OtakuBoards

New GAMECUBE Colors Revealed!

James

Nintendo has announced that it will ship both Purple and Black varieties of GameCube for the Japanese launch.

The company will release an Orange version soon after.

Nintendo will also have controllers in all three colours with a "clear purple" controller as well.

[IMG]http://www.thegia.com/news/0108/n23g/black.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.thegia.com/news/0108/n23g/orange.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 months later...
It was so easy when there was just the purple cube. . then these two colors got introduced. .Luckily (I think. . ), rumor has it that only the jet black and the purple will be available at luanch, knocking down one choice right off the bat.

Here is my problem though.

Do I want the Jet Black - As cool as it is, my friend is getting that color too. . and I just don't know =(

Or do I want the Purple - I want people to see me with it, and say, "Hey, that looks like a little kiddie's system" so I can show them with a smile, how powerful this little 'kiddie system' really is :D Plus, with so many Jet Black consols that are going to be scooped up. . purple would be kinda original in a wierd sort of way. . right? . .

Problems of my life. . Well. . one of em. . wow. . I suck (and post an appx. 5,000 (.'s <---periods) in each of my posts. . LOL)

Riiiight. . . *shuts up*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James[/i] Nintendo has announced that it will ship both Purple and Black varieties of GameCube for the Japanese launch.

The company will release an Orange version soon after.

Nintendo will also have controllers in all three colours with a "clear purple" controller as well.[/QUOTE]

I've known that for almost a month now. And, I also have some pics of that same display too.

Yeah, you're right, NorykoAngelcry, only Jet (black) and Indigo (purple) GCN systems will be available at launch. And it's not a rumor. I read this in Nintendo Power, and so far, they've always been right about this sort of thing. (being in the same building as Nintendo [I]has[/I] to help)

I decided to go ahead and stick with the Purple color. I realize it may look more 'kiddish', but when it comes down to it, if the color is that much of a factor to someone, there will be one more Jet Black one out there for them ^_^

Also, I think that it is more original to get the Purple colored GAMECUBE over the Jet Black. How many systems are there with Black consols? PS2, X-Lunchbox, N64. It will be unique to have a Purple system. . . oh yeah, and it matches my Gameboy Advance :D