OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop

vegetto master

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]*Falls over* These ob anime fans are going to be the death of me I swear! -__- [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]I thought my laziness was going to be the death of you.:p

The music on Bebop is wonderful. It perfectly captures the tone of the show, and sets the mood for every episode. "Tank" is such a wonderful theme song, one of my favorites.[/color]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Jabroni3:16
In that same episode "Ballad of Fallen Angels" there's another great song that sets the tone for a great scene and tons o plot. "Green Bird" plays as Spike is thrown through the stain glass window, everything goes slo-mo while showing clips of his past with the syndicate. It's an utterly beautiful scene, it displays the brillience of CowBoy Bebop in like a 5 minute span.

Honestly, once you've seen CB as much as me, you kinda get board of "Tank." The version that is on the first Soundtrack is better IMO. But the one episode, well it's a two part episode, that stands out from the others is "Jupiter Jazz." In these episodes "Space Lion" is played throughout. The song on the soundtrack is close to 7 minutes long... IMHO, Jupiter Jazz part 1 & 2 are probably the best in the series, which means they have to be really really good. Without Yoko Kanno's influence CB would be merely another Anime.

[color=green]"Rain" is such a great song, it is so rare to get [i]that[/i] much emotion out of an english performer, I have it burned on my "anime favorites" CD.

This is a weird favorite, but "Edward's Theme" (I am not sure of the title) rocks, along with the sing they played during the chase in "Stray Dog Strut."[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:eek: :eek: :eek: Cowboy Bebop's music is the heart and soul of the anime, it is what breath's life into its animation, how can you not like it? Just look at the title Cowboy Bebop, you should of known what music to expect from it!

*Falls over* These ob anime fans are going to be the death of me I swear! -__- [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just don't like that kind of music that they have at all. During the fight scenes, would like something a little bit harder than what they used. To set the mood more, like it's more dangerous, instead of like it's just childs play. Ya know?

Thats the name of the song? Rain? Time to go MP3 hunting! Been trying to find this for the longest. I just LOVE the electric guitar solo. I'm gonna edit that part a bit so my computer can start up with that part. Thanks guys, now to search for all the other songs mentioned here....*takes gun and goes hunting*

I don't think battles always need tough music. In Escaflowne, they have fights, and the music is usually chanting-type music. I like the CB music because it just gives you a feel of the type of emotions going on. "Rain" sort of says the emotions are sad, and that it's not just a mindless battle. Or...maybe that's just what I interpret....Yoko Kanno knows just how to lay out music, perfectly. ^^

[COLOR=blue]Are you talking about "Wo Qui Non Coin", that they play on "Hard Luck Woman"? I love that song. :D One song I can't find anywhere, is Papa Plastic. Does anyone know what OST that song is on? :confused:[/COLOR]

Papa Plastic? Never heard of it... I've looked on all the OSTs and i didn't find it... Ed's theme song is "Cats On Mars" i do believe.

I just got done watching KOHD, i am to cheap to buy the import so i Downloaded it, (I'll definately buy a SE, if there is one, of the american version, one that has the English dub and the Japanese dub in the same one) That movie is probebly now my favorite anime, it's just so kickass!

[COLOR=blue]Papa Plastic is a rock song, it's on "Hard Luck Woman" when you first see the two guys mapping any changes to the Earth. (I can't remember their names.) It's an awesome song, I can't find the lyrics to it anywhere. :([/COLOR]

*goes and downloads rain and cats on mars* wee.. "mushroom mamba" and "jammin with edward" are my fav episodes. everytime i think about "mushroom mamba." i picture spike walking up 5 steps that seem like 5 million and faye like she's swimming in the bathroom! and then there's jet talking to his plants *giggles* but "jammin with edward" almost made me cry. that satallite thingy being all lonely.. it was sad *tear* oh well.. long live ed.. she's so cute!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jabroni3:16 [/i]
[B]Mushroom Samba is the name of the episode... [/B][/QUOTE]

O forgive O jabroni. like i said in some other post, i cant spell. also i havent seen mushroom samba in a looong time. it was the first episode i saw of CB.. anywho.. its a dandy show whatever you call it.

I have been watching the dubbed version for a while now, and I must say I was really impressed. But finally last night I was able to see a subbed version, completley uncut, and I must say, it is one of the best animes ever. Probably my favorite next to Gundam. Trust me, watch the subs it makes a [B]big[/B] difference.

I don't know how that could be true, i own all the DVDs and have watched most of the episodes subbed and i don't see how the subbing could be [i]so[/i] much better... Which episode did you watched subbed?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Well everyone who knows me well, knows that my perfered anime is in fact subbed not dubbed, however I highly recommend the CB dubbing it is pretty close in most aspects to the sub, and the voice actors did a great job, unlike other dub companies such as Funimation with the db franchise!;) :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jabroni3:16 [/i]
[B]I don't know how that could be true, i own all the DVDs and have watched most of the episodes subbed and i don't see how the subbing could be [i]so[/i] much better... Which episode did you watched subbed? [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree. I have watched most of both animes and well. They did a pretty good job. Almost every aspect of this series was carried over right, and Rick Hunter I agree, the dubbed Dragonball episodes are terrible, but I heard Blue Gender was better though. Anyway, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes ever, regaurdless sub or dub. But like Rick, I prefer subs, but I can't always get my hands on them. :p

:toothy: