OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop

vegetto master

Guest Jabroni3:16
I garentee CB wouldn't appeal to any of you if it weren't for the music. There wouldn't be a CB without the music. I consider myself a hardcore fan of CB, i was one of the lucky people who got the Limited Edition DVD- Boxed set, i got like number 7650, ever since then it has become my all time favorite. If they wanted to expand on the series they can just do it through movies or in a prequal. Wouldn't it be interesting to watch Spike in the Red Dragons (i was going to put in what they actually called it but it's 4 am and i can't force my brain to think that hard)? Any way, if the creators wanted to they could just made more movie and spread em though out the CB storyline, heck they could do this with any new episodes they wanted to add, because after all there's only four episodes in the series that form two, two part episodes. Sorry yall, i shouldn't have started writing this so late at night, i'll have to add anything i have forgotten tommorow when i am fully awake.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Cowboy Bebop is the best show ever! It has the best plot and a good sized audience. It is not a stupid children's show and it makes you think. (Who would've thought?) My fav character is also Faye Valentiine. She's the greatest! For those who talked about Juila, I have some scolding to do. I believe that Spike should be with Faye, but writing Juila off like a b*tch is wrong. She was an important part of Spike's past and her and other elements of his past made the storyline intresting. If he hadn't fallen in love with Juila, Spike and Vicious would have been partners still. Where might that take us fans? A really sucky version of Cowboy Bebop.[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door." Rick Hunter, do you happen to know when this is supposed to be released state side? Last time i was around you were saying late Spring, but i have been looking around and haven't found a release date. What's the ETA on this one?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Oh sorry guys about that, last I heard they pushed back the Knocking on Heaven's Door movie, due to dvd authoring issues, currently, the official word is sometime in June but I doubt this at the latest I would say August! But will see, well let me look for some more info on this and I will keep you updated!;)

Thanks Rick, i have been wandering for quite some time. I went was far as to E-Mail Ban-dai but then didn't help me out in any way.

I love cowboy bebop! I'm also working on a site for it too. and yes it royaly sucks that spike died. oh well, as kurt vonegut would have said: "so it goes". my favorite ep. would have to be "pierrot le fou" That episode was just so dark, creepy and scary that it made the top of my must see anime list....

Mine would have to be... actually i love the whole series, i can't think of one eppisode that i would skip... Each have their own feel and mood to them. I am so glad i have the series, one of the best buys i have ever made. In fact i would have paid more, just to support Sunrise, BanDai, and Pioneer!

[color=indigo] I think maxed out my credit card today, I ordered the entire series on DVD. As I have stated thousands of time, Cowboy Bebop is my all time favorite anime series. The story line between Spike and Viscous rocks, Faye Valentine is the ultimate femme fatale, and Edward...well I cannot say enough about Edward. Yoko Kano did an incredible job composing the music for the series, and the animation and the storyline are both awesome.

I'll end this post with a quick reminder, eat eggs![/color]

Heaven's Cloud, i recomend getting the First CowBoy Bebop CB Soundtrack. Don't get "No Disk," i just got it the other day and i am not that impressed. I want to purchase "Blue" someday but i need to buy some other stuff before then. Anyway you definately made a good buy. How much are you spending on it? I got that Special Edition DVD Boxed Set and it only cost me somthing like $180, it came with the first sound track also.

[color=indigo] I got the limited Edition boxed set...it comes wit all types of crap, including the soundtrack (OST 1, which I already have). I found it for $149 used, but I didn't want to take the chance so I shelled out $340 for it, but they only made 9,999 of them, so maybe it'll be worth something one day...if I don't wear it out on my DVD player.

Get Blue....it is avery good soundtrack.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Oh sorry guys about that, last I heard they pushed back the Knocking on Heaven's Door movie, due to dvd authoring issues, currently, the official word is sometime in June but I doubt this at the latest I would say August! But will see, well let me look for some more info on this and I will keep you updated!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Not to correct you Mr. Hunter, but a recent article in "Wizard" magazine says that "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" could possibly make it onto the big screen in a limited run. Columbia Tri-Star pictures wants to release the movie at just the right time, in order to make tons of money. On the Real Folk Blues boards, some people are estimating it to be released as early as winter.

I would love to see the Bebop movie in theaters but once again I must warn everyone that I have not seen any other evidence to support this statement.

[b]In other words: Don't get your hopes up.[/color][/b]

Actually my boxed set (don't know if you are getting extra or not) only came with the first. What kind of music is in Blue? Is it Instrumental Stuff or what?

Yes, it is a really enjoyable series. I can't believe that Knockin' On Heaven's Door even [i] might[/i] be considered to be on the big screen. If I may quote you, Angelus_Necare: Oh Joyous Day!

nice choice of words mist :D. I would LOVE to see knockin' on heaven's door on the big screen! because, well that's my biggest fantasy, seeing the tall dark and handsome green fuzzy hair man of my anime dreams on the big screen!

((plus it would be great if this manga scene could be worked into one of the shows.....))

I haven't read any of this thread so I wouldn't read any spoilers, but I just bought the first DVD and I gotta say it's very kick butt. Only thing I don't like is the music that they have.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:eek: :eek: :eek: Cowboy Bebop's music is the heart and soul of the anime, it is what breath's life into its animation, how can you not like it? Just look at the title Cowboy Bebop, you should of known what music to expect from it!

*Falls over* These ob anime fans are going to be the death of me I swear! -__-

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]*Falls over* These ob anime fans are going to be the death of me I swear! -__- [/B][/QUOTE]

And to top it off, you're most likely gonna die faster thanks to AE Boards.:p

Now back to the topic... The music in Cowboy Bebop really did help set the mood very well. I just loved the song they played when Spike was going to the ruined church in Ballard of Fallen Angels. It was just so.....perfect! Same thing goes for all the other songs they play. Its just too bad I find out more about this series now than when I was in High school - a good friend of mine would've let me borrow his Japanese verison.:( Oh well, I had my chance.....:bawl: