OtakuBoards

Books, Comics, and Threads that've made you laugh out loud

Navi

It's hard for me to laugh at anything 'regular' people find funny. I'd be the person in class not laughing while the rest of the class is, not because I don't get it, because I don't find it funny. And when I do find something funny, Im usually the only one laughing.

The first time I've ever laughed out loud reading a book was when I read the Catcher in the Rye, and Caulifield gave whatshisface a "big phony handshake." I've also laughed when Gollum tasted the lembas and spit it out. Hilarious.

You could try the lame jokes thread, wherever the heck it went...
I know of one book series I've read that is truly a hilarious masterpiece, called "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. The fact that there are five books in the Hitchhiker TRILOGY reeled me in right away...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. The fact that there are five books in the Hitchhiker TRILOGY reeled me in right away... [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah, I've only read the first book, didn't like it that much to pick up the rest. It is interesting though.

Guest Saiyaman
[b][size=1]This is just strange, I read Ultiamte Marvel Team-Up Issue #1 where Hulk says "Hulk Smash!" for the four hundredth time than spiderman says "SPIDER-MAN! GASSY! But you don;tsee me going around bragging about it."[/b][/size]

You think Im bragging about reading the Hitchikers Guide to the galaxy? "Surely, you jest..." I don't brag, I inform.

The topic is simple, but let me break it down into simpler form: Post a time where you've read something and laughed out loud.

"No one appreciates the poor misunderstood."

............Well In Class this Kid handed me and my friend an Article about our teacher (Mr. Johansen) (although I knew where he got the article from:rolleyes: )....... as me and my friend saw the tiltle we were laughing like hell!!!

The article ~~~~> [url]http://www.Johansen.isgay.com/[/url]

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!!:naughty: :smirk:

Well..... me and my friend Ashton made up this rediculous dance, that's a mix between beak dancing, moon walking(attempts), hammer moves, and basically every reject dance style there is. Anyway, we always go to public places like the movies or a skate park, and 'bust our move' in the middle of a croud. Everyone just looks and stares, with their mouths hanging wide open. We think our dance is so funny, and we're always the only one's laughing [i]at ourselves[/i]. It rocks.

[color=indigo]The funniest series of books that I've ever read are the DiscWorld series by Terry Pratchett. They're hilarious! :laugh:
For comics, I like Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, User Friendly, The Far Side, Outland, and Bloom County. All of those have made me laugh out loud a [I]LOT![/I] :laugh:
For threads, there have been way to many to even count... Padded Room Party! made me laugh the most out of them all, though.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soccer 4 Life [/i]
[B]............Well In Class this Kid handed me and my friend an Article about our teacher (Mr. Johansen) (although I knew where he got the article from:rolleyes: )....... as me and my friend saw the tiltle we were laughing like hell!!!

The article ~~~~> [url]http://www.Johansen.isgay.com/[/url]

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!!:naughty: :smirk: [/B][/QUOTE]
You know I think he/she could go to jail for that.

Heh, the funniest Comics, you say? [URL=http://www.bobandgeorge.com]Bob and George,[/URL] and [URL=http://www.penny-arcade.com]Penny Arcade.[/URL] Humour at it's best. I laugh out loud all the time at these comics... What do you mean I'm advertising for them? Lies.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Heh, the funniest Comics, you say? [URL=http://www.bobandgeorge.com]Bob and George,[/URL] and [URL=http://www.penny-arcade.com]Penny Arcade.[/URL] Humour at it's best. I laugh out loud all the time at these comics... What do you mean I'm advertising for them? Lies. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Penny Arcade is awesome, i have like 15 of the comics hanging in my room, but you can never forget theses ones: [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/001.htm]ones[/URL]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]A thread would have to be "whats your favorite type of sock?" GOD I laughed then :bellylol:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]James had that one coming to him :p ...or was it Seph? I don't remember :shifty:...

As for a book...I'm reading [i]The Grapes of Wrath[/i] and there's this part where someone is telling a story about the Grandpa wetting himself laughing...I must have been very tired, because it was hilarious at the time...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Padded Room Party! made me laugh the most out of them all, though.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]The Padded Room Party was awesome! I remember when Super Saiyan 4444 killed me in the PRP... I thought it was hillarious, but after the 10th time it got a little old.[/SIZE]

the two books that really made me lmao were catcher in the rye & catch-22. "so when i said i had to go to the gym to pick up my equipment, that was a sheer lie." "yossarian was in love with her, b/c she was the only woman he could make love to without falling in love with."

the other things that make me lmao are calvin & hobbes & dilbert. those are the greatest comics of all time. i just love it when calvin drowns his living peanut butter sandwich in chocolate milk. & when dogbert says "bah."

as for threads, i lmao at the "what's the stupidest thing you've ever done" or something like that, esp. when sephiroth told about the time he got stoned & fell off the stage in front of his school.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]James had that one coming to him :p ...or was it Seph? I don't remember :shifty:...
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, It was James.. I remember it well, it was quite possibly one of the funniest things I did all that week...

[B]

Ahh yes, It was James.. I remember it well, it was quite possibly one of the funniest things I did all that week... [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Heh, that was hilarious.... Although i remember being a bit ticked, because either that thread or the one that had inspired it got closed...and all the supermods and admins were still posting in it....that wasn't fair....I wanna be able to post in closed topics!![/FONT] :bawl:

[B]

Ahh yes, It was James.. I remember it well, it was quite possibly one of the funniest things I did all that week... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Indeed. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw it as a thread from laughing so hard :whoops:[/color]

[color=crimson]Yeah, Kool-aid, Trigun is HILARIOUS, because VASH is the funniest...but I'm glad I got to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail...that had me laughing all the way through..

In books, I've laughed in Harry Potter when the stupid centaurs were talking, but I don't know why..I'm weird like that. I like LOTR, and I'm way too into it to just laugh at it...I love it so much.

Comics..I like Foxtrot and the Far Side. And um, I love manga...and Inu Yasha makes me laugh sometimes...

Thread...that'd have to be LM's thread about the washing machine and the stick...that was so funny.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]but I'm glad I got to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail...that had me laughing all the way through..
.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]One of my friends (she's hilarious) does the funniest Monty Python impression...cracks me up every time! She also imitates noises and animals and everything else that she finds funny (which is a lot of stuff...). She's so funny...I'd have to add her to my list of stuff that makes me laugh :rotflmao:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]One of my friends (she's hilarious) does the funniest Monty Python impression...cracks me up every time! She also imitates noises and animals and everything else that she finds funny (which is a lot of stuff...). She's so funny...I'd have to add her to my list of stuff that makes me laugh :rotflmao:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]LOL, I was at a party last night with Anna and this chic named Katie Jane, and they were doing the impression of the black night and I was about to die laughing, and then on the way home from church today all of Anna's sisters, plus her and her brother, were all doing impressions in chorus and in sync and I was just laughing so hard, so as soon as we got home, I had to watch it.[/color]