OtakuBoards

Is FFX coming to GC

_Shiro Amada_

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]FF11 on the GC.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]I didn't think it was FF11 I thouhgt it was a different one?? Oh well we all know Herman knows absolutley nothing!![/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]I heard that a game called Final Fantasy International is coming out for the GC. Which is supposedly FFX with more enemies and a extra video showing Tidus is still alive. [/B][/QUOTE]

As far as I know, that's only for Japanese PS2 gamers. I've heard of something called Final Fantasy Unlimited coming out for it though.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

As far as I know, that's only for Japanese PS2 gamers. I've heard of something called Final Fantasy Unlimited coming out for it though. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Yes, Final Fantasy Unlimited. Although the GameCube will not be recieving the same Final Fantasy titles as the Playstation 2, they will be getting [b]a[/b] Final Fantasy series, which Square must agree to or else they have no deal with the ports to GBA. This series will be called Final Fantasy Unlimited, a previous anime which premiered in Japan, and has little to do with PS2's games, not that any of the FFs do with each other anyway. This leads me to believe that GBA will be getting a form of FFU as well, since Nintendo specifically asked for the two systems to link up somehow. I wouldn't call this a loss, but a great oppertunity for the GCN to prove itself with their own Final Fantasy series.[/COLOR]

:blah:

I don't really see any point in releasing any Final Fantasy games on the GCN..... I mean, there's already something like 10 FF games on the Sony.... why not continue it on Sony? If they jump to the GCN, all the PSX owners won't be able to play the rest of the series, unless they buy a GC....

Well that's my little rant.... :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I don't really see any point in releasing any Final Fantasy games on the GCN..... I mean, there's already something like 10 FF games on the Sony.... why not continue it on Sony? If they jump to the GCN, all the PSX owners won't be able to play the rest of the series, unless they buy a GC....

Well that's my little rant.... :) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]If this deal with Square and Nintendo goes through, Square will still be making Final Fantasy games on the PS2. They just might also be making them for the GCN.

I [i]REALLY[/i] hope that they port FFXI to the GCN! (I think I've said this about 10 times, LOL).[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I don't really see any point in releasing any Final Fantasy games on the GCN..... I mean, there's already something like 10 FF games on the Sony.... why not continue it on Sony? If they jump to the GCN, all the PSX owners won't be able to play the rest of the series, unless they buy a GC....

Well that's my little rant.... :) [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]I can see the point exactly. You see, after Square lost millions of American dollars in their movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and they had to expand to obtain more money. Not only will they continue with the PS2 now, but they are going to start releasing on the GameCube and GameBoy Advance as well. You are wrong. The first 6, half of the series as we know it, were played on Nintendo systems such as the NES and SNES, though about half of those were never released outside of Japan. Final Fantasy VII was the result of both Square and Sony leaving Nintendo, Sony making their own system, and Square supporting them with their top series. They will still continue with Sony because of the bond in the past, but now they are expanding to GameCube AS WELL. Havn't you ever heard of sharing your toys? It seems all of your questions and comments turned out false.[/COLOR]

:blah:

