OtakuBoards

Maverick Hunters: Replimasters

Flash

Drake: Hey Omega, what upgrades you got?

Omega: Well, I installed a 1.8mm release lock, so now I can put my Buster on Semi and Full automatic settings. I've also given it an extra barrel for 3 inch Chaff grenades, 6 per round. I also got a Gothic plate armour with magnetic resistance. I added an extra cell to my Beamsabre...... nothing big there, but it seems to make my beam navy blue instead of red. And finally, I installed a Aeronautic jet cell into each of my boots. I don't think their online yet though.........

Drake: You better hope they come online when you really need them....

Omega: Yeah.......... suddenly I'm not to fond of the idea of trusting my life to these.....

Flash: Well if they're not working, you should be able to get them online. You have one of the best knowledge of propulsion equipment in the world, with all that reading you did on robotic animals.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i]The transport ship exited the base. The underside of its enormous hull glowed with a soft green luminance.

Each member of the crew were doing something different. Flash was piloting the vessel over the nearby hills. Proteus sat down next to him.[/i]

[b]Proteus:[/b] How's it going?

[b]Flash:[/b] Pretty well. How are you liking life so far?

[b]Proteus:[/b] Everything is still fairly alien to me. I have to admit, I don't even really understand what our mission is.

[b]Flash:[/b] Oh...

[b]Proteus:[/b] All I know is that I'm loyal to our cause...and that I will always try to do what is right.

[b]Flash:[/b] I guess that's a good way of looking at things.

[b]Proteus:[/b] Yeah. Can you explain our mission in a little more detail for me?

Arg, I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date o_O

Uh, I'm at a friends house in Wales and I don't get much time on the internet, at least here, so I won't be able to talk much.

I'll be back on saturday so I'll post a proper reply (meaning carrying on with the story) and expect it to be REALLY long ;)

[I]Warlock sat on a peice of wreckage, gazing out at what was left of Dr Light's lab... His mouth was formed in a frown, for he had failed again... Every time he picked up the signal, he always lost it... Always... Slowly getting back onto his feet, he climbed onto a higher pile of wreckage so he could get a better look of the rubble... It was there he saw a flash of red... It came from below, to the east and behind a small wall of rubble... Not wasting any time, he jumped of the pile of wreackage, landing professionaly on the uneven ground... Running forward, he flipped over the wall of wreckage, his eyes scanning the ground... As he landed, he looked around...[/I]

Warlock: "...Dam*it!"

[I]With a sigh, Warlock teleported out of the remants of the lab, back to Hunter H.Q... As his teleportation trail disappeared into the sky, a yellow scarf floated to the ground...[/I]

-----------------------------
Anybody know who Warlock was looking for? ;)
-----------------------------

[I]A few minutes later, Warlock ran up to Commander Signas' office, bursting through the double-doors... Commander Signas' and the strategists all looked up at him in surprise... [/I]

Warlock: "Where are the others?"

Commander Signas: "They've already left. I suggest you go down to the Armoury extremely quickly, then-.

[I]Warlock wasn't able to hear anything else as he leaped out of the office, engaging his Speed-Boost powerup and sprinting to the Armoury... After a minute of sprinting, he arrived outside the Armoury, and turned off his Speed-Boost so it could re-power...[/I]

Warlock: "Let's see... What could I get?"

[I]Warlock wandered through the Armoury, and then quickly remembered something... His Custom Cloak, a transforming wonder, was currently being repaired... Quickly running to the other side of the Armoury, he opened Armoury Repair door, and looked around... Right by the door, hung up, was the cloak... Snatching it, a part of Warlock's back opened up, and Warlock quickly placed the cloak in the space... He re-activated his Speed-Boost, and thundered out of the the Armoury, heading for the Garage... Leaping down a group of stairs, Warlock arrived at the Garage... Warlock knocked the large double doors to the side, and quickly glanced around the Garage... There were several large transports, a few speeders, some Hover-Bikes, and several other assorted things the Hunters had collected or made over the years... Warlock ran across one of the catwalks next to the main part of the garage, and then saw what he was looking for to his left... Parked a few metres away from the other Hover-Bikes, and having a rope surrounding it, was Warlock's Hover-Bike... The base was black, with red streaks down the side... Putting the rope aside, Warlock jumped onto his Hover-Bike, and started the engine... With a silent roar the enginges sprang to life, and the bike lifted off into the air...[/I]

Warlock: "They shouldn't be too far away."

