OtakuBoards

HDF War Room

Akieen Cloud

Alright, so our first mission is to a village in the Alpine mountains where about 100 years or so the entire population of the village were killed in a church fire. The church as we find was locked from the outside, yet everyone in the village was accounted for in the church at the time of the fire. All of these people have not been able to move on and are stuck on the physical plane of death and are unable to move on. Our target of this mission is a young man who is being controlled by a temptress demon. Using the young man as a vessels she's been opening the gates between the living world and the dead allowing spirits to come back to this plane. As such she is able to control them at will. As you can guess this could spell plenty of trouble if she were able to acquire enough souls and shells to build up a small army and cause some pretty decent damage. 

Yeah I'll go more into what happened to the other teams once the RP is actually up and moving, and there will be hints about the old characters but this is set like 50 or so years since they were alive. So it's set a pretty good ways into the future from when they reigned over the HDF. 

Also I feel as if I should explain more on the dead villagers just in case any of us are still confused about the situation. They aren't a danger as of our initial encounter with them, they are pretty much just mindless corpses starting out. The demon has the ability to make them one solid unit of mass destruction though and once that happens the only way to get rid of them is to get rid of her. But it's not gonna be that easy. And I'll also go more into that once the RP is up and going as well. Promise. 

I'm gonna try and keep the 'winging' it to a minimal for at least a little while if I can help it. lol

Edited by K.G

Because there was no background snippet to be added during the sign up, I didn't get to mention that my character was blind with heightened senses.  Just a heads up, it would explain the more detailed-ness posts I do to describe stuff for anyone who needed to know.

Alright, I've posted a little back story on the village the temptress demon. Now I also hinted in my post that all the people in the village are dressed in black. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. And to be honest, the image I get in my head of it is kinda creepy. Anywho I'd like us to catch up to each other and share our information before we head into the village itself. Once a couple more posts are made I'll take us into the village and post some more info in here about it too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, spotted my first problem with this story already, as such I'll explain:

"We believe you are a child born of one of these gods."
"I find that hard to believe."

"Don't; your brothers are only half your siblings, your father we believe is Anubis. He came to this plane with his sister Baast."
"And this has what to do with me exactly?"
"We're not sure of that just yet as this information has just reached us. But I think it is within your best interest to know of this."

This right here.  Where did this come from to gather the information for your character?  How did they find out about this?  Why now?  Whats the relevance to what our party just went through?  Why is your character so nonchelant about it?  Nothing is explained, its just given.  Yes; I'm sure its going to be explained, but this is one hell of a leap to just bust this out, even before we get to the second page of the thread.

If this is going to turn into some Deus Ex Machina/"One Ring To Rule Them All" scenario without any real explanation or forethought then I'm just going to bail now and not wait like I did in "Monsters", or that "Hunters" one from a while back. 

Well, I did kinda give a small hint on where it came from with the Commandant's 'informant' also I explain a little more in my last post. If you'll just be a little patient and wait for the pieces to fall into place it'll make more sense. But if you wanna bail feel free. I'm not gonna keep you if you don't want to play it out. 

Well in all honesty I'd rather know now so I can make up for the lack of posts if you are bailing. 

But to anyone else confused, I know it's not much now as I'm still trying to get a lot of my thoughts together, a couple of you know why and what's got me somewhat sidetracked. I'm trying to concentrate on this as much as I possibly can at the moment with a lot of life stuff going on and piling up back to back. But as I think I stated before I put this up, if any of you have a suggestion or ideas for missions feel free to suggest them here, and if I didn't I just did. That way I'm not running into ruts left an right since my mind has been jumbled up the last few weeks. 

Shwa's right. We all have our crosses to bear. We're not here to discuss personal issues. We're here to discuss the RP. So let's stick to discussing the RP. KG's running the RP with things on our mind, but that doesn't mean we can't help her figure things out. In the meanwhile, let's all have some patience here, and just enjoy the RP.

Thank you Kayin...I appreciate the support. 

Now back on subject of the RP. We're headed into a 'wild' part of Canada quite a few miles away from a couple of towns. Our enemy for this mission have no names to begin with, we eventually wind up calling them 'Husks'. They are flesh eaters and have pretty much consumed much of the wild life in that area and are slowly making their way towards humans. There aren't a ton of these things, possibly 20 max, but what makes them so dangerous is how hard they are to take down. They feel no pain and know no fear of injury. Some will have chunks missing from them from fights with some of the wild life; kind of a small idea at how durable they are. The only way to kill them is to either rip them to shreds to the point they can not function, or destroy their heads/brains as it were. Sounds easy? Not so much, not only are these guys durable they are surprisingly fast when hunting, able to leap at least 5 feet and sprint 100 yards in a couple blinks and traveling in packs. When they are NOT in hunt mode they make pretty easy targets but as soon as one dies it will alert them, and they instantly switch modes and it's a fight to the finish. 

We'll also be finding some intel on this mission that I'll go in to more detail of a little later, first we have to deal with our main objective. 

Edited by K.G

Alright guys, for the next few days feel free to post here and there and once you guys have all posted or what not feel free to move us on into Canada. I'll be looking in but a couple family members are having surgery tomorrow and the day following, and it's kind of a big deal so I'll be playing support for a few of the other family members, therefore I'll be absent from posting for a few days. Sorry for the hold up but hopefully once this all passes I can get back in the saddle and get us moving. 

• 4 weeks later...

Things never really got off track, people just get busy.  Kayin's filler and mine should have enough to boost up a post, I'm going to do one tonight but besides that I can't do anymore than what I can.  So cant guarantee it'll be a lengthy post.