his shoes I would be the same way."
"Mistrusting is one thing, he is outwardly questioning his leader, that I can not let slide. To much is riding on this and on your finding Kaion. Your brother has to much information to just be roaming around out there."
"Information on what Elder?"
"I'll fill you in more when you arrive. Lucas should be there."
Oka looked up as she began to hear helicopter blades approaching them. Shaking her head she flipped her phone shut and walked to the van, reaching in she took the keys and put them in her pocket. Pinning Gene with a look she looked at him over the brim of her glasses.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You couldn't just keep your damn nose out of anything could you?"
He shot her a glare before she tilted her head towards the helicopter getting close.
"Thanks to you, we're being set back about a day or so. Next time you get overly curious just because some one has secrets...do us all a favor and keep it to your self."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She looked up as TJ took a breath to speak.
"And I know what your gonna say, if things weren't so shady than it wouldn't cause problems, I get that, but I don't really have much of a choice at this point. But for now we're going back to the Chapel, the Elder wants to speak to you."
She looked at Gene as she spoke.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What did I do?"
"What didn't you do? Really, your gonna ask that question? You think that with anything to hide from people there wouldn't be security measures on my information? How blinded by discrimination do you have to be against me? Just because you don't have all the information you think I'm gonna get you killed, if anything, I'm what's gonna keep you alive. Think about that next time you decide that I have more secrets than the next person."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She leaned away from the van as the chopped landed in the yard next to the motel.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Keep your heads down as much as possible."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Tilting her body she ran towards the chopper and hopped in, followed shortly by the others, clapping a hand on the pilot's shoulder he looked up at her. His unruly red hair coming out from under his helmet, his watery eyes looking up at her, he was pale which had her worried.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Lucas, I thought you were on sick leave."
"I'm the best we have, can't slack off now."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Even with your condition?"
He looked back out the windshield and shook his head.
"Can't hide it from you...can I?"
"Never could."
"I don't feel like dying in a bed Oka. I'd rather be doing what I love."
She nodded and sat down behind him to hear his better.
"Any luck on Kai?"
"None...there were no leads here at all. He contacted me about the attacks in WV."
"I'm not surprised. Apparently alot of our sectors are going off line in the last week, which is why you've been sent all over gods green earth."
"What do you mean?"
"Well from some of the reports it seems like all the Chapels are burning to the ground, one by one, none of the operatives are coming forth if they're surviving. Kai had maps in his room that the Elder found, it connected all of them together, apparently all the points he made are being hit in succession with what he had mapped out."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka frowned and looked at her gloved hands. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"He never told me any of this..."
"Apparently he started putting all this together after he got done training this one guys a few months back...said this guys was supposed to be his successor or something like that."
"He mentioned that to me too...but he never gave me the guys name, or even what he looked like."
"Well this was all right before he went AWOL."
"He didn't abandon us Luc...he..."
"I know Oka...I know, he was my best friend. I know."
"Do NOT talk about him like he's gone. He's still out there."
"And he knows something, which is why your following where he's been."
She blinked than and looked into the mirror.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Following...?"
"The Elder didn't tell you why he gave you that book? It's the same book Kai composed before he left. Elder thinks he's trying to tell us something, so he sent you to look for your brother by following that book and where he's been sighted."
She nodded, finally getting a few things together in her mind, she looked back at Lucas and took a deep breath.
"How much longer?"
"About an hour. Get comfortable."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She nodded and leaned back into the seat she had taken, opening her eyes she looked at Gene, leaning forward she put her elbows on her knees and pinned him with another look.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Hear that? I'm not just looking for him off an emotional standpoint. Seems everyone else is to. Ya know, before you go questioning things you have no right digging into, maybe you should actually take a step back and think that maybe there's a reason for some of the maddness."
"There's no reason for you to be hiding things from us. I can't trust some one like you."
She rolled her eyes before suddenly standing and pinning him to the side of the interior of the chopper, the yells of Lucas and the other's telling her to stop rang dully in her ears as she stared at the man in her grasp.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You know what...I'm sick of your additude."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She could see him smirk, she felt the arrow against her skin, only this time she didn't care.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Go ahead. You think you can kill me before I rip your throat out? Think again human. You want to know what I'm hiding, what I'm supposed to keep a secret, from everyone? Even what's left of my family besides my brother? Fine, you get your wish...just remember, you pushed me to this."
She tightened her hand around his throat and growled dangerously as she felt someone trying to pry her off, her eyes taking on a blood thirsty glint as she took her shades off, she felt her teeth beginning to hurt, she could feel them elongating. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"If you wanted a sector who told you everything, you chose the wrong profession. No one tells everyone everything. You think I'm so bad at my job you have to have your little friends check up on me, which way to go, you probably just got them in a world of ****. But you think I'm such a bad leader? You think I let my emotions run me? Than YOU do it. I'm sick of your **** and I'm tired of you thinking your better than me just because you know how to be a heartless bastard. You can suck it up and work with us, or I can throw you out of this chopper above Texas with a goddamn perichute and you and can walk your cranky ass back to your old sector."
He narrowed his eyes at her. seeing the feral change in her as she stared him down, it wasn't til Oka felt a sharp pain in her shoulder that she came out of her own little world. The Elder standing next to you, a syringe in his hand, now empty. Feeling her world spin she fell forward being caught by the old man who handed her to TJ.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Get her to the commons arean. Gene, you and I need a word. NOW."
Not giving him any room to argue the older man led the way to his office and shut his door behind them.
"You have a choice right now young man, you can be relocated back to your old sector, or you can tuck in your pride, your snobbery towards your leader and do your job."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"She's not="
"Yours to judge my boy. You think we don't know what she's capable of? You think we don't everything there is to know about that woman? Your sadly mistaken. We know EVERYTHING. Even the type of toothpaste she uses. BUT her information is on a need to know basis, and YOU do NOT need to know. Am I clear?"
"Elder, I can not trust someone like her. She's hiding to much."
"She hides what she must. I think you can tell from the confrontation you just had with her that there something off about her, but I can assure you. She is doing what she is supposed to do. If I get one more report of you back talking your leader, or disregarding her orders in anyway, I'll have you back in Texas before your able to comprehend what had happened. I picked you specifically for this team because I thought you would be a valuable asset. Do not make me regret that choice like you have so far my boy, or I will kick you back and find someone else to fill your position."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He gave Gene no room to argue with him, but as Gene turned to walked away the Elder gained his attention one last time.
"And the search of her brother is not only a personal goal of her's but mine as well. Her brother needs to be found, do not take it lightly and I must request that stop taking it lightly. If your being sent to an area, it means your needed. Whether there are others there or not. Point is, your missions are set and your to do your job with out question. If you can not handle that, get out now."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]The Elder walked behind his desk and stacked some papers together before looking up at Gene.
"Your dismissed young man. But before you go, a word of advice, do not anger her further than what you have. Your the best with that bow of yours, but trust me, you have no idea what that woman is capable of doing to you in a matter of moments if pushed far enough."[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka rubbed her jaw slowly, looking over at Lucas who just shook his head.
"Hey, I tried to tell you..."
"You did a poor job of it."
"Yeah well, I wasn't about to get in your way woman, your teeth were coming out...I saw that myself. Last time that happened Kai wound up in the OR."
She shook her head running her tongue across her teeth before sighing, she looked up as Lucas walked around to the back of her chair and put his hands on her shoulders and began to rub circles into her muscles.
"You need to keep that in check little lady. I don't think Kai would be to impressed you let him get the better of you.
"I can't help it...that termite rubs my fur that wrong way..."
"I get it, I do. I didn't like him either, but you have to keep that under wraps. You know what the Elder said...if you ever tell a soul..."
"I remember...he has my family under servallience...and he can have them killed just as easily as he can have them saved...I know."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Lucas nodded before giving her a brotherly hug which she accepted quietly til she caught his scent.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"How long has it been since-?
"Months, since Kai left..."
She nodded.
"You shouldn't neglect your medication just because he's gone Lu..."
"He's a brother to me Oka...I can't help but worry."
She squeezed his arm.
"I'll find him Lu...I promise."
He nodded before releasing her, standing she watched as Gene came from the Elder's office, looking pissed, he looked at her once and than stalked away. The Elder emerged a moment later.
"Lucas, can you take them to West Virginia please? They have a mission there, and since the sectors in that area are missing we need them there asap."
Lucas nodded before leading the team back to the chopper. The ride was quiet and all Oka could do was stare out the window and pray that things got easier from here. But knowing the Elder and seeing how Gene was...she had a feeling it was only gonna get worse. She closed her eyes and leaned on the side deciding to take a nap instead of worry to much over it. [/color][/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]The ride was silent inside the shuttle fo the helicopter, no one spoke a word as the team remained to themselves during the whole trip, Oka seemed to be taking a nap, Dylan and T.J got to know the new recruit "Ghost" a little better, to feel him out and get his information. Gene crossed his legs and arms as he rested, sitting on the opposite row from Oka facing his own window, looking outside with a lazy yet thoiughtful stare as the man thought to himself. An organization he joined to exterminate vermin like Oka, or whatever she has become, is protecting her for some reason. It didn't sit well with the military man, but nothing about this whole situation from the start did, especially their side trip to rescure her family member. It didn't matter to the man if it was her own mother, with everything in wraps as the Elders so elequantly explained, he knew his hunches were correct. Something wasn't right, and now it goes as deep as to their superiors. Gene is a military man, disciplined and trained to do the right thing, but when his senses collide with a direct order, its usually something up, and this was proof to it. The elder may have chewed his ass for the recent stunts, but at least he was proud of himself not to punch the man directly in the face. The nerve he had to shout at a seasoned veteran of the Hunters, none in his sector would dare to do something so foolish. Gene continued to peer outside the copters window, the environment changed as did the scenery, they were making good time with transport, the others were well prepared and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Gene took the time to close his eyes and rest a little, the morning hadn't started out well, but with some solidarity he would be able to regain his ground. [/font]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"...I'm sorry to report this to you Gene, I know we all loved him as a son, but..." The doctor of the base sat Gene down outside of the E.R. "...he's lost too much blood fromt he ambush, and with the base as tattered as it is, we lost our blood bank supplies as well..." Gene's heart dropped more and more as the seconds passed while the doctor tried to explain the situation. The Texas division fell under attack from an unknown enemy during the midnight hours of operations, many hunters died while the ones remaining did their best to defend their base and avenge their fallen allies. Gene was on the front lines with his team and superiors back then, what he didn't expect was the civilian housing area to be easily overcome by the great force. "...Your son passed away thirty minutes ago Gene, I'm sorry" The news struck Gene's heart like an arrow, the man lost all control of his emotional barriers and lost it right there and then, tears flowed freely down his cheeks as the man sunk his face into his hands and sobbed openly, the medical officer, clearly worn and tired from the extensive surgery and ambush attack, conforted the man as best he could with a light hug. It was a friendly gesture to someone who's watched over the boy on countless occasions while his father was out on a mission. [/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]'Please...not him, not my baby boy..." Gene tried to control his breathing, but the pain was too much for him. The doctor shed a tear himself, but could say nothing to comfort his friend.[/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"I'm sorry Gene" Anger grew more and more inside the broken man, suddenly, he stood from his chair and darted down the hallway, back outside where the last of the Hunters surrounded the enemy targets. Wounded and weak, but theyu stuck together like a true pack would, Gene reached for his bow and snapped it to his side, the ends extending as he reached behind his pouch to grab his silver arrows. Barging through the doors, he saw in full light the damage done to their base, the sounds of warning sirens screamed in the air as he looked around, seeing his fellow hunters in a group as they surrounded their enemy. In clear light, they were wolves, large monsters of the forest that every Hunter should fear if alone, but now, they had a reason to fear the sharpshooting huntsman. Charging forward, Gene aimed his weapon and released the arrow, in lightning speed it struck the lead werewolf in his forehead, only to exit from the back and strike the brick wall with great force, leaving a medium sized dent. More arrows shot through the air and hit their target, square in the forhead with no misses, everyone stood back as they saw their leader strike down the beasts of burden one by one. Gene would not usually use an unfair advantage against an enemy who was cornered and outnumbered, but the man was out for blood tonight, and blood is what he got. [/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"Gene" Carla screamed, but the man was too fargon in his mind to respond as he launched arrow after arrow to the deceased bodies of the wolves. A vengeful, almost deathly glare remained on his face as the man drooled out the side of his mouth as he continued his onslaught. [/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"Gene!!" Another one of his subbordinates cried out, this one reaching fo his shoulder over and over again. More and more in the mans eyes could he see the accomplishments of his attack, blood seeped quickly from his kill's body and pooled around the lifeless corpse. The sirens continued to scream in the air as more Hunters from nearby sectors came to aid their fight. Gene stopped his onslaught as he stood looking down at his enemy, breathing heavily for a few moments before tunring to his team members.[/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"Find them....and kill them all!!" Gene roared with mighty authority and stamina.[/i][/font][/b]

[b][font=times new roman, times, serif][i]"YES SIR!" They all achknowledged the order as they hunted in groups to rid their base of the werewolves.[/i][/font][/b]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]The helicopter made a smooth landing in the mountain regions of West Virginia, they seemed to be 3 miles outside of Boone County, a coal mining town with "backwater" hillbillies and a population of mountain evergreen. The team slowly unbuckled themselves and gathered their things, Gene doing the same as he strapped his arrow pouch tightly and grabbed his bow in his hand. The motors of the helicopter slowed with a deep humming sound as the pilot, Luca, safely turned off the power and proceded to run his check list for their emergency departure, if there was to be one. One by one, the Oka's team exited the helicopter and began to gather in a circle to hear the briefing. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Alright, even with out slight delay we should be able to make some good time. It's noon right now, so we can grab some chow in town when we find a place. You all know the key details of this mission, so stay together and [i]WORK[/i] togehter. Is that clear?" Everyone nodded, Gene made no jesture that he achknowledged her order, only stared at the "Boss Lady" with a questionable look. Suddenly, his phone vibrated, it caught the man by surprise. Flipping his phone open, it was a text message from an unknown number.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Remember what I told you..." Gene bit his lower lip hard as he closed his phone and placed it back in his pocket.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Something wrong Gene?" Oka asked, the man had more than a million smart ass comments he could say, but with his warnings from the Elder, he would have to wait. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"No, I understand the mission. Let's get this over with already so I can go home." Snapping how bow to life, Gene merely stretched his arms waiting for thier walk.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]"Alright then..." It caught Oka by surprise a little about Gene's reluctaness to obey her command, but she knew it wasn't something he wanted to do. Turning, she and Dylan lead the group while T.J and Ghost held the flanks, Gene scoping the back as they completed their circle formation and began to trek into town. Gene had his bow already in attack mode as he peered straight at Dylan and Oka, but mostly the wolf girl. Gritting his teeth slightly he pushed onward.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]([i]Filthy b**** of a mutt...) [/i]Gene thought to himself as they came close to town.[/font] Edited by Shwa

The group got into the helicopter but before Ghost when to join them. He'd reach into his truck and pull out a large duffle bag. It was his emergancy deployment bag. It had enough MREs to last three weeks out in the wild. Spare cloths which contained a small camo modification suit to adapt to new surroundings, and a mix of ammo for his L96C and the Colt Special .45 pistol. He'd always pack this bag every morning before heading out to work just incase. He walked over to Oka and saluted her before handing her transfer papers to sign. Once she signed it he saluted her again and moved onto getting inside the helicopter. Once inside, he sat somewhere just out of reach of most. He was thinking of asking to leave and go back to his home cell but Oka did request him by name which meant she's either heard of his skill or someone with high enough clearence passed info to Oka that made her want him on the team. It didn't matter to Ghost. He followed orders, well mostly. When off mission or during some down time. He'd get in trouble alot for talking and bending regulations at home. It annoyed the suppers to no end but when he was on a mission. Either assigned or personal. He was sharp and pretty much determined to see it through. To him, this was just another assignment.

He'd closed his eyes to slip into a memory to review what has happened. Remembering all the faces, names, places, and every little detail of his room. His edetic memory was a gift and a curse. He could remember what he had for his first meal almost to the point of when he was born but it also meant he remembered every little detail on how much his life was hell before he was left to die in Oregon at the age of five. If not for what he considered to be his real parents. Biological or not. He'd be dead and just another missing person's case that never got solved. Ghost takes a deep breath before the little spat between Oka and the one called Gene snapped him out of his trance as he quickling reassembled his pistol in less then two seconds and readies it for defensive purpose. Oka was in some kind of trance herself brought on by anger instilled by the one called Gene. Gene had that cold shoulder his adopted father had. Military most likely but there was a hint of pain in it. Something he lost turned him into a cold dark stone. Oka seemed to have a fire in her. Gene claims that Oka is run by emotion. Oka claims Gene's a heartless bastard. He shook his head and holstered his pistol when the Elder interviened. Putting an end to the spat of the two who let the emotions burn unchecked.

After a while. TJ and Oka came back to the copter along with Gene who seems to have gotten his ass chewed by a chuwawa. The other one named Dylan seems to have a more grayed view on the two. TJ seems to be a nice guy. Even though he will miss his home unit. This unit could prove to be fun and exciting if they stop fighting each other.
Ghost closed his eyes again and started to remember a book he read about a month ago. It was about the new mods for the L96 model sniper rifle. A new scope that is smaller then his but offers thermal and night vision as well as a hundred times zoom. New carbon parts that would help reduce the weight of the rifle as well as a new barrel that's supposed to increase long range hits and decrease the flash of the muzzle. He'd already purchased these mods but it was still good to look at them while on this trip. He took a deep breath and open his eyes.

Ghost saw two of the guys come up to him. To talk to him and get some kind of information out of him during the long silent copter ride. He went through this with every person he's ever met. The generic questions like: "What's with the mask or What's wrong with your eyes or the most asked question of all. Why is your name Ghost?" Ghost already had a response ready and decided to just say it before they could ask the questions.

"My mask is to hide my face. I want to be remembered for what I've done. Not on how I look. I don't have some messed up face. I don't have scars under the mask either. My eyes are like this since birth. It's a very rare genetic mutation that causes an abnormal color to for around the pupil. Most have one eye colored different from the other and the reason why my name is Ghost is because by the US government. I don't exist. No birth certificate and no social security number." Ghost said pulling out the Colt .45 pistol and a small cleaning tool.

He'd ejected the clip then pulled the top of the pistol back to eject the unused bullet out. Catching it with the same hand that ejected it and sliding it back into the magazine of the pistol. He'd pull the top back to indicate it was empty and started to push the cleaning tool down the barrel of his pistol. He'd ocassionally check the sights on the pistol as he cleaned the barrel. It was more or less a habit of his to clean and check his guns whenever possible. As they touched down, the pilot named Lucas. He's a sweet guy and he looks like he's in pain but carries on with his job. Started to turn off the engines in order before checking the list for emergancy dust off. He was the last one out before he patted the pilot's shoulder indicating he did a great job with the flying.

As they gathered around, Oka gave them a short breifing. As she says work together and everyone says Ok, in this case for Ghost it was roger. He sinced Gene hesitating for a moment before pushing his pride back. If something isn't settled between them two. They'd have alot more to worry about the some bear attacking hikers and campers. Ghost stopped the group before kneeling down to dig in his duffle bag.

"What's the hold up?" Dylan said like nothing was wrong.

"I brought something along that might help us stay in contact with each other and if in trouble it would guide us to your exact location via military grade GPS." Ghost says handing out handsets to everyone. On the handsets where an ear piece that's designed to not fall off nor break in any weather condition. Part way down the line near the jaw was a round thing that stuck to the throat. "That is what captures your voice. It helps cut out white noise and unwanted chatter from others." Ghost says showing how to put it on. "The handsets are already set to a secure channel. If you get lost or in trouble. The handsets will send out a locator beacon and we'll get a notification of it on ours. We'll be able to find you within a ten meter radius of the beacon." Ghost says slinging his bag back over his back.

It was important to make sure the team could find each other just incase as well be able to communicate with each other. TJ asked a questioned.

"Why do we need these when we have or cells?" TJ asked. Which was a valid question.

"Out in the mountains. The cells have little to no reception of comercial grade satalittes. Handheld systems like walkies are limited to range and are effected by terrain. These are military grade comms and GPS systems designed to work in almost any condition. They are waterproof, damage resistant, and have a long battery life. Perfect considering that I did some research in the area we are operating in. There are a lot of abandoned mines around here. Mostly coal mines but some are copper and other metals that could effect signal power and radius." Ghost says almost kind of proud of it. "This was gift from my folks last year."

They continued the hike as he enjoyed the scenery.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#B22222][size=3]TJ nodded a thanks to Ghost as he equipped himself with the new comm. "I'm sure we'll need these. Appreciate it," he said, pulling his cap off and tucking it in his bag. He adjusted his sweatshirt and looked to the others as they continued their march. As they finally reached the outskirts of town, TJ paused, thinking he caught a glimpse of something. He shook the image from his head. "See something?" Gene asked.

TJ gave a shrug. "I'm really not sure to be honest. If I was, I'd have already been in pursuit," he said, keeping his attention that way just in case.

Oka glanced over her shoulder. "I advise that we split up here. We'll meet at the inn tonight and report to each other frequently. Pair up if you want to. I'll be looking into some things myself. I'll contact you within the hour unless I find something pressing," she said. "We're supposedly dealing with bears, but I don't buy it. Find what you can," she finishes and headed off.

TJ scratched the back of his head. "So how do we want to do this? Our skill sets are probably compatible all of the way around, so...?" TJ scratched the back of his head, having no real preference yet.[/size][/color][/font] Edited by Kayin

Ghost walked holding the rifle with the barrel pointing down over the left foot and the butt near the right shoulder as they walked. TJ was talking as well as scratching the back of his head. His tone was non-preference. Ghost reached over and grabbed TJ by the collar of his shirt. Pulling him close while keeping a steady pace to cover the flank. Ghost didn't pull too hard just enough to get TJ within semi-whispering distance.

"Don't be too indecive TJ. That gets people killed." Ghost said in a more monotoned voice while readjusting TJ's shirt collar. "I'm better off in the distance where my rifle can do it's best. I assume you have a better close quaters fighting skills then I. I'm more or less a straight up puncher. Doesn't mean I can't hold my own against a few rough guys at bar. Got a colt .45 and a bowie knife for personal protection.": Ghost said pulling the handgun out to show to TJ before returning it to it's under left arm holster then tapping the bowie knife on the right hip. TJ showed mild interest before talking again.

"So what's the real reason you pulled me in this close?" TJ said. Still in a casual tone.

