OtakuBoards

Can money buy everything?

mornigndew

Guest Shift
Money is everything afterall what would we do without money how would we be able to get things like the internet?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]"money[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
I despise that word...If money could buy everything, I would buy talent...but then again,It wouldn't feel right...:therock: did I just say that?....

Money can buy most things, but the simple and good things in life, like nature, family, love, good health and wisdom....well they're something that money has nothing to do with. Money can buy education, and medicine, but if you are a billionnare and you have an illness with no cure, then money will mean nothing to you.

But having it and quite a bit of it is very important for maintaing a good standard of living.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]"money is the root of evil," I know that. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

actually that's a misconception. it's "the [I]love[/I] of money is the root of all evil."

but there aren't too many things you can't get w/ the right amount of money. that's why i'm going to be very, very wealthy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

actually that's a misconception. it's "the [I]love[/I] of money is the root of all evil."

but there aren't too many things you can't get w/ the right amount of money. that's why i'm going to be very, very wealthy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just to kinda add on to that its not necessarily the love in it as it is the greed of human beings...but of course the greed is caused by love say ya...you're right...I'll just shut up now...

To me, money can only buy you material things: houses, cars, clothes and the like. What money can't buy is: a good man, love, respect, a faithful man, genuine friendship and the like. Oh and just for the sake of it, I wouldn't want to be rich. Rich people seem to act...strangely. :laugh:

[FONT=century gothic]Money's important. In our society, you can't get along without it. Food, clothes, rent, taxes, whatever.

But hey--some of the best things are free, or cost very little. Check out the 'favorite things' thread.[/FONT] ]

[SIZE=1][color=indigo]On a smaller scale, I like money, money is great. I don't really like having it for the purpose of having it and being able to spend it. I see money as more of a collectors type item. So I like to save up a bunch of money and just look at it like it's the greatest thing in the world. But then I just go blow it up on a bunch of small stuff instead of one big elaborate thing. I mean, I could probably go through a year and live off of $50. I live at home so my mom feeds me, no expense for food. All I have to worry about are holiday expenses.

In the big picture though, money is just bad. People do bad things with money that they could really be using it for better things. I don't think money is all that important to me, I mean, why pay for something when you can go ahead and just take it while no one's looking? I'm just practicing for when I grow up to become a bum on the streets, lol.[/SIZE][/color]

I don't necessarily think that you can buy [I]everything[/I] with money. It really depends on who you are and what you do with it. Money can buy happiness. Say you're a materialistic freak who gets off on buying crap that you don't need, like a $500 shirt. My bet is that you'd be happy with that shirt.

Anyway, money can buy almost everything in a certain sense..including life. If I need a new organ, or hospital treatment, I'd best have some dough. It can buy love too. I bet that if a millionare paid for a kid's operation and saved 'em, the child's parent(s) would love him/her for it.

And if you're going to say that money can't buy love as in a marriage partner...you're wrong. There aren't many broke people out there with partners who support them, unless it's a crisis situation and the relationship has history behind it. Although, money isn't the foundation of a relationship, it certainly matters. No one wants a scrub....

I have spoken...

*Gong*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]What money can't buy is: a good man, love, respect, a faithful man........... [/B][/QUOTE]

No but it can rent one by the night. :laugh:
[i]ahem[/i] sorry.

Money doesn't hurt but no it's not everything.

Gwen

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Money can buy you only the tangible things in life, Money can not buy you love or other emotions. Many think money is the root to happiness but as an old cliche goes money can't buy you happiness. Some may think money can do these things but as for me it can't. Money can only buy your essentials, and stuff you need to survive in the world!

As far as emotions go they are not for sale!

well, money can buy, love, fame, and a happy life

love=hunreds of wemon, aka hew heffiner
fame=every body loves you, aka bill gates
happy life= you can do what ever you want, aka fedeal castro

see, money can buy anything....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]well, money can buy, love, fame, and a happy life

see, money can buy anything.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue][size=1]that's true, but can it buy true love and true happiness. [/color][/size]

[B]
[/B][/QUOTE]
:twitch: :twitch: :laugh: everybody, eh? love, eh? heh.... I think not. though many people would die for his money.

money.... bleh... I feel like writing something along the lines of 'If you had enough money you could fund a research project into making your brain feel happy at all times. there you go.... happiness'... but I'm not up to writing the details of this research project... and besides... the team would probably sabotage my head :drunk: ... but enough about scientific possibilities that we hope will never happen, I'll go back to the subject of money. Money can't buy everything... I come to that conclusion because we can't sell everything... like love, as many have said. You can't sell, for example "5 litres of pure love in a bottle" it doesn't work like that. So [b]no[/b].
bleh... my brain is dying! help!

[B]well, money can buy, love, fame, and a happy life

see, money can buy anything.... [/B][/QUOTE]

what if heffiner loses his money for some reason - goodbye women, it wasn't really love after all
fame just makes you a target
fidel castro has had many attempts on his life, sounds more worrisome than happy to me

money can't really buy any of the intangible things that are the most important in life - look how fast many marriages between the rich and famous dissolve......it makes your head spin...

well, heffiner is safe cuse he sells playboy.... and, well, he sells so many that he is finnicaly sound....

castro is safe cuse if he points to someone, they oddly fall over dead...

and gates, well he can just steal someone elsels inventions....