Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Whats your favorite Japanese Band?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 year later...
Guest Lucky Mouse
Posted
Utada Hirakai (not sure if the last name is right), I love the song she sings from kingdom hearts.
Posted
Did you go back to the last page to find this? lol

Anyway, I guess this is a good place to post something I wanted to ask. Hopefully someone knows.

I was watching this anime called FLCL, and I noticed that a band called The Pillows was doing a good deal of the music. I've managed to download a lot of their stuff (I was hesitant to buy their CD, as it's nearly 40 plus shipping to import it), and I must say they are really good.

I can't find like any information on them though. I've found a Korean site on the band, so now I'm not even sure they are Japanese. Does anyone here know anything about them?
Posted
The only Japanese songs I've heard that aren't really anime are "Moonlight" and "The Answers" by Showtaro. Well, actually, those songs were on the Megaman X6 opening theme but I don't consider them anime songs.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lucky Mouse [/i]
[B]Utada Hirakai (not sure if the last name is right), I love the song she sings from kingdom hearts. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's utada hikaru. She's had better songs.

Oh, and Semjaza, The Pillows are indeed a Japanese band, but I've never listened to them... heard good things though.
Posted
[color=deeppink]I have been exploring the world of Malice Mizer lately, and I really like [i]Mizerable[/i]. I have it playing on my computer a lot, and everyone who stops by always says, "Jenna, your song there is not in English," which amuses me for some reason :whoops:[/color]
Posted
Mostly I've just heard stuff from various Anime themes... but a few actual songs have made it to my "Shared" folder...

Utada Hikaru - Light (yes it slipped in there BEFORE Kingdom Hearts... not sure how tho... lol)
And Malice Mizer... they're okey too...

But since I'm basically a metal-head... i kinda stick to western music (unless someone could recomend some good ***-metal??)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I have been exploring the world of Malice Mizer lately, and I really like [i]Mizerable[/i]. I have it playing on my computer a lot, and everyone who stops by always says, "Jenna, your song there is not in English," which amuses me for some reason :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Mizerable is actually a Gackt song. A very Mizer-esque Gackt song (his first single after leaving the band) As for your friends, just show them various pictures of gackt and I'm sure they'll have more appreciation for how great he really is. And Kudos for the Gackt liking. Even if you thought it was Mizer lol.

Japanese metal. There's TONS of it. Dir en grey is the biggest "metal" band I suppose if you want to call them that. Japan is the second biggest producer of music behind the United States, meaning, anything we can make here, they make it too. That does include country, salsa, and a variety of other "odd" styles. And don't call it j-a-p metal... anything in music made by the Japanese is basically refered to as "j-[insert music genre]" (ie: j-pop, j-rock, j-rap, j-punk)
Posted
[color=red] :eek: Lots of spammy posts. But I haven't really gone over to try any Japanese music as of yet. Someday I'm certain I will, but I'm fine with American Rock for the time being.[/color]
Posted
All the spammy posts are from over a year ago. Can't exactly blame anyone posting now for that.

Anyway, at least I know The Pillows are Japanese for sure now heh.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
pop: utada hikaru, that sexy lady!!!!!!!!!! whoops did i say that out loud? obviously not loud enough UTADA HIKARU IS HOT!! sorry........... im in love with her.......^^'

out of everything else(there's a lot of genres of japanes music...): i dunno, malice mizer, dir en gray............. yah.

anyone like KPOP? it's not that different frop jpop, but it is.0_o



well, really
Posted
Most of the Japanese music proper (i.e. not anime themes) I've seen within the last few months, and I can't say I'm that struck on it. It's just like normal rock in Japanese, and I'm not too hot on that either. Anime themes are for me.

There was one that was good. I can't remember what it was called or even who it was by, but it was on Saiko-Exciting, if that helps...
  • 7 months later...
Posted
I could never get into Malice Mizer...the lyrics to their songs scare me. I'd have to say my favorite is Do As Infinity(Spelling?) I really love the song Oasis. It's been stuck in my head for a while now...Darn these catchy songs!
Utadi Hikaru is okay, but personally I've heard better. I wonder why no one here has mentioned Ayumi Hamasaki. She's come up with some okay songs...
Posted
I'm gonna have to go with Pizzicato Five, if you've ever heard any of thier stuff. It's kind of like 70's pop mixed with jazz. It's really fun to listen to and the perfect music if you just want your brain to melt into a puddle of contentness.
.......................

Is contentness a word?
Posted
Mine-Utada Hikaru, and a Japanese band Potshot....they sing in english but they are really Japanese, even though you really can't tell! and Yuki Kajiura, most known for her work on Hack Sign...or at least that is what I think she is most known for!

Kaola
Posted
Another good band, which I'm sure you've never heard of, is Duck Missile. They were actually on the CD "Land of the Rising Ska" which my friend owns and purchased for about 3 dollars. The strange thing is, they aren't ska. No horns. :-/
Posted
I don`t know too much about Japanese bands and singers but I heard a few songs from some groups so I`ll just put who I know about.
V6,TM REvolution, Dream, and more that I forgot the names of.
Guest cerasvictoria
Posted
Malice Mizer
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...