OtakuBoards

Favourite Quotes

asar

1) considering there is infact slight nudity in DB(which was apparently even more directed towards children than DBZ could ever be) the logic of it being a childs show is very slim to none.

2) The manga more or less only has one subber, I don't know who subbed the it but its pretty seamless. Im supposing some big company got contracted to sub the manga and did it excessively well. There are very few fan subbers who sub mangas, and those that do, don't do them very well.(low quality, missplaced letter from original etc. etc.)

I'm supposing you have read other mangas By Akira Toriyama and know exactly how strange and twisted his humor is, it would be more than unlikely that he would steer clear of Swear words in the original Manga. Given, yes things were toned down when changed into the anime, taking away many swears. but I'd give a 99% chance you'll find a few swears in the original Japanese Manga.

thank you for your time ^_^.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr...I know I should keep my big mouth closed, but what the hell. Didn't you say once before that there WAS swearing on DBZ and it was just that the parents didn't mind that much, they just made sure the kids didn't ALWAYS use that type of language? :D

*Runs off and hides* Ya I know what you're gonna say: "Dbzman, you read wrong!" I'll shut up now! :bawl: :D

(by the way that was aimed at Transtic Nerve)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yori Peacecraft [/i]
[B]1) considering there is infact slight nudity in DB(which was apparently even more directed towards children than DBZ could ever be) the logic of it being a childs show is very slim to none.

2) The manga more or less only has one subber, I don't know who subbed the it but its pretty seamless. Im supposing some big company got contracted to sub the manga and did it excessively well. There are very few fan subbers who sub mangas, and those that do, don't do them very well.(low quality, missplaced letter from original etc. etc.)

I'm supposing you have read other mangas By Akira Toriyama and know exactly how strange and twisted his humor is, it would be more than unlikely that he would steer clear of Swear words in the original Manga. Given, yes things were toned down when changed into the anime, taking away many swears. but I'd give a 99% chance you'll find a few swears in the original Japanese Manga.

thank you for your time ^_^. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've gone over the "nudity" claim many times in the past. He only shows "nudity" of Gokou as a child and Goten and Gohan as well when they are taking a bath or have been beaten up to a bloody pulp. This is simply to add more of a realistic tone to the show. It's not a child has never seen themselves naked. And it's not like they've never seen another naked body either. I'm totally opposed to anti-nudity laws in censorship. Nudity is NOT the same a sexual inuendo. In Japan, animated nudity is legal as long as it doesn't suggest anything sexual. Gokou catching a fish naked doesn't show any sexual suggestions, thus it's perfectly legal. And showing him naked shouldn't have any effect on children, it's just as if they were naked when they take a bath. SHould parents clothe their child when they give them a bath so they don't have the horror of seeing their own genitalia?

I am quite understanding on how Toriyama writes his manga, however the manga and anime are two seperate things. And with dialogue that isn't quite the same. However, still to the best of my knowledge, there is not excessive cuss words in the manga like shown in the subs of the anime. The japanese word for sh*t is "Kuso" and I NEVER hear that once said in all the episodes I've watched. I can say I haven't read every single manga there is, but I'm pretty sure that the use of cuss words if any, is VERY low. After all a manga is a comic and comics are generally aimed at children, esspecially a series like DB which was originally made to appeal to children, there would be no use for a "f*ck you" inserted in it.

Fansubbers do not translate correctly regardless... not all the time that is. Most of the time, yes, but sometimes they can just be horrid.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]Errr...I know I should keep my big mouth closed, but what the hell. Didn't you say once before that there WAS swearing on DBZ and it was just that the parents didn't mind that much, they just made sure the kids didn't ALWAYS use that type of language? :D

*Runs off and hides* Ya I know what you're gonna say: "Dbzman, you read wrong!" I'll shut up now! :bawl: :D [/B][/QUOTE]

If you are refering to me, then the answer is no. I don't believe I've ever said that about the use of cuss words.

Vegeta to Gohann: "I eat punks like your for breakfast"

The Z fighters are trying to find out whats happening
between goku and trunks during the Trunks saga.
Krillen: "Hey look, it looks like they stopped fighting
and Trunks put his sword away"
Gohann: "yeah and my dad put his finger away too."

i love the quotes by DBZ characters.
In Saiajin Saga
Vegeta after seeing Piccolo and Krillin split: heheh, wow. Cool.

Movie 12, Vegeta to Goku
Vegeta: I'd rather DIE than fue with you Kackarotto...
Goku: But Vegeta... you're already dead.
Vegeta: ............

hehe....

I can say with a 100% surety that you are correct, there are very(very very) few cuss words, in the manga there are about 5-6 cuss words tops. So no, all the people that say that Bejita walks around swearing all the time would be incorrect, but the occasional swear word comes out during frustration.

and as for nudity, did you orget about the two times Bulma Gets naked?

(Chibi Gokou taking off panties while she sleeps. Yamucha fighting the invisable man.)

[B]
and as for nudity, did you orget about the two times Bulma Gets naked?

(Chibi Gokou taking off panties while she sleeps. Yamucha fighting the invisable man.) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I forgot to mention them, yes...

I will agree to some sort that that was somewhat sexual, but it wasn't like Gokou was gonna have sex with her. It was a joke, and a funny one at it by Toriyama. If the child even understood it, they should be able to appreciate the humor, same for parents.

[B](Chibi Gokou taking off panties while she sleeps. Yamucha fighting the invisable man.) [/B][/QUOTE]

Ya, the panties thing was pretty funny :D

Gokou: Huh? *Tap tap* *Wonders where her winkie (See, I didn't use the swear one! Aren't I just SUCH a little angel? :angel: *COUGH*[SIZE=1]Di**!!![/SIZE]*COUGH*) is* Hmmm...*Takes off Bulmas panties and looks* ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! :eek:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]

Ya, the panties thing was pretty funny :D

Gokou: Huh? *Tap tap* *Wonders where her winkie (See, I didn't use the swear one! Aren't I just SUCH a little angel? :angel: *COUGH*[SIZE=1]Di**!!![/SIZE]*COUGH*) is* Hmmm...*Takes off Bulmas panties and looks* ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually he was refering to his Grandfather's pillow "sack".... if you know what I mean... hence why when he yells "no balls no balls" Bulma wakes up and runs over to see where the DragonBalls are.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Actually he was refering to his Grandfather's pillow "sack".... if you know what I mean... hence why when he yells "no balls no balls" Bulma wakes up and runs over to see where the DragonBalls are. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, acually I've only seen a bit of it...I didn't know about him saying "No balls no balls!!!" The clip ive got shows it going up to him screaming after looking, but thanx for telling me anywayz :)

I really don't want to know what all that was about...
anyway, I forgot a few:

Vegeta: Hey! Servant woman! Get me a drying cloth!
Bulma: Get it yourself.
Vegeta: No.(I THINK that's what he said....-_-')
Bulma: Then drip-dry you jerk!

(everyone is getting ready for the World Marials Atrs Competition)
Vegeta: Sounds interesting, I'll join too. Hey, Trunks. You join too. That's an order.
Trunks: ?!
Vegeta: Unless you want your allowance cut in half...

heheh... Vegeta...

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Trunks Kun [/i]
[B]I really don't want to know what all that was about...
anyway, I forgot a few:

Vegeta: Hey! Servant woman! Get me a drying cloth!
Bulma: Get it yourself.
Vegeta: No.(I THINK that's what he said....-_-')
Bulma: Then drip-dry you jerk!

(everyone is getting ready for the World Marials Atrs Competition)
Vegeta: Sounds interesting, I'll join too. Hey, Trunks. You join too. That's an order.
Trunks: ?!
Vegeta: Unless you want your allowance cut in half...

heheh... Vegeta... [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love that one. I think they showed Vegeta butt naked in the shower in the un cut version...oh, wait, I have that one!!!*drools at the thought of seeing him like that*

Crap, I have so many manga comics, I can't seem to find anything else at the moment!!

[color=red]You need to cute down on your spamming posts. Next time I see some, you will recieve a ban warning.[/color]

Most of my favourite quotes have already been said but I'll just state my favourite ones

"Hercule.....HA! I've fought stronger house plants (or something like that)"- Vegeta during tournement Saga.

"Every time you open your mouth you prove how stupid you reallyare"- Vegeta

Vegeta's quotes are so cool!

"Take it easy kid, this is an exhibition match, which means its fake" -Hurcule, trying to get out of a fight with Trunks

"You should know the Sword doesnt make the man" -Trunks

"ITS OVER WHEN I SAY ITS OVER...AND ITS OVER RIGHT NOW" -Vegeta

i cant think of anymore right now...oh well, ill put more up later