"Miss Oka is a werewolf and Gene seems to have it out for her spot as leader." Ghost said a bit more quietly. Luckily the coms only activate if the button is pushed or set to continuous broadcast. "From what happened on the heli before we got flown here....Something happened to Gene in his past to have a distinct hatred for were's. The Elder has something of great value to Miss Oka otherwise she'd would of went to find her brother long ago and...there seems to be something going on much bigger then we are led on to believe. If you look at all the awol and demolished Hunter chapels...to that book...it's a safe bet that Miss Oka's brother is either the one corrupting the awol hunters and/or destroying the HQs. Or something is following Miss Oka's brother and is causing the problems." Ghost got in real close to TJ's ear. "Or something even worse...Miss Oka's brother has found something very dangerous to the Elder's position. Thus..the Elder is trying to find Miss Oka's brother to either kill or imprison him before he can spill the beans." ~Ghost moves back in arms reach of TJ before letting off a laugh. "Hey TJ didn't get you for a comedian. That was a great joke.

The others look back but just kept walking while TJ looked a bit confused but just went with it and laughed as well. Ghost gave TJ a 'keep it between us' look before handing TJ a water canteen. "Look a bit thirsty TJ. Here take a drink. Let's get to know each other a bit more. Seems like we are getting paired up for a while." Ghost said trying to make a friend in this strange group.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Oka walked through the woods as quietly as she could, things seemed alright for the most part so far, but something made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end and she didn't like it. She kept moving through the area til something caught her nose, it was foul and set off every alarm in her brain. Creeping around the trunk of a tree she peered into a ransacked campsite, the tents torn to shreds, blood was everywhere causing her to cover her nose and hold back the notion to gag. Shaking it off she moved further into the campsite and began to look through things, catching scents here and there til one back her back peddle quickly. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]",,,Oh no..."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She looked around anxiously before backing from the area slowly, keeping her ears and eyes peeled, the smell she had caught was worse than the stagnant blood soaking into the earth, it was old, and rotten; much like sour milk. [/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Once she was far enough out she spun around and began to run towards the others as fast as she could, catching their scent easily enough she followed it to she burst through the underbrush in front of them, not caring for the time being if Gene was in front or not she rushed at them frantically.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"We have to get out of these woods, now!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Gene stopped and frowned as she came closer, he could see she was close to panic and something had spooked her good.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What are you talking about? We're almost to town."
"Than we find the roads and use them, but we have to get out of this area right now."
He crossed his arms over his chest and frowned more.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"And why is that?"
"I'll answer that later, for now we have got to move!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She spun around as her last word was punctuated by a snapping twig behind them.
"Son of a *****...I knew it would follow me, I was just hoping I could get you guys out before it got here...so much for that."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]TJ moved forwards, his eyes scanning everywhere.
"What is it?"
"A damn good hunter in the day...but if we don't get out of here by night fall we're all dead."
Gene rolled his eyes.
"What is it?"
"I'll explain later, we have to get out of here."
He took a deep breath and planted his stance.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"There you go again, not telling us anything."
"I will dammit! Right now I'm trying to save your flesh!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She froze as heavy breathing came from behind her, the bushes parting to show a very tall skeletal creature, it's skin a sick yellow color, it's face, and body sunken in almost from the looks of malnutrition, but the smell that came with it made them all take a step back as it looked them over. Oka stood her ground, putter her arms out to the sides and growling low in her throat to try and deter the monster from coming closer, all it did was gain it's attention. As it emerged more from the brush the team could see it was over 15 feet tall, bigger than anything they had ever encountered, it's claws scraping a tree next to it and leaving gashes with out any effort. Oka glanced back at the others.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Run, I'll try to keep it's attention long enough for you guys to get out of the woods and onto the main road."
"Are you out of your mind?!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She glanced back at Dylan and shook her head.
"Not at all, but none of you could face this thing right now...we don't have what we need and to top it off, none of you have the strength to hold it off...though I doubt I do my self...Just run!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She looked back at the monster as it let out a bellow and stalked forward towards her and the team, growling louder she hunched down and bared her teeth, the thing slowed for a moment before zeroing in on her.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Now's your chance, go!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She looked over her shoulder and cursed as she saw them still standing there.
"Are you all idiots? Run!"
Her attention was grabbed once again by the beast before her as it howled in pain, a dagger wedged in it's side deeply, footsteps gained their attention as someone ran through the trees towards them, letting loose another dagger that planted itself in the beasts neck. Howling in pain it turned and stalked through the brush and trees vanishing as it's assailant reached Oka and her team, Oka didn't let her guard down as she stood her ground in front of the others.
"Who are you?"
The stranger turned, his smile was large as his baritone voice filled her ears.
"I'm insulted, I thought you would have known your own brother Oka."
Feeling tears spring to her eyes she reached forward til her finger tips were grazing his arm only to have her hand caught and her self pulled into a tight embrace that she returned.
"Kaion, where have you been?"
"Hunting...or rather being hunted I should say."
"What did you find out?"
"Not here, not now, lets get somewhere safe and we'll talk."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She nodded and followed her brother, the other following slowly as well.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Once they reached town Kaion took them all into his hotel room, sitting down at the desk he pulled it open and pulled out a bottle of scotch and a glass, filling the bottom of it he took a small sip before breathing out and looking up at his sister.
