Zelda:Gamecube

eleanor

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I am saying... The magic meter appears in shots with Link having a green undershirt, there are older shots of him in that shirt without a meter as well. That doesn't mean that Link only has magic when he has the green shirt, as no new shots have him with a brown shirt to prove otherwise. That's what it seems like this GameFAQs guy is trying to prove at least, and I don't think it works lol.

Heh...Only 71 days till all our questions are answered.
Anyone importing? I know I probably won't (until Miyamoto does a "Melee" and gives us an English option.

After all, the E3 demo was fully translated.

Note- Zelda's gonna be on the 2002 Cube Clubs, and not a single one's coming for me! :(

I've never imported a game I knew was coming here... Not going to start with Zelda :).

I went to the first batch of Cube Clubs, and it was pretty cool... Other than the annoying Techno and tons of kids who wouldn't get off the systems. I wish I was 21 so I could go to the late night ones. They better do this again next year.

After the excellent service I got from importing PSO, I've been getting more and more interested in importing this game.
Of course, that will only be if the game comes with a Full English option (voices don't matter).

There are two new Zelda videos circulating the net, which show lots of gameplay, with Miyamoto explaining. I haven't fully downloaded one yet, but what I saw was really sweet.

Yeah, those are off a DVD Nintendo was giving away for free in Japan.

It's about current and upcoming GC and GBA games. Zelda was shown, along with Miyamoto explaining it. So was FF: Crystal Chronicles, FF Tactics and some others. The best rip of the DVD seems to be from ruliweb.com, but it's in another language so it's hard to navigate.

Worth searching out though, the video is so clean I could run it full screen and it still looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally...This Zelda has a name!
Right now, however, there's a translation problem, but here are the possible choices:

Legend of Zelda: Winds of Takuto
Legend of Zelda: Touch of the Wind (my favorite)
Legend of Zelda: Cycle of the Wind
Legend of Zelda: Way of the Wind

As of now, unless Nintendo changes the title, I'll be abreviatting this game as TotW.

PS- Anyone know if the japanese version of the game will have an English option (like the demos)?

I don't think the demos actually let you choose... They just translated them to English for the average person at E3 to understand it. I doubt there will be an option for it.

What happened to "Search for Bork." lol

That was the fake subtitle that surfaced like last week.

[color=indigo]Heh, I always use a maximum of four letters for abbreviations like this. ZTLO ("Zelda, The Legend of" meaning the original), ZAOL, ZLTP, ZLA, ZOOT, ZMM, ZOOA, ZOOS...

And here's the wallpaper with the text I added. If you want it in a different font/color and/or in a different place, I still have the .psp file, so I can go back and edit it, too.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[img]http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_95.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_96.jpg[/img]

Two of a small group of images from New Technix's scan of the latest Famitsu. I really like the first one.

[color=indigo]Woah...looks almost like Majora's Mask, lol. (That moth thing in the top screen shot).

And is it just me, or does it seem like the graphics are improving with each new batch of screen shots? Seems like the more I see, the more impressed I am with the cel shaded graphics, and how good they're turning out to look.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, that depends... They're not making the game with any relation to the others in the series in mind, but there are a few things that I know of so far that suggest that this game is indeed set after OOT (and MM, for that matter). The biggest of which is that Link turns 12 at the start of the game, yet he's only 10 in OOT. Now, there are things to suggest that this game is the first in the series, however, such as Link getting his signature green tunic as a gift on his 12th birthday. There is a way, however, with what I know of the story so far, that I can somewhat tie the GCN game in with OOT, MM, and LTP (A Link to the Past).

Okay, so lets look at the story lines for OOT and MM. In OOT, Link defeats Ganondorf/Ganon. About a month later, Link is ambushed by a Skull Kid in the Lost Woods, who had stolen Majora's Mask. Link chases the Skull Kid into Termina, an alternate universe, and saves the world from destruction.

