OtakuBoards

heavyest fish you caught in OOT...

Angelus_Necare

[color=indigo]The only way to get a 20+ lb. fish, is to use the Sinking Lure. And by the way, that big fish is called a Loach.

I don't remember what the biggest one I cought was... Too long ago...
You know, that was one thing I really missed in Majora's Mask... I love the fishing game in Ocarina of Time. I've spent hours, just fishing... (Because I enjoy it, not because I'm not any good at it. :D).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]The only way to get a 20+ lb. fish, is to use the Sinking Lure. And by the way, that big fish is called a Loach.

I don't remember what the biggest one I cought was... Too long ago...
You know, that was one thing I really missed in Majora's Mask... I love the fishing game in Ocarina of Time. I've spent hours, just fishing... (Because I enjoy it, not because I'm not any good at it. :D).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I cought a 20 pund fish with the normal lure. It took a heck of a lot of time, though... I had to have been reeling for ten minutes...

It was 20-22, or something above 20...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]I cought a 20 pund fish with the normal lure. It took a heck of a lot of time, though... I had to have been reeling for ten minutes...

It was 20-22, or something above 20...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Ummm... Okay, then there just wasn't that big of a fish when I was playing it... Because, like I said, I would sit there and fish for hours and I was never able to find one that big. Not with the normal lure, at least.

To get the Sinking Lure, look in the rocks and reeds around that little stream that flows into the pond. I think you have to have gotten the Heart Container Piece and the Golden Scale before you can find it, though.

To catch the Loach, you have to use the Sinking Lure, since it's near the bottom of the pond. You catch it just like any other fish.
The trick is to get it to take the bait before another fish does. And then you still have to reel it in, which is no easy task.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wes [/i]
[B]Mine was about 13. I heard that if you catch the biggest, you get a heart piece. I'm not sure, though. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]If you break the record weight when you're a kid, you get a Heart Container Piece. If you come back when you're an adult and break the record, you get the Golden Scale.[/color]

[color=indigo]Did you break the record when you were a kid, before you broke it when you were an adult? Either that, or you didn't get a big enough fish when you broke the record as an adult... Those are the only two possibilities I can think of, as to why you didn't get the Golden Scale...[/color]

Hehe... the biggest fish I caught was 19 pounds. I did not use the sinking lure, but it took me 25+ minutes to reel the thing in. I was too far on the land and was restling the fish for so long. It took only about 5 min to get it out of the water, the rest of the time, I spent trying to drag it to me over the land. It was really annoying.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tigervx [/i]
[B]i cant belive that i finally found the sinking lure, FINALLY, has any1 caught the Hyrilian Louch? the eel? biggest fish in the pond? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]There's an eel? How in the blue heck can you get it!

It seems I'm going to be palyting this mini-game much more now...[/COLOR]

I desided to fish and I finaly did it. I caught a huge fish. I got a 20 pounder with out using the sinking lure. And it took me less than 5 seconds to reel in. I got the fish to chase my lure. He wouldn't take a bite though. But I kept getting it's attention while it was still close to me. And finaly it went for the lure. When it did I was pressing A to reel it in and it caught the fish just like that. It didn't fight at all.