OtakuBoards

Star Wars:Rogue Squadron(play!)

9mm Avenger

[i]Marth sat in the briefing room, waiting for the others to appear. As he waited, Wedge Antillies came into the room.[/i]

Wedge:Wha? Oh, hi Marth....I didn't expect anyone to be in here...I'm just setting up for the meeting...Here, put these data porfolios on each seat.

Marth:*looks at the portfolios*What are these for?

Wedge:History lesson. The past deeds and great members of Rogue Squadron, our purpose, the members now....Suff like that.

Marth:*flips through pages*Biggs, Porkins, Dak..Bror Jace...Skywalker....You....Uncle Corran...*turns to the cuurent members section*Hmm...Lots of names, but no pictures.

Wedge:Yeah...We coulden't find pictures of the members now..Just put them on the seats.

Marth:Sure. Anyone else showing up for the meeting?

Wedge:No, just me.*enters some numbers into the computer*Why are you here so early?

Marth:Got bored.....*sighs*

Wedge:*looks up*Whats up?

Marth:Worried, General. We have a lot to live up to.

Wedge: Don't worry. I'm sure the new Squadron will do just fine.

Marth:Right....Anything else I can do?

Wedge:Just sit here and wait. I'll be back just before the meeting starts.

[i]Wedge leaves, and Marth cracks open his data portfolio, and begins to read....[/i]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops..... Almost forgot about this in my bloody, bored mess..
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
[i]The sleek X-Wing buzzed by the Control Tower, rocking the center madly.[/i]

Control: Ok, that's it, Blank! Come back in!

Blank: What I do, ma'? All I did was buzz the friggin tower!

Control: AND WITHOUT A GREEN! C'MON HOME, NOW!

Blank: *angry sigh* Roger...

[i]After a long and scornful chewing-out, Blank was on his way once again. Walking down the halls of [b]The Liberator[/b], Blank eventually made his way to the bar, ordering a drink. He sat, lazily listening to the music, checking his watch every now-and-then. But one time he did a double take. At 1740 hours. Blank slapped down the money for his bill, before taking off down the halls. Every twist and turn he made, he would slip on the slick floor a good ten feet. Every time. He had to make it to the Briefing Room.

He had already messed up today. If he blew this, he might get ejected from the Academy. With that thought in mind, Blank ran even faster. He blew past other Pilots, each one stopping a few seconds after he ran past to come to attention. He hated the fact that he had to say "At ease" every two seconds.

He collided straight into the door frame, nearly breaking his face. He very quickly regained his composure, trying to play it off.

He walked into the Briefing Room, inspecting the other members that were there. One was a strange-looking fellow with green hair. Another was a very attractive young woman, seated next to someone Blank knew from the Academy: Seamus. Blank took the seat across from Seamus smiling briefly.

He checked his watch. 1750 hours.[/i]

[color=deeppink]Beh to all of you Otaku people...I try to sit down to write this and you ALL IM ME AT ONE TIME! Stop that! Hehehe, nahh, just kidding of course...:p

______________[/color]

[color=purple][i]Jana watched the new members slowly trickle into the briefing room. She had arrived early to avoid having to see Mack, for she was afraid she would go at him rather than remain calm.

She greeted each male with a cool glance of acknowledgement, not a smile. She soon found herself to be the only female in to room, and was relieved when another young woman rushed into the room.

Wedge was soon to follow. Jana and the rest of the trainees stood to meet him. His dark hair had greyed slightly over the years, and the skin around the corners of his mouth had started to droop.[/i] 'Still handsome.' [i]Thought Jana.[/i]

"At ease." [i]The new Rouges relaxed and resumed their seats,[/i] "Good evening ladies and gentlemen...I welcome you all. You are soon to be the new generation of Rouges." [/color]

[color=deeppink][i]By the way, this is my ideal image of Jana...:)[/i][/color]

[color=teal][i]Seamus after 6 long hour finally left the simulator, his arm was killing him and he swore that he'd have to go to the medical bay. On the way he bumps in General Antillies and saluted him[/i]

Seamus: Good afternoon sir any news

Wedge: Well the Rogue Squadron flies out on a mission to the outer rim and theres a meeting on for the New Squadron I wanna see you there

Seamus: Will do sir I have completed the Simulator training I was ordered to do

Wedge: Good hit many dupes (Tie fighters)

Seamus: Pasted them all over space

[i]Seamus saluted onece again and left for the briefing room for the meeting he entered and found Marth sitting in one of the chairs[/i]

Seamus: Hey Marth

Marth: Whats new Seamus

Seamus: Nothing he what are those [i]points to port folios[/i]

Marth: History lessons on the old squadron pilots

Seamus: Hmmmm looks intersting but there are no pictures of them

Marth: yeah thats what i said wedge said he couldn't find any

[i]Wedge re-enters the room and begins to talk[/i][/color]

<<< Ace late as always walked in the briefing room, Wedge looked over at him >>

Wedge: Private!

Ace: << Slightly jumps and quickly looks over at wedge >> Yes Sir! << Sautés >> (( Spelling?)

Wedge: glad you could join us.

Ace: Sorry sir .. I wasn't informed but a moment or two ago.

Wedge: take a seat

<<< Ace looks around the room shortly and sits next to Lana, nods to her >>>

Ace: << Looking at the history lesson data >> Sweet ? these guys are like my heroes << Looks around >> <> not really. << Ace remains quiet for the briefing >>

??? Please continue ?..

:D

Abob snickered as he watched the other pilot stagger into the room, late as usual. He wanted to get back to the breifing.....

He opened his portfolio for the twentyth time and looked ovr the contents, this mission would be a tough one all right..

:demon: :demon:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]:D

Abob snickered as he watched the other pilots stagger into the room, late as usual. He wanted to get back to the breifing but the whole squadron wasnt here yet..........

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Actually, if you read my post...all of the squadron IS there.[/color]

ooc:*sigh*Just a reminder...PLEASE read all recent posts [i]before[/i] responding. This is just so that spam and little annoying comments like:"Learn to read"Don't clutter up this RPG...So [b]all[/b] the members are in the Briefing Room. And another thing..A little vocab for those unfimiliar with it...

Eyeball:TIE starfighter
Squint:TIE intercepter
Dupe:TIE bomber
Bright:advanced TIE modles. (TIE defender, TIE advanced)
Illuminated:Blown up
Nova'd:See above.
-------------------------------------------------------

General Wedge Antillies survied all the new Rogues, and smiled. "Welcome to Rogue Squadron. As many of you know, I am General Wedge Antillies....The New Republic hero. As many of you know, Rogue Squadron has had a unique history of being made of the best pilots the Rebal Alliance had to offer. We killed both Death Stars, stunted the Imperial invasion at Hoth, taken Coruscant, and generally been a thorn in the Empire's side.
"Many of you may think that being here is on the fast track to being a hero. Your not wrong...Heros are [i]icons[/i], and Rogue Squadron is a huge icon. Unfortunetly, most heros are dead. Live heros are harder to idolize than dead heros, in many respects. Dead heros are seen as mytyrs to the Rupublic cause, sacrificing themselves. Well this may be true, a live hero continues to distinguish him or herself. I hope many of you are the latter kind of hero. I have lost to many friends.
"On a happier note, I consider this group to be the best yet. You have all been carefully screened. Your flying skills are second to none. Well it may be true most Rogues die on thier first five missions, I want you to break this tradition. Now, if you are wondering what those data portfolios are for, they are to help you familiarize with your Squadron mates, and the history of Rogue Squadron. In that portfolio is your wing number. Please remember this. This wing number determins your wingman, or who you are flying wingman for. These are also to determine which Flights you are in. Rogues numbers Leader to Four will be Flight One. Rogues Five to Nine will be Flight Two. And finally, Rogues Ten to Twelve will be Flight Three.
"About your missions. Your first mission will be in a few days, giving you a chance to see how your fellow pilots perform. Also, I will leave it up to you to determine roomates...The next meeting will be tomorrow at 1200 hours. You are dismissed."

