OtakuBoards

Random acts of kindness...

Nerdsy

[COLOR=deeppink]A little story for ya...

Yesterday, I went to my school's choral festival. A choral festival is a program where a few schools come and perform in a singing jamboree.

Anyways, back to the story... I had to stay and practice the songs at this school for 5 HOURS... Erhg... It was pure torture...

To make matters worse, they forced us into a dance. I HATE DANCES!!! So, I snuck out and sat in a corner outside my schools room. It was locked, so I couldn't get in.

So there I was, sitting outside the room, and with no Gameboy to keep me busy. So I invented a new game.

DOORSTOP CAP POPPING!

You just take a doorstop, slide on one of those plastic things from pop bottles, and flip it off with your thumb! It's quite fun, actually.

Okay, now back to the point of the post.

I was sitting there, when all of a sudden, someone comes out of no where and talks to me! She sat down, and I actually had a nice conversation with someone for once!

So, has this ever happened to you? Or something similar?

Or have you ever done something like this?[/COLOR]

A rather nice short story Nerdsy! :)

But, no. I have neither done that to someone or have had someone do that to me. I'm far too evil.. My reputation as a pure bastard proceeds me.... lol!

But, actually, it's good to be me..... Not many people can arm-wrestle a friend using his(Mine, not my friend's) weaker arm, and still beat my friend(Who was using his stronger arm) in under a second. lol!

[COLOR=darkblue]It's happened to me twice...I was walking in the rain a couple days after my friend died in a car accident, contemplating about that and seperated myself from other people. I had my hood on and I feel someone tap me from behind...it was this muslim girl in my anatomy class whose name will be left anonymous. Well, she asked me if I was okay and I just felt a lot better. She knew what was wrong and she's turned out to be a very good friend of mine.

The other time was before a tournament I had...standing in the cold, it was raining, again, and I was alone. I didn't really expect anyone to come up to me and tell me good luck or anything like that...but a few minutes later, a girl (none other than Raiha, whom I barely knew at the time) gets out of her parent's car and instantly heads towards me and spends the entire day with me. I felt way better, just talking with each other about anything...and making a big joke about our problems.[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]I don't think I have ever experienced a random act of kindness, none that I can think of at the moment anyway. I'm a very shy person when it comes to expressing emotion to those I care about (for some WEIRD reason I feel awkward doing kind deeds -__-) but I always feel good when I make strangers feel good. That's one of the coolest thing, knowing you made someone's day.

A month or so ago I was cheering at an away basketball game at which the home team's cheerleaders were being very snobby towards us and so were their crowd. My cheer team always watches and cheers for whatever performance goes on at half time (cheerleading, dance team, etc.) so we went over to the other side to watch.

The home team's crowd was extremely rude to us, but we proceeded to watch their dance team which turned out to be pretty good. There was one girl who caught my eye (since I'm a dancer and I know what a great dancer really is) and I decided to tell her afterwards how good I thought she was.

After I told her that I thought she was an awesome dancer, she got a huge grin on her face and I felt as though I had made her day. It was great :)[/color]

[FONT=century gothic]Actually, yeah.

About the same thing that you said. I was on the busride home...

Two people--boy and girl, from two different schools--just started talking to me.

The girl says, in this totally sweet, innocent voice: "Why are you sad?"

That was probably one of the strangest things that ever happened to me.

But she and the boy talked to me till my stop. I don't know why...but it was really sweet of them, and I've never quite forgotten it.

And not quite a 'random' act of kindness...but a some one who is now a very dear friend of mine helped me through an incredibly hard time in my life a couple months ago. Life was pretty much awful...and then K had her accident (Many thanks to all who answered my prayer request for her, she is out of the hospital now.) and I was pretty much a wreck. I really don't know what I would have done without him.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i randomly walk up to the hottest girl in the room and start making out with her. i think that if a girl looks that good she needs to be kissed and who cares if her starting qb boyfriend is standing right there. if he hasnt realized that she needs to be kissed he shouldnt be with her! (j/k)

anyway i was always good at getting others to swim fast. i just have a way to light fires under people. *wants to coach* dunno y it would be fun i guess... but i know how to make people feel good about themselfs even when they do bad :(.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Actually I had that happen to me once...It was with my now best friend...I was siting after my play alone...and she just walked up and started talking to me...ever since then I have tried my best to do the same for others...brightened my day enough that I thought I should share it...

*looks at kujas post* *cough* -___-

there are too many to think of, just little things people do that make you feel better :)

its weird really, I try to do the same, like going to talk to japanese exchange students and talking to them. .even though I dont know japanese. .><

That's happened to me a few times, which is really nice, although sometimes it's just guys who want to hit on you.....losers:rolleyes: Other times it's been just girls and guys who you end up having a lovely conversation with. Doesn't have to involve your whole life story. I've also quite a few times walked up to people, said hello and started talking to them....But only if I sorta know them, and when I feel that they would like someone to talk to. It's nice:)

when i was freshmen in highschool, "used to be" my friend started to throw some papers at me with his friends. and one of his friend was "gallery forniture's son"..bastard..anyway, i have low self esteem(due to years of tease and crap like that), so i didnt bother to tell them to stop(mom told me to ignore them when i was in this situation..boy how she was wrong). it has gone for pretty long time..but outta the blue, the new girl started to stand up for me. she talks to me and didnt tell teacher when i try to cheat on my test :p she was cool. i'll never forget her for what she done for me.

other one was..i walk my head down so i dont eye contact with people. this was because some girl yelled at me for starring at her when i couldnt even speak english at that time. anyway, it was after school, i was walking and this jerk *** hole looking guy comes all smiling..and i was like..damn..he gonna make fun of me..but then he asked "what's wrong? why is your head down? get your chin up!", and he started to cheer me up like he can read my mind. that was really cool of him and i realized there are still good ppl around.