"You've grown."
"Where have you been?"
"Right to the subject than? Alright. I've been hunting a certain demon for years now, same one that destroyed that town about 4 years ago?"
"Kai...there's no telling how powerful that thing is..."
"I know...but it's going around destroying the chapels one by one, even one full to the brim with hunters are going down like bugs compared to this thing...but I found out what it's after and if I can keep that away from it, we might stand a chance."
"What it's after...what are you talking about?"
"Have any of you heard of the Kings Seals?"
No one made a sound, shaking his head Kaion pinched the bridge of his nose.
"What are they teaching you these days...? Alright the Kings Seals are all around the world, and are put in place for a specific reason, as are most seals. This one is most important of all, if all of the seals are broken, Lucifer walks free and the whole world as we know it is gone. Everything we've ever hunted, every demon we've ever sent back to hell it all walks free and feeds like there's no tomorrow."
"So why does the elder want to find you so badly?"
"He thinks I've gone and lost my marbles...which maybe I have, but it seems pretty solid to me so far. I mean, look at the things going on lately,,,there's a Wendigo in West Virginia. They usually stay in Canada...I just got done relocating a nest of vegen vamps who were at war because the other nest wanted to eat the towns people. I mean...every thing has gone nuts. And worse yet...I think someone down there is getting close to a devils gate..."
"A doorway to hell? Are you kidding me?"
"All the evidence I've found says no. But I'm not completely sure. But look, I'm sorry to do this, but I can't linger her. I have to keep moving. What ever is tearing down the chapels knows I'm on it's trail and it's trying it's best to stop me. I'll leave some supplies so you can handle the beastie here in the woods and I'll try to keep in touch when I can."
"Kai..."
Oka watched as he stood and walked closer to her, his hand cupping her cheek before he bent forward and kissed her forehead.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Take care little sister, you'll be alright."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He walked towards the door and gave a smile at TJ.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Alright there buddy? Look after my sister now would you? And Gene...not every person is the same, just cause there are a few bad ones out there...doesn't mean they all are. Try a little faith every now and than, you'd be surprised how far it'll get you."
Opening the door he stepped out and turned the corner, Oka rushing to the door to gain one last glimps of her brother, but he was already out of sight and gone. Walked back in she shut the door and walked to the closet, opening it she shook her head as 3 gas cans and plenty of arsinic tools were piled high, looking out the window she could see the sun beginning to set and pulled off her boots before taking Kaion's previous seat and sipping the little bit of scotch he left.
"Get some rest boys, we'll finish this hunt in the morning."
Gene shook his head and grit his teeth.
"Why not now?"
"This thing is a decent hunter in the day light, at night, we're just it's chew toys. Tommrrow morning we'll find it's nest and burn it alive."
Dylan looked back at her from the window he had been gazing out of.
"Burn it?"
"It's the only way to kill it..."
She stared down into her glass before standing and setting it back on the desk and walking towards the door.
"Where are you going?"
She looked back at Gene and shook her head.
"Roof...I have to think..."
"About-"
"Did you hear nothing my brother just said? Did you not even see him here right in front of me? And I just let him walk out that door with out even trying to stop him...or have him take me with him...I just let him go...alone... I need to think, I need to get my self back together..."
She shut the door behind her and took a deep breath of the crisp mountain air before turning and climbing up to the roof. Laying on her back she looked at the stars and tried to sort through everything flooding her mind at the moment. [/color][/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#B22222][size=3]TJ blinked as Kaion left, nodding at the request left by him as he departed. All of the information was a lot to take in, but he was glad to see his recruiter was still alive and well. He was also a little surprised that Oka was his sister and he hadn't mentioned it to him. He let out a sigh and took his sweatshirt and cap off, revealing the desert eagle he wears at his side. He figured while he could sort this information out, it would be a good time to make preparations for the task at hand. He reached into his bag and grabbed one of his bats, setting it on the floor next to him. He dug a bit further in and grabbed a small canister with a pull pin on the top of it. [i]Sure our fifteen foot friend should enjoy this, [/i]he thought as he pulled out four more of them. Next best thing to an old fashioned molotov is an old fashioned incendiary grenade. [i]It's a good thing to have connections. I'll have to stop through PA once we're done and get in touch with Rodriguez.[/i] He thought as he started maintenance on his Deagle. As he slipped into auto-pilot, he started thinking more about the intel Kaion gave them.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#B22222][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]He looked up as he felt someone approaching. He saw that it was Ghost and acknowledged him with a nod. "What's up, chief?" he asked, still cleaning his handgun.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]"Readying for our target?" Ghost asked him, setting up near him and starting on preparations of his own. TJ nodded and handed one of the grenades to him. With a nod, Ghost added it to his arsenal. "What do you make of the news about the Gate and the seals?"[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]TJ shook his head at the question. "Still trying to make heads or tails of it for the time being, ya know? I guess I just never realized how crazy the world had gotten. Kinda hope Kaion can get a definite on if, who or what's looking for the Hell's Gate. It's not bad enough being in the dark on this news up until now to end up finding out just how deep we could be in the **** now... Just a lot to take in," TJ said with a shrug, looking to Gene and Dylan who seemed to be getting ready in their own ways as well. "Either way, we have a job to do here and we know what we're looking for and what we're up against. This should be a clean sweep between the five of us," he said, looking back to Ghost.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Ghost gave a nod, looking to the others and then back to TJ. "Either way, we have tonight to get some rest in. We can't take this thing down until daylight anyway. May as well take some time to recuperate while we have the chance. Who knows when we'll get to rest between missions?"[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#B22222][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]TJ sighed and shrugged. "You make a good point. Still want to be ready as soon as we wake up. Although I guess that means we also have some time to kill. Any suggestions anyone?" he asked the guys.[/size][/font][/color]