Sorry, I got thrown off by the last post (Aces arrival..)

Abob yawned, the mission breifing was so predictable...
He listened to the rest of Wedges speech and when it was over he walked to his quarters, he fell asleep immeaditly, after a very boring day.............

Well, let's see... Nothin much happened..... Our mission is in a few days..... We have another briefing at 1200 hours tommorow......Hey, Lock, need a completely evil/drunk roomate? :drunk: Since I have WB and all....NURG! ><

1200 hours the next day.....

The pilots filed into the breifing room , they were all neatly dressed and on time since Marth had told them they would lose their first leave if they missed this important meeting..

They sat down at the oval breifing table, which had a holo projector in the middle and were about to open their mission breifing packets when Wedge walked in , his face troubled....

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]This is just so that spam and little annoying comments like:"Learn to read"[/b][/quote]

[color=deeppink]I don't believe I ever said such a thing ;)[/color]

[quote][b]Eyeball:TIE starfighter
Squint:TIE intercepter
Dupe:TIE bomber
Bright:advanced TIE modles. (TIE defender, TIE advanced)
Illuminated:Blown up
Nova'd:See above.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Thank you, I shall find those very useful. There is one more, though...[b]Uglies[/b]...I forget the description of what they look like though...they're a bunch of fighters jumbled together I think.
_________________________[/color][/size]

[color=purple][i]Jana closed the portfolio she was glancing through and looked up when the other young woman approached her. Her first impressions had been wrong...this other female wasn't a woman, but rather a[/i] girl[i]. She couldn't have been any older than 16.[/i]

Tursi: Hi Lieutenant...seeing as how we're the only two girls here...

Jana: ...you want to room together.

Tursi: [i]smiling,[/i] Yes, do you want to?

[i]Jana frowned, this girl was so young...though she must have incredible piloting skills to be picked for Rogue Squadron at such a young age. She really didn't want to share her quarters with a girl 5 or 6 years her junior...[/i]

Jana: Well...I guess I have no choice. We can see how it works out.

Tursi: Great, thanks a lot ma'am.

Jana: [i]Uncomfortable with the formality of her title[/i], You don't need to adress me so formally when we're at ease like this. Please just call me Jana.

[i]Jana stood up and exited the briefing room, leaving Tursi to follow in her wake.[/i][/color]

Abob watched as Jana and Tursi exited the room. The breifing wouldnt start for a few minutes but they were cutting it aful close...

-----------
uglie-these are indeed ships cobbled together and USUALLY belong to unskilled pilots who get themselves killed easily..

Yeah...Uglies are cobbled togerther from Rebel and Imp ships..Very easy to kill, especially the DIE wing, because it's slow, and has no shields...Imperial Doctrine dosen't even allow pilots to waste shots on the DIE wing.

X-Ceptor:X-Wing body with TIE Intercepter wings

TIE-Wing:TIE starfighter with Y-wing engines, also called DIE-Wing

X-TIE:TIE starfighter cockpit with X-Wing S-foils

Also, briefing for first mission won't be for a few "hours"...RPG wise...
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Marth stood up, only to be assulted by a wash of static, or thats what he felt. He collapsed onto the chair, holding his head.[/i]

Wedge:Marth! Whats wrong?

Marth:Nothing...Just a headrush....*shakes head*I need to lie down....

A little side note: 2 people here will be allowed to be Jedi...If you want to be a Jedi, just tell me...By Private Message, and I'll decide
----------------------------

[i]Marth stood up, and walked out of the room. Shaking his head, he walked twords his room, hoping the strange wave of fellings and pain didn't wash over him again..Marth made his back to his room and lay down, falling asleep...[/i]

Um... you guys will still have to keep me alive, i haven't been posting because i'm grounded.

*Tursi follows behind jana, and sighs. than stops walking*

Tursi: is it just me or do most people ignor me?