[I]Gunning it, Warlock and his Hover-Bike screamed towards the Hover-Bike entrance and exit of the Garage... The Reploid at the control-panel had only a few seconds to disengage the shield, giving Warlock clear passage out of the Garage... He thundered through the hole, and out into the open... The Hover-Bike kept low to the ground, and Warlock slowly gained on the transport... Ten minutes later, the transport was within Warlock's sight... Taking his right arm off it's handle, Warlock brought it up close to his face, talking into it... [/I]

Warlock: "This is Warlock, Flash. I suggest you open the back ramp, and tell everyone to get out of the way."

Flash: [i]"Can do Warlock."[/i]

[I]Warlock gained on the transport as it's back door slid open, and the transport slowed down... Also slowing down, Warlock and his Hover-Bike entered the transport...[/I]

[I]The transport ship lands in a barren, desolate area... A huge valley, void of water, or life of any kind. A few bones and dead trees litter the area, but apart from that, it's nothing but dust and cracked soil. The back of the ship opens, and the squadron steps out, a large APC following them... This was mobile base [b]Alpha[/b], an ATV base capable of Transport, Cargo holding, and Support fire. Alpha also housed a top of the line Radar and mapping system, allowing for Strategic planning on the field. Flash stepped out, followed by Warlock, Drake, Nova, Proteus, Omega, Slash and Marth... The door closes, and the Transport ship takes off...[/I]

Proteus: What's the plan?

Flash: This area is very hot... And very barren. Reports are that we may find a Replimaster known as 'Fire' around here... However... I don't think he's on the surface.

Omega: So there's a mine or something here?

Flash: Hmm. This place is known for it's Volcanic activity. There may be other Replimasters here too... 'Stone' and 'Flame' are obvious choices, judging by these conditions...

Warlock: Well, we can't be too careful...

Flash: That's right.... We'll set up Camp over there, in that alcove of the mountain... Let's get Alpha over there.

[I]The squad steps on board Alpha, and the huge APC begins to move...[/I]

[I]Warlock sat down in front of the Radar System, and hooked a wire into his ear... Information read-outs of the entire area downloaded itself into his database... Unhooking the wire, he set the radar to continue sweeping the area, and walked over to the large clear area at the back, sitting down near the back door... He looked up at Drake, who was sitting opposite to him, pointing his buster around...[/I]

Warlock: "Excited?"

Drake: "We're going to be shooting up lots of things soon... Of course I'm excited..."

Warlock: "Heh. I knew you'd say that."

[I]Getting up, Warlock released his Cossack Sabre from his belt, and held it up to the light... Suddenly, the APC rocked, nearly sending Warlock to the ground... Regaining his balance, he rushed to the front of the APC, scanning for trouble...[/I]

Warlock: "Are we being attacked!?"

Flash: "Calm down... Just a few bumps in the road."

[I]Feeling a bit embrassed, Warlock turned to the front window, and saw the mountain starting to loom up overhead as the APC entered the alcove...[/I]

Note: Drake is NOT a rookie, Russ...:whoops:

Also, if you've read BnG, then think of Drake as the 'Bass' of MHR....:p

...*dies of laughter at "Warlock: "Well, you know how I was built by Dr Light? Well, I was kinda 'surveillance' for the lab for quite a few years... If my memory serves me right, I remember seeing Dr Light work on him. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if I have some of his abilities, thoughI do doubt it... But anyway, do you understand now Drake?"

Drake: "I lost you around the 'know' bit..." "*

Yet another exellent BnG play-on Lock! :haha:
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
[i]Warlock spun around, noticing the slight increase of light in the APC. He knew what it was before he even saw Drake. He was charging his Fox-III to full power.[/i]

Warlock: Flash, Flash, FLASH!

Flash: I know that tone, and just STOP HIM!

Warlock: EASY FOR YOU TO SAY! YOU KNOW WHAT HE'S DOIN! HE WANTS TO TAKE OUT THE MOUTNAIN!

Flash: Oh, poo.. STOP HIM!

[i]Warlock suddenly put his hand out, flicking Drake upside the head.[/i]

Warlock: *watches as Drake's buster charges down* No blowing up stuff while we're in the APC.

Drake: Awwwwwwwww.......

Warlock: I mean it! Go make sure all of your weapons are in check...

Drake: Well, the Fox-III is in order...... Maybe I'll inspect the Warhammer (OOC: The beam saber.....Hey, I ran out of ideas....o.o) now! :D

Flash: No cutting crap up either!

Drake: Awwwwww........

[i]Proteus was sitting next to Flash. He stared out the window with his deep blue eyes.

If anyone had looked closely at his eyes, they'd have seen millions of tiny blue circuits in the cornea, all pulsating with soft blue light.

Flash still felt a little uneasy about Proteus. Afterall, he was a new model, he'd never been tested or even activated for that matter. And moreover, Dr. Light had never mentioned him to a soul. If he'd never been mentioned, perhaps Dr. Light thought of him as too much of a risk? Perhaps he was still too experimental?

Even though Flash had his doubts, he was kind at heart. Dr. Light had never embued any of his robots with the desires of greed or hate -- and Flash knew that even if this robot were a risk, Dr. Light would have wanted him to recieve a positive reception from his teammates.

Flash looked over at him.[/i]

[b]Flash:[/b] Hey, are you okay?

[b]Proteus:[/b] I'm fine, Flash.

[b]Flash:[/b] You seem very quiet.

[i]Proteus was looking at fields of grass toward the left side of their vehicle -- the grass was laying just beyond a large area of volcanic rock and brimstone. Proteus sighed.[/i]

[b]Proteus:[/b] I have never seen fields of grass before.

[b]Flash:[/b] Yeah...it's like being born as a newborn baby, isn't it? You've never seen things...never felt things...

[b]Proteus:[/b] Yes. It's an experience that I can't describe. I was designed largely to be efficient and to be able to coordinate my attacks and whatnot...and sometimes I wonder, is there more to life for an artificial being like me? Am I meant to go beyond what I was intended for?

[b]Flash:[/b] Just look at the rest of us. We are all artificial...but we are still living beings. We have minds of our own and we have grown from what we started as. Your designer was Dr. Light...and even if he designed you for specific purposes, I know that overall, he would just want you to be happy.

[b]Proteus:[/b] Yeah I guess you're right. Do you think the others will like me though?

[b]Flash:[/b] Why does it matter what they think?

[b]Proteus:[/b] I guess I still feel sort of "cold". I can speak properly, but I'm still not really used to contact with others...

[b]Flash:[/b] Heh, we all went through that. It's perfectly normal. Anyway...I think we're getting close to the destination...

Flash: Wait a minute... Grass?

[I]Flash moves to the side of the APC, and looks out the window... There it is. A patch of grass... A strange thing to see in the middle of a desert wasteland... It was clearly too hot and dry for anything to grow, yet here it was...[/I]

Proteus: What's wrong, Flash?

Flash: Grass in the middle of a Desert... Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Proteus: I suppose so...

Warlock: Hmm... Ya know, it could have something to do with a Replimaster...

Flash: *snaps fingers* Of course. It must be 'Wood'...

Warlock: Wood man... One of Wily's first Robot Masters, right?

Flash: That's right... Very weak to blades and fire though... Which makes me wonder why he'd be here, most likely with Fire-orientated Replimasters... Very strange indeed..

Warlock: Hey, we're entering the alcove...

[I]Alpha is slowly covered by the shadow cast by the mountains, as it pulls into the area below a small overhanging cliff... It comes to a complete standstill, and sets down a few small stabilizers from below its chassis to keep it stable, and immobile. A few small radars begin to turn on top of it, and the turret spins around to face the valley... The hiss of hydraulics is heard, and the APC lowers slightly to the ground... The large side hatch and back ramp slide down and open, and the squad steps out...[/I]

[COLOR=red][I]Bleep bleep bleep...[/I][/COLOR]

[I]Deep in Hunter H.Q, a small pod opened...Inside, was an unused Maverick Hunter, with no experience at all, but the basics installed into his head...Destroy.

The commander was reluctant to activate this hunter, as he was made by a man who soon became evil, and no one knew whether this Hunter was acually a PROPER Hunter at all...But Signas was ready to take the chance...

In a puff of blue and green smoke, a figure of around 5'10" came out, his eyes glowing a bright green...Then a voice tuned into his brain chips frequency...

"Greetings Unit MAX. This is commander Signas. You are in Maverick Hunter H.Q. Do you know what a Maverick is?"[/I]

Max: Yes.

[I]"Good. The other hunters have already left, and are currently in an area not too far from here. If you take a hover bike you may be able to catch up with them. I'm sending you a map signal now."[/I]

Max: ...Map received.

[I]"Just be aware that its a very hot area, void of water and life. Are you sure your armour is able to handle that? The only reports we could find on you are that you are supposed to be Zero's prototype.[/I]

Max: Armour reports say: Armour is able to withstand immense heat, coldness and most acids.

[I]"Ok then. Your first orders are to take a hover bike to the area where the others are. They all have devices which can tell each other when someone else is approching so you should be able to find them easily. They will inform you of your real mission."[/I]

Max: Understood.

[I]"One last thing. Your voice chip only has the basics. If you go to a machine to your left, you will be able to imput millions more words into your head. It won't be to much, as your brains hard drive has hundreds of gigabites free. Good luck."[/I]

[I]Max looked around, and saw the machine. Slowly, he walked over to it, and inserted his hand into a slot. Suddenly, all thoughts were cut off.[/I]

Max: ¬!"£$%^&*()_+`
1234567890QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
[];'#,./\{}:@~<>?| tRanSlatIngggg::::::::aaeeerrrrhhhhhhhhh *Ping* ...I'm ready. :demon:

[I]He turned round and went to the weapons bay. To his surprise, he found there was a section designed specially for him. It seemed that he was only programmed to have a certain set of weapons, and needed to be upgraded to be able to use more. He went up to the shelf and picked off a Beam Sword, Z Buster Model 4 and a Plasma Sheild.[/I]

Max: I guess this is all I can have...I'd better catch up with the others.

[I]He climbed onto a hover bike and set off. His first mission had begun...[/I]

---

Hmmm...Not as long as I thought it would be...-__-;;

Flash: So here we are...

Warlock: Sure is hot.

[I]Flash and Warlock survey the area, seeing nothing but sand, cracked soil, and barren desolate wasteland in the valley ahead of them. Apart from the small patch of grass, there was literaly nothing there...[/I]

Flash: So what now?

Warlock: I say we run a scan on that patch of grass.

Flash: Agreed.

[I]Flash and Warlock turn around, and head back into the APC... But just at that moment, Flash senses an energy reading... The trace indicates that it's that of a Type-3 Hunter Bike... Flash zoomed in on the source, and saw a Hunter riding towards them...[/I]

Flash: I don't recall requesting reinforcements...

Warlock: "And I don't recall hearing anything about reinforcements when I left."

[I]Warlock unhooks his Cossack Sabre from his belt, as Flash unhooks his Terra Fatalis beam... Both flick it on, shading their faces with a light red and green light... [/I]

Flash: "Does he look Maverick?"

Warlock: "Hard to tell... But he has a design similar to Zero's...

[I]Both Warlock and Flash exchange a look, before focusing on the Hover-Bike as it gets closer... It glides to a stop five metres in front of the two, and the Hunter jumps off...[/I]

Hunter: "Are you the other hunters?"

