OtakuBoards

Witches: Darkness Forged

Akieen Cloud

Over the years people have been oblivious, blissfully so as a matter of fact. But truth is, the world is not as pleasant and sweet as most would like to believe it is. You see there are things that do threaten people, their very lives, sometimes even their souls are on the line and none of them know. But we do, we keep track of everything out there that could, or is a threat to people. Now I know some think that the old myths, the old stories are just that, myths and stories...but truth be told, it's all real, and it's all right under their noses, maybe even in their houses. They read books, watch shows and movies about the things we protect them from, enjoying the scare, the 'knowledge' that they can close that book, turn off the TV or leave the theater and be safe...how wrong they are. Those very things they read about, watch, enjoy the scare from are out there, watching them, waiting for the moment to show themselves. And the fear, the knowing that they exist isn't as wonderful as many people think it is. That's where we come in. 

Everyday the human race expands and evolves, and everyday another one of us is born, we are the higher tier of the human race, we are the soldiers that are born and chosen day in and day out to keep an eye out for those of them that are not able to see until it's to late, we're the ones who keep tabs on the things they enjoy the fear from, we are the HDF, also known as the Human Defense Force. We've been underground for centuries. Those of us in the HDF are the evolved form of the human race, we have a higher calling, we have the power to keep balance and we do our jobs effectively. 

Some of us are more hands on, with the power to control elements; or even move our surroundings, or even get into another person's mind. Some of us are more supportive able to heal our hurt operatives, some have even been known to be able to reattach severed limbs; then there are the behind the scenes operatives, our transporters and communicators  able to find us no matter where we travel and bring us home or give us our orders. Our powers are progressive, the grow and expand as we do, and each and everyone of us...doesn't exist. 

We keep tabs on the supernatural half of the world, allowing the docile ones to co-exist, live their lives in peace and so on and so forth...but the ones that kill, the ones that hunt, the ones who fight us...we hunt them. And we kill them, they thrive in darkness, they live in the shadows, and that's where we find them, and kill them. From darkness we were born, and it's in darkness most of us will likely fall...

And we'd have it no other way. 

Smoke trailed to the ceiling, clinging to it like fog to damp grass as the keyboard clicked in the dark office, the single lamp over the desk giving off just enough light to illuminate the laptop and the thin hands flying across the keys. The person behind the laptop looked up as the door opened, the cherry on the cigarette coming to life with the person's inhale. 

"Blayze, you in here?"
The woman let out a thin plume of smoke and tapped the ashes into a small black ash tray next to the computer.

"Maybe, who wants to know?"
"Head honcho wants to speak with you."

The woman nodded and closed the laptop, grabbing her pack and lighter she pushed he chair back and walked around the desk and out the door, the hall light causing her to squint slightly. Pushing back her red hair, her green eyes settled on the young man in front of her, his navy blue uniform with the bright yellow HDF badge was wrinkled and poorly kept, he met her eyes and cleared his throat.

"Yes Ma'am?"
"You look like a slob, you expect to present me to the Commandant in that shape? You must be new."

He nodded, his eyes downcast.

"Yes, I am." 

She nodded and held her arm out in front of him.

"I know the way, you should go and get yourself in order."

He saluted and turned back towards the dorms, shame written on his features. A few minutes walk found the woman in front of the door she hated going through; taking a deep breath she pushed the door open, not bothering with a knock she took another deep drag on the smoldering cigarette between her lips and leaned on the door frame.

"You rang sir?"
"Blayze, good to see you as well, please take a seat."
"I'm fine where I am. What do you need me for, I thought I was on desk duty with the rest of my unit."
He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, a clear sign something was wrong.

"You should sit down, please."
Rolling her eyes she did as he asked and sat across from him, crossing her arms over her chest and crossing her legs she waited patiently.

"Did you know that Alpha and Beta were sent on a joint mission to the Alps?"
"Yes, many of the lower operatives have been talking none stop about it. Something about it being the highest ranking mission accepted in over 30 years."
"Correct. We haven't heard from them in months. Your next in line, Delta is being returned to the field."

Nayomi's mouth clamped shut before she opened it again to speak.

"Sir, are we qualified for this?"
"I believe so."
"I don't understand, operatives don't send word for over six months and no search party is ever sent for them...why now, what's so special about the mission they were sent on?"