This rpg not alive, i try and post on it EVERY day!
:laugh: :laugh:

:naughty: Abob walked toward the simulators and settled for his favorite sim. It was the battle of yavin 4, also called the first death star run. He had never beaten it and always had liked a challenge...

He got as far as the thermal exaush port this time and fired the torpedo but it missed and seconds later he was vaped by a Tie advanced, curtosy of a simulated darth vader...

he sighed and walked back to his room , he was not sleepy so he recorded his "in the event of my death" message and serched the holonet for news of intrest. he saw only the various small scurmishes between imperial remnants and the occasional senate proceeding. Annoyed he walked out to the bar to see if anyone was interested in a good game of sabac...

[color=firebrick][i]A small *beeeeep* resounded on Marth's comm-puter. He had the noise turned low to prevent further headaches, but yelled with joy and surprise when he saw who the message was from.[/i]

Marth:Uncle Corran! Well, finally..He can't ignore his only nephew forever.*rolls eyes*His excuse is going to be caught up in Jedi studies.

????:Yeah, something like that.

Marth:Uncle Corran! How's it going?

[i]Corran Horn, Jedi Knight and former Rogue pilot, sat down on Marth's cot, and smiled. His weather-beaten face had several small scars, and in several places-mostly near his ears and eyes-, his skin was stretched taught from Jedi concentration. His pale-green robes contrasted well with the cold gray interior of Marth's quater.[/i]

Corran:It's going pretty good, Marth. I hoped the message would get to you sooner, but it's still tough to communicate with the millitary. Have you considered Master Skywalker's offer?

Marth:Yeah I have.

Corran:And...?

Marth:His offer couldent have come at a worse time...No that I'm with the Rogues..So my awnser right now is no.

[i]Corran peered at Marth with squinted eyes, as if trying to see if he was lying. Corran let out a loud sigh, then leaned back.[/i]

Corran:just like the first time he offered that to me...I said no, because I had promises to fill....But you will come, right?

Marth:*smiles*Mabey..And as per your request, I haven't shared that with anyone...But I can scence there is another Force-sencitive person in this squadron.

Corran:Yeah, I felt that to. So, I have some things to take care of here, visit Wedge and Tycho, and so on..I'll see you later, okay?

Marth:Sure.

[i]Corran exits, and Marth wonders if he made the right choice about Luke Skywalker's training offer...[/i] [/color]

jana: what do you mean?

Tursi: i know you think i'm too young to be a pilot, and i don't think anyone will take me siriously. I just wish i knew why? My age shouldn't matter right jana? *does her puppy eyes*

Abob got to the bar and was annoyed to find that not a single being there would play sabacc for money. He groaned and sat down on the barstool and ordered a lomin ale. After he finished it he ordered another, and another, and another untill he was so drunk he could barely walk. Then he stumbled back to his quarters where he fell asleep on the floor........:alcohol: :alcohol:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B][color=firebrick][i]A small *beeeeep* resounded on Marth's comm-puter. He had the noise turned low to prevent further headaches, but yelled with joy and surprise when he saw who the message was from.[/i]

Marth:Uncle Corran! Well, finally..He can't ignore his only nephew forever.*rolls eyes*His excuse is going to be caught up in Jedi studies.

[/i] [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have been gone a few days and therefore have been absent from the boards :)

I was also wondering how Corran is related to Marth? The only possible thing I can think of is if Marth is the son of Mirax's brother or sister...which I didn't think she had any? Corran obviously doesn't have siblings, so there can't be children to call his neices or nephews...unless they were from Mirax's side. So I'm just curious :D

___________________________[/color]

[color=purple][i]Jana glanced back at Tursi and raised her eyebrows...[/i]

Jana: I'm using the 'fresher...

Tursi: [i]defiantely[/i], So am I.

Jana: All right then...[i]turns back around and makes a weird face[/i]...

[i]Jana remembered why she didn't[/i] like [i]remembering her days when she was that young....[/i][/color]