OtakuBoards

War Movies

Guest Matt

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]My fave would be Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbour (great movie) too..... my worst would be... umm... probably Band Of Brothers... [/B][/QUOTE]

What!??! Band of brother is awesome, sure it isn't fighting all the time like 'Saving Private Ryan' or 'Pearl habour'. But it is a great [i]Series[/i]. It is for the more intelligent person who doesn't just want to see blood and guts all the time, yet it still provides pleanty. It has good plot, drama & Acting. Mixed with Action and exitement. Made by Steven Speilburg & Tom Hanks, great series.

I love that classic war movie Bridge over the River Quai, and the one with Steve McQueen about the breakout of the prison camp....what's it called......i forget...the one where they tunnelled through their rooms and used their bed slats to shore up the tunnel...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B]I hate war movies...Could be because I hate war [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate war too, but I think it is good (in a way) that producers are willing to make movies trying to depict a more realistic view of war, sometimes even depicting real events.

I don't actually have a favourite though, I've never got round to watching one.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]Least fav: The Thin Red Line <----utter crap. [/B][/QUOTE]

I liked that movie.... granted it was a bit on the boring side.... but still wonderfully directed and acted....

My favorite War movie is.... Forest Gump! YAY! lol j/k... it's Saving Ryan's Privates... which I wish I could have done.... ::cough:: uhhh quick it's a giant Mr. T doll! :: points over there then runs away::

[COLOR=darkblue]Yeah, I think Forrest Gump was the most accurate war movie there is today...even though it was more of a humerous type. Saving Private Ryan is good too...great balance of action and drama. I'm not too positive about the recent one "Black Hawk Down"...just violence most of the time.[/COLOR]

My fav war movie is, um, King Henry the V. Most of it is boring diplomatic stuff, then theres a great warseen of British vs the French. Very violent. A sad seen when the french slaughter all the innocent british messanger boys.
My least favorite, is, um, Thin Red Line. I like Black Hawk Down.

I don't see anything wrong with war, if its to do things like free all the slaves or stop a madman from slaughtering jews and taking over the world.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

What!??! Band of brother is awesome, sure it isn't fighting all the time like 'Saving Private Ryan' or 'Pearl habour'. But it is a great [i]Series[/i]. It is for the more intelligent person who doesn't just want to see blood and guts all the time, yet it still provides pleanty. It has good plot, drama & Acting. Mixed with Action and exitement. Made by Steven Speilburg & Tom Hanks, great series. [/B][/QUOTE]
O.O It's a series?! ....erm, I'm talking about the movie, made in 1950 or something...

Let's see... I haven't seen many, but from the ones that I [I]have[/I] seen:

Fav: The Walking Dead (no zombies are involved in this movie)

Least Fav: Pearl Harbor

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

I hate war too, but I think it is good (in a way) that producers are willing to make movies trying to depict a more realistic view of war, sometimes even depicting real events.

I don't actually have a favourite though, I've never got round to watching one. [/B][/QUOTE]
I dunno,I just think wart sucks and war movies are boring...

[QUOTE]it's Saving Ryan's Privates... which I wish I could have done.... ::cough:: uhhh quick it's a giant Mr. T doll! :: points over there then runs away::[/QUOTE]
LOL!!!Thats definatley a PERFECT sig quote...lol:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I love all of the Civil War movies...my favorite probably being [i]Glory[/i].[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Glory is my all time fav civil war movie. it's great. i hated pearl harbor tho. i went to go see a war movie and came out seeing a love story. :mad: Black hawk down and tree kings were all good, but not the best. Three kings is actually a modernized remake of the movie Kelly's Hero's with Clint Eastwood. But in Kelly's Heros, it's WW2 and they are trying to take the gold from the Germans.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]I agree that Three Kings was a good war movie...it showed many gruesome aspects of war, and i really liked how they showed what happens when someone is shot, as in, internally.Sends a strong message out to people. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but the bullets usually don't create "infected pockets full of bile". they usually just kill ya.