Ghost shook his head and patted TJ's shoulder before standing up. Slinging the rifle over the right shoulder before moving out towards the door as night creeps in on this small little town besiged by a dark dangerous creature from hell. TJ looked up and saw Ghost heading outside. "Hey where you going Ghost?" TJ asked as the others took note. "Setting up a nest across the street." Ghost said pointing at the building across the street. "A nest? What are you a bird?" Dylan said with a joking tone. "No...a sniper's nest. I'm staying up and keeping guard over the hotel's entrance. Kai pissed the creature off. It will want blood. Our blood." Gene stepped up and walked over to Ghost. "Your no good to use tired Ghost."

Ghost shaked the comment off before turning around to look at Gene, Dylan, and TJ. "I've been trained by top marine long range and city snipers since I was six. I've done four years of training. Two which are three week months where I do twenty-three hour days straight. I can stay up for days if not weeks without feeling tired. I am watching the entrace to make sure you guys don't get chopped to bits and eatened by that thing. So if you guys want to argue on who wants to take first watch. Be my guest. But I am the only person here that has dexterity training to last all night and still be bright as rain as the rest of you are drooling and dragging yourself out of bed. Get a good shower. Hot food and a warm bed. Because I have a feeling after tonight. You can kiss that goodbye for a good long while." Ghost said loosing a bit of control over that calm voice of his and turning around then sprinting off over to the building across the street. Using the fire escape ladders to get to the top floor fast then onto the roof.

Ghost didn't wait to hear Gene's remark or anyone. The real reason why he chosed to get all the way up here is to be alone. Ghost set up a spot that overlooked the entire courtyard of the hotel and most of the rooms on the side facing Ghost. Ghost would wait till everyone has gone to bed before heading to his room to take a hot shower and eat something. MRE's are great if you don't have anything else to eat for a while but not for every day meals. Just gets too bland and tasteless after a while. It would be a quater past one in the morning before all the lights where out and Ghost gathered the makeshift snipers nest and headed to the room. Looking around to see if anyone is awake before entering the room and neatly taking off the camo netting that was in the shape of a jacket before removing the jacket under it which included the crowl attatched to the jacket. Walks fast over to the window and shuts the curtains then returns to stripping the under-armor shirt. Ghost rubbed the Ace a foot wide bandage wrap covering just below the collar bone, under the arms and half way down the rib cage. Four metal claws hold the bandage wrap tight on the chest before taking off the mask. Ghost let out a sigh while stepping into the bathroom to get the shower water running. The door to Ghost's room is unlocked but shut. Thinking that no one would be awake at this hour so no need to lock the door. "Time for a little down time...doubt the windego can get inside a room. Too tall..." Ghost says out load slightly. Taking that thing on will be a challange in it's own right....and a great challange for Ghost. That thing is almost ten feet taller and is stinky as ****. Thought Ghost wondered where Miss Oka is. Ghost hasn't seen her all night even when perched in the adjacent building.