Now lets take a look at my [i]current[/i] theory, about when the GCN game is set: When he comes back to the land of Hyrule, whether from his manipulation of time in Termina or just because time passed differently in Termina, several generations have passed, and anyone that Link knew before has long since died, and Link's exploits in OOT had passed into legend. The Kokiri have left the land of Hyrule, and the Lost Woods has spread out to encompass what was once Kokiri Forest. Link, only being about ten years old and not having a home, wanders the land, until he's welcomed into a small family. That family consists of a man living with his daughter. Link becomes part of the family, coming to call them "uncle" and "sister."

Yep, you guessed it. I'm talking about Link's sister, Arill, in the GCN game, and Link's Uncle in LTP. The events in the GCN game happen, whatever they are, and Link ends up living with his uncle afterwards. (I can't really come up with anything to explain what happened to Arill, yet, since I'd need to know what happens in the GCN game). A few years pass, Link grows into a young man, and then the events in LTP take place.

Now, I could go through my whole timeline, but these are just the parts that are relevant to the question. And, as I said, that's my [i]current[/i] theory, and it will most likely change once I know the events that happen in the GCN game.

But anyway, I think that, from what I know so far, the GCN game does come in between Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past. Other people may think otherwise, this is just what I think. Since they barely ever develop the games with links to the other games in the series in mind, you could say that only a few (like OOT and MM) are linked, and the others are totally seperate. It's just a matter of oppinion.

So, in conclusion, if you want to think of the GCN coming after OOT, then go ahead. If you don't, there's really nothing to prove you wrong. That's the interesting part about trying to link the Zelda games together; it's almost all theory, with barely any proof.[/color]

Avoiding all that.... lol.

Anyway, this apparently is the final Japanese box art/

[img]http://shop.7dream.com/product/0282/154/000B/zelda_192.jpg[/img]

Biggest I've found. It supposedly is either foil (shiny) or hologram. It also says on the spine in English "Tact of the Wind." Case closed lol.

i have a theory now!! i say Zelda GC is during the 7 year time period. they sent link to live with his sister and grandmother with no memory of hyrule so he wouldn't worry cuz rauru probably knew he was need there back home. so when his adventure in GC is over, he returns to the chamber for the deep sleep we all thought he was in.

[color=indigo]You can be pretty sure that the US release will have different box art. The art is usually pretty different between the Japanese and US releases for Zelda games, from what I've seen.

Personally, for the box art, I'd be happy with an just the sword and shield logo on a gold background, like the old boxes. Of course, I still think they should go back to using something like the LTP and LA logos, with the sword going down through the "z" instead of going diagonally behind the shield. That, so far, is my favorite Zelda logo.[/color]

I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in this...

[url]http://www.gf-data.de/gamefront-temp/zelda.jpg[/url]

Copy and paste the link into your address bar.

Basically if you preorder the new Zelda in Japan, you get a free GC disc with two games on it. Ocarina of Time and Ura Zelda. They aren't just emulated either, and supposedly look pretty good. Don't expect Spaceworld demo graphics though.

Ura Zelda was an addon for OoT on 64DD that was finished but never released. It was basically OoT with new dungeons and characters more or less.

I hope we get it here... Would be a cool bonus.

[color=indigo]Hmm...I guess that was the rumored OOT remake that I was hearing about. Interesting... While I'm not too excited about a remake of OOT, unless new stuff is added, I really, really, [i]really[/i] hope that they do this in the US, too, just so I can finally play Ura Zelda.

Of course, we probably won't get it over here, because the US always seems to get screwed when it comes to little bonus things like this. :grumble:[/color]

about that pre-order thing. I was reading on PGC that they doubt anyone will bring URA-Zelda to the Us, it's gunna be to hard for them to translate it to English just to give away in a free-be. So im thinking IF they make a Pre-order Zelda disk in the Us, when I dont know?, it will prolly have oot and MM...Which isnt to bad...two classic games on gcn will be great