"There were reports from that area about a village where people have been going missing.  This village suddenly popped up on our maps."
"But our maps don't signal unless it has something to do with the 'supernatural.' "

"Exactly. None of the transporters or communicators have been able to locate or reach them, and looking through the archives this village was burnt to the ground over 100 years ago, no one survived. The townspeople were all trapped in the church."
"So how did it all of a sudden pop up?"
"Some one brought it back, and all the dead villagers with it. Alpha and Beta were sent to investigate, no one has heard from them since."
"You think something is going on there Sir?"
"Yes, I do. The fact that we can not reach them via transporter or communicator is worrying to me. There has never been an instance like this in the history of the HDF."
"And you want me to put my unit in danger just to find out? I don't think so."

"It's not up for discussion Blayze, you leave at 0600 tomorrow. Make sure your ready. What ever this is, whatever is happening we need to figure it out and put a stop to it."

Nayomi didn't say a word, simply stood and walked out, lighting a new cigarette on the way out, low growls could be heard from the young woman as she stomped through the halls.. The young shape shifter fumed as she stormed down the hall towards her dorm, clearly unhappy.  

Welcome to the HDF, the protectors of the human race. 

Name:
Appearance:

Ability:

Snippet (please write as little(at least a paragraph) or as much here as you wish, write about your character and how they interact with the people of the HDF, and how they feel about receiving the letter about the latest mission.)

Edited by K.G

Name: Chiron Magus

Appearance: Chiron stands at roughly 5'9" weighing in at 169 lbs. He is known for his silver hair and red eyes and slightly pointed ears. His skin is a very fair complexion and on his back are a multitude of scars the length of his back.

Ability: Blood and Shadow Magic/Pactum perniciosiorem falcem(pact of the Doom Sickle)

Chiron's Blood Magic allows him to use blood as a magical component for his shadow spells or even to pull the blood forcefully from an unwilling victim. His shadow magic is primarily general shadow manipulation but with the use of the Doom Sickle, his abilities are expanded at the cost of playing tug-of-war with the original owner's soul over his body. The pact he accidentally created allows him to use the weapon born from shadow itself but allows the original owner and creator of the scythe to use his body if he is able to overcome Chiron's present state of mind. The Doom Sickle's abilities vary from battle to battle and its appearance is even known to change.

Snippet: "Lord, please forgive me, for I have sinned. I can never rightfully repent for the wrongs I've done, but I wear every sin on my heart and accept whatever judgment you pass upon me in my final days. Amen," Chiron's eyes opened from his prayer as he stood to his feet, dusting his knee off. His gaze fell on the entry doors of the church as a familiar silhouette appeared in the broken stained glass. He relaxed as he recognized the figure as one of his colleagues. "This must be important if you've come to this 'broken down piece of holy ground' as you so graciously called it at your first arrival," Chiron called out with a faint smile.

"Ugh, really? You're still holding that against me?" a woman's voice spoke as the door opened. The red-haired woman he knew as Nayomi walked through the door of the condemned church. "You've really gotta let that go, Chiron. Look, I've got a favor to ask of you. Can you help me out, please?"

"I suppose so, considering I was already briefed of the mission that the higher ups have given us. It's about that villiage isn't it?" Chiron replied, approaching the woman and meeting her half-way.

"Yeah. I'm coming up with nothing and I could really use a hand in digging up some information so I was hoping that-"

"I'll do what I can, Nayomi. I make no promises, however," Chiron interrupted.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Nayomi replied with a smile.

"Is there anything else?" Chiron replied, buttoning up his jacket and brushing his hair back over his collar with a hand.

She shook her head, turning away. "No, not this time. I'll leave you to it then, alright?" she said, heading back toward the door. She glanced back, seeing the older man gone from sight. "Agh...I still hate it when he does that..."

Chiron stepped out of the shadows of what seemed like a shed with tables and books all over the room. He bit down on his thumb between his upper and lower left canines, drawing a bit of blood before he swiped his thumb on a white parchment between a pile of books. He drew a series of lines until it formed a shape and with a few words, the books on the desk opened and lifted off of the table. The books seemed to be turning their own pages before all but one of them slammed shut and landed on the table. The last one landed on top of the runic symbol drawn in blood, open to a map of the area which seemed to come to life like an animated picture. "Hm...Nayomi will be interested in this..." Chiron said as he began to take the notes the tome was giving him in a medium notepad. After roughly half an hour, the book closed on itself and Chiron closed the notepad in his hands. "I suppose I should go make this legible," he chuckled to himself before he disappeared into the shadows once again.