Well, I guess you could say something like that happened to me.

My best friend(though, he wasn't at the time) saved my life(or at the very least a good pair of boxers) once about 6 years ago. It was actually pretty brave of him. I doubt I would've done the same considering the situation.

-Justin

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]A little story for ya...

Yesterday, I went to my school's choral festival. A choral festival is a program where a few schools come and perform in a singing jamboree.

Anyways, back to the story... I had to stay and practice the songs at this school for 5 HOURS... Erhg... It was pure torture...

To make matters worse, they forced us into a dance. I HATE DANCES!!! So, I snuck out and sat in a corner outside my schools room. It was locked, so I couldn't get in.

So there I was, sitting outside the room, and with no Gameboy to keep me busy. So I invented a new game.

DOORSTOP CAP POPPING!

You just take a doorstop, slide on one of those plastic things from pop bottles, and flip it off with your thumb! It's quite fun, actually.

I was sitting there, when all of a sudden, someone comes out of no where and talks to me! She sat down, and I actually had a nice conversation with someone for once!

Or have you ever done something like this?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=3][i]You mean someone actually talked to u without u threatining (I don't know if i spelled that right.) to kill 'em? that is a first!!!Oh and also no-one has really given me a random act of kindness before, but i wish someone would be nice for once.[/i][/size]

[FONT=courier new]well, i give a few acts of random kindness to people. and when i am playing the new wolfenstine, i give many an act....even if they are mercy kills....... but back on the idea, i have been given a few acts, but i find my self giving them more that receving them. like last week i helped someone with there car, the battrey died and i showed them haw to start a manual with out a battrey. [/FONT]

[color=blue][size=1]This happen to me a lot of them. Probably because I'm shy and don't smile a lot. People come up to me and talk to me. They think there's something wrong with me.
Once I was camping, I'm to afraid to cross the river. There's a nice guy who's willing to carry me on his back. :D [/color][/size]

[size=1]People never walk up to talk to me, mainly because I am so tremendously shy. I hardly ever speak to anyone in my classes, and when people talk to me they usually ask me why I am so quiet.

[b]"How come you never talk to anyone?"
"Why don't you ever say anything?"
"Are you mute?"[/b]

Aggh! The questions are so stupid, and people aren't very kind to me for some reason.

I have to say that a few people here on the boards have helped me through some hard times, they know who they are, and they are the reason I come here in the first place.[/size]

:)

[color=crimson]Unless I know someone real well... I dont talk to them much at all... I suck at conversation... *shrugs*...

I tend to start listening and observing more than talking...

And I dont think anyone has ever come up to me and started talkin to me when I was down... =/....[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][size=1]People never walk up to talk to me, mainly because I am so tremendously shy. I hardly ever speak to anyone in my classes, and when people talk to me they usually ask me why I am so quiet.

[b]"How come you never talk to anyone?"
"Why don't you ever say anything?"
"Are you mute?"[/b]

Aggh! The questions are so stupid, and people aren't very kind to me for some reason.

I have to say that a few people here on the boards have helped me through some hard times, they know who they are, and they are the reason I come here in the first place.[/size]

:) [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]I hear ya.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]A little story for ya...

DOORSTOP CAP POPPING!

Or have you ever done something like this?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Welll, one time someone took my lunch from my locker. Some lady in the office gave me money to get lunch from the snack bar. :cool:

Yeah something happened to me. I Makina (I can't spell it) Island. And I was riding my bike with my brothers and we got seperated (this was when I was like 5). So I was wondering around the island for several hours and a lot of people saw me wondering around by myself and came up to me and were asking me if I was lost and what not. But I still remember that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Yeah something happened to me. I Makina (I can't spell it) Island. And I was riding my bike with my brothers and we got seperated (this was when I was like 5). So I was wondering around the island for several hours and a lot of people saw me wondering around by myself and came up to me and were asking me if I was lost and what not. But I still remember that. [/B][/QUOTE]
that nice :)

well, nerdsy, your little story certiantly warmed my heart! So it is true that women talk to people who spend half their lives on a computer!(only kidding)

My random act of kindness came from my local skatepark.

Anyways, I was skatebaording one day with my friends, and they were um....Drunk.(my great friends. I can't drink beer. Medical reasons)So anyways this girl comes along(my age-19. hot! hot!)
Anyways, my friends start um...yelling stuff at her. Yaknown drunk..guy stuff. So, a little pissed of, I told them to shut thier stupid drunk talk instead of joining them! Isn't that a nice story!