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]there are going to be exclusive games to both systems i believe... but i think that square plans on leaving sony AFTER ff xii in which the ff series would end... and they would use names like FF unlimited and such for each game instead of numbers which would make the rumors that 12 would be the last game in the series... making it true and false in the same breath ;) it would be awesome if they made nintendo only games but for their profits they will make up to 12 on the ps2. i think after that they will probably go exclusive gcn making almost no reason for me to look at sony systems... they dont have that many decent games outside of rpgs (imo since i dont like much else) and all the rpgs ran to sony as soon as square did... and rumors are going around that game arts and others will go to the cube or the box 0.o cause square is gone all the rpg fans will move as well... oh well it wont unfold for over 2 years anyway... SW 3 will come out before this is settled ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I am sorry, so, so incredibly sorry to say Kuja, that in fact: FF XII is also coming out on PS2 not to mention Sony bought 10% of Squaresoft in a past transaction. Rumors are easy to fall into, but I DON"T rely on rumors, I went to Gamespot.com and EGMmagazine.com. Both sources ay that Sony and Square HAD a contract that ended with FFIX, as it was said when I went to E3 2001. But just recently Sony bought 10% of Squaresoft, which doesn't leave Square much option to leave them. Sorry about this Kuja but Square isn't going ANYWHERE anytime soon. Yet they are planning to port the NES and SNES games to GBA (ALSO A RUMOR, the probability is that whoever started this rumor heard about the FF ports to Bandai's Wonderswan Color and confused it with GBA), and if these ports ARE true, then I guess it would mean for FF to also be on GC.
Yet, Square hasn't made any announcements about even moving the SNES Final Fantasy's to any new Nintendo system. Not to mention Square moved ported those games a long "ace" time ago to the Playstation. So don't keep your hopes up, I am going to E3 this year as well, so unless Square makes ealrier announcements, which they probably won't, wait until I bring in the scoop this summer.
Just a reminder, don't listen to rumors, if you do read them... always go and research if its true.
And by the way I have managed to stop people fromdver never logging on with my name and making obscene remarks. Sorry, Kuja!!!
----M

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i think after that they will probably go exclusive gcn making almost no reason for me to look at sony systems... they dont have that many decent games outside of rpgs (imo since i dont like much else) [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I know it's your opinion, but don't make me slap you boy. I'll do it....knock you right upside your head. *walks off mumbling and comes back*

C'mon, you know you wanna go on a little espionage action with Snake/Raiden or terrorize Liberty City as a thug. There are plenty of quality games on PS2, especially after this past holiday season. Plus, we can't forget hits like ATV Offroad or Ico. I'm not even going to name them all, because I don't have enough fingers to count 'em sucka. Basically, they have every genre cornered for now. I'm not trying to be biased, it's just that I'm kinda impressed at the ratio of quality games vs. crap games.

Anyway, I doubt that Square will go exclusive to Nintendo......then again, Capcom did with Resident Evil, so who knows?

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]not a single game you mentioned impresses me. all of them are very short... on in the case of GTA3 violence doesnt impress me one bit... that game is all hormones but not worth a rental. ill admit MGS2 look impressive and all... but GTA3 is a peice of crap. anyway.

fighting games gcn has IMO... super smash brothers melee one of a kind and the best selling one out there. stratagy can u say pikmin? (ICO is the only ps2 one out there that got any attention and it is sadly short) sports games are just for dumb jocks... u have to realize that while i am an athlete i am also probably one of the smartest people here ;) with an IQ one point short of a genius and an international diploma from high school ;) unless it makes me think i dont want it... which is y STORYLINE is important to me. sports um duh NONE. racing is the same as sports to me... thou mario kart/ctr are ok.
now as we all know i liked the psx better than the 64. so im not a nintendo fan boy or anything. i just like the potential of the cube better. the ps2 is too SHORT on all the games... i spent days on everything but pikmin that is three times longer than ICO which is what a game should be based on not this 7 hour crap or i beat it in a day go me im a real gamer! BS

now for shiro...
yes sony does own a portion of square but if you know anything about these things 10% isnt anything you would have to own 51% of a company to do anything lol. so all square has to say is 'too bad' NOTHING SONY CAN DO... plus they could get totally around that by selling EVERYTHING to the new company that they are going to make with nintendo. what on earth could sony say? u screwed me? hahahahaha yes they did but not legally ;)
now this doesnt mean that what i said will happen only time will tell. but as i said before (and u agreed with) FF 12 (xii) will come to the ps2 i said that... u agreed lol... but i think AFTER that the series will probably go to nintendo... would make them more money since nintendo games tend to sell more games when it comes to the good games... SSMB was a very fast seller... what was the first game to break the same sales for the ps2? exactly ;)
now i think you misread my post... i said 12 will go to the ps2 but after that no one knows for sure[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]
Yet, Square hasn't made any announcements about even moving the SNES Final Fantasy's to any new Nintendo system. Not to mention Square moved ported those games a long "ace" time ago to the Playstation. So don't keep your hopes up, I am going to E3 this year as well, so unless Square makes ealrier announcements, which they probably won't, wait until I bring in the scoop this summer.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]You're 100% wrong there, Shiro.

First off, one of Square's senior designers [b]confirmed[/b] only two or three days ago that Final Fantasy Tactics will indeed be appearing on GBA. Moreover, it will be a [i]new[/i] version of FFT, which will include new graphics and a new gameplay system.

Furthermore, I don't really believe you when you say you went to E3...I mean, first off you have to be over 18 (and I don't believe you are) and secondly, you have to be a part of the gaming media or a gaming company -- the general public are not permitted.

Nevertheless, I would submit that you should actually get [i]your[/i] facts straight before commenting.

Kuja is quite right to speculate about Final Fantasy on GameCube, even though it is highly unlikely that Square will "leave behind" the PlayStation 2 -- it's just not realistic.

But that doesn't mean that games like Final Fantasy Unlimited can't or won't appear on GameCube, as GCN development is said to be a condition of Square's GBA development.

Sony's stake in Square is totally irrelevant -- as these games are being published under a different name and so technically, they aren't being published by Square (even though Square is developing the games).

Therefore, this loophole allows Square to produce whatever the hell they want for Nintendo, as they aren't doing it under their own trading name.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]not a single game you mentioned impresses me. all of them are very short... on in the case of GTA3 violence doesnt impress me one bit... that game is all hormones but not worth a rental. ill admit MGS2 look impressive and all... but GTA3 is a peice of crap. anyway.

fighting games gcn has IMO... super smash brothers melee one of a kind and the best selling one out there. stratagy can u say pikmin? (ICO is the only ps2 one out there that got any attention and it is sadly short) sports games are just for dumb jocks... u have to realize that while i am an athlete i am also probably one of the smartest people here ;) with an IQ one point short of a genius and an international diploma from high school ;) unless it makes me think i dont want it... which is y STORYLINE is important to me. sports um duh NONE. racing is the same as sports to me... thou mario kart/ctr are ok.
now as we all know i liked the psx better than the 64. so im not a nintendo fan boy or anything. i just like the potential of the cube better. the ps2 is too SHORT on all the games... i spent days on everything but pikmin that is three times longer than ICO which is what a game should be based on not this 7 hour crap or i beat it in a day go me im a real gamer! BS

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, I wasn't really trying to impress you, seeing as how you didn't really blast another system. You clearly stated it was your own opinion and I can't really argue with that. I really [I]do[/I] disagree with your claims that GTA3 is a lackluster game. Sure, it offers a lot of carnage, but there's just so much to do, it ends up being an enjoyable game. I mean, they basically have a mini game that is better than the first Crazy Taxi and there's a tribute to Midnight Racing to boot. Overall, I was very impressed with just how much substance there was in GTA2 and its funfactor--not the adult content.

As for fighting games, I think that Virtua Fighter 4 offers a nice experience on the PS2. It's a different kind of game altogether than Smash Bros, but it's no slouch. I was shocked at how much they refined the gameplay this time around. I don't really think that sports games are for dumb jocks for that matter either. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but some of the better football games require strategy. I've never played online NFL2K, but I'm sure it would be freaking cool.

I know you're not a fanboy or anything. After all, we do spearhead the Sony section together.;) I just love getting my alternative views across.

I must have missed that announcment james...

about E3 i am jot 18 i am 15 but my friend joey has a brother which is a Publishing Manager in LA for PSM. So we got in and I played in Acclaim and Square exclusive suite in the top floor. I played shadowman2 for ps2. Not to mention I plaed Tekken Tag with Gary Coleman at the UGO van. wait were you even there JAmes.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]um... first off if you are gonna tell staff they are wrong... at least have grammar and spelling on the same level or higher than me. that is a good general rule ;). now i still dont believe you because i just dont... anyway topic closed[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]I don't know... I have a really hard time trying to imagine someone with [i]worse[/i] spelling and grammer, LOL. ;)
- jcgoudy[/color]