Flash: "Yes. That we are."

Hunter: "I've been sent by Commander Signas to join you. I am called Max."

[I]Warlock stepped closer to Max, his Cossack Sabre in a ready position... After looking Max over, Warlock turns to Flash, and nods...[/I]

Warlock: "He's not Maverick."

Flash: "Interesting. But I wonder why Signas sent him... I told him we didn't need anyone else."

Warlock: "Mayb-"

[I]Warlock stopped talking, as he brought his Sabre up... Flash looked at him oddly, while Max's expression didn't change...[/I]

Flash: "What is it?"

Warlock: "I... Don't know... I just thought I saw something, that's all..."

Flash: "Well, let's just get that grass scanned..."

[i]Warlock took two steps to the side, as Drake landed two feet in front of where he was standing.[/i]

Warlock: Good to see you're ready..

Drake: Yeah. And Proteus should be ready ............now.

[i]No sooner, with Drake still facing forward, Proteus appeared from the side of Alpha.[/i]

Drake: God, I love enhanced battle senses.

Proteus: So you are indeed a battle unit.

Flash: Yup. His main purpose..

Warlock: Even though we are all basically battle units...

Drake: Yeap. So, should we......eh.........start off?

Flash and Warlock: *nod*

[i]And with that, four vapor trails blasted off into the air..[/i]
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
I hope I got all that correct....o.o

OOC: Not exactly, Neil... There are like 9 of us in the unit, and we can't just fly... o_o;; Anyway, we're running sonar scans at the moment, looking for the entrance to the mine that will most likely house some Replimasters...

Blaze, I'm sorry, but the sign-ups are closed. And don't PM ANYONE or in any other way ask to be in this RPG. Maybe next time, eh?

James, check your PMs....

Flash, Warlock said other wise.. The four of us go off to inspect the grass....... While the others search for the entrance to the mine... At least that's what we came up with.....o.o We ARE the co-creators, remember? :p

And besides, that's where jet boosters come in........O______o I mean jeez Flash... You missed all those upgrades for nothing? O________________________________o

Guest Morph
Umm, Neil, I know, Im not stupid, Im not a newbie either, and a lot smart and experienced then you think. But eh, ill wait, because i can tell there is gonna be a v 2 of this rpg, ill sign up then...

Newayz...

---

[I]As Flash, Warlock, Drake and Proteus start to inspect the grass, Max, Marth, Slash, Omega and Nova explore the area...[/I]

Max: So what exactly are we looking for?

Marth: Well, we're supposed to be finding the entrance to a mine...

Nova: Yeah...And we've got to search this whole area for it...

Slash: *Sigh*

Omega: *Sigh*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]
Flash, Warlock said other wise.. The four of us go off to inspect the grass....... While the others search for the entrance to the mine... At least that's what we came up with.....o.o We ARE the co-creators, remember? :p

And besides, that's where jet boosters come in........O______o I mean jeez Flash... You missed all those upgrades for nothing? O________________________________o [/B][/QUOTE]

James--Don't worry, we'll do fine... ;)

He did? Well, darn him. Darn him to heck. As for the jet boosters... *sigh*, I'll allow them, but technically they'd only be used to boost jumps, allowing them to go quite high. Jet boosters themselves are.. well, pretty cheap. Besides, that's why we have Adaptors and the like.. ;)

-------------

Wait, I can't post, I'm still confused! >_<

Marth:This mine entrance finding thing is for the birds....*glances over at Slash, who is sniffing the ground*or the fools.

[i]concentrating on his left hand, he from the Buster and it's concussion shell ammo. Spreading his legs to brace himself from the recoil, Marth lets the shells fly. The high explosive impact-shells left boulder sized pock-marks in the ground where they struck. The others searching for the mine lept out of the way as Marth fired a burst-shot, sending ground flying. He shot again at the same area, but the explosions didn't happen for at least 1.1 seconds more.[/i]

Marth:Well, gentlemen, I think we have our mine.