Edited by Kayin Cloud

Name:  Victor Monroe

Appearance:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2tWcGMPgyjc/TUa-PieNMxI/AAAAAAAAAqs/7vzWlXqJZio/s1600/Abel.jpg

Ability:  Victor is a Aqua Kinetic, able to use the element offensively and defensively at his command,  The water in his body acts as a negative charged magnet, repelling any natural water away from his body, in turn, natural water cannot touch come in contact with the man.  However, the positive charge of natural water, though repelled, can be bent to his will.  Changing its structure from water to gas, or to a solid ice form depending on how much power Victor put into his attacks.  Victor can move freely when using his abilities, but with the required energy needed to make sure his powers are in tact, he tends to tire easily.  

Snippet: 

Ruffling of fabric could be heard in the room where Victor resided in, laying on his side on the silk sheets as the other human being changed her clothing, the sounds of grunting filled the room ever so slightly as the woman tried her best to fit into her cocktail style dress.  Victor smirked as he lounged, staring blindly towards her direction as he waited for her to speak on the approval for her outfit.

"I hate it"  The woman pouted, like a child as always, looking back and forth at her own image in the mirror.  Taking a glance at Victor in the mirror as he stared in her direction.  "I told you it was a size too small"

"It's a cocktail dress, it's suppose to enhance your features and make you more...desirable to those you want"  Victor smiled at his friend, she smirked and shook her head slowly from side to side before turning towards Victor, moving closer to her bed.  Taking a seat on the mattress, she extended her hand towards his own

and held it lightly.  Victor felt the smooth skin of the smaller hand, never looking away from his stare.  "I'm sure you look lovely for your date, trust me, I would know.  I felt out the fabric myself if you recall Rebecca.  Just remember to contact me when you get back to your quarters.

"You know I will Vic, don't worry big brother"  A light chuckle escaped her lips as she rose and walked to the closet to get her heels for the date tonight, the light rumbles drifted away in the distance slowly, out of Victors sensory range.  There was a light knocking at the door that made the soldier turn his head slightly, he knew who it was by the knocking style, for Victor too has had the caller come to his door numerous time.  It should be expected from his own team mate.  

"Come in"  Rebecca shouted from the closet, the door slid open via voice command, in stepped a sturdy man poised and ready for something.  

"Victor, we're being called for a mission.  Pack up, it's a serious one"  The voice bellowed lightly as he looked at his team mate sit up on the bed, his bare feet touching the smooth carpet of the room.  Victor nodded before standing, taking short steps towards his team mate, only standing inches taller than the man as his cloudy blue eyes met with his.  

"I'm ready when you are Dassem"  Victor spoke, Rebecca came from the closet fully dressed for her outing tonight.

"Be careful you two, sound serious"

"It is...nice dress Rebecca"  Dassem spoke before leading the way out the room and down the corridor, Victor smiling before following close, keeping a hand on his ally as they made their way to meet the rest of their team mates.

Edited by Shwa

Name: Nayomi Blayze

Appearance:http://www.10wallpaper.com/wallpaper/medium/1305/highschool_dxd_girl_red_hair_posture-Anime_design_wallpaper_medium.jpg

Nayomi stands at 5.5 with a pear shaped frame, she is muscular but not overly so; her fiery red hair is long, past her hips and is usually tied back in a plaited braid. Her attire is simple, black jeans, a white tank top, and long black over coat and black boots make up her outfit most days unless she is needed in her uniform. Her crystal blue eyes are piercing and seem to be able to make most people cave under her intense stare. 

Ability: Shapeshifting. Nayomi is limited to only one alternate form which is a large black wolf the size of a full grown polar bear. 

Snippet: 

Nayomi sighed as she arched her back over the back of her chair, a few of her vertebra popped along her spine, she looked up at her smoke stained ceiling and sighed again, a small plume of smoke billowing out along with her breath this time. She had been at this for hours and still there was nothing she could find on this supposed 'Dead Village' any where on the internet. 

"You would think that a place like that would be up some where..."

She leaned forward, her red braid flopping over her shoulder to rest in her lap as she let her lean hands fly over the key board once more. The cigarette clamped between her teeth  flared to life and dulled off and on as she took small intakes off it and blew the smoke out, She let out a small curse as the cherry of the cigarette got to close to the filter and burnt her lips. Shaking her head she put the spent butt in the ashtray and without missing a beat lit another one quickly. Her brows were creased in a frown as she continued to look for more information on the place that they were supposed to be going to. After what felt like hours she stood and stretched, her shoulders popping with the motion of it. Sighing she walked out of her office, her hands in her pockets, her head down as she let her mind wander. She found her self outside and sat down on the ground, the cool grass calming her as she leaned back and looked up at the clear sky, the stars shimming brightly as her thoughts seemed to almost drown her.  Foot steps caused her to hold her to take a deep breath, the scent familiar to her, she relaxed and inhaled deeply feeling her fingers tingle slightly as the nicotine reached her nerves for the first time in a while. The owner of the steps sat down next to her and held out a small stack of papers.

"This is all that I was able to find."
"Chiron, your the best my friend."

She took the papers with enthusiasm and began to look them over, her eyes scanning over the papers with ease in the darkness, her frown getting deeper as she read.

"This place...are you sure this is the same place I told you about?"
He nodded solemnly, her eyes closed, he never did say much to anyone really.

"And Commandant expects us to go here...well alright then. At least we know what we're getting into, so this place is just littered with dead people walking around who DON'T know their dead...so where's the evil behind it? Your the mastermind behind dark stuff Chiron, you think you can figure it out? And I'm sure Victor will be able to sense if anything is off once we get there. I'll need the both of you well rest and sharp for this one. So get plenty of rest."

With a single nod the man stood from his spot and left, his foot falls barely making any noise as he walked away.

"I better send word to the others about this...zombies huh? Well...it could be worse I suppose."

With a shrug she stood, and made her way back into the building. 

(I'll be posting a backstage tonight where I'll be putting details about our missions and where I'll answer questions and take suggestions for future missions)

Edited by K.G

Name: Dassem Ultor

Appearance: Dassem Dassem in Gear

Ability: Daseemâ??s ability is one of premonition, though his is rather limited compared to some of the greater seers of the world. His ability to see the future is focused on moments in time; only moments shortly ahead of him, such as minutes or even seconds, while he can use it for regular moments and conversations, it becomes more difficult as those moments constantly change, battles generally tend to be the easiest to predict for him. This allows him to foretell the moments his opponent will be at their weakest and allow him to strike.

Now, most think that his ability is restricted to seeing the moments and being able to act on them, however it is a bit more complicated than that. His power of premonition is more of a passive strength as his real ability is to warp time around him that actually allows multiple versions of him to exist within the same moment. To avoid creating a paradox and breaking the fabric of space and time, he can only exist in the time for a few seconds before the past image is integrated into the â??futureâ?? self.

Snippet:

â??Cadets, line up!â? A commanding voice rang out, a man with dark blue eyes stood tall with his hands behind his back as he waited patiently for his score of soldiers to line up in front of him. Standing at attention in a line that was five people wide and six people deep, leaving him with thirty cadets for his program.

â??Welcome boys and girls, I am your commanding officer Dassem Ultor. One hundred of you had been selected for this training, each one recommended by their team leader and then submitted to the Commander for further scrutiny. While my input, we narrowed that list down to sixty recruits, where you were all subjected to further testing while in the field without your knowledge.â? Dassem paced slowly before them, his hair hung in thin ropes and swayed as he moved and shot his head around as he looked at all his cadets.

â??Sir, permission to speak sir.â? A cadet said, standing further at attention to show who the one that spoke. Dassem simply nodded to the young man, blue eyes focusing on him intently.

â??Sir, there are only thirty of us here; you just informed us that sixty HDF operatives had been selected for this training. Where is the rest sir?â? Dassem paused for just a moment, letting his eyes focus on the young man before moving on.

â??What is your name cadet?â?

â??Sir, HDF Operative Lawrence.â?

â??You are correct Lawrence, sixty total had been picked for this training. The ones you donâ??t see here already went through the training process, and not a single one made it through.â? He saw the unease settle in the cadets, he would have smiled with how well that worked but he showed nothing to them. Letting them squirm in their own minds, allowing them to create their own doubts.

â??My training is one of the most challenging and sought after program in the HDF, a lot of the techniques and strategies we use to this day were developed and perfected by me and a handful of other operatives. Very few actually make it through the first half of the program, even less finish it and succeeded in completing it with a passing mark.â? Dassem paced in front of the cadets for a few more seconds before he started to move down the columns.

â??In all the years I have been in charge of this training, I have seen two thousand recruits come through those doors. Some were like you, early in their careers and eager to further their path. Others were veterans of many years worth of battles, lost friends and haunting memories keeping them going. I have even seen the greenest recruits make it into this program because they have special circumstance that make them acceptable.â? His eyes moved between all the recruits, looking over faces, checking expressions and seeing who was on the verge of cracking and who would progress further. Changing his direction he moved through the rows now as he continued to speak.

â??Out of those two thousand recruits, of all kinds of strengths, experience and abilities, only one hundred and ninety-three have ever fully completed the training to a satisfactory degree. Less than ten percent have ever been able to walk away with success on their shoulders, and the respect they have earned.â? He let those words mull around in their minds a little bit longer, moving through the group once more until he was standing before them again.

â??I give you all one chance; you all have the opportunity to leave right now. Just walk out those doors, there will be no repercussions and no effect on your record for this; you may reapply for the program after one year. However, those who choose to stay, and fail in the program, are no longer eligible for this training and are forever banned from applying again.â? Dassem was going to continued until another HDF member arrived, walking in with a confident air and standing beside Dassem before saluting and then speaking softly to him. Dassem listened carefully, absorbing the information and then dismissing the HDF member.

â??Recruits, you are in luck. I have urgent matters to attend to, it gives you all and opportunity to consider how you will proceed from this point on. You will all be dismissed for now, and when you next receive my call, that is your chance to decide whether you will return or not. Think carefully on it. Dismissed!â?

• 4 months later...

Name: Aaron Alexander Andrews, "Scout"'to friends

Appearance: [attachment=15376:595994117092151.jpg] he looks very much like the picture, except unlike most dhampher, he has the fangs of a full blooded vampire thanks to his own mother being a Dhampher herself. Fangs which he has never been able retract. His usual outfit looks similar to the male leather armor: [attachment=15377:3-5_concept_armor01.jpg]

Ability: Scout has the ability to bend light to his will. Although most people believe that this is his only ability, that is my true. His control allows him to absorb the light  in a targeted area and turn it into raw power which can then be used to attack his enemy or heal his allies. He also has blood control, although it is only limited to his own blood, which he can turn into any weapon he chooses. Because of this ability and his dhampher nature, he can be completely drained of his blood and still survive. 

Snippet:

Scout looked across the street to the store he was supposed to working at. He then glanced down at his watch. "So much for being on time" he muttered as he started across the street only to be blown back by an unseen force. "What the **** was that?!" He asked as his reflexes saved him from a painful landing by twisting in midair to land lightly on the side of the building  he otherwise would've been thrown into. He glanced around the street for the source of the explosions and groaned to himself as he spotted a lone figure standing in the wreckage that was once the store he worked at. "Well this day just got worse" he said as he recognized the figure as a vamp in the midst of a blood rage. He quickly brought his right hand to his mouth and dragged his thumb a cross the point of one of his fangs, leaving a trail of blood in its wake. At the scent of fresh blood, the vamp zeroed in on Scout, who by this time had turned the liquid pour in  out of his thumb into a katana. "Ready to go back to the depths of hell, a**hole?" He asked as he prepared himself for the rush he knew was coming. He was I'd fast enough as he was slammed into the wall he had saved himself from as the vamp held him up by the throat and was grinning with delight at the prospect of another morsel to eat. "Not so fast, pal" Scout choked out as he brought his sword down quickly and severed the arm from the beast, making him fall to the ground as he tried to swallow in air as he struggled to remove the limb from his wind pipe. ·He was fast, must have been feeding from the people I the store before it blew with the rush of power he received· He thought as he sat there gagging on his sore pipe. He looked up with dismay as the enemy towered above him with a look of pure hatred comforting his features. He raised his blade in a futile attempt to shield himself from a blow that never came. He looked up to see the man get his head blown off. He turned to see if this new person was a threat or not, but the figure merely put his gun away.

"Who are you?" Scout groaned out from his damaged throat, wincing as the the wind grated against the sore part of it.

"HDF" said the figure as he stepped closer towards Scout, stopping a few feet from him. "What do you want?" Scout asked warily, looking at this man cautiously.

"You" the man replied as he suddenly flicked his hand towards Scout, who grunted as he felt three impacts on his abdomen. "If you choose to join us and fight against things like that, and worse, to fight to protect humanity." The figured added as Scout fought against the sedatives he felt being pumped into him by the darts."then you'll stop fighting those sedatives and come with me."

"What... what makes you think I'll do such a thing?" Scout asked as he felt himself sway before falling to one knee, his sword dissolving into a pool of blood where it fell.

"Because nobody else would've survived that blast of power and tried to stop that rampaging beast unless they were trying to protect others from it." The man said as he stepped closer to Scout, who was barely conscious by now.

"Fine" Scout said barely above a whisper. His last image was that of highly polished boots and then complete darkness as he slipped into the waiting embrace of unconsciousness. 

Edited by Nyxian