OtakuBoards

Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

[color=indigo]When you say the Q, do you mean the GameCube? The Panasonic "Q" is a GCN/DVD player that was only released in Japan. (There's a topic about it in the Nintendo Forum).

In that other thread, you said it was a remake of Ocarina of Time, not Oracle of Seasons... Which is more reasonable, since Oracle of Seasons is for the GBC... Right now, though, it's just a rumor. I think that's it's very possible that they're remaking Ocarina of Time for the GCN, since it did so well on the N64, though. I'd buy it, especially if they added some new stuff, and improved graphics would also be nice. E3 isn't too far away, though, so we'll probably hear about it then, if it's true. I really hope it is, since I've wanted to replay Ocarina of Time for awhile now. (I haven't, though, because I'm already playing about three games all at once, two of which I haven't beaten before).

And I don't think they'd remake Ocarina of Time with cel shaded graphics because it would probably be kind of hard. The game wasn't meant to have cel shaded graphics, and it could be difficult to make it look right with them.

I'd be very interested in seeing those screen shots that you mentioned, though. Is there a site with them on it?[/color]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]If he's played through Ocarina of Time, he should know that Ganondorf doesn't use a sword, though... Not in Ocarina of Time, anyway... But yeah, it might just be those tech demo shots, and someone that likes to start rumors. We can still hope, though, can't we? :toothy: ...... :twitch:

UUUUUURRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! It [i]really[/i] pisses me off that people will be playing the new GCN Zelda in a few days, while I have to wait months! *mutters something about a plot to take over E3* ...Well, at least we'll get to see how they changed it from the last showing, and we'll get details about the gameplay... But still, that doesn't even come close to playing it yourself.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]When you say the Q, do you mean the GameCube? The Panasonic "Q" is a GCN/DVD player that was only released in Japan. (There's a topic about it in the Nintendo Forum).

In that other thread, you said it was a remake of Ocarina of Time, not Oracle of Seasons... Which is more reasonable, since Oracle of Seasons is for the GBC... Right now, though, it's just a rumor. I think that's it's very possible that they're remaking Ocarina of Time for the GCN, since it did so well on the N64, though. I'd buy it, especially if they added some new stuff, and improved graphics would also be nice. E3 isn't too far away, though, so we'll probably hear about it then, if it's true. I really hope it is, since I've wanted to replay Ocarina of Time for awhile now. (I haven't, though, because I'm already playing about three games all at once, two of which I haven't beaten before).

And I don't think they'd remake Ocarina of Time with cel shaded graphics because it would probably be kind of hard. The game wasn't meant to have cel shaded graphics, and it could be difficult to make it look right with them.

I'd be very interested in seeing those screen shots that you mentioned, though. Is there a site with them on it?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok ive made a lot of mistakes in that post :blush:. Sorry.
What i mean to say is that its coming to the GCN and not the Q (dunno why i said that?).
And i meant to say ocarina of time, the two sound the same. And dont put your hopes down about it, it is defanate. One more thing, does screen shots are in my nintendo mag, i dont know how to use my scanner yet but once i do ill get right to them for you.

personally i hate what they did to link ive seen those screenshots before... and i hate them but i know why they made the game cartoony its because they can do so much more with a cartoon character (facial expression) then they can with a more realistic character

[color=indigo]What Nintendo magazine? Nintendo Power? If they're in Nintendo Power, then I'll believe you, but if it's in another magazine I'm still going to consider it a rumor... I've got the May issue (volume 156), though, and it doesn't have them in it... And I woudn't think that the June issue would already be out.

And if you want to actually read the press release that said the new GCN Zelda will be about Link rescuing his sister, go [url=http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles.jsp?articleId=6727]here[/url]. It has a bit of information on Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda, Star Fox Adventures, and Metroid Prime. Look at the end of the part about Zelda to see it.

This raises some questions, though... Most importantly, who is Link's sister? ...Could it actually be Zelda? I think not, but it might actually be... This has sure gotten my attention, though, and I'm now thinking very hard about what this could mean... Will this game be set in Hyrule? Has Ganon kidnapped Link's sister? Does this game involve the Triforce? Where in the timeline is this game set? ...Hopefully, we'll get the answers to these questions (and maybe more) when E3 starts... I really hope Link's sister doesn't turn out to be Zelda, though...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]What Nintendo magazine? Nintendo Power? If they're in Nintendo Power, then I'll believe you, but if it's in another magazine I'm still going to consider it a rumor... I've got the May issue (volume 156), though, and it doesn't have them in it... And I woudn't think that the June issue would already be out.
[/B][/QUOTE]

it is the official nintendo mag, ill prove it to you but im still trying to solve the mystery behind my scanner.

*hits scanner hard*

i'm a big fan of zelda and i personally don't care about graphic(unless they're TOO graphical). if there's anything i won't like about the game would probably be link's new face, it looks quite annoying, but even i will grow to get used ot it.

who knew link had a sister?

I think the grafx are great and I look forward to it becoming one of my favorites. But I wouldnt purchase a game for it's looks, I usually check out a game's web page before I go to the gaming store. Wether it's CG or anim I enjoy the challenge of playing it.

I have no idea how you people already know how this game looks like. I mean it isn't even out yet! What is wrong with this picture?! I am a major Zelda fan, but I don't even know what the graphics look like yet. this is totally screwed up. I am upset now. I think I'll go shopping in the land of pink fluff balls now.

does anybody know when the new Zelda comes out for the game cube?

[color=indigo]Did you even read this thread before posting in it? Back on the third page, Smoky Joe said it's coming out in February 2002, which is correct. Please read threads before posting in them. - Desbreko[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by starlight [/i]
[B]ok heres my idea of this game:

-it totally ruins Links dignity (well if he was a real guy)

- I think it really messes with the Zelda timeline

I would say more but wouldnt be right but this is a few of my thoughts on this game [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]1. ...Just look at the attachment... That's what Link looks like in the artwork for the original The Legend of Zelda...

2. Not any more than Ocarina of Time... OOT totally contradicts the story from Zelda: A Link to the Past, of how Ganon was imprisoned in the Dark World... That, and placing some of the other games in the timeline can be hard. I have some theories, though, as to where the GCN game fits in.[/color]

[color=royalblue]Well, the story issue is funny.

The Zelda stories aren't really related at all. They [i]do[/i] often contradict each other...and the only ones that directly connect (in recent memory) are the OoT and MM stories.

The others really bear no relation..it's much like an "alternative story" system...and I believe Nintendo itself has briefly commented that the stories don't necessarily tie in with one another (as this would also limit the possibilities with gameplay as well).[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, it would limit the gameplay a bit, but I wish they'd at least put in [i]something[/i] that would tie in to the others, even just a little. Even just a tiny little easter egg, to keep the limiting to a minimum... But, it's also fun to think up theories to connect all the games together, while still being semi-plausible... :toothy:

I guess I'm happy either way, but it does get a bit annoying having half your theories contradicted when a new game is released... Even if it is fun to think up new ones... :twitch:[/color]

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]Ohh, I wish I could go to E3..... But meh! I'll just sit here and wait for the magazine that 'll tell me all about it.

I don't actually care about the gfx though, all I care about is him keeping the story straight. :D[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]
...and the only ones that directly connect (in recent memory) are the OoT and MM stories.
color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*gasp* You forgot LOZ and AOL (the game, not the internet)! They are direct sequels too.

And the Oracles could be connected (one first quest, then the other one second quest).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]
so true but i guess we will all have to see which game is released its survival of the graphics realistic or cartoony? only time will tell
color] [/B][/QUOTE]

What?