Flash: Hmm? Looks like Marth found the entrance...

Warlock: So what now?

Flash: We split up. Max, Drake, Nova, Warlock and Marth, you head down into the mine. Omega, Proteus, Nova, Slash, and Myself will investigate that grassy area over there... It appears that there's a little more than grass there, too...

[I]Flash moves to his right, and catches a glance of some greenery behind the mountain... It almost looks like a forest... Basically because it IS a forest... Flash raises an eyebrow...[/I]

Flash: Well anyway, once we've scanned the area, we'll come down and assist you in the mine... Trust me, you'll most definitely need it... Our most recent sonars show traces of at least 3 Replimasters in the area...

Warlock: Don't worry, we'll be fine.

Drake: We got it covered.

Slash: Don't forget that the mine itself will be swarming with other Maverick-Infected robots. They may not be that strong, but they'll quickly overcome you with sheer quantity if you don't stay sharp.

Flash: Remember, for a few of you this is your first mission.. Stay safe, and if your armour's integrity falls to below 5%, you'll be automatically teleported back to Alpha. We have one RR chamber there... Good luck, everyone.

[I]And with that, the two squads split up, one group heading towards the grassy area, leading onto the mysterious forest, and the other down into the mine, glowing red from the molten rock running in the chasms below..[/I]

Warlock: Ok, everyone stay alert. Make sure all your sense processors are in full working condition. One screw up and we'll be surrounded in no time!

[I]All 5 of them run in and see millions of robots crawling about...[/I]

Slash: Whoa...Loadza robots! :wow:

Nova: Yeah...

Drake: Just quit babbling and lets blow sh*t up! :excited:

Max: ...Is he hyper active?

Warlock: Nah, just likes to blow sh*t up.

Max: Alot like all the people on BobandGeorge.com? :confused:

Warlock: Uhhh...Yeah. How do you know about that anyway? :confused:

Max: Wait a mo...Well, my databanks say that my creator loved to go there. :D

Warlock: Riiight...-_-;; Anyway, lets go.

[I]They all run about, blowing sh*t up, Drake enjoying every second of it, when suddenly Max's eyes glow a deep blood red...[/I]

Slash: Hey uh, guys? W-Whats up with Max?

[I]All of them turn round, to see Max shaking uncontrollably![/I]

Drake: Whats up?

Max: Bzzzzz...KKrrrrrrrkkkkk....WWhhhhiiiiiiiirrrr...KILL DESTROY DIE!!! :twitch:

[I]Suddenly, Max lifts up his blaster and starts firing madly, blowing up everything around him![/I]

Warlock: Max!!! What the hell are you doing!?

Max: KILL KILL KILL

[I]BOOM!!![/I]

Nova: What the-!? The mine's caving in!!!

Drake: Awww...I wanted to do all the destruction!

Max: KILL KILL KILLLLLLLL.......Meh? What happened?

Slash: I dunno...But nows not the time! We'd better hurry! The mine's caving in! We have to get out!

Max: K.

[I]All of them run through the mine, dodging falling rocks, and after a while they emerge in a small area which is still stable, but in the middle of the room they see...[/I]

Fire: Maverick Hunters!? Prepare to die...

---

If anyone is wondering what just happened, go read Max's personality in the sign up topic ;)

---

Man that was one weird post...-_____-;;

OOC: [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[b]Flash: We split up. Max, Drake, [b]Nova[/b], Warlock and Marth, you head down into the mine. Omega, Proteus, [b]Nova[/b], Slash, and Myself will investigate that grassy area over there... It appears that there's a little more than grass there, too... [/b][/QUOTE]

Ah ha! Looky Flash, you've made a mistake and putted Nova's name on both group, but since the story was continued on with Nova traveling with Warlock's group, I guess he belongs to Warlocks's group.

And DBZMan, I think you've got me a little mixed up with Marth, I was listed on Flash's group not Warlocks.

Sorry if this interupted the story, but I gotted kinda confused, so I thought